Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#538880 May 24, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
It's no big deal.
He just took three days out from his eternal life.
What's all the fuss about?
yes he was resurrected but consider the manner of death. It was about as prolonged and painful as a death can be. How many people do you know would voluntarily go thru such torture for total strangers? That is how much he loved that he would allow himself to be sacrificed in such a manner. You don't believe in the Bible I know but just making the point for those that do, it was a heck of a selfless act and one believers honor.(T) Peace

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#538881 May 24, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>oy!
Let me make sure I understand.
You saying the difference between you and him, is that if you were him, and you knew what you were, you would pull the trigger??
I want to really make sure I understand you writing.
I don't know how I could live with myself.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#538882 May 24, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
~*~*~*~*~*
Good it is, to receive peace from the world.
Better it is, to give peace to the world.
Best, by far the best, it is to become the peace of the world.
- Sri Chinmoy
Excuse me as I turn off the light.....
~*~*~*~*~*
Good one---

but I feel the BEST of all would be "HAVE Peace , IN the World" lol.

Location hidden

#538883 May 24, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
More twisting on your part:
Where did IANS ever say I came here "searching for love and peace"?
i didn't say Ian's said it and the context could not have been more obvious that it was said sarcastically as you have done the opposite. A lot goes over your head huh?

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#538884 May 24, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> ((((( Deb ))))).....how are you doing today?
Good here~ How 'bout you (c:

(((((Lawest)))))
Grace Walker

Wilmington, NC

#538886 May 24, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugh!
My heart is so heavy reading this post..
Sitting here in shock.
hu- Lacez is a human being- a fellow human being who was born with the same rights that you and I were born with.
We are all together here on this great big ball and should all
move over to make room for one another- allowing each other to live in peace and
without prejudice from one another.
Putting thoughts out into the universe concerning suicide makes me sick!
Sadly- you musn't realize many many many gay human beings do pull that trigger.
I feel sorry for Lacez because he has put himself in the "firing line" here-- and my friend- I feel very sorry for you right now.
Hi Le_le,
You have a good heart and one that many Faith claiming Christians will never enjoy because they are too prideful to put others before themselves. In my heart, I believe that Jesus would take a stand against them also if He were here and seen how His so-called followers treated someone who He died for. Well of course God see's this anyway. When it comes to homosexuals, Have you noticed that it is usually men that throw up the "sexual act"?? They don't give a second thought that God LOVES Lacez just as much as He loves THEM. Lacez is a creation of God that sins with his flesh JUST like EVERYONE of us do. Maybe in different ways but as I was reading the Bible today, I read Jesus saying that He came for the LOST,NOT the self righteous, so if they cant love homosexuals here on earth, they wont have the opportunity to love them in heaven either. Do I Believe there will be gay people in heaven???? ABSOLUTLEY YES. Jesus said" WHOSOEVER believeth in Him will have Eternal Life. Yes, I believe that a person has to repent of their sin...( Notice there is no S on the end of sin?) The only sin that will keep people from eternal life is UNBELIEF And that is the SIN that is to be repented for...Jesus died for the rest of them. Most Christians don't want to believe that we are Justified by faith and its exactly those who need to repent of their dis-belief. Keep your heart full of compassion for others LeLe. It shows more of Jesus than a whole church of self righteous hypocrites who spends more time on topix than they do reading the Bible and it truly shows. God Bless You.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#538887 May 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You got it, uh..........man.
I found the article about it. This was interesting....
"Indian River County Sheriff Deryl Loar said that age difference, not sexual orientation, determined prosecution of the high school senior.
"If this was an 18-year-old male and that was a 14-year-old girl, it would have been prosecuted the same way," Loar said".
The AGE is THE factor for sure-

Location hidden

#538888 May 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure are weird.
lol too perfect. You respond to my post showing you can't stand on merit so your tactic is to use distractions by doing what? Trying to use another distraction! I don't blame you though for not addressing the content as its not like you could deny it.
Clearwater

Clearwater, FL

#538889 May 24, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
You posted this but didn't give your opinion...I would be interested in what that is.
There are two issues at hand...two females...someone turning 18 having a relationship with someone 3 years younger.
If it was a male he would already be crucified. Reminds me of the teacher on this side of the state back in 2004, Debra LaFave. I remember a lawyer saying she was "too pretty" to go to jail. She did for a while in the end. I just see it as a more of a sign that the Lord Jesus is to return soon. The world is sick and most in the world make excuses for it.

Location hidden

#538890 May 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure are weird.
btw just out of curiosity is that the same tactic you use in court?The prosecutor presents a compelling argument and you just respond "you're weird"? That may explain why you have so much free time!
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#538892 May 24, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with your thoughts on suicide. However I do not feel sorry for Lacez. People are harrased for many reasons and with equal hatred. Lacez, has shown himself to be quite capable of verbaly defending himself against any on this thread. And if he lives the life he says he lives, the words on a few posts here, though over the line they might be, the discussions here have been tame compared to what I am sure he has dealt with. And that he didn't return comments on the same level served to him, in my oppinion show great restraint and inner strength. He is not a little boy. He is a grown man. Though your thoughts and concerns are probably apreciated. I think many on this thread underestimate Lacez. He is gay. Not a baby. He didn't lose his cool. He maintained his composer. Those with a different view then he did. One might even say they feel sorry for Lawlest. With the feelings of disdain for someone that chooses that lifestyle that he has shown, it was someone from that lifestyle he disdains that one upped him in the Topix game. Isn't that the way it is played? Who ever causes the other to loose it wins. And then all of the wanna be's jump in on the side of the winner. I don't care for the game myself. But, anyone that reads any of these threads soon realize that is the way it is played. With the exception of a few that truely enjoy the conversation. Look at this thread. It is not about christians having fellowship on the internet. It is about bashing any that claim to be christian and argueing and insulting anyone and everyone. Day after day after day after day. No, I don't feel sorry for Lacez or will I jump on the band wagon. The names he was called are nothing compared to the names that are called to everyone on this thread all the time. And no one feels sorry for them. Why does Lacez get special treatment?
This is true.

Lacez does a lot of FIRING, it looks like, and having a lot of fun doing it.
Grace Walker

Wilmington, NC

#538893 May 24, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi HU..Its good to share with you again. A gay person lives with their sins the same way that you and I live with our sins. Do you feel that our sins are better than the sin of homosexuality? Didn't Jesus come for such as them? In truth, homosexuality is only one of many sins that humans commit. It does not matter whether our particular “problem area” is homosexuality, or adultery, or fornication, or hatred, or theft, or murder, or greed, or drunkenness, or fits of rage, or lying, or deceit, or witchcraft, or idolatry. Yes, even a little white lie such as calling in sick to work when we really want to go fishing or even gossiping about someone. Working under the table and not filing it with the IRS is lying also. We all fit in there somewhere my friend. Thank God for Jesus, who knew we would continue sinning even if we don't realize that maybe we are. I just believe that Christians should spend as much energy telling people how much Jesus Loves them as they do condemning people than this forum would be a lot different and there wouldn't be as much hate coming from one another. I just wanted to talk to you and hopefully help you to see that we should be showing them WHO Jesus is by our actions, which would be to love those who He loves. Have a great night and Happy memorial day.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#538894 May 24, 2013
Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
If it was a male he would already be crucified. Reminds me of the teacher on this side of the state back in 2004, Debra LaFave. I remember a lawyer saying she was "too pretty" to go to jail. She did for a while in the end. I just see it as a more of a sign that the Lord Jesus is to return soon. The world is sick and most in the world make excuses for it.
Right, because nobody 2000 years ago would ever think about having sex with an underage girl. Oops, I forgot about Mary.

Oh, look. A spider ate a fly. THE END IS NEAR !!!

Location hidden

#538895 May 24, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
Skombolis wrote:
IANs ... is making up his own facts and then commenting on them as if they happened
Skombolis wrote:
Many Christians in here have openly stated they would vote to approve gay marriage
<quoted text>
In fairness...
I don't recall any posting that they would vote for gay marriage...except for maybe Steve, LeLve and possibly one or two others.
I have read from others...while not voting for it...they would also not vote against it.
I could be wrong...I often am...
Is it enough just to not vote against it...I don't know...it is however a step in the right direction. I am not sure that we can expect any more than that at this point in time. Hopefully one day it won't be a "voting" issue.
I have a lot of faith in our youth...for the most part...they want change...most want to live in peace without the hatred. Even most of the youth involved in Christianity do not want a message of division.
IANS...homophobia did not occur over night nor will we be rid of overnight...it will never go away...there will always be those that hate for whatever reason. I think racism is good example of that...there are still those that have racist thoughts...it even rears its ugly head here on this thread at times.
I have been doing some reading this morning on where homophobia (or any phobia) originates. Why are some people much more prone to be phobic than others. Some will say it originates from one's faith...others through their environment. I think however there is something else at play...
My sister and I raised in the same home...same parents...same faith...are about as far apart on the subject as two siblings can be. We have always been even during our childhoods.
Anyway...didn't mean to get off subject...after the last few days in here...my thoughts have gone to why we are so far apart on this subject. Even among those of the same faith their acceptance is from one end of the spectrum to the other.
well he would not know what people said or where they stood regardless since it was before he started posting in here and that was my point. He came in here assuming he knew how every poster felt simply because they are Christian. And then attacked people based on those assumptions. I know he told me I was a bigoted towards gays and hate them based on a post I made that wasn't even remotely about homosexuality. Just seems to me that he of all people should know better than to stereotype but I think he does cause he is looking for a fight. I am certainly not defending everything that has been said to him but it is a conflict he wanted hoping others would look bad. He hasn't come out ofit looking too good himself. Jmo

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#538896 May 24, 2013
Wrest

As a verb wrest is to twist deflect misapply pervert.The prohibition Thou shalt not wrest judgment(Deuteronomy 16:19 kiv) is no rendered as you shall not pervert justice(nkjv,rsv)You shall not distort justice(nasb)You must never twist justice(nlt)other references are Exodus 23:2,6.
Everyday they wrest my words(Psalms 56:5 kjv)is now translated by the nasb,all day long they distort my words.Other contemporary version use twist(ncv,niv,nkjv)and twisting(nlt)but the nrsv and rsv adopt a differing rendering:all day long they seek to injure my cause.
Writting concerning Paul's letters,Peter said There are some things in them hard to understand which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction as they do the other scriptures.(2 Peter3:16 nrsv,rsv).

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#538897 May 24, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi HU..Its good to share with you again. A gay person lives with their sins the same way that you and I live with our sins. Do you feel that our sins are better than the sin of homosexuality? Didn't Jesus come for such as them? In truth, homosexuality is only one of many sins that humans commit. It does not matter whether our particular “problem area” is homosexuality, or adultery, or fornication, or hatred, or theft, or murder, or greed, or drunkenness, or fits of rage, or lying, or deceit, or witchcraft, or idolatry. Yes, even a little white lie such as calling in sick to work when we really want to go fishing or even gossiping about someone. Working under the table and not filing it with the IRS is lying also. We all fit in there somewhere my friend. Thank God for Jesus, who knew we would continue sinning even if we don't realize that maybe we are. I just believe that Christians should spend as much energy telling people how much Jesus Loves them as they do condemning people than this forum would be a lot different and there wouldn't be as much hate coming from one another. I just wanted to talk to you and hopefully help you to see that we should be showing them WHO Jesus is by our actions, which would be to love those who He loves. Have a great night and Happy memorial day.
Well said

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#538898 May 24, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Wrest
As a verb wrest is to twist deflect misapply pervert.The prohibition Thou shalt not wrest judgment(Deuteronomy 16:19 kiv) is no rendered as you shall not pervert justice(nkjv,rsv)You shall not distort justice(nasb)You must never twist justice(nlt)other references are Exodus 23:2,6.
Everyday they wrest my words(Psalms 56:5 kjv)is now translated by the nasb,all day long they distort my words.Other contemporary version use twist(ncv,niv,nkjv)and twisting(nlt)but the nrsv and rsv adopt a differing rendering:all day long they seek to injure my cause.
Writting concerning Paul's letters,Peter said There are some things in them hard to understand which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction as they do the other scriptures.(2 Peter3:16 nrsv,rsv).
Hello lil whispers :) good work :) and great scripture choice :)

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#538899 May 24, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead, you pretend to be Kaitlyn Hunt's mom.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#538900 May 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>lol too perfect. You respond to my post showing you can't stand on merit so your tactic is to use distractions by doing what? Trying to use another distraction! I don't blame you though for not addressing the content as its not like you could deny it.
It's getting to the point, at least for me, that it's not possible to address the substance of your posts.

You have too much paranoia and you spend too much time dwelling on what you perceive as conspiratorial motives of your "opponents".

(Guys and gals, meeting at the usual place at 7 tomorrow. Be there or be square.)

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#538901 May 24, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello p-warrior
Sounds like a place of rest is, "Death"?
Ja... for some it might be a place of rest from suffering Mike, but I'm alive and found it in YouTube, liked it, so posted it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Free CLASSIFIEDS | POST UNLIMITED FREE CLASSIFI... (Mar '16) 14 min gina5l 3
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 19 min swampmudd 2,733
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 28 min Bongo 119,228
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Paul Scott 6,274
is god black or white? and why? (Oct '08) 3 hr Paul Scott 457
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr kent 679,242
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 4 hr xavier 4,112
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 hr VIKING EATS YOUR ... 982,143
More from around the web