Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Hippie Witch”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#539336 May 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, I agree. But who knows. I don't have a daughter, but if I did I wouldn't allow her at 14 to date an 18 year old.
You might not allow her but she might not care...and it's unfair to punish one but not the other when it's completely consensual.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#539337 May 25, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
you wallow in feces. that is what your rights are about, the right to be an animal.
It aint necessarily so wrote:

@ Christians: Look at how little power your church and message has.
You'll have to demonstrate how you know he learned that from church and not something else.

Go.

“Hippie Witch”

Location hidden

#539338 May 25, 2013
Phaerae wrote:
<quoted text>
No point in arguing then since you have your opinion and I have mine. At the end of the day I personally feel that regardless of gender no crime was committed, most children are having sex by the age of 12...gross yes but nonetheless true. An 18yr old having sex with a 15yr old to me is not a crime, especially if is been an ongoing relationship for some time. I don't believe labelling them sex offenders is acceptable. We have 14yr olds running around robbing and killing and you charge them as adults in many cases because they are old enough to know the difference from right and wrong...but somehow are considered too immature to have sex?! These days kids are bombarded with sexually imagery everywhere you look....by the time they're 14 they know more about sex than some adults do.
Sorry, labelling them sex offenders is "unacceptable".

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#539339 May 25, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>Why ..."unlikely"?
Do you have solid facts to back up your "something".

Are you making a gut assumption?

I ask because if you read something I missed or know of information I haven't discovered yet; I'd like to read/discover it also.
Because there is such discrimination and prejudice towards gays in the States that it is highly probable that's most of the reason why they've pressed charges.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#539340 May 25, 2013
Phaerae wrote:
<quoted text>
You might not allow her but she might not care...and it's unfair to punish one but not the other when it's completely consensual.
It's absolutely fair. One is an adult and therefore responsible by the law. It doesn't matter if it's consensual. The laws states that a minor can't give consent to sex, at all.

The law is that an 18 year old and a minor cannot have sex.

It doesn't matter if it's 18 and 14 or 58 and 14, it's still illegal.
Chris Viljoen

South Africa

#539341 May 25, 2013
Hey guys! Check out this new chat site for religion: http://domeofcontacts.wordpress.com/welcome/r...

Be the first to write your story to the world from here!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#539342 May 25, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys are just dying to die.
Then what?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#539343 May 25, 2013
Phaerae wrote:

most children are having sex by the age of 12...gross yes but nonetheless true.
'True'?

'Most' would imply a majority. Can you demonstrate without a doubt that 51% or more of 12 year old are already having sex?

I doubt it.
An 18yr old having sex with a 15yr old to me is not a crime,
Really....?

Then at what age should it be a crime to screw a 14 year old?

19? 24? 42? 91?
especially if is been an ongoing relationship for some time.
I can't believe your endorsing a 14 year old child having sex with an adult.

“Hippie Witch”

Location hidden

#539344 May 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's absolutely fair. One is an adult and therefore responsible by the law. It doesn't matter if it's consensual. The laws states that a minor can't give consent to sex, at all.
The law is that an 18 year old and a minor cannot have sex.
It doesn't matter if it's 18 and 14 or 58 and 14, it's still illegal.
I disagree, if your son was the 18yr old being labelled a sex offender you might feel differently. I'm sorry to me an 18yr old isn't quite an adult anymore than a 14,15,16,17 yr old...they are still teenagers...jmo

Montreal

#539345 May 25, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>Here is what I think...though obviously both sides of this will be offended!

First...I don't believe that gay marriage should be on a ballot.

In this country we are granted the right to vote...or not to vote. We all have the right to vote on an issue according to what we think is best.

In the state of Washington we recently had the opportunity to vote on two controversial issues...gay marriage...legalizing marijuana. Obviously I voted yes on gay marriage.

Though not a marijuana user after doing some research I also voted yes to that issue. I didn't do so because I advocate usage...I did so to take a drug that is no more harmful than alcohol out of the hands of drug pushers. IMO this frees up resources that can be used to fight those drugs that are more harmful. It frees up space in prisons for those more that have committed violent crimes.

My point...

Many people think that it is their right to smoke marijuana if they choose to. If I had of voted no or just not voted at all...would that make me a bigot?

People need to vote (or not) based on their own opinions. I do...

Lacez...I believe in our constitution...I will defend the rights that we are granted through it. I might not agree with how one chooses to exercise those rights...but it is their right.

IMO In some cases the reasons that someone might not vote for gay marriage might be indicative of bigotry but not in all cases.

Okay Lacez...I am going to finish this in another post. I want to make it clear as to why I believe as I do. Might take a while to get it written...
When I see the other part of your comment, I'll comment on that too.
For now, I'll comment on this comment.
I'll try and explain this the best I can.

The reason i find it is bigoted to be against marriage equality is because gay individuals pay taxes that pay for people's marriages. They are therefore entitled to marriage, they pay for it just like everyone else.
To deny them marriage is to make them continue paying the government for a service they can never take part in.
That is a form of discrimination, for they are being forced to pay extra technically.

Lets apply the same instance to another situation, which is entirely valid to prove the point.

Let us say that you lost your job and need to go on Employment Insurance for a while. You call up the people in charge (in my case, Service Canada).
You tell them your situation and for some reason, they ask you your sexual orientation.
"I'm gay."

They proceed to tell you that those services, the ones that you pay a percentage of your paycheck for, are unavailable to homosexuals.
They bid you good day and send you on your way.

Now, are you trying to tell me that that would be a non-bigoted law?

“Hippie Witch”

Location hidden

#539346 May 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
'True'?
'Most' would imply a majority. Can you demonstrate without a doubt that 51% or more of 12 year old are already having sex?
I doubt it.
<quoted text>
Really....?
19? 24? 42? 91?
<quoted text>
Recent stats show that's the case, you can check that facts and figures yourself. Personally I feel that an age gap of about 3-5ys if you're under 18 is not outrageous these days and happens quite often.

I don't consider an 18yr old as an adult, the age of consensual sex in Canada has been 14 for quite some time and has limitations such as the acceptable age gap. For 14yr old the acceptable gap is 2, yrs and the gap widens slightly as they get older. The reason for this is so that teens are not labelled as sex offenders when they are not.

Am I saying all adults should be allowed to have sex with children nor am I endorsing it as you are infamatorily stating. I'm just saying teens are having sex, that's the reality and to label one a sex offender over that is stupid.

For the record I was sexually assaulted at the age of 8 and would slaughter pedophiles without batting an eye...but two young kids having sex doesn't make the older one a pedophiles.

Montreal

#539347 May 25, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>And also the REVERSE is true more often than not, that knowing has still gotten people killed and into trouble because he faioed to act or not act on what they they DID KNOW, see how that works?........while many a time many others and myself have stepped out on blind Faith and have been delivered when we ourselves saw no possible solutions to the situations that we were in.

Your argument against applying faith fails because it is only directed to whatever the individuals situation is a nd not to everyone else's. FAITH IN God works faithfully for those that believe.
I have an example to explain my argument, you've given me nothing to go on.

Please, give us an example of someone using knowledge and dying because they know things and don't just wish they knew them.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#539348 May 25, 2013
Phaerae wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree, if your son was the 18yr old being labelled a sex offender you might feel differently. I'm sorry to me an 18yr old isn't quite an adult anymore than a 14,15,16,17 yr old...they are still teenagers...jmo
They are teenagers and still quite immature, yes.

But legally they are adults. They can now smoke, vote, move away, work or don't work, and f_ck.

Children, minors, don't have the legal responsibility or age to have sex.

You shouldn't condone it. Let them be kids.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#539349 May 25, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Because there is such discrimination and prejudice towards gays in the States that it is highly probable that's most of the reason why they've pressed charges.
That's speculation only.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#539350 May 25, 2013
Phaerae wrote:
<quoted text>
Recent stats show that's the case, you can check that facts and figures yourself. Personally I feel that an age gap of about 3-5ys if you're under 18 is not outrageous these days and happens quite often.
I don't consider an 18yr old as an adult, the age of consensual sex in Canada has been 14 for quite some time and has limitations such as the acceptable age gap. For 14yr old the acceptable gap is 2, yrs and the gap widens slightly as they get older. The reason for this is so that teens are not labelled as sex offenders when they are not.
Am I saying all adults should be allowed to have sex with children nor am I endorsing it as you are infamatorily stating. I'm just saying teens are having sex, that's the reality and to label one a sex offender over that is stupid.
For the record I was sexually assaulted at the age of 8 and would slaughter pedophiles without batting an eye...but two young kids having sex doesn't make the older one a pedophiles.
Ooohhhhhhhh.......

I see the problem now.

You're Canadian.

And your guess that "most 12 year olds are having sex" is just a wild guess.

Got it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#539352 May 25, 2013
Phaerae wrote:
but two young kids having sex doesn't make the older one a pedophiles.
True, it just means they've broken the law.

And we weren't talking about two young kids having sex, we were talking about an adult having sex with a minor.

If you're good with 18 & 14, then you should be good with 19 & 13, what's the difference?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#539354 May 25, 2013
Sunny Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Another lie and smear against Christians. Go figure. Perhaps if the same crap wasn't repeated over and over.
Whaddup, Chris, did your other name die on you?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#539355 May 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
'True'?
I doubt it.
<quoted text>
Really....?
19? 24? 42? 91?
<quoted text>
Strange thing is...by law they are an adult...by law they can vote...by law they can go off to war...by law they can not buy alcohol.

If they are not mature enough to buy a drink at age 18...why do we assume they are mature enough to make wise choices about who they have sex with.

We have some very strange and in my opinion contradictory laws in this country. Image being old enough to go be shot at or shoot at someone but can't buy a beer.

Mature enough to kill but not mature enough to drink a beer.

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#539356 May 25, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good morning Judy, you are truly like a breath of fresh air to what has truly been like a war zone of a thread here lately.
How's everything with you and yours?
Wayne is recovering from severe pneumonia and my sister that had the mastectomy last year is scheduled for her reconstruction surgery June 3d -- my daughter just got back from Myrtle Beach Bike week and had a blast and I'm thankful for all Gods provision as I'm still working just as much as ever.
Thank you for asking LOL --

I have just one piece of advice for a war zone, tread lightly cause the land mines set are designed to take you out LOL --

No matter the diversity Scott -- Gods light can never be diminished -- there is a Beacon here that will never go out.

I love to think of all Hams posts in the archives that help put the binding on the Golden Thread --bound in Gods love.

TLC - Judy

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#539357 May 25, 2013
Phaerae wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course.

They were 14 and 17. The older girl has turned 18 (the younger is 15), so they can prosecute her.

It's ridiculous from the common sense standpoint.

Stupid, poor policy, utterly foolish--disgusting in my view.

They can ruin a young girl's entire life.

In the meantime, the gangbangers are out there committing real crimes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate 5 min Into The Night 4,160
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min It aint necessari... 881,589
9/11&bin 21 min REV CAROL 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr who 177,903
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr dollarsbill 8,414
Does enyone know what is the best way to buy an... (Jul '09) 1 hr VALWriting 2
Research paper writing services - their Pros an... 1 hr VALWriting 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr 2all 603,771
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 8 hr sangili karuppan 7,700
More from around the web