“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#539095 May 24, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense.
Your scriptures are rife with the struggle to Hellenize the early Jesus movement and wrest it from its Hebrew roots.
Your suspension of disbelief does not change that.
Yeah.........."Right ".

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#539096 May 24, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
Were gloves next time?
The Addams Family?

So that's why they didn't let Thing out during a full moon.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#539097 May 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>i had to scroll by hu's post for now because I only get like 30 seconds at a time to try to read and post while working. Can u sum up what the story was about if you get a chance? If not I will read it later
. Plus wanted to say hi
Hi Skom.

I didn't forget about this.

Two girls. One 17 and one 14 were dating in high school. The 17 year old was a cheerleader and the 14 year old was a basketball player. They had "girl sex". When the 17 year old turned 18, the cops came to her house and arrested her. I could look up what they charged her with but one of the charges is a felony and carries a penalty of 15 years in prison (from what I've seen on CNN). I really haven't been following it too much.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#539098 May 24, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Because it's not about just wrong. If it was just about wrong, then I see both of them the same.
But society has deemed same sex marriage illegal on the basis of their sexual relations for thousands of years. That's not so for straight sex.
So for society to make such a drastic change to a tradition that has been in place worldwide for thousands of years, then the main reason given to taboo such a practice, same sex relations, should be thoroughly discussed publicly.
Not saying the reasons should prevent same sex marriage, but the reasons should be discussed at length.
If marriage has always changed to suit the prevalent culture

What would marriage look like if it was truly traditional? It would look like this:

You would be able to marry a child

Interracial couples could not marry

People of different beliefs could not marry

The Church of England would not exist.

Embrace the grey.

#539099 May 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
see if they have some testes. This time check the men's department
Well I asked the greeter on the way in, and it seems that all they have are foreskins.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#539100 May 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Why do you have this desire to blame the Christian community for the woes of the gay community?
What else could be to blame? The public schools? Two And A Half Men? Wal-Mart? Islam?

Seriously - who else could possibly be the source of that kind of hatred? It's exactly analogous to atheophibia. Atheists are also despised. Would you like to ask me the same question about the origins of that meme? It's certainly not due to the Lord of the Rings movies, little league baseball, Dominoes Pizza or the NFL.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I think the you've vastly overestimated 'Christian homophobia'.
I think you're vastly underestimating it.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I think you've done that so you can hate on Christians just a little more.
I think you posted that just to increase the suffering of gays a little more.

Fennario

#539101 May 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
But your thoughts are unfounded. Sure, there is some Christians out there that really don't like gays and do anything they can to make their lives miserable. BUT, you act like its the majority of Christians that do that.
No, I don't. I act like the majority of people that do that in the West are taught directly or indirectly by the Christian church. It doesn't matter what fraction of you that is.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Why? Why can't you be honest and fair about your accusations?
I am.

Why can't you be fair? Why are you trying to whitewash the church's moral crimes? This is a gross injustice, and there can only be one source for it.

Location hidden

#539102 May 24, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
The Addams Family?
I spelled wear wrong. That's unlike me. I have a head cold and it's pissing me off. That's the last time I let my cousin use my keyboard.

http://www.mentalbleach.com/wp-content/upload...

Nottingham, UK

#539103 May 24, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>If I had thoughts of GOD asking me to kill a child, I would assume I was hearing the devil and Pray to GOD for help.
Matthew 19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven....
But what if you ended up convinced that it wasn't the devil, but truly your god, who was telling you to kill a child?

Fennario

#539104 May 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Can you offer like maybe 3 reasons why you say you hate the church?
And is it the Catholic Church? Protestant? What ?
It's Christianity in most of its forms. I like the Quakers.

Three reasons to hate the church? Its atheophobia, homophobia, and antiscientism. They all do tremendous harm.

You could add all of the sexual prudery and guilt it creates. Or the misogyny. Or the antisemitism. Or terrorizing children with hell theology. Or its obstructionist position on family planning.

You seem to be deliberately blind to the problems that church imposes on society. That's one of the problems with faith.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#539105 May 24, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah.........."Right ".
You are correct: I am right.

Location hidden

#539107 May 24, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
The Addams Family?

;-)

Nottingham, UK

#539108 May 24, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus would not waste time on a public billboard.
You're right.

He'd rather hang around on a bit of wood.

Embrace the grey.

#539109 May 24, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
I spelled wear wrong. That's unlike me. I have a head cold and it's pissing me off. That's the last time I let my cousin use my keyboard.
http://www.mentalbleach.com/wp-content/upload...
I've been hocking loogies for two days.

Have you got a Kleenex head cold or a Brawny head cold?

Nottingham, UK

#539110 May 25, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I know GOD would not tell me to kill children.... 100% sure about that!!
What you're doing here is putting limits on what your god will/won't do.

In one breath we hear Christians saying how puny our human minds are compared to their god and that we can never hope to fathom his intent.

In another breath they'll say that they know exactly what their god thinks and they are absolutely certain about this.

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#539111 May 25, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you think her a predator?
She became a predator the exact hour that she turned 18. That's the law. She wasn't a predator 1 second earlier.
That one second was the difference.
Florida's stupid prosecutor just made her a poster child for the gay movement. The ACLU is now involved. Perhaps that was his plan. I don't know. I don't live in Florida.
The point is: Vote for people that will make sane laws and when they don't, call them out on it. This girl is not a predator and EVERYBODY knows it. She will get off with probation and the national news will move on when another plane crashes or a bomb goes off.
"I don't know. I don't live in Florida" should of been the first words out of your mouth.

I don't give a rats ass about America, it's laws, or it's youth so I left the country, should of been second.

Here Ians, a link. Get caught up. Your off the cuff remarks give the impression of lesser intelligence.
http://www.topix.com/city/vero-beach-fl

Nottingham, UK

#539112 May 25, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>If you think I'm a danger to society, then do something about it.
I'm in the South, and we all got guns. Do your next best.
Guns and God, eh?

I heard you lot tried that before and you got your arses kicked.

Didn't thousands of you die because you wanted to maintain the right and tradition to keep slaves?

Location hidden

#539113 May 25, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been hocking loogies for two days.
Have you got a Kleenex head cold or a Brawny head cold?
Am I saying that aliens are in my head mining, but...

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/3...

Fennario

#539114 May 25, 2013
Truths wrote:
Gratitude ??? Toward WHO ?
Nobody. Gratitude needn't be directed at a person.

You weren't aware of that possibility, were you? I can experience gratitude when contemplating nature just like I can experience value and beauty in it without invoking agency to its source.

Do you imagine that your god feels gratitude, or is indifferent about being privileged to be a god? To whom would it be grateful?

There is a world of experience that appears to be invisible to the believer, such as gratitude without an object, or a sense of purpose without a creator, or a sense of life being significant even if it isn't forever, or a moral sense without a god giving us rules and enforcing them with rewards and punishments. All of these seem to elude believers.

Fennario

#539115 May 25, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
No one is preventing me from getting married due to my sexual practices.
If there were, you might resent them.
trifecta1 wrote:
Worldwide societies for thousands of years define marriage as between a man and a woman.
There was no such thing as human rights once, either. Nor antibiotics. Nor automobiles. Man makes progress. Some, anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Tide with Beach 773,390
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 5 min UWarRaceMaKEWORLD... 4,677
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Anthony MN 558,836
bless the jews (Nov '08) 8 min Alive jews freedom 7,047
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 9 min AN NFL FAN 119,633
Moses never existed 10 min Hidingfromyou 716
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 24 min Neelakaran 1,233
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 39 min WasteWater 264,975
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Catcher1 175,509
More from around the web