Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#539269 May 25, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay married sex = bad, sin, evil, etc.
That [my]take. But to use that to prevent them from marrying, that different thing.
So to you, gay sex, married or not, is just wrong.

Right?

Why?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#539270 May 25, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:

My bottom line is that we should attempt to lead a healthy, decent and productive life, and then figure out how to accept death gracefully when it comes.
Put on your seat belt AFTER the accident.

Brilliant!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#539271 May 25, 2013
Remain in the state of self-referral.This means remain established in the awareness of your true self-your spirit,your connection to the field of pure potentiality.It also means not to look at yourself through the eyes of the world or allow yourself to be influenced by the opinions and critcisms of others.A helpful way to maintian that state of self-referal is to keep your desires to yourself;so do not share them with anyone else unless they share the exact same desires you have and are closely bonded with you.

Written by Deepak Chopra

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#539272 May 25, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning. What a great day. Birds are singing, sun is out. Praying and thankful.
This is a day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it :) Have a great day Chris Clearwater :)

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#539273 May 25, 2013
Good Morning Lawlest100 )

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#539274 May 25, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>hahaha
I hope no-one gets offended at the jokes,'cause I think they are much better than some of what has been offered to us for reading..
***One day a group of scientists got together and decided that man had come a long way and no longer needed God. So they picked one scientist to go and tell Him that they were done with Him.
The scientist walked up to God and said, "God, we've decided that we no longer need you. We're to the point that we can clone people and do many miraculous things, so why don't you just go on and get lost."
God listened very patiently and kindly to the man. After the scientist was done talking, God said, "Very well, how about this?
Let's say we have a man-making contest." To which the scientist replied, "Okay, great!"
But God added, "Now, we're going to do this just like I did back in the old days with Adam."
The scientist said, "Sure, no problem" and bent down and grabbed himself a handful of dirt.
God looked at him and said, "No, no, no. You go get your own dirt!"***
Ahaha... Cute.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#539278 May 25, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good evening HFN. That is fantastic news indeed, and here is even more great news.......
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
We need only hang on a little while longer. Blessings my friend.(C:
True, I look forward to that day.
Blessings to you Lawest :),
HFY

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#539279 May 25, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how old Mr. Catcher is? IANS? Because this same post could be given to them as its clear they are quite the bigots concerning Christians. Won't hold my breath for you to agree or even say word one to them as they post hate day after day. And so it goes.
Chris...what part of this addresses only Christians?

I said...

I feel sorry for anyone that feels so much hatred that they would belittle another human being...I don't care what faith you are or even a lack of faith.
Stop being afraid of differences...instead embrace them...learn from them...most of all...don't hate because of them. At the end of the day...you have not gained anything...you have only lost.

I specified...anyone that feels so much hatred

I specified...faith you are or even a lack of faith

Hatred is hatred no matter what side is throwing it out.

My post was addressed to Adam because of his death wish that he has for gays and the fact that for the last few days he has tried to antagonize me in to a response.

IMO...my post to him was warranted.

BTW...I have posted to IANS my disagreement to destroying the church...to Lacez for his opinion that people are bigoted simply for not voting for gay marriage.

Though I might share with them the end result for gay rights...I think that I have also stated that I don't share in their methods of obtaining that.

Think what you want of me Chris...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#539280 May 25, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You've hit the nail on the head.
These people just have a natural hatred for gays which they then try to make holy.
Ya, I'm noticing.

It's those Christians that make the rest of us look bad.

Like those "royal flamers" at the LBGT parades make all the gays look bad.

Sucks.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#539282 May 25, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/top stories/T0N0LORUMAROFEJGO/post 538582
<quoted text>
It needn't be productive to be worthwhile. It need only feel right. I suppose it reminds me most of the good feeling I used to get fighting disease. The Dimwit is like an abscess or hemorrhoid capable of gagging a maggot and needing repeated lancing and draining over a period of months.
Does that help?
Um... Lol

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't like Skom very much do you?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#539283 May 25, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Skom.
I didn't forget about this.
Two girls. One 17 and one 14 were dating in high school. The 17 year old was a cheerleader and the 14 year old was a basketball player. They had "girl sex". When the 17 year old turned 18, the cops came to her house and arrested her. I could look up what they charged her with but one of the charges is a felony and carries a penalty of 15 years in prison (from what I've seen on CNN). I really haven't been following it too much.
In a case like that, the 18 year old broke the law, plain and simple. She shouldn't get a free pass just because it was only "girl sex".

But 15 years in prison seems a bit harsh.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#539284 May 25, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhh.. some sanity in the midst!! So very good to read your posting, my Triplet (now that we have added PW we are 3) and thank you for sharing Scripture, it is surely needed xxx
Hey My Triplet,
It sure doesn’t hurt my triplet

Hey my other triplet, PW

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#539285 May 25, 2013

What else could be to blame? The public schools? Two And A Half Men? Wal-Mart? Islam?
Seriously - who else could possibly be the source of that kind of hatred? It's exactly analogous to atheophibia. Atheists are also despised. Would you like to ask me the same question about the origins of that meme? It's certainly not due to the Lord of the Rings movies, little league baseball, Dominoes Pizza or the NFL.
In turn, some atheists hate, fear and despise theists. You are borderline.

And some gays hate, fear and despise straights.

Where de we go from there?
I think you're vastly underestimating it.
Then lets meet in the middle and say that christian homophobia is moderate at best.
I think you posted that just to increase the suffering of gays a little more.
I neither condone nor practice suffering of gays.

Don't lie - you don't think :)

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#539286 May 25, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how old Mr. Catcher is? IANS? Because this same post could be given to them as its clear they are quite the bigots concerning Christians. Won't hold my breath for you to agree or even say word one to them as they post hate day after day. And so it goes.
Where are they being intolerant of your views?
Do you see them trying to deny you rights for your views?

Nope; therefore they aren't bigots.

Besides, bigots are typically bigoted towards minorities.
Are you saying that Christians are a minority?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#539287 May 25, 2013
<quoted text>
No, I don't. I act like the majority of people that do that in the West are taught directly or indirectly by the Christian church. It doesn't matter what fraction of you that is.
It totally matters what fraction it is. If, say 80% of the churches in America are preaching hatred to gays, there's a big problem. But if there's 10% of them preaching hatred to gays, that's a much smaller problem.

You act like 100% of churches bitch about gays every Sunday morning....
I am.
Why can't you be fair? Why are you trying to whitewash the church's moral crimes? This is a gross injustice, and there can only be one source for it.
I am fair, you aren't.

There's about 400,000 churches in America.

Find out which ones promote hatred towards gays and target them.

Leave the others be.

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#539288 May 25, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I will address this part...I think that I understand what you have written.
When I said that I don't mind innuendos and flirting...I was not addressing anyone particular in this thread. I was not addressing anything in particular that has been said in this thread.
All that I was saying was that there is a line that should not be crossed...
So...to be specific...I think HL crossed it by continuing to ask if people have "muff dived". I think that she crosses it when she continues to flirt with people that have asked or implied that they don't appreciate it.
I think Lawest crossed the line when he felt the need to talk about someones pole being stuck up anothers butt.
Trifecta crosses it when he has vowed to keep discussing details about gay sex as long as they speak of gay marriage.
I think "H" crossed it when he spoke of Lacez smelling like poop and playing with his own feces.
I think Lacez crossed it when he spoke of Lawest's mother and calling people a bigot simply because they choose not to vote for gay marriage.
I think IANS crosses it when he says that Christians should stay in the closet with their faith.
I think Adam crosses it with his hate speech.
I am sure that I have crossed the line. SP and Lawest thought I did when I said "talk to the hand".
To sum it all up...
I don't believe in fighting hatred with hatred.
I don't believe in fighting intolerance with intolerance.
I don't believe in taking away one persons rights to gain the rights of another.
Nor do I believe in silencing one group of people in order for someone else to be heard.
I could speak of what I do believe in...but what difference would that make...not a bit.
I did not insult your intelligence nor did I insult my own...I responded to what I read in your post...as to what I thought that you were trying to say.
So...both sides of this wonderful debate can attack...makes no difference...that possibility will not change what I do or not believe.
I think that we all could do better...we have just made the choice not to.
This post doesn't deserve an "X".

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#539289 May 25, 2013
<quoted text>
It's Christianity in most of its forms. I like the Quakers.
Three reasons to hate the church? Its atheophobia, homophobia, and antiscientism. They all do tremendous harm.
You could add all of the sexual prudery and guilt it creates. Or the misogyny. Or the antisemitism. Or terrorizing children with hell theology. Or its obstructionist position on family planning.
You seem to be deliberately blind to the problems that church imposes on society. That's one of the problems with faith.
No, I'm not blind to anything. I know there are corrupt churches and preachers/priests out there and that sucks.

But I refuse to see the negative in a few churches and condemn them all for it. You do.

You refuse to see the good that most churches do, you only see the bad.

I think you do that to further your cause and to promote "anti-churchism".

“Hippie Witch”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#539290 May 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
In a case like that, the 18 year old broke the law, plain and simple. She shouldn't get a free pass just because it was only "girl sex".
But 15 years in prison seems a bit harsh.
I'm wondering though, would the parents of the 14yr old pushed for charges had their daughters partner been male? Something tells me unlikely.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#539291 May 25, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>And it is OK for some to call others bums ..... definitely hypocrites in here and they don't even know it.
***I came to You late, O Beauty so ancient and new. I came to love You late. You were within me and I was outside where I rushed about wildly searching for You like some monster loose in Your beautiful world. You were with me but I was not with You. You called me, You shouted to me, You wrapped me in Your Splendour, You broke past my deafness, You bathed me in Your Light, You sent my blindness reeling. You gave out such a delightful fragrance and I drew it in and came breathing hard after You. I tasted, and it made me hunger and thirst; You touched me, and I burned to know Your Peace.
St. Augustine of Hippo
http://www.catholic.org/prayers/prayer.php... ***
Nice poem Serah.

I agree some don’t know it, they don’t want to either.

Oh well, like Lawest said, we only need to hang on, we will one day be with God.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#539292 May 25, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Good news indeed SeRaH :)
Whatever else is said in here that is true.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

So is this:
John 1:1 ¶In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 3 min i wanna meet 585
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Buck Crick 881,299
News The Latest: Husband: Kentucky clerk is 'standin... 4 min Freebird USA 10
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min June VanDerMark 603,634
What Steps we can take to preserve and conserve... 6 min Give Up 2
The Christian Atheist debate 9 min Freebird USA 4,090
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 21 min Freebird USA 177,902
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 56 min sangili karuppan 7,673
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 8,365
More from around the web