“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#539373 May 25, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I have an example to explain my argument, you've given me nothing to go on.
Please, give us an example of someone using knowledge and dying because they know things and don't just wish they knew them.
Yes to someone without any Faith like you, I guess that did go over your head, to engage you in your nigh senseless argument, the thief who thinks he is going to get away with robbery when he knows what will happen if he got caught, same for the murderer who knew what would happen if the police caught up with him, but murdered anyway, people committing heinious crimes and KNOWING what will happen if caught but still believing they will get away with it.

There are many more examples, all it takes is common sense to understand it.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#539374 May 25, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you'd smack a three-month-old too?
No. "Smack" is a harsh word that gives an inaccurate description.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#539375 May 25, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's RR's low age limit for a parent to smack a child?
Since it's obviously not seven months, what is it?
Nice diversion!

Now quit being a punk and answer the question

What is Catcher's age limit of an adult to screw a 15 year old? Since it's obviously not 18, what is it?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#539376 May 25, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't disagree with the drinking age. I think 16 is too young to drive...18 to young to be sent off to war.
You said...kids can barely handle life...yet we ask them to kill to keep us safe. Do you not see something ironic in that?
We trust them to kill but arrest them for drinking a beer. That was my point.
One last point...I think that 14 is too young to date.
Ya, it does seem a little nuts to let an ignorant 18 year old to drive a multi-million dollar tank...

Yes, I agree that 14 is too young to date.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#539378 May 25, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> you wallow in feces. that is what your rights are about, the right to be an animal.
Your god has a thing about faeces. Have you tried baking cakes as set out in Ezekiel's divine recipe?

Nottingham, UK

#539379 May 25, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you were trying to avoid an excellent question. What your answer says is that you recognize that the story of Abraham's faith is morally absurd, and that answers such as "Our minds are too puny to understand God's will" just don't cut it.
Good for you.
Nicely put.

It seems that Serah is finding her morals from within herself and not from the bible.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#539380 May 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's 21 because we figure that 18, 19 & 20 years are way too immature to control drinking and driving.
It's from 1984, the National Minimum Drinking Age Act. Basically, it told states that they had to enact a minimum drinking age of 21 or lose up to ten percent of their federal highway funding.
That's a ton of funding, so all 50 states did it immediately.
They picked 21 based of an ancient English common law, at 21 you could vote and become a knight.
I totally agree with it. Kids can barely handle life, no reason to their booze into the mix.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Kids can barely handle life, no reason to their booze into the mix.
Excuse me? I'll assume that you will admit that's your opinion.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#539381 May 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your lower age limit to spank a child?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#539383 May 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, sorry.

Would you ever spank a three-month-old?

Nottingham, UK

#539385 May 25, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah..... So to you:
Gay, non-married sex = bad, sin, evil, etc.
Straight, non-married sex = bad, but not so bad.
==========
Atheists, gays: This is the intolerance y'alls is talkin about, huh?
<quoted text>
.. perhaps it's just a personal distaste, not a hate ??..
.. for me, the thought of violent S&M is a total turnoff. Do I hate the people who indulge in it? No. But, it gets tricky ..
.. if I believe the bible says violent S&M is sinful, against nature, lewd, I could use the book to promote laws and discrimination against such behavior based on my personal dislike ..
.. some people aren't particularly fond of homosexuality, they dislike it. I get that. Only education, underscored by a change in attitudes and an understanding of human sexuality will eliminate the stigma associated with homosexuality ..
.. dumping the bible would also help; it camouflages personal dislikes and prejudices into a fake moral battlefield when, in reality, homosexuality is perfectly natural, especially for the homosexual ..
Fair points

I'm not aware of anything in the bible that speaks out against violent S&M practices.

In fact, maybe the God/Jesus/pain/death thing is one big act of violent sado-masochism.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#539387 May 25, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Excuse me? I'll assume that you will admit that's your opinion.
Yes, that's my opinion. And many others, too.

Some kids aren't dumb. Some kids seem to be wiser beyond their years - you are one of them.

But the majority of kids 15-25 are just stupid, only due to their lack of life experience.

Nottingham, UK

#539388 May 25, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually it was almost a million dead souls. Sure we loss that war, and we deserve to lose that war.
Christianity versus Secular Humanism is the next war. Christians love life, but we are not afraid to die for Jesus Christ. We will find out one day if the Secular Humanist is willing to die to defend homosexuality and other causes. That test is coming sooner than you think.
Secular humanism is winning - it's been winning for years:

Why do you think we don't have slavery any more?

Why do you think we allow freedom of religion?

Why do you think women are empowered and treated as equals to men?

Why do you think we promote racial equality?

Why do you think we don't persecute homosexuals?

Why do you think we abandon ancient superstition?

Why do you think that all religions musty comply with the overarching law of the land?

Nottingham, UK

#539390 May 25, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so much:
Buddhist Religious Violence Worsens In Burma: Report
The Burmese Buddhist-controlled government and military killed more than 1,000 Rohingya Muslims in the last year and has continued to forcibly promote Buddhism and discriminate against other minority religious groups, according to a report released Tuesday by the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom.
“The military reportedly continues to limit religious worship and forcibly promote Buddhism as a means of pacification in these areas and targets Christians for forced labor, rape, intimidation, and destruction of religious sites,” the report says.“The government also continues to censor religious publications and prohibits the import of Bibles and Qu’rans in indigenous languages.”
DO you really want to get into a numbers game, comparing people killed by Buddhists to those killed by followers of the Abrahamic religions?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#539393 May 25, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your lower age limit to spank a child?

Nottingham, UK

#539394 May 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget what society believes, what do YOU believe?
What does a persons sex life have to do with the legality if being married?
Do you need to know MY sex life with a girlfriend before I marry her?
Do I need yours?
Do you need details about Lacez and his fiancé's sexual encounters?
Some Christians are absolutely obsessed with people's sex lives.

These people simply ache to have social control. If they had it they would be legislating for the doctrines we're meant to believe and what sort of sex we're allowed to have.

If Jesus was for real, these guys want to tie him in knots with their man-made rules.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#539395 May 25, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, sorry.
Would you ever spank a three-month-old?
Yes, but I never have.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#539396 May 25, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair points
I'm not aware of anything in the bible that speaks out against violent S&M practices.
In fact, maybe the God/Jesus/pain/death thing is one big act of violent sado-masochism.
Started off good, then you went to a hateful rant.

Geesh.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#539397 May 25, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> The Word says ' let God be true and every man a liar'.........and a liar is your M.O.
Well, it's BibleGod's scriptures that memorialize the Hellenization of the Jesus movement, goofy.

Nottingham, UK

#539398 May 25, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> lol been there done that. 21st century science makes it quite hard to accept the beliefs of buddhism. me angry and full of rage is your imagination I only write my views. homosexuality is a evil perverse abominable vile practice. and society needs 2 debate legalizing such animalistic practices. that all. and we are having that debate. I laugh at the bigot title...so that dont have any effect on my stance.
What is it in 21st century science that refutes Buddhism but doesn't refute Christianity?

You appear to be something of an authority on evil perverse abominable vile practices - the bible is full of them.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#539399 May 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's my opinion. And many others, too.
Some kids aren't dumb. Some kids seem to be wiser beyond their years - you are one of them.
But the majority of kids 15-25 are just stupid, only due to their lack of life experience.
Perhaps. Most people around my age (especially younger) are infuriatingly stupid. However, I'm not too sure if intelligence necessarily increases with age. I imagine you find the same proportion of idiots in every age group.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Liam 560,338
Moses never existed 5 min Hidingfromyou 814
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 6 min Johnny 4,867
Chris Bosh: The Forsaken One 11 min Doctor REALITY 3
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Clearwater 777,753
Darüssafaka SAMSUNG MASLAK (O2I2) 299 I5 34 S... 13 min sansungrete 1
Maslak Samsung Maslak Levent Samsung (O2I2) 299... 19 min sansungrete 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 441,810
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr onemale 265,403
More from around the web