Location hidden

#538574 May 24, 2013
Good morning everyone.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#538575 May 24, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>If anything is twisted it's your logic.

You honestly believe that a god who allows millions of children to die every year is worthy of our respect?
But he takes such good care of lawest.

Of course we should respect him for that.

Lawest is special.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#538576 May 24, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, Thank you for this day. Sometimes my world just seems dark; problems abound, stress creeps in, I can't seem to see "the light at the end of the tunnel." But I know you are there to carry me through. Your Word tells me (Psalm 30:5) that "weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning," so I have hope and your promise of joy. Please continue to lift me up, give me strength, and carry me when necessary, so that I may emerge victorious over the darkness and continually be filled with joy and praise. Thank You in Jesus' name, amen.
Prime time with God
Amen.
mike

AOL

#538577 May 24, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Wooooooooooo be careful there cause:
Onanism;
The term Onanism refers to two sexual practices:
Coritus interruptus and masturbation.The word derives from Onan who spilled(his semen)on the ground.(Genesis 38:9),althrough it seems that the biblical passage describes coitus interruptus rather than masturbation.When Onan's elder brother Er died judah commanded Onan to take his brother's wife,Tamar,since the levirate law stipulated that if a married man died without child his brother should take his wife.Onan however was not willing to follow this practice and did not fully consummate the union and so the Lord put him to death.
Hello lil whispers

"the lord put him to death"?

The core of the story is, judah wanted his son's wife for himself. I wouldn't put it pass judah killing his son, or having someone else kill his son.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#538578 May 24, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
I do not object to hatred qua hatred. Some hatred is healthy and productive. It shouldn't be expressed as rage, which is a red hot reaction. I prefer its cooler form, which is contempt.
Incidentally, I don't agree with Hitchens' implication that ridicule, hatred and contempt, are three mutually exclusive categories of rejection. Ridicule is a form of contempt, and contempt is a form of hatred.
'hatred qua hatred'? What is that?

You may have missed a previous post with Tide, but I agreed with him that some things are worthy of hating, like his example of the human sex slave market, or something like that.
Pleasant? If that is the goal, then I agree with you that Hitchens failed to be pleasant.
Ok, not 'pleasant','agreeable'.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#538579 May 24, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU...are one crazy dude
LOL
Well then, there's that.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#538580 May 24, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to read...“CU all later..“… but you are right... a pw doesn't mean war warrior... and have been this all my life. What I have witnessed in here between posters is a new experience for me... but I don't up and run when the going gets tough, even tho I might hold back to give all a chance to help themselves, as to judge is not my place, nor to gang up. As a physician who must perform an operation places all personal feelings - emotions - aside, for it to be a success, this is where the earth has helped me with much. To inject more Love is healing, and allow God to do the rest at his will... I stand witness to my calling, and the fact of his Love in overcoming.
Good morning >>>>>Irrira< <<<< my time of the day here, hope all is well with you, I saw a post of yours directed to me yesterday but didn't get around to carefully reading it or responding, so just to let you know that I am not ignoring you at all, hope you have a Blessed and restful night ( there where you are ) and God's unsurpassed peace.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#538581 May 24, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
But he takes such good care of lawest.
Of course we should respect him for that.
Lawest is special.
Why thank you Aero.(C:

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#538582 May 24, 2013
<quoted text>
No doubt, and I apologize to the thread for it.
The situation is clear: I have chosen not to sit for the Dimwit's insolence, and he knows that. Yet, rather than standing down, he has redoubled his effort, so clearly, he like it.
I cannot tell you why I don't just ignore him, but clearly I am fascinated by the interaction, and have chosen to respond in kind for months now. I rarely get tired of it myself, although I did this week for about 36 hours. I was almost ready to announce a temporary ceasefire. Some may have noticed my temporary softening toward him, although it was brief, and only consisted of ceasing my use of the words "Dimwit," "moron" and "idiot".
But like a miracle from God, my contempt for him and desire to stand on his wretched neck was revitalized by his subsequent posting.
Those not interested should probably skip any post from either of us to the other. I will try to keep my part in this as fresh and funny as I can for the benefit of anybody that chooses to read along.
And I'd like to thank you again for your cool head and recent decision to not be personally offended by criticisms of your religion. It has removed the personal element from our disagreements, which added nothing but a distraction from topics of mutual interest. A few of you have chosen this path. I am thinking of Grace at the moment.
It requires an understanding that unbelievers are as offended by the ideas of believers as vice versa, even if the believer thinks his ideas are holy and should be embraced. Once that is understood, we all have the choice to simply dislike the comments we dislike, or to attack their source as well. Those that choose the second path can expect a flame war from any poster that isn't willing to sit for the abuse.
Your honesty in that post is much appreciated.

Could you describe what it is exactly that 'fascinates' you about the "husband/wife" bickering that you & Skom do?

Do you think it's at all productive?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#538583 May 24, 2013
Adam wrote:
My proofs are based on what we call holy books of Bible and the Quran.
Then your hatred is based on nothing but the choice to believe - faith.

Books prove anything other than that those books exist, and that they contain certain words, which in the case of the Christian bible at least, includes contradictory statements. That means that it cannot be correct, which is a disproof.

Fennario

#538584 May 24, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Skom's logic is that he has the right to voice his opinions, but no one else has the right to voice their own.
The reason I am so "gentle" with them is that their insults and hateful speech only shows how uncivil they are compared to me.
I say that they can't know if another person knows love or not; they turn around and throw nasty words at me having to do with excrement and other bodily functions.
Which is more civil?
Which is more moral?
As I said, I think that your exchanges are having a net beneficial effect, in large part because you are a lone sympathetic figure being savaged by a pack. Nobody likes that.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#538585 May 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, the words are now no longer apt. As Lacez wrote them, they presume that the gay community is not hurting the Christian community, which is correct.
The words you wrote them suggest that the Christians are NOT affecting gays, and that gays have no reason to react, which is clearly untrue. American gays CANNOT avoid Christian homophobia by ignoring it, which makes it their business.
Like everybody else, gay people want a live and let live attitude from their society. They want to be treated with dignity, and to be afforded equal opportunity under the law.
The church has no intention of giving them that. It spends huge amounts of money to thwart that, and it trains millions of people to consider gay people defective.
And so, those that object must fight the church. The situation is far from symmetric, which is why your word substitution exercise changed Lacez's reasonable position into an unreasonable one.
Look at your own comments on the topic, which have been increasingly tolerant and understanding lately. I commend you for that. And I believe that it is because you have been willing to hear the hear the cries of the oppressed, apply reason and compassion to your former position, and modify it.
But there is a little residual from your Christian training remaining, and it potentially could have a small but adverse effect on the gay community. You recently commented that you would not vote for a provision that interfered with a gay couple's right to marry. I think you told is that you voted for California proposition 8. If so, then that was a good change you made in the direction of justice.
But you refused to go so far as to say that you would actively vote in favor of a provision that was beneficial to gays. You thought that saying that you would neither work for nor against issues of interest to gay couples was fair enough.
It's not, really. It's better, but it's not quite good enough. Fair would be to support the right to marry. Refusing to do so can only be understood as a vestige of Christian homophobia. I think you'll eventually agree with what I just wrote and transcend that as well.
Why do you have this desire to blame the Christian community for the woes of the gay community?

I think the you've vastly overestimated 'Christian homophobia'. I think you've do e that so you can hate on Christians just a little more.

But your thoughts are unfounded. Sure, there is some Christians out there that really don't like gays and do anything they can to make their lives miserable. BUT, you act like its the majority of Christians that do that. Why? Why can't you be honest and fair about your accusations?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#538586 May 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Not really. You see in me in only one facet of my life, the only one in which discussing the church is relevant, and the only one in which I am free to express myself openly. These matters don't enter my thoughts most of the 22 or so hours of my day when I am not on Topix.
And once again, I do not hate Christians. You're a Christian, and I do not hate you. I hate the church, and I will engage those that defend it with criticism.
Calling that hate won't slow me down a whit. If that is hate, then hate can be an agent of change for the good.
Can you offer like maybe 3 reasons why you say you hate the church?

And is it the Catholic Church? Protestant? What ?
mike

AOL

#538587 May 24, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> A man took his pet parrot to church with him one sunday morning and tried to teach him a few words, he held the parrots cage up and told the parrot to say 'church', and the parrot said 'church', very good he said and got the bird to say church a few more times before leaving.
He then took the parrot to the local bar down the street after church was over with, with people drinking and having a good time, and he told the bird to say BAR, but the bird said CHURCH, he said no say BAR, but the parrot repeated CHURCH, and the man asked the bird........why do you keep saying CHURCH, we just left the church, and the bird said SAME CROWD SAME CROWD.
Hello LAWEST100

Even you know "christianity" is worth laughing at!

Good boy!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#538588 May 24, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there a Jesus living on Earth at this moment?
No, therefore he does not exist.
If there ever was a Jesus (of Nazareth), he never preformed any of the actions described in the bible.
There is no evidence for the Jesus that Adam is speaking of.
An I just supposed to take your word on it?

What evidence do you have to support your claim that Jesus doesn't exist and the new one, "he never preformed any of the actions described in the bible"?

How could you possibly know that?

Go.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#538589 May 24, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Lawlest said "we need to hold on just a little longer"..
He didn't post any scripture in saying that..
I find words like that as wreckless as Harold Camping.
Only to someone without any discernment like yourself, the term I used about'holding on a little longer' is just an expression of continuing on IN the Lord Jesus until his arrival to rapture us away from this present world, and not falling by the way side, as the Bible says, men are to always pray and not faith, I know that this is talking above your head and the level of your understanding, butif you were truly what you profess to be then no should have had to explain these things to you.

You also display further ignorance in comparing the statement to Harold Camping in as much as he is someone who tried to assign a specific date and hour to the returning of the Lord, while my statement simple eluded to the Bible prophesy that we who believe will soon be home with the Lord, for which all believers should be looking forward to being a part of with great joy.

Blessings, because you need it.
mike

AOL

#538590 May 24, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
If you actually took the time to read and understand the scripture your talking about you'd realize that it's not talking about the end at all. It's talking about the rapture of the Body of Christ. Which is something that Christians (including you since you claim to be a Christian) should be looking forward to with joy. But than again you claiming to be a Christian is nothing but a farce since you disregard so much of what God's Word proclaims. Like your belief that "all will be saved", which is completely unBiblical.
Go figure, you claim to be a Christian yet you disregard and contradict so much of God's Word.
Imagine that you poser!!!
_______
Oh and by the way. Don't send me any more t-mails. If you have anything to say to me say it in here. I'll save you the embarrassment of posting what you t-mailed.
"Poser",..funny!

Who is a poser,..you poser?

You claim to be a christian, how does one really know?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#538591 May 24, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello LAWEST100
Even you know "christianity" is worth laughing at!
Good boy!
Good morning Mikle, the joke was not aimed at christianity or true people of God, but at the hypocrites and pretenders that fills so many false churches, you wouldn't find TRUE saints at a bar or club drinking. Peace.(C:

Fennario

#538592 May 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I don't know how else to explain it to you because it doesn't get any more basic. You were both arguing and getting nasty with each other. Therefore you were both at fault IMO for the conversation getting nasty and neither person was more at fault then the other
If it doesn't take this time I have no other way to explain it
You're wrong. The one who was nasty first responsible and to blame.

Even something this simple eludes you and your defective sense of right and wrong. If they were shooting bullets, it would be more obvious how wrong your comment is. Returning fire does not make make the target the moral equivalent of the initial shooter.

You can stick your two-to-tango ethics back into your colon for future reference.
mike

AOL

#538593 May 24, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Encouraging Words....
Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
Psalm 37:3
K-Love
Hello Epi

Do you believe what you post?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min truth 596,517
maa ko kaise choda jay (Mar '14) 17 min Vijji 16
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min Justise League 855,435
Poll Why are asians so dumb? (Jan '13) 49 min asian 490
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 2 hr MUQ2 663
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr MUQ2 40,715
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 3 hr Raje 282
The Christian Atheist debate 3 hr USaWarringIdiotSo... 1,035
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr An NFL Fan 177,211
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 13 hr I Am No One_ 444,356
More from around the web