Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#539303 May 25, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that one of the biggest problems with many Christians is trying to win a theological debate with those that are gay rather than show them Christ's love.
As a Christian I try (key word) try to not exclude anyone as I believe that we are to love ALL people as Christ loves ALL people.
This is very true, but wouldn't you agree that once engaged into a discussion with them about the subject at hand, it is in the spirit of love to point out the error of their ways and not make them feel good in their sins?.........Christians are not always the aggressors in these debates ( very seldom that they are ) and not everyone has the same level of tolerance as other believers in seeing our Faith slandered.

Blessings.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#539305 May 25, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
you wallow in feces. that is what your rights are about, the right to be an animal.
@ Christians: Look at how little power your church and message has. Sure, most of you do better than this, but too many not by much, and most not nearly as good as you could do.

Those of you who are better people just got luckier. Maybe you were born better, or to better parents in better circumstances, or maybe even had a good pastor. I did.

But those who were a little less lucky and did not have access to these resources - who had only the power of the Word and the Spirit to guide you - well, feast your eyes on what that gets you if that's all you have. Nothing that you want to reproduce.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#539306 May 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
AnnieJ wrote:
Even most of the youth involved in Christianity do not want a message of division.
<quoted text>
Yes.
Believe it or not, Christian's attitudes DO change, IANS.
There are even gay churches out there. So you suppose they're promoting gay hate, too? You wanna close them down, too?
Your post is in keeping with something else that I believe. Actually I thought of you when I was forming my thoughts to write.

This post actually addresses...my side of the fence.

There are many people that are tired of the hatred, bigotry and the name calling. These people are old...young...and in between. They are also non-Christians...Christians... people of all different faiths. They want a kinder and more compassionate world to live in. Their view points are changing...

IMO...if they turn from one source of hatred...only to find it coming from the other side...what have we done? We can not afford to become the monster that we fight...that monster of hatred.

I have a friend who was a self-admitted bigot. He was a bigot until he had the opportunity to sit down and talk to a transgendered person. Her patience...kindness...understa nding...is what changed his mind. He finally got that she too was a human being deserving of love and respect. They are now best friends and he is an advocate for the GLBT (and all those other letters) community.

Some people will never change...that is a fact. Some people will...

Those people that do rarely do so because of someone elses anger or hatred...they do so because they finally understand.

All of the above is just truly only my opinion. It is what I believe.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#539307 May 25, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense.
Your scriptures are rife with the struggle to Hellenize the early Jesus movement and wrest it from its Hebrew roots.
Your suspension of disbelief does not change that.
The Word says ' let God be true and every man a liar'.........and a liar is your M.O.

“Hippie Witch”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#539308 May 25, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> This is very true, but wouldn't you agree that once engaged into a discussion with them about the subject at hand, it is in the spirit of love to point out the error of their ways and not make them feel good in their sins?.........Christians are not always the aggressors in these debates ( very seldom that they are ) and not everyone has the same level of tolerance as other believers in seeing our Faith slandered.
Blessings.
Sorry but reading through this forum I'd say the aggressors are about 50/50 equally.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#539309 May 25, 2013
Phaerae wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I read that story as well and in my eyes they murdered their child. By standing by, watching their child suffer knowing full well that had they gone to the doctor their child would have lived. They sat back and "let" their child suffer and die. To me that's murder, it's not inflammatory at all Skom it's how some folks feel about it...kinda like how people see abortion as murder and others don't.
Skom's statement about it being senseless to send parents with broken hearts to prison reminds me of the kid who killed his parents, then pleaded for mercy on the ground he's an orphan.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#539310 May 25, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, I must confess that I often get caught up in the "daily grind." I concentrate on the things that must be done, on earning a living, taking care of family matters, going to church, maintaining and improving my house, and so much more. Sometimes, I don't just stop and reflect on what you want. I'm sorry. God, what do you want to do through me today? What do you want me to accomplish for a purpose greater than myself? Please help me to have pure motives and always a willing heart. I pray that I will do as Your Word exhorts in Matthew 5:16: "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." May you be glorified. In Jesus' name, amen.
Prime Time with GOd
Amen.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#539311 May 25, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Its the antichrist spirit in you. Le Le is wrong she has been wrong and will stay wrong in this battle. I'm not sure but I don't think I've posted to Lacez. Might have early on but see it as pointless. I know where he stands and he knows where I stand. No doubt you do praise him. Its not because you want to see people as equals, don't kid yourself. The book of Romans covers this quite well.
Indeed.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#539312 May 25, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
mama
try to describe your thoughts and black outs in the short few sentences
Nobody read your long without of end posts and bamblings
Lacez is good boy,and he need more Love and compassion from all of us, try to direct him only to Bible,
not to those hates of Trifecta or muslim Adam Liar hating all westerners and christians?
have good and sweet day,
and accpt word May God and your dr Shrink bless you?
No has to read them shrinky dink...but I have to write them.

Besides...I am sure that someone reads them...some seem to have a response to them...whether I like those responses or not.

I do hope that you are having a wonderful weekend.

If one remains silent...they have no voice.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#539313 May 25, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. point taken. Again, regardless of gender, some parents will try to control the sexual life of a teenager, even take legal action ..
I think thay's why they call it parenting. They do the best they can ...and as they see fit.
Perhaps their parenting style differs from yours.
It's their child. They needn't get permission from anyone.

.. if I were a teenage girl and this happened to me, I would be extremely resentful.
Probably ain't the first time the child has felt resentment ...nor will it be the last.
At age 15, you're in love with the very idea of love and driven by hormones ..
I'm sure the parents are well aware.
.. switch it around a bit. You're 15, in love with a 18-year-old girl. Your parents have her arrested. How do you feel ??..
I was thirteen and met a girl in summer camp. For two weeks we were inseperable. After returning home there was some written corespondence and a couple of phone calls. My heart was broke HL. She lived in Vero Beach, Indian River County. I lived in S.W. Miami. So on a Saturday I got up early, left a note stating I wasn't running away & that I'd be back ...I just had to see Terral, so I got on my 10 spd at 6a.m. and started toward Vero with $13.00 of lawn mowing money and a Fla roadmap. I got to her house at 4p.m. Sunday afternoon.

My parents had already been in touch with her parents, so when I called her house for directions ...her dad called mine. My folks left immediately to come get me. Dad said it was 166 miles by car ...farther for me because I couldn't ride my bike up I-95 or the turnpike, so I went thru Coconut Grove and up US1. I had to give a trooper the slip in Ft. Peirce ...I hid behind a dumpster. The rest of the trip was uneventful. A motel keeper in Stuart let me get some sleep in a room for about six hours Saturday night. I made the bed before I left.

When I got to her house ...she wasn't there. They wouldn't let us see each other. I'll never forget the look on her mothers face ...this 13 yr old boy was so crazy for her daughter that he could complete such a feat.

My parents were to proud of me to punish me ...and was I ever glad to see them. I've never suffered leg cramps like that.

I understand hormones and true love.
HL Wrote: some states are attempting to change the age of consent. That would be a step in the right direction.
<quoted text>
.. parents will never be able to control the sexual appetite of a teenager. Sh*t happens. You can raise a child to the best of your ability but you cannot control desire ..
.. at what age did you lose your virginity? Did you wait until you were 18? If not, did it harm you in any way ??..
I'm 53 and I've never married. I have no children. Oh, I thought about it a couple of times. I guess I just never met another that made me feel that way again.

“Old School Granny ”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#539314 May 25, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, I must confess that I often get caught up in the "daily grind." I concentrate on the things that must be done, on earning a living, taking care of family matters, going to church, maintaining and improving my house, and so much more. Sometimes, I don't just stop and reflect on what you want. I'm sorry. God, what do you want to do through me today? What do you want me to accomplish for a purpose greater than myself? Please help me to have pure motives and always a willing heart. I pray that I will do as Your Word exhorts in Matthew 5:16: "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." May you be glorified. In Jesus' name, amen.
Prime Time with GOd
May Golden Thread frame this post -- TLC - Judy5

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#539315 May 25, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Amen.
My GOoD ness Scott, we were both responding to the same post at nearly the same time -- GOoD afternoon my friend -- TLC - Judy

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#539316 May 25, 2013
Phaerae wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been stated that the parents of the 14yr old parents felt that the 18yr made their daughter gay, they were looking for an excuse to prosecute, to me that tells me that had their daughter been sexually active with a boy they likely wouldn't have cared...could I be wrong? Maybe but I doubt it hick.
The mother of the 18 yr old made those statements. How could she posibly know what the other parents are thinking?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#539317 May 25, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>I think thay's why they call it parenting. They do the best they can ...and as they see fit.
Perhaps their parenting style differs from yours.
It's their child. They needn't get permission from anyone.<quoted text>Probably ain't the first time the child has felt resentment ...nor will it be the last.<quoted text>I'm sure the parents are well aware.<quoted text>I was thirteen and met a girl in summer camp. For two weeks we were inseperable. After returning home there was some written corespondence and a couple of phone calls. My heart was broke HL. She lived in Vero Beach, Indian River County. I lived in S.W. Miami. So on a Saturday I got up early, left a note stating I wasn't running away & that I'd be back ...I just had to see Terral, so I got on my 10 spd at 6a.m. and started toward Vero with $13.00 of lawn mowing money and a Fla roadmap. I got to her house at 4p.m. Sunday afternoon.
My parents had already been in touch with her parents, so when I called her house for directions ...her dad called mine. My folks left immediately to come get me. Dad said it was 166 miles by car ...farther for me because I couldn't ride my bike up I-95 or the turnpike, so I went thru Coconut Grove and up US1. I had to give a trooper the slip in Ft. Peirce ...I hid behind a dumpster. The rest of the trip was uneventful. A motel keeper in Stuart let me get some sleep in a room for about six hours Saturday night. I made the bed before I left.
When I got to her house ...she wasn't there. They wouldn't let us see each other. I'll never forget the look on her mothers face ...this 13 yr old boy was so crazy for her daughter that he could complete such a feat.
My parents were to proud of me to punish me ...and was I ever glad to see them. I've never suffered leg cramps like that.
I understand hormones and true love.<quoted text>
I'm 53 and I've never married. I have no children. Oh, I thought about it a couple of times. I guess I just never met another that made me feel that way again.
That's cool :)

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#539318 May 25, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
On the contrary.
Faith could led you to believe you can fly off the side of a cliff and live.
A lack of faith would let you stay in reality, look down, and say "that's a steep drop, I wouldn't survive that, and I know I can't fly."
That's because faith is based on no evidence/against evidence.
Reality is based on reality, you can't go wrong with knowing, but you CAN go wrong with believing.
And also the REVERSE is true more often than not, that knowing has still gotten people killed and into trouble because he faioed to act or not act on what they they DID KNOW, see how that works?........while many a time many others and myself have stepped out on blind Faith and have been delivered when we ourselves saw no possible solutions to the situations that we were in.

Your argument against applying faith fails because it is only directed to whatever the individuals situation is a nd not to everyone else's. FAITH IN God works faithfully for those that believe.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#539319 May 25, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Chris...what part of this addresses only Christians?
I said...
I feel sorry for anyone that feels so much hatred that they would belittle another human being...I don't care what faith you are or even a lack of faith.
Stop being afraid of differences...instead embrace them...learn from them...most of all...don't hate because of them. At the end of the day...you have not gained anything...you have only lost.
I specified...anyone that feels so much hatred
I specified...faith you are or even a lack of faith
Hatred is hatred no matter what side is throwing it out.
My post was addressed to Adam because of his death wish that he has for gays and the fact that for the last few days he has tried to antagonize me in to a response.
IMO...my post to him was warranted.
BTW...I have posted to IANS my disagreement to destroying the church...to Lacez for his opinion that people are bigoted simply for not voting for gay marriage.
Though I might share with them the end result for gay rights...I think that I have also stated that I don't share in their methods of obtaining that.
Think what you want of me Chris...
Ok then. Could be wrong but I think Catcher said Christians were like air pollution. Anyway whoever posted that isn't really showing too much tolerance and while not wishing death is about the same level. I do agree with you though. In the end the hate that it must take to see the world that way and any group of people will be far worse for whoever has such hate. Thankful we all have a choice as to how to live. Ta ta.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#539320 May 25, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
May Golden Thread frame this post -- TLC - Judy5
Just saying hi Granny. Gods love and blessings to you.

“Hippie Witch”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#539321 May 25, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>The mother of the 18 yr old made those statements. How could she posibly know what the other parents are thinking?
A few people involved said that including the 14yr old herself.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#539322 May 25, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning. What a great day. Birds are singing, sun is out. Praying and thankful.
Absolutely Bro, a wonderful day that the Lord has made. TO GOD BE THE GLORY.

“Old School Granny ”

Location hidden

#539323 May 25, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Just saying hi Granny. Gods love and blessings to you.
Hi Chris, just reading back a bit to see whats on the front lines -- and whats on the back burner LOL --
Gods love to you and Janice too -- TLC - Judy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Bongo 122,782
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 7 min old_moose 6,634
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 36 min bad bob 184,861
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 49 min kent 681,599
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 286,430
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... (Jun '16) 2 hr Christ sans politics 101
Guilty of a DUI or DWI? Important IDRC Info (Jan '12) 2 hr Durka 7
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr New Age Spiritual... 982,158
More from around the web