Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#538031 May 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that I'd like to see pot legalized, but I agree with you. I wouldn't wanna see Phillp-Morris take over and mass produce it.
But this is America, dude. If pot becomes legal, that will happen.
I don't smoke pot

But it would free up like 1/3rd of our jails so violent offenders aren't getting out early and a bunch of people who have lost their freedom over a drug less harmful than cigarettes or alcohol could have a life again

And it would add a bunch of jobs, although there may have to be some compromise on competing with clothing and paper although maybe we would gain there as I am guess we import most of that anyway?

What would be the downside of it legalized?

This isn't like some super-passionate issue for me. I just think it would make sense and given the things that are legal already, I don't see why millions of people should be locked up over it. Especially when it doesn't lead to violence or so many accidents like alcohol. Probably way less unplanned pregnancies too
mike

AOL

#538032 May 23, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
The Lord has blessed me in this life. Standing in front of a crowd with thousands and thousands chearing. And God was there. It was a gift from God. The Lord gives and he takes away. Sitting on an interstate exit ramp for three days. Not a friend to be found, alone, or so I thought. God was there and he showed me what was around me. It was a gift from God. I have searched for God and found him in ways I could previously have never imagined. And God was there. I have run as far and as fast as I could till I found myself in the darkest place I think I have ever been. And into that dark place came the light. God was there and he showed me that he will never leave me or forsake me. God is worthy of my praise. I will be blessed, for I am blessed. Holy, Holy, Holy, is The Lord God Almighty. Who was, and is, and is to come. I am for ever grateful.
A GOD is here and there?
Whatever you say b-man
When is a GOD going to speak on your behalf?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#538033 May 23, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a bunch of them in WINLAC.
Get honest.
A bunch of Christians trying to prove to the Zeus believers that he isn't real?

That's 'honest'?

Location hidden

#538035 May 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Gotta start somewhere, man...
Kudos

Both of you actually

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#538036 May 23, 2013
Morning ......

Still here....

Will catch....

Up Later......

((^l^))

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#538037 May 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
A bunch of Christians trying to prove to the Zeus believers that he isn't real?
That's 'honest'?
A bunch of Christians telling Non-Christian theists (Yes one does include Zeus in her beliefs) that their deities don;t exist.

Even here, RA was the first to call my understanding of Tao as a bunch of crap.

BTW, the Christian deity has the same name in Latin as Zeus: "Deus Pater" (Zeus the Father) also know as Jupiter.

Get a clue.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#538038 May 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Catcher has been waiting all day to try to jump on something
First he tries to get all political correct when bashing Christianity in general with his Yawehmart comment
Then the lawyer actually provides the ammo to get his own case shot down leaving himself no choice but to say nothing or keep arguing the legal definition is bad
Then he ignores Lawest being told to have sex with his mother and tries to say enough wasn't said to someone else!
The point of saying something to someone when they say something i have never heard them say before is to get them to acknowledge it was out of bounds with Lawest stepped up and did even though any guy can understand someone might lose their tempter when someone suggests they fornicate with their mother
But these "humanists' don't care whatsoever about actual right or wrong. Just how they can try to spin something. It is why Cathcer goes to one room and says let's not bring the usual sides to the recent natural disaster and then comes in here and bashes Christianity over it looking for a high five
These guys have no morals but they like to pretend when it is about others
Transparent and so expected
Morals aside, they seem like pretty good guys, Skom. So do you.

I see me reason, other than childish antics, that we all can't get along.

Try joking with them. And when they put down our religion, don't get offended. Chalk it up to a difference of opinion and move on.

Tell me a joke.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#538039 May 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
'Potential tithers'?? Oh ya, you think the church is all about making money...
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's it's principle function.
Therein lies your problem, IANS.

I wish I could help you.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#538040 May 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
First he tries to get all political correct when bashing Christianity in general with his Yawehmart comment
Who cares?

Didn't you use Wal-Mart to try to demean me and other retired people.

Screw your god.
Skombolis wrote:
Then he ignores Lawest being told to have sex with his mother
Once again, who cares?

His homophobic mouth is vile. If gays are fair game, his mother is as well. We obviously have no intention of letting you determine the parameters of acceptable speech.

Screw his mother.

Any other gripes?
Skombolis wrote:
acknowledge it was out of bounds with Lawest stepped up and did even though any guy can understand someone might lose their tempter when someone suggests they fornicate with their mother
This again? Who cares? If he doesn't like it, he can mind his own filthy mouth. No man is an island.
Skombolis wrote:
These guys have no morals
We'll be the ones determining that without your help. You've disqualified yourselves from the discussion.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#538041 May 23, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Morning ......
Still here....
Will catch....
Up Later......
((^l^))
Have a good one Epi

:)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#538042 May 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Who cares?
Didn't you use Wal-Mart to try to demean me and other retired people.
Screw your god.
I wasn't demeaning anyone but you

I simply said some people here when they retire do things to stay active become greeters at walmart. I think that is a good thing. It keeps them active and social

I was laughing at what Mexico had to offer by contrast

And what does that have to do with my religion or your "screw your god" comment? That is just you again finding a way to justify your bigotry in a situation not even remotely connected to religion

<
<quoted text>
Once again, who cares?
His homophobic mouth is vile. If gays are fair game, his mother is as well. We obviously have no intention of letting you determine the parameters of acceptable speech.
Screw his mother.
Any other gripes?
<quoted text>.
Enough with the "we" you insecure irrelevant nobody

I already said neither one should be singled out for public rebuke as they were both at fault. But since your buddies tried to score points somehow off me telling a friend to reel it in, it became an issue because of their hypocrisy
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
We'll be the ones determining that without your help. You've disqualified yourselves from the discussion.
we we we we

This little piggy retired all the way to Mexico

:)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#538043 May 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
He basically came in here to say "I am gay, you got a problem with it? How about you? I know you do? You are all bigots" Without so much as knowing what anybody thinks.
LOL. Yeah, we have no idea what you think.
Skombolis wrote:
I have always been very outspoken against bigotry
You are a bigot. Your anti-Mexican bigotry has been on parade in this this thread.
Skombolis wrote:
he came here looking for a fight and hasn't stopped.
Lacez has been extremely gentle and tolerant. His treatment at the hands of the homophobic Christians here has been unacceptable to many of us. We decide such matters ourselves without your permission or counsel. Apparently, many of us find your Christian ethics reprehensible. Imagine that.
Skombolis wrote:
It is a free country and people have a right to their opinion and shouldn't feel backed into a corner to give it or explain it
Amazing.

You have no right to expect that if your opinion is unacceptable that you won't be backed into a corner. I'd defenestrate you.

Do yourselves a favor and wake up to the new reality. It doesn't include a privileged treatment of your Christian filth. We owe you nothing, and you have no leverage. If you don't like the angry blow back, keep your loathsome values to yourself.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#538044 May 23, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read the last verse my friend?? HE has perfected for ALL time, those who are IN Christ. We look at people based on THEIR performance, God looks us at through the performance of His Son. Gods Grace continues washing us even when we do sin..That doesn't mean we continue to sin on purpose but when we do, Jesus is our mediator. Arguing is not Christ-like but that doesn't mean we are separated from God...NOT after what Jesus has DONE..
Oh my... rightio, good luck with that :D

Location hidden

#538045 May 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Morals aside, they seem like pretty good guys, Skom. So do you.
I see me reason, other than childish antics, that we all can't get along.
Try joking with them. And when they put down our religion, don't get offended. Chalk it up to a difference of opinion and move on.
Tell me a joke.
It honestly doesn't offend me, 99% of the time if someone is going to let what an anonymous stranger says to them over the Internet get to them then they got to work on getting some thicker skin. I just get bored of their constant hypocrisy. Joke, criticize, talk, debate, even argue...its all good to me. Adults that can't be honest about what they are doing though even in an anonymous forum just is hard for me to understand

a joke, a joke...ok, let's see:

How about:

"I never make mistakesÂ…I thought I did once; but I was wrong"

Or

A male driver is pulled over by a cop and the following conversation takes place:

Man: What's the problem officer?

Cop: You were going at least 75 in a 55 zone.

Man: No sir, I was going 65.

Wife: Oh Harry. You were going 80.(Man gives his wife a dirty look.)

Cop: I'm also going to give you a ticket for your broken tail light.

Man: Broken tail light? I didn't know about a broken tail light!

Wife: Oh Harry, you've known about that tail light for weeks.(Man gives his wife a dirty look.)

Cop: I'm also going to give you a citation for not wearing your seat belt.

Man: Oh, I just took it off when you were walking up to the car.

Wife: Oh Harry, you never wear your seat belt. Man: Shut your mouth, woman!

Cop: Ma'am, does your husband always talk to you this way?

Wife: No, only when he's drunk.

Since: May 11

Edinburgh, UK

#538046 May 23, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You are a bigot. Your anti-Mexican bigotry has been on parade in this this thread.
<quoted text>
Lacez has been extremely gentle and tolerant. His treatment at the hands of the homophobic Christians here has been unacceptable to many of us. We decide such matters ourselves without your permission or counsel. Apparently, many of us find your Christian ethics reprehensible. Imagine that.
<quoted text>
Amazing.
You have no right to expect that if your opinion is unacceptable that you won't be backed into a corner. I'd defenestrate you.
Do yourselves a favor and wake up to the new reality. It doesn't include a privileged treatment of your Christian filth. We owe you nothing, and you have no leverage. If you don't like the angry blow back, keep your loathsome values to yourself.
bravo...just simply BRAVO!

Location hidden

#538047 May 23, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
we we we
<quoted text>
You are grasping at straws senor

I have simply made fun of where you live not the people in it, pointed out the contrast in things to do which I believe we have the much better end of the deal, and have made fun of you

You won't find anything in my comments degrading someone on their ethics or intelligence or character for being Mexican

You just are a bigot who desperately wants to point the focus off his bigotry, while continuing to say bigoted things
<quoted text>
You are so stupid

For starters people don't have a right to presume anyone's opinion

And I said they don't have a right to demand they give it or explain it

If people offer it in public then of course it will be open to scrutiny

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#538048 May 23, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a "ferry."
I do not resemble a boat at all.
You obviously can't understand English that well either.
I'm guessing you probably advocate Lawlest's behaviour, right?
How moral of you.
Actually there is very little Lawest and I agree on ...if anything at all. Lawest is his own man, just as you are ...and makes up his own mind, just as do you.

And I agree with you, what you do and how you live is no one's business. That being said; why the hell can't you people just shut up about it? You run your mouth and make it the business of others, just like Coffee & Skom said. You only had to read a few pages and you knew the culture in here ...yet YOU ran your mouth in here anyway. You brought your laundry here.

You need to accept responsibility for your actions and quit whining.

Since: May 11

Edinburgh, UK

#538049 May 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
we we we
<quoted text>
You are grasping at straws senor
I have simply made fun of where you live not the people in it, pointed out the contrast in things to do which I believe we have the much better end of the deal, and have made fun of you
You won't find anything in my comments degrading someone on their ethics or intelligence or character for being Mexican
You just are a bigot who desperately wants to point the focus off his bigotry, while continuing to say bigoted things
<quoted text>
You are so stupid
For starters people don't have a right to presume anyone's opinion
And I said they don't have a right to demand they give it or explain it
If people offer it in public then of course it will be open to scrutiny
I believe you just had it handed to you...quit while you`re ahead. LMFAO

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#538050 May 23, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Where were you when RA accused me of raping my own daughter ?
<growl>
I don't know G, but I don't recall ever seeing that exchange. But then between work and scrolling it's easy to miss something. I only saw the bit about Lawest mother because it was repeated several times. I had to go back and find the original post.

Don't get me wrong, there is no love lost between Coffee and I. On the other hand, I would say that Coffee has improved more than anyone else in here in my opinion.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#538051 May 23, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>**POSTED TO Skombolis**Surprise surprise that you wouldn't understand an interaction in English.
I never told anyone to "fornicate" with their mother.
I said that I do not love my mother like I do my lover.
And so when someone claimed that was ironic, I asked if they did and called it sick in that case.
Go back to school and learn to read.
.. as a gay man, you've probably experienced bullying in the past so this is nothing new for you. In comparison, lesbians are given a relatively free pass. Unfair? You bet !!..

.. have you noticed females on this thread have not 'piled-on' or bullied either of us? If anything, they've been supportive. What does that tell you ??..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 27 min Bongo 100,536
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 47 min Sky Writer 31 184,288
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr guest 670,351
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr another viewer 980,168
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr Jehowa Witness 46,179
Treating others with respect 5 hr UnderstandPeople 14
Do any attractive cougars or milfs want to trad... (Dec '11) 6 hr Seejay 4
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 hr Pegasus 286,455
More from around the web