Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#538512 May 23, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Jokes would definitely be an improvement....
A drunk staggers into a Catholic Church, enters a confessional booth, sits down, but says nothing. The Priest coughs a few times to get his attention, but the drunk continues to sit there. Finally, the Priest pounds three times on the wall. The drunk mumbles, "Ain't no use knockin'! There's no paper on this side either!"
A man took his pet parrot to church with him one sunday morning and tried to teach him a few words, he held the parrots cage up and told the parrot to say 'church', and the parrot said 'church', very good he said and got the bird to say church a few more times before leaving.

He then took the parrot to the local bar down the street after church was over with, with people drinking and having a good time, and he told the bird to say BAR, but the bird said CHURCH, he said no say BAR, but the parrot repeated CHURCH, and the man asked the bird........why do you keep saying CHURCH, we just left the church, and the bird said SAME CROWD SAME CROWD.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#538513 May 23, 2013
Ashelah wrote:
Anyone seen BT? Hi I LOVE ALL of you! <3 <3 <3
Nice to see some loving words in here for a change ~ and the hearts too <3

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#538514 May 23, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> And you are a pathetic hypocrite and pretender.
And you have no authority- from God- to even insinuate that
the end is near..None..
And you are calling me a pretender??
-ok..

#538515 May 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, stop. Please.
Lacez apologized to you and you take that and hit him with it by calling his lifestyle filthy and abominable.
Geez, man. Where's this shit gonna end?!
Knock it off!
Jesus would NOT pay you on the back for berating a person He loves most dear, as He loves us ALL most dear.
Have compassion, show restraint, but above all - be tolerant. That not everyone is exactly like we are.
F_CK, this is frustrating!!!
Yes ~ it is extremely frustrating.....

#538516 May 23, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Counter_Strike.
Will you remain silent here?
I'd like to hear from other Christians too.
Is Trifecta's post acceptable to you?
Skom?
Anybody?
It's not acceptable ~ would you like me to post not acceptable on the postings I don't think are acceptable from here on in?

#538517 May 23, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
No-one attitude nor terms of personal hate are acceptable... and the more I learn of how some Christians write the more shame... I don't have any more words... in short it disgusts me. Yet all must also answer for their own words, and not me for them.
When some dignity returns I might... until then... I have a better place to be. It's called Peace to you too C1 with due respect to agree to disagree in beliefs.
Truth is I have never heard Christians speak like this, and the battle ground is no excuse.
CU all later...
I know why you are leaving..... the words are getting extremely sick and the subjects are low and uncalled for. But, if we leave, then they have succeeded in what they set out to do. Christians should know better than to get involved in war games; and if we/they do slip then they should 'man up' and apologise, and get on with bringing peace and love to where peace and love belongs. I hope I see your words again soon :(

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#538518 May 23, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yes ~ it is extremely frustrating.....
Only if you feel the need to control the thread.

Have you ever asked RR why he posts some of the posts
w sexual conotones that he does..like you just did to
HL?

I am curious..you may have- and I am just wondering.

#538519 May 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
RR posted...
Catcher ignored...
I guess I'm nobody :(
No, you are somebody :)

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#538520 May 23, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yes ~ it is extremely frustrating.....
And so is a lot of that profanity coming from someone who's suppose to he a "christian".

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#538521 May 24, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Didn't you use Wal-Mart to try to demean me and other retired people.
Skombolis wrote:
I wasn't demeaning anyone but you I simply said some people here when they retire do things to stay active become greeters at walmart. I think that is a good thing. It keeps them active and social I was laughing at what Mexico had to offer by contrast
Sorry, but this isn't credible. You're lying. You have mocked seniors working at Wal-Mart, and now, by your own admission, Mexico as well. Your bigoted remarks were least derogatory regarding me.
Skombolis wrote:
And what does that have to do with my religion or your "screw your god" comment?
I don't recall. Does it matter?

Fennario

#538522 May 24, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
bravo...just simply BRAVO!
Thank you kindly.

Fennario

#538523 May 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
IANs ... is making up his own facts and then commenting on them as if they happened
Can you support that allegation? Of course you can't. You never can.
Skombolis wrote:
Many Christians in here have openly stated they would vote to approve gay marriage
I doubt it.

I have never read anything like that from any Christian in this thread. I suspect that you're doing what you accused me of: making up your own "facts." Can you provide an example of this, or are we asked to depend on your legendary reading comprehension and recall?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#538524 May 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
This shit's gettin old, Annie. Seriously.
Would everyone out there in Topixland PLEASE restrain yourself a bit?!?
....Or face the almighty wrath of RR...
<snort>

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#538525 May 24, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
And you have no authority- from God- to even insinuate that
the end is near..None..
And you are calling me a pretender??
-ok..
If you actually took the time to read and understand the scripture your talking about you'd realize that it's not talking about the end at all. It's talking about the rapture of the Body of Christ. Which is something that Christians (including you since you claim to be a Christian) should be looking forward to with joy. But than again you claiming to be a Christian is nothing but a farce since you disregard so much of what God's Word proclaims. Like your belief that "all will be saved", which is completely unBiblical.

Go figure, you claim to be a Christian yet you disregard and contradict so much of God's Word.

Imagine that you poser!!!
_______

Oh and by the way. Don't send me any more t-mails. If you have anything to say to me say it in here. I'll save you the embarrassment of posting what you t-mailed.

Fennario

#538526 May 24, 2013
Phaerae wrote:
Very well thought out response and kind thanks
Glad to know you, and thanks back for the kind words.
Phaerae wrote:
for the record though I am about the farthest thing from Christian.
Not a Christian? Sorry. I guess that I should have known from the "hippy witch" thing. No offense intended.
Phaerae wrote:
I just believe in something greater than myself and call it god for my own personal reasons I could just as easily call it the flying spaghetti monster and just might as that seems cooler ;-)
I also believe that there are things greater than man, like the universe itself, and perhaps some of the other creatures living in it in remote regions.

And there are undoubtedly unimagined mysteries about the universe that we are unprepared to discuss or even consider.

I prefer not to use the word "god" (in the nontrivial sense) except when I am discussing a sentient, purposive, powerful, and creative being - usually somebody else's claim or belief.

The reason is that I don't want to be confused with people who do believe in such a thing. The word "god" or "God" carries a lot of baggage.

If you're aware of Einstein's famous quotes on the subject, he uses the word "god" to describe what I believe is nothing more than the laws of physics, and as a result, is frequently confused for a theist.

For example, when a student asked him what he would have done if the gravitational lensing experiment that confirmed his relativity theory had instead disproved it, he jokingly quipped, "Then I would have felt sorry for the dear Lord. The theory is correct."

When challenging the idea of quantum indeterminacy, the statistical nature of the subatomic world, and instantaneous action at a distance, he said, "It seems hard to sneak a look at God's cards. But that He plays dice and uses "telepathic" methods... is something that I cannot believe for a single moment."

Yet he also said,“I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.”

I don't think he was a s clear as he thought that he had been. He was more clear when he said these things:

“It seems to me that the idea of a personal God is an anthropological concept which I cannot take seriously"

and

"Scientific research is based on the idea that everything that takes place is determined by laws of nature, and therefore this holds for the action of people. For this reason, a research scientist will hardly be inclined to believe that events could be influenced by a prayer, i.e. by a wish addressed to a Supernatural Being."

In any event, as I said, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance.

Fennario

#538527 May 24, 2013
hick-up wrote:
I saw Lawest comment about "pipe". I thought it was rather crude. But on the other hand, if people (both straight & gay) would shut up about it, it would go away. I am getting tired of hearing about it ...yada, yada, yada--bla, bla, bla. If the gay community truely feel's it's nobody biz ...then why the hell don't they shut up about it?
Do you see the situation as symmetrical - two factions equally insistent about discussing homosexuality? I don't. I doubt that the gay posters here would be discussing homosexuality if they weren't being verbally accosted by the church trained Christians. They might flirt like Happy Lesbo, or discuss their happiness at being able to marry like Lacez, but not be advocating or defending their sexual preferences.

In my opinion, the hostility and struggle here is 100% due to Christians - and at least one quasi-Muslim - telling gays that they are cursed in the eyes of their god, and that they need to change or suffer.

What many of the theists do here makes people's lives more difficult and dangerous. It is unjust and unkind, and we all have a duty to vigorously resist this until it is gone. Incidentally, the same people do the same thing to atheists, and the same battle needs to be fought there with the same degree of outrage.

Therefore, it is my opinion that everybody that does not agree has an obligation to object to that kind of language. As long as Christians (the Muslims aren't really much of the problem here in the West) feel comfortable expressing that view, there is work to do.

And it seems likely to me that if and when they learn to think differently or keep silent, the discussion will end. That should please you.

Until then, you will continue to see this battle waged whether you are tired of it or not.

What do you think - are these two factions equally guilty of perpetuating this discussion that you dislike so much, or is one part out of line and on the offense, while the other is fending off its religious based bigotry as I have suggested?
hick-up wrote:
And don't tell me it's about equality. Equality is the illousion to cover the real reason ...money. Everything is about money!
Is this tongue-in-cheek? It has to be.

Fennario

#538528 May 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Stop pestering me about why you aren't [a Christian], I DON"T CARE
My posts are not about you, have almost nothing to do with you, and require no response from you. They are written for the benefit of those that can understand and consider them. I hope to influence open, interested, and intelligent minds - not you.

I suggest that you stop reading and responding to my posts if they agitate you this much.
Clearwater

Tulsa, OK

#538529 May 24, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
If you actually took the time to read and understand the scripture your talking about you'd realize that it's not talking about the end at all. It's talking about the rapture of the Body of Christ. Which is something that Christians (including you since you claim to be a Christian) should be looking forward to with joy. But than again you claiming to be a Christian is nothing but a farce since you disregard so much of what God's Word proclaims. Like your belief that "all will be saved", which is completely unBiblical.
Go figure, you claim to be a Christian yet you disregard and contradict so much of God's Word.
Imagine that you poser!!!
_______
Oh and by the way. Don't send me any more t-mails. If you have anything to say to me say it in here. I'll save you the embarrassment of posting what you t-mailed.
Yes. It's like when I've shared that I look forward to being home with The Lord one day. Most of the Christians I've met know that means our hope in in Jesus and His promise. Only on topix have I heard people like Le Le and lesbo insist it means we have a death wish. But something tells me the lies and smears will go on.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#538530 May 24, 2013
Morning.....I think I will just JUMP right in here

Turn on the "Light"

“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent
about things that matter.”

~ Martin Luther King, Jr

Thought for the day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#538531 May 24, 2013
Today's Prayer

Dear God, Thank you for this day. Sometimes my world just seems dark; problems abound, stress creeps in, I can't seem to see "the light at the end of the tunnel." But I know you are there to carry me through. Your Word tells me (Psalm 30:5) that "weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning," so I have hope and your promise of joy. Please continue to lift me up, give me strength, and carry me when necessary, so that I may emerge victorious over the darkness and continually be filled with joy and praise. Thank You in Jesus' name, amen.

Prime time with God

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 43 min Thinking 92,418
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 667,636
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Gabriel 979,330
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr bad bob 183,614
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr Rosa_Winkel 445,564
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr MUQ2 285,972
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 5 hr Joe Fortuna 2,024
More from around the web