Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>**PORTIONS SNIPPED**
You are missing the point even if looked at metaphorically. The emphasis was not on the knowledge.
.. agree. There was no anthropology, no real scientific knowledge, in the 7th Century BCE. Instead, there was only the natural world where pharaohs were divine, their subjects unified by a single religion ..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
And the knowledge being spoke of was not knowledge man could seek out and learn in the world but rather something that would put him on equal par with God. It does to man's vanity and thirst for power. And that was simply the trigger.
.. so far, so good ..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
The main emphasis was on man disobeying God and succumbing to temptation.
.. right, much like disobeying the pharaohs (gods) and succumbing to temptation ..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
In the world the temptation can be many things and the tempter can come in many forms
.. I can relate to that; Alice tempts me on a regular basis. Don't you think she's hot ??..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not even logical that the story of the bible would be to keep man mentally enslaved due to ignorance.
.. why is that illogical? It makes perfect sense to me ..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
While from an outside perspective it may fit some image of what you feel the church has tried to do, if that was their intent they certainly wouldn't make it into scripture.
.. why not ??..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a pretty basic message. Obey God and be happy as He will provide all you need
.. are you unable to do that yourself? Why do you need a church ??..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
disobey him by giving into temptation, and the fallout will be predictable
.. for me, therein lies the problem. If I do not obey the church's rules, my destiny is hell-fire and damnation. That's one hell of a threat from a group of people who claim God has all the power and they are powerless ..

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Definition of tornado...
noun (plural tornadoes or tornados)
(Oxford Dictionaries)
tornado
noun [C]
/t&#596;&#720;&#71 2;ne&#618;.d&#601; &#650;//t&#596;&#7 20;r&#712;ne&#618;.do &#650;/(plural tornadoes or tornados)(US informal also twister)
(Cambridge Online Dictionary)
In honor of Dan Quayle, I drop the e.
I like to drop some E in my catchup.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:

Paul disagrees with you
"So then if, while [her] husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man."
Romans 7:3
That law was created to dissuade people from adultery, a lawful offense in those days.

But since Jesus died for our sins, that law was vacated and reversed, ie; no longer relevant.
The bible makes it easy for husbands to divorce their wives...
"If a man marries a woman who becomes displeasing to him because he finds something indecent about her, and he writes her a certificate of divorce..."
Deuteronomy 24:1
Yes, which was done in their courts. No oral divorce was permitted, just like today - to avoid hear of passion decisions.

But none of that is relevant anymore, those were Israelite laws of divorce in ancient Israel.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen Happy Lesbo get viscous.
Alice too.
Maybe not in public, but...
.. Alice likes gummy bears ..
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

A Prayer about the Enjoyment of Little Things

So I commend the enjoyment of life, because there is nothing better for a person under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany them in their toil all the days of the life God has given them under the sun.(Eccles. 8: 15 NIV)
Gracious Father, the past few weeks have been incredibly demanding and depleting. I’m thankful you understand our frailties and our need for refreshment. If you never commanded Sabbath rest, I probably wouldn’t take it. And if you never commended the enjoyment of life, I’d go to the extremes of either taking simple joys for granted or worshiping pleasure altogether.
So today, I’m slowing down enough just to say thank you— thank you for designing us for pleasure, for the experience of delight. Thank you for putting sensate responders and nerve endings in our bodies. You are glorified in our enjoyment.
Thank you for intending that joy would accompany us in our work (often exhausting, thankless, and seemingly fruitless work) all the days you have given us under the sun.
I praise you for the wet crunch of celery, the soothing texture of ice cream, the alluring aroma of baking bread. I praise you for my wife’s gentle kisses and my grandson’s infectious giggle. I praise you for the relaxing sound of ocean waves, the memory-connecting music of the sixties, the well-timed greeting of a friend, and how good it feels to finish a jog and start a new book. I praise you for the permanent smile on the face of a dolphin, the never-the-same array of sunrises and sunsets, the precise ways you show up when I need you the most.
Father, our ongoing work under the blazing sun has meaning because of the finished work of your beloved Son. Because the gospel is true, we can glorify you now and enjoy you forever. I pray in Jesus’ holy name. Amen.
8Smith, Scotty (2011-09-01). Everyday Prayers: 365 Days to a Gospel-Centered Faith (p. 147). Baker Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
So, christians who divorce for any other reason than adultery are not true christians?
I can't speak to that end, but there are several Christian-based reasons for divorce.

Abuse (verbal, physical, emotional or sexual) to the wife or children, infidelity, drug abuse or non-support of the wife and/or kids.

We know that God don't like divorce and it should be a last resort.

Malachi 2:16

16 “The man who hates and divorces his wife,” says the Lord, the God of Israel,“does violence to the one he should protect,” says the Lord Almighty.

So be on your guard, and do not be unfaithful.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm into cannibalism.
Love that cannabis.
Ah...

Ahaha!

You'd get along great with my little brother then. Dude smokes a bowl for breakfast...

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting post, HL.
.. why, thank you RR. Did you want me to make you a sammwich ??..
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Question- What knowledge do you suppose was held back to the 'minions' over the past 2,000 years?
.. actually, it's all there, in red. Study the words, meditate, reflect, don't let anyone tell you what the red words mean ..
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think the atheists or non-Christians weren't learning the same stuff as Christians were(not including the religion, of course)?
.. I don't have a clue ..

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>true thing writer! Him have some nerve calling anyone sick and he go push up another man feces everyday! that is one sick and vile beast.
Your fantasies are showing.

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm trying HL, I really am.
Like I've said before, if a Christian and an atheist lesbian can get along just fine, there's hope for us all :)
White, heavy mayo, mustard, lettuce, onion, tomato, ham, turkey, pepperoncinis, pepper & a dash of salt. Thanks.
Oh, and a glass of milk, whole.
MWAH!
<< opening a jar of Giuliano Sliced Peperoncini >>

.. did you want cheddar or pepper jack cheese ??..

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I like to drop some E in my catchup.
I dropped some X yesterday.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. why, thank you RR. Did you want me to make you a sammwich ??..
<quoted text>
.. actually, it's all there, in red. Study the words, meditate, reflect, don't let anyone tell you what the red words mean ..
<quoted text>
.. I don't have a clue ..
Yes, I'd love a sammich, hold the Draino...

But you didn't answer my question. You want me to reread the entire bible and try to guess what it is you meant.

O_o

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Skom is explaining to Lawest that he made a public relations blunder.
Being open and candid is ok among friends, but one shouldn't express those views in a public forum.
It's not politically correct, you know.
.. HUSH !!, or I'll pull your pants down, take you over my knee and .......... Skom has cool all day ..

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
playing and wallowing in toxic feces filth is fantasy to you eh?

a human being should barf and vomit at such filthy and vile thoughts. but animalistic beasts looking like humans would go for such fantasies.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
<< opening a jar of Giuliano Sliced Peperoncini >>
.. did you want cheddar or pepper jack cheese ??..
Cheddar, baby. Cheddar.

Extra sharp cheddar, fresh sliced.

I'll rub yer feet when yer done, k?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I dropped some X yesterday.
I dropped a huge shit...

...Felt like I was poopin out my intestines.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Your balls are showing.

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Ah...
Ahaha!
You'd get along great with my little brother then. Dude smokes a bowl for breakfast...
I haven't smoked any for several years.

They need to legalize it so I can just go buy some at Rite Aid.

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. Alice likes gummy bears ..
I like the cartoon, but not the candy.

Artificial bait and gummy worms look identical to a small child.

I don't want to talk about it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't smoked any for several years.
They need to legalize it so I can just go buy some at Rite Aid.
If they did, you think it'd come in a 20 pack, like cigarettes? Or maybe a 10 pack?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

466 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Stilgar Fifrawi 729,452
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 3 min Sybel the Soothsayer 36,689
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 4 min Naveen kumar 911
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min An NFL Fan 117,700
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min KayMarie 536,834
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 6 min Falcon 651
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min Dr_Zorderz 259,030
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Freebird USA 172,886
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••