“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#539116 May 25, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you think her a predator?
She became a predator the exact hour that she turned 18. That's the law. She wasn't a predator 1 second earlier.
That one second was the difference.
Florida's stupid prosecutor just made her a poster child for the gay movement. The ACLU is now involved. Perhaps that was his plan. I don't know. I don't live in Florida.
The point is: Vote for people that will make sane laws and when they don't, call them out on it. This girl is not a predator and EVERYBODY knows it. She will get off with probation and the national news will move on when another plane crashes or a bomb goes off.
Excuse me Ians. I meant Alice.
Try to envision law as a framework. What she is accused of falls within the boundries of that framework. What I think is of little consequence.

I was simply trying to give you some idea. Please don't try to put words in my mouth. Thank you.

And the ACLU ...pffft!

Probation ...I haven't read the Statutes.
Have you?
She probably turned down the best deal she'll get.
Two years house arrest followed by one year of probation ...and they were not going to require she register as a sex offender.

Florida allows one felony to be expunged ...stricken from the record.

The younger of the two claims that they engaged in sexual relations in the home (bedroom) of the older while the younger was a runaway. Predetors prey on runaways.
Was that her intent ...to prey on a runaway?
She will get her chance to show it was not at trial ...

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#539117 May 25, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
"I don't know. I don't live in Florida" should of been the first words out of your mouth.
I'll try that the next time I order a Latte.

"I don't know. I don't live in Florida. Latte please, soy milk."
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't give a rats ass about America, it's laws, or it's youth so I left the country, should of been second.
That would just confuse my Latte order, wouldn't it?
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Here Ians, a link.
I'm not IANS.

Note to self: I've now been accused of being IANS as well as HFY, HL, TWB, Anti-Theist, Jesus G. Christ, Rorschach Mask, Paganbirdkeeper666, GodSmacked and ......

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#539118 May 25, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =qwedqQT15ccXX
;-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

I guess I'd better turn in, know what I mean? Aye, wink wink, say no more!

Goodnight.

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#539119 May 25, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll try that the next time I order a Latte.
"I don't know. I don't live in Florida. Latte please, soy milk."
<quoted text>
That would just confuse my Latte order, wouldn't it?
<quoted text>
I'm not IANS.
Note to self: I've now been accused of being IANS as well as HFY, HL, TWB, Anti-Theist, Jesus G. Christ, Rorschach Mask, Paganbirdkeeper666, GodSmacked and ......
My mistake ...please forgive me.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#539121 May 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Notice [IANS] never said a word in the defense of Lacez or homosexuals until an issue happened he thought he could mileage out of for his hate-parade
Not only is that incorrect, but look at what kind of a person you are. When it suits you, you condemn solidarity, and, now, when it suits you to criticize the opposite, here you go whining about that. You really have no consistent principles, do you?
Skombolis wrote:
If it mattered sooo much to him he would have spoken up well before this
You're a moron, and not the likeable kind either. I have been a consistent enemy of Christian homophobia for all of my years on Topix and before.

Location hidden

#539122 May 25, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>Excuse me Ians. I meant Alice.
Whatever you said after that is lost to me.

I tried to discuss the issue with you. I thought that's why you brought it up.

Otay.

Fennario

#539123 May 25, 2013
Le_Le wrote:
I am happy to see Lacez took the first step in forgiveness..
Although.
Shouldn't it have been you that took that first step- the one filled with Christ's Love- shouldn't you have tried to show
that Love to this young man??
After all- aren't you the one that boasts God talks to you personally. Aren't you "Lawlest the mighty Christian soldier"?
I only hope you see what damage your way of thinking and condemning does to others.. and that your apology is sincere..
You all should take a second and consider this young man is someone's son..Many mother's are pained daily over the way the world
treats their children who are born gay..
You want respect for your mother..right?
-it's a two way street..as it should be.
Skombolis wrote:
anyone who tries to crap on someone's apology and shove it in their face like I just read LeLe doing speaking for itself
These people don't care about the significance of Lacez and Lawest being able to shake heads so-to-speak. That is big. All she cares about is how she can use it for her own gain
Somebody asked me why I despise you so much,and I couldn't answer. When I read this post, it all came back to me.

Le_Le is correct, and should be commended. The Christians have been disgusting to Lacez. Was he the one who held out his hand first? I don't know. I missed that. But that seems to be the consensus.

If so, he alone deserves praise, not Lawest. Lawest was the offender.

And look at how you use that. You call the post above opportunism when it is not. What is opportunism is you using her post int he way you have.

Something wells up in me when I read your posts that makes me want to harshly condemn you. I resent the spirit that moves you. It is ugly.

Fennario

#539124 May 25, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
I have read from others [Christian]...while not voting for [gay marriage]...they would also not vote against it [...] Is it enough just to not vote against it.
No, Annie, I don't think so. It is a stinginess of spirit that would cause somebody to refuse to vote in favor of others having the freedom to live peaceful lives as they choose.
AnnieJ wrote:
..I don't know...it is however a step in the right direction. I am not sure that we can expect any more than that at this point in time.
Yes, it is a step in the right direction. Every step is like walking on Jupiter - like dragging a two ton weight.
AnnieJ wrote:
I have a lot of faith in our youth.
Yes, they are the hope. They are also the least Christian age group. Coincidence?

The church understands this as well, which is why it wants a presence in the schools.
AnnieJ wrote:
Even most of the youth involved in Christianity do not want a message of division.
Why do you suppose that is? Where do you suppose that they are learning those values? In church?
AnnieJ wrote:
there will always be those that hate for whatever reason. I think racism is good example of that...there are still those that have racist thoughts...it even rears its ugly head here on this thread at times.
I don't expect to see Christian homophobia disappear, either. I just want its power drained and its message shamed. You invoked the example of racism. Once, racist views were considered acceptable. Today, the culture is trained to shout that crap down, and racists have to think twice before expressing their vile sentiments. I'd like to see the same in this department.

Fennario

#539125 May 25, 2013
Adam wrote:
@zecaL
Indeed.Your mommy should have flushed you down in the toilet when she gave birth to you. The world would have been a better place without such evil spirits like you. Thatīs a fact
The world will be better off when it has passed through its religious phase, which is merely the time between when man was first capable of wondering where he and his world came from, and when he worked out the answers. We're very close in the more educated parts of the world.

Education is to religion like antibiotics are to infection.

Location hidden

#539126 May 25, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>My mistake ...please forgive me.
Really?

Fennario

#539127 May 25, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
But I'm a Christian. Children are one of the main consequences of marriage.
You certainly are confused, Christian. Children aren't a product of marriage.

"For Women Under 30, Most Births Occur Outside Marriage"
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/18/us/for-wome...
trifecta1 wrote:
So again, I'm for everyone being treated equally under the law. But ...
You're simply not credible when you say something like that. What you are for is the imposition of Christian values on unwilling citizens. If you were for people being treated equally under the law, you would support gay marriage.

Nobody is credible when he writes a sentence of the general form, "I am all for X, but ..." Freedom of speech is a common one - somebody is all for it except that they aren't.

Fennario

#539128 May 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
fantasizing about things being stuck in my colon again
You never got over prison, did you?

Fennario

#539129 May 25, 2013
Serah wrote:
there is no need to discuss sex in here..... especially the low level postings that have been posted recently.
Your Christian friends seem to disagree:

Trifecta wrote: "The sexual practices should be elaborated on, talked about, discussed in detail."

The unbelievers would prefer to discuss marriage, love, tolerance, and equal protection.

I think that you could clear most of this up by eliminating the church. It's hard to imagine any of this conversation occurring without it.

I notice a few of you lamenting the strife. It began when the unbelievers got a voice, and it will end when one faction prevails and silences the other.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#539130 May 25, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
But what if you ended up convinced that it wasn't the devil, but truly your god, who was telling you to kill a child?
There would be no 'what if'~ GOD would not ask me to kill a child.... end of story.

Fennario

#539131 May 25, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
A person want to defend homosexuality, I going to attack it. Someone want to attack Christianity, I defend it.
And if the Christians want to attack the gays, I will fight the Christians.

The strife will not be going away until one of the factions involved - Christians and humanists - prevails and the other is silenced.

I see a combination of shrinking the church and shaming most of its remaining adherents into silence as offering the best hope of resolving this matter.

#539132 May 25, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
What you're doing here is putting limits on what your god will/won't do.
In one breath we hear Christians saying how puny our human minds are compared to their god and that we can never hope to fathom his intent.
In another breath they'll say that they know exactly what their god thinks and they are absolutely certain about this.
Is that what I'm doing? I thought I was answering a stupid question.

Fennario

#539133 May 25, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
The words are timeless.

There's a battle outside
And it is ragin'
It'll soon shake your windows
And rattle your walls
For the times they are a-changin'.
Your timing is perfect. This is not a battle to shy away from.

#539134 May 25, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard you brother is gay but I didnīt know that Annie J has a gay son. My regrets for you both. But I think I have asked Ironically the right ones. You have a perspective of a sister while Annie J has a perspective of a gay mother. If you were christian than you should take it serious how the bible thinks about it.I am not judging you or Annie J I am just criticizing how those ppl try to deal being gay saying that the LORD Elohim not Jesus Christ have blessed them with love and tolernace when the bible plainly says it is wrong what they are doing.
I believe my Brother has suffered his whole life..... and I also believe it is between himself and GOD on how things work out when he gives up his ghost, just the same as it will be for me and or for anyone else. My Brother was gay when they used to have 'poofta bashings' down here, just for the fun of it, and believe me, life was not easy. I don't believe he 'turned gay' although I will say that he was molested as a small boy by an older boy and again by his scout master. I don't think he ever had a relationship of any kind with a female. JESUS did not judge a prostitute ~ and that is also wrong in the Bible.... but then again, JESUS radiated love and tolerance and we are struggling to walk in HIS path, IMHO.

#539135 May 25, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Christian friends seem to disagree:
Trifecta wrote: "The sexual practices should be elaborated on, talked about, discussed in detail."
The unbelievers would prefer to discuss marriage, love, tolerance, and equal protection.
I think that you could clear most of this up by eliminating the church. It's hard to imagine any of this conversation occurring without it.
I notice a few of you lamenting the strife. It began when the unbelievers got a voice, and it will end when one faction prevails and silences the other.
That of course, is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Fennario

#539136 May 25, 2013
Serah wrote:
If I had thoughts of GOD asking me to kill a child, I would assume I was hearing the devil and Pray to GOD for help.
Then you are more evolved that the authors that penned the Abraham and Isaac myth, who praised Abraham for his faithfulness.

The reason that you are better is because you are applying rational ethics to the issue, and rejecting the ethics accepted by others on faith.

From "The Faithfulness of Abraham" at http://thetruth-blog.blogspot.mx/2010/06/fait...

"When Isaac was young, God asked Abraham to offer Isaac as a burnt offering [...] Reluctantly, Abraham took Isaac to the mountain, bound his hands and feet, and before he could strike, God said to Abraham, "Do not lay a hand on the boy." [...] Abraham is a shining example of how we should be faithful."

With your comment, though you have failed this test of faithfulness, you have passed the test of reason and compassion - the foundation of the rational ethics of secular humanism.

Congratulations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 min dollarsbill 1,959
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min June VanDerMark 578,905
Poll My Main Use of Topix (Feb '12) 9 min stemaxgizmo 42
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 25 min River Tam 817,438
Poll If someone is coming home and your completely n... 54 min stemaxgizmo 3
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 57 min Theswamiji reloads 5,918
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr WasteWater 5,686
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Freebird USA 176,201
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr The Evenstar 39,951
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 270,030
More from around the web