Why Should Jesus Love Me?

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#539086 May 24, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
The answers to these questions is the point :)
The point of what? That was my question.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#539087 May 24, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea what a Christian is except the idea that you have in your head.
Tell me what a Christian is to you.
Why would you care what I think of Christians when you have no idea what one is?
I not telling you anything. my faith in Jesus Christ matters only to me. Whether you think I'm a Christian or not, don't have anything to do with me.

Whatever you believe you believe. Whatever I believe I believe. I can't believe for you, and you can't believe for me. So what you think about what I believe is pointless.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#539088 May 24, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> An erroneous assumption from a blinded mind. No surprise here.
Nonsense.

Your scriptures are rife with the struggle to Hellenize the early Jesus movement and wrest it from its Hebrew roots.

Your suspension of disbelief does not change that.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#539089 May 24, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Your honesty in that post is much appreciated. Could you describe what it is exactly that 'fascinates' you about the "husband/wife" bickering that you & Skom do? Do you think it's at all productive?
It needn't be productive to be worthwhile. It need only feel right. I suppose it reminds me most of the good feeling I used to get fighting disease. The Dimwit is like an abscess or hemorrhoid capable of gagging a maggot and needing repeated lancing and draining over a period of months.

Does that help?

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#539090 May 24, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Laws were written for protection of those that can't protect themselves, the innocent ...like juveniles. What's stupid is that the older girl didn't realize, or no one explained to her that when she turned eighteen and joined the age of the majority scrutiny held a whole new meaning. When they were both juveniles ...they were both juveniles.
Laws are written for the masses. Laws are not written for individuals.
It's too bad the older female found herself miss-informed, ill-informed, un-informed but ignorance is no excuse before the law. She was a very bright student ...yet no one thought it important enough to educate her prior to her eighteenth birthday.
One must wonder, given her education, if she knew yet chose to ignore the law ...chose to continue regardless of turning eighteen.
I read that she turned down the State's offer opting instead to go to trial. The State will not back down. The State will use this case as an example to show that they mean business in the protection of Florida's youth ...in the protection of those yet to reach the age of the majority.
The State speaks for those without a voice. Far too many juveniles and young people meet their demise every year to predators. This is very serious.
I fear her continued defiance will have much more severe implications than she realizes.
So, you think her a predator?

She became a predator the exact hour that she turned 18. That's the law. She wasn't a predator 1 second earlier.

That one second was the difference.

Florida's stupid prosecutor just made her a poster child for the gay movement. The ACLU is now involved. Perhaps that was his plan. I don't know. I don't live in Florida.

The point is: Vote for people that will make sane laws and when they don't, call them out on it. This girl is not a predator and EVERYBODY knows it. She will get off with probation and the national news will move on when another plane crashes or a bomb goes off.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#539091 May 24, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
People can only talk about things in the pretty way they are presented by those who are in favour of those things. But those who are not in favour of those things can not talk about what is ugly about those things. How nice. Control the terms of the discussion and you control the discussion.
I don't care what any of you call me. It is disgusting, the thought of it makes me sick.
I hate cabage. And no matter what anyone says I will not vote to have it for supper. And if you don't like it, tough.
I don't know who you are referring to BMTB so I will only speak for myself.

First...I have not asked you or anyone to vote for anything that goes against your beliefs. I have called no one names for the choices they have made in a voting booth.

If you want to write about sex...then go ahead...no one can stop you. If you want to describe them in detail...that is your right.

For me however...there is a line. Innuendos and flirting is one things...I just don't need the graphic details of anyones sex life...be it gay...straight...or in between.

Since: Jan 11

United States

#539092 May 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
They didn't kill their child, that's an overt act. Although had they gotten him help it probably would have made the difference. Still your phrasing is inflammatory and dishonest. And you can read the minds of jurors? Dang catcher could use you. And the more plausible explanation is jury nullification and they saw no justice to be served by sending two parents with broken hearts to prison. If stupidity was a crime you would be doing life. But hey as long as you can exploit a child's death for some propaganda points right?
Did you even read the article?

"Russel and Brandi Bellew, age 39 and 36, of Creswell, Oregon, pleaded guilty to criminally negligent homicide on Tuesday and were sentenced to five years probation after reaching a plea deal with prosecutors."

Before you get too invested in this, please reconsider. I have everything to gain from arguing with you based on what you just said, but I'd rather not push you into it. A child died because of the faith of his parents. My agenda, if anything, is to contribute to the social forces that will hopefully reduce needless harm to human beings.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#539093 May 24, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>I not telling you anything. my faith in Jesus Christ matters only to me. Whether you think I'm a Christian or not, don't have anything to do with me.
Whatever you believe you believe. Whatever I believe I believe. I can't believe for you, and you can't believe for me. So what you think about what I believe is pointless.
I believe what you believe is pointless.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#539094 May 24, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
You're mostly right. There is no link as posting a link would expose my friends FB page, which [again] is where I got the story.
As you say, I am not the mother ... of either female.
And yes, I am interested to know what folks here on WSJLM think.
Honestly, not knowing the individuals or the actual circumstances involved-having only one side of the story, I don't believe I am qualified to make any judgement.
I suspect that it boils down to the "statutory rape" law of the state, and whether it has legal application in this case. That is most likely the extent of the judges determination regarding the law.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#539095 May 24, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense.
Your scriptures are rife with the struggle to Hellenize the early Jesus movement and wrest it from its Hebrew roots.
Your suspension of disbelief does not change that.
Yeah.........."Right ".

United States

#539096 May 24, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
Were gloves next time?
The Addams Family?

So that's why they didn't let Thing out during a full moon.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#539097 May 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>i had to scroll by hu's post for now because I only get like 30 seconds at a time to try to read and post while working. Can u sum up what the story was about if you get a chance? If not I will read it later
. Plus wanted to say hi
Hi Skom.

I didn't forget about this.

Two girls. One 17 and one 14 were dating in high school. The 17 year old was a cheerleader and the 14 year old was a basketball player. They had "girl sex". When the 17 year old turned 18, the cops came to her house and arrested her. I could look up what they charged her with but one of the charges is a felony and carries a penalty of 15 years in prison (from what I've seen on CNN). I really haven't been following it too much.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#539098 May 24, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Because it's not about just wrong. If it was just about wrong, then I see both of them the same.
But society has deemed same sex marriage illegal on the basis of their sexual relations for thousands of years. That's not so for straight sex.
So for society to make such a drastic change to a tradition that has been in place worldwide for thousands of years, then the main reason given to taboo such a practice, same sex relations, should be thoroughly discussed publicly.
Not saying the reasons should prevent same sex marriage, but the reasons should be discussed at length.
If marriage has always changed to suit the prevalent culture

What would marriage look like if it was truly traditional? It would look like this:

You would be able to marry a child

Interracial couples could not marry

People of different beliefs could not marry

The Church of England would not exist.

United States

#539099 May 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
see if they have some testes. This time check the men's department
Well I asked the greeter on the way in, and it seems that all they have are foreskins.

Fennario

#539100 May 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Why do you have this desire to blame the Christian community for the woes of the gay community?
What else could be to blame? The public schools? Two And A Half Men? Wal-Mart? Islam?

Seriously - who else could possibly be the source of that kind of hatred? It's exactly analogous to atheophibia. Atheists are also despised. Would you like to ask me the same question about the origins of that meme? It's certainly not due to the Lord of the Rings movies, little league baseball, Dominoes Pizza or the NFL.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I think the you've vastly overestimated 'Christian homophobia'.
I think you're vastly underestimating it.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I think you've done that so you can hate on Christians just a little more.
I think you posted that just to increase the suffering of gays a little more.

Fennario

#539101 May 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
But your thoughts are unfounded. Sure, there is some Christians out there that really don't like gays and do anything they can to make their lives miserable. BUT, you act like its the majority of Christians that do that.
No, I don't. I act like the majority of people that do that in the West are taught directly or indirectly by the Christian church. It doesn't matter what fraction of you that is.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Why? Why can't you be honest and fair about your accusations?
I am.

Why can't you be fair? Why are you trying to whitewash the church's moral crimes? This is a gross injustice, and there can only be one source for it.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#539102 May 24, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
The Addams Family?
So that's why they didn't let Thing out during a full moon.
I spelled wear wrong. That's unlike me. I have a head cold and it's pissing me off. That's the last time I let my cousin use my keyboard.

http://www.mentalbleach.com/wp-content/upload...

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#539103 May 24, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>If I had thoughts of GOD asking me to kill a child, I would assume I was hearing the devil and Pray to GOD for help.
Matthew 19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven....
But what if you ended up convinced that it wasn't the devil, but truly your god, who was telling you to kill a child?

Fennario

#539104 May 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Can you offer like maybe 3 reasons why you say you hate the church?
And is it the Catholic Church? Protestant? What ?
It's Christianity in most of its forms. I like the Quakers.

Three reasons to hate the church? Its atheophobia, homophobia, and antiscientism. They all do tremendous harm.

You could add all of the sexual prudery and guilt it creates. Or the misogyny. Or the antisemitism. Or terrorizing children with hell theology. Or its obstructionist position on family planning.

You seem to be deliberately blind to the problems that church imposes on society. That's one of the problems with faith.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#539105 May 24, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah.........."Right ".
You are correct: I am right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Toby 951,659
Play "end of the word" part 2 44 min WasteWater 725
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 51 min Lbj 14,756
Drink2Connect - 9835 0388 Cass Koh Buy Yamazak... 1 hr Drink2Connect 1
Drink2Connect: 9835 0388. Buy Dom Perignon 2006... 1 hr Drink2Connect 1
Massage by a male therapist (Oct '13) 1 hr Drink2Connect 4
what do americans think of mexicans? (Sep '08) 1 hr Johnny 474
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr June VanDerMark 627,863
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Frank Merton 180,088
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 278,516
More from around the web