Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
btw when you responded to this:
"How about you? How are you doing? What time do you have to be at work?" By posting this:

"crickets
Ouch.
Sorry, man. That must be rough.
I think that my bedroom clock has an alarm built into it, but I wouldn't know how to work the darned thing."

That was all you! You wrote both parts and got your quotes wrong
So when you were copying the text, you responded to your own questions by making cricket sounds and saying ouch!
You're really quite linguistically impaired, aren't you? I responded to you, not me.

And no, that wasn't all me. You changed something there that significantly changes the meaning of that verbal string.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Skombolis wrote:
Maybe when you are done though you can tell me how good you are at paying attention to details and why you wouldn't make mistakes?
I make plenty of mistakes on Topix, but they're pretty much all editing errors - nothing substantive. My facts are correct.

And you picked a bad time to be doing this. It's your mistake again - another failure to understand what you read, and even more remarkably, a failure to even copy-and-paste adequately. It's a visible illustration of the way information processing proceeds in your head when reading.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dictionary definitions:
bum 1 (bm)
n.
1. A tramp; a vagrant.
And yes i go by number 1, the most commonly used definition which is tramp or vagrant

There is no moral connotation, it simply is an accurate description of their current living condition

Someone living on the street is considered a vagrant. Even legally, you know that right? Laws like Vagrancy?

Do you hate the legal profession for how it has named people?

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> No sir, because I know that they are not real, but Jesus Christ makes himself known to those who believe on him through his spirit, and it not something that is material that it came be proven physically to anyone who do not believe, but it is revealed to us through faith in God through Christ Jesus, and we are witnesses with the evidence of his workings in our lives.
Millions of people would disagree with you on that and would, no doubt, use the same argument many christians use.

It goes something like this...

"You can't prove our god doesn't exist..."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You're really quite linguistically impaired, aren't you? I responded to you, not me.
Um..no you didn't crazy person

I didn't ask you when do you work and what time do you work? I know you are retired. You asked me that so you could then ask about me getting drug tested

That water is rotting your brain

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't read this comment from you until now.... I also said "You have been Holding back?"
LOL
:)

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> No, because God wouldn't command us to kill anyone, he is the prince of peace and if you know anything about him in this current dispensation of grace, you would know that, the situation with Abraham and Isaac was a test of Abraham's faith and obedience.
You realise that you're putting limits on what your god will/won't do?

Your god may decide to get into another bet with Satan and you may be their pawn.

Anyway. I didn't say WHEN your god tells you to kill - I said IF.

Let's try again.

Imagine IF you were 100% certain that your god was talking to you.

Now imagine IF he said something like this....

"The atheist across the road has mocked me and you will be my servant of vengeance. I want you to kill his children."

==========
Why do christians always run away from this question?

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Duane.
I hope you are feeling better.^^^ I see you still have your sense of humor.:)
I hope I die laughing. LOL

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I see this statement differently. I believe that churches have relented and don't speak of divorce as often. If they did...half of their members would probably walk out.
It is one of those subjects (IMO) that churches have had to tone down. If the divorce rate is between 40 and 50 percent (depending on what statistic you look at) almost half of those church members have divorced.
Church attendance is down...which means funding is down...can they really afford to make between 40 to 50 percent of the congregation angry?
When I was a child divorce was a big "no no" in the church but so was drinking...cursing....and a lot of other things. Things that just don't seem to matter to a good portion of Christians now.
Fair points - I guess these people are far more in tune with the 21st century compared to some of the believers in here.

Those same believers, who, I am sure, would say these people aren't "true christians".

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
Wow.......you are an embarrassing "wealth of wisdom and knowledge" on these subjects, aren't you?.........a few truths to consider here, God does not necessarily cure everyone of all their ailments, often when someone prays on your behalf then at least on some level you yourself have to have faith to help put God's power into effect.....FAITH.......very sure that he can cure all ailments regardless without it, but that working through the power of faith is simply how he operates through and deals with man.
Why doesn't your god cure all the world's sick children? Going by what you've said, there are three possibilities:

1. Your god doesn't exist.

2. None of the world's christians possess enough faith for their god to answer their prayers.

3. The world's christians don't really care about sick children, so they can't be bothered asking their god to cure them.
LAWEST100 wrote:
I have personally besought and asked my Bishop and overseer to pray for me on certain matters numerous times, he always agreed to do so but always reminds me to have some faith MYSELF to receive it. Did you know that the Apostle Paul himself mentioned an undisclosed illness that he suffered from, having asked God three times to remove it from him, and the Lord refused to do so citing to Paul that his ( God's ) grace was sufficient for Paul as God's strength is made perfect in weakness. He doesn't always heal everyone for whatever reason and when he does, not always completely for he can use us just as we are.
In other words, your god could save millions of children from dying but he fails to act.

Mind you, those behind the 9/11 bombings would have prayed to their god to ensure the success of their mission; so maybe you're right and perhaps there is something to praying after all.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Not necessarily, some marriages works well from outside the realm of his church and spirit, but there are no guarantees on the outside of what have been discussed here.
Yup - marriage has no need of superstition and mumbo jumbo.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
Say people want to laugh and giggle when comments are made like panty-sniffing god or telling HFN if she has considered a pessary ...
Those were both very funny examples of the art of the insult. Flap flap flap indeed! Insulto Kwan Do is the verbal martial art. You take the other guys insult, retroflex it, and colonoscope him or her with it.

Why can't you be funny? It would excuse a host of sins if you were. Your insolence would even be welcome if it were witty enough, like a roast. But it's not.

Consider your last post, where you mangled up the crickets thing, and then did a victory dance while unwittingly mocking your mistakes. You may be a laughing stock, but I doubt anybody feels good about seeing that.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys never correct each other so how could you have to worry about it getting nasty?**PORTIONS SNIPPED**
.. this is not true ..

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Counter_Strike wrote:
All will know and understand it is true, especially very end, but you're right, not all will accept.
It's Scary Chicken time.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you mocking entire religions
Do you feel your issue with one person within the religion give syou the moral right to insult the entire faith? Is that what you would have us do with Muslims in America and those of others faiths as well?
Man I love these double standards
BTW, do you (or you Annie) find the term "beach-bum" offensive?
I only ask so you can say yourself the response on why "bum" is so bad
Just mocking one guy, Counter_Strike.

Beach bum has its own definition. It is not an offensive term.

Bum is offensive. I gave you a dictionary definition.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
I scroll past ALOT of posters.....
I know, right?

BTW, I really enjoy your morning inspirational stuff. I'll bet that some of those would fit on a refrigerator magnet.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Dang Cather, do I know you or what?
Is the term "beach-bum" offensive to you?
Terms are how you view them
Kind of like Yahwehmart I guess
Asked and answered.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
and only if they are of the opposite sex. LOL
Lol

Yes, that's for sure.

The evidence would seem to indicate that the only homosexual relationships the Vatican approves of are non-consensual ones between priests and underage altarboys.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't say harsh ...that sounds abrasive.
But you've got spine, and you've got salt.
Tomorrow is a new day. Oh look, it's already here.
You're a good girl.
Don't let anyone convince you otherwise.
Follow your heart ...you and only you will answer for it.
I miss Micah also ...
Than you..hu..
I feel secure in my convictions of what is right and wrong..

Last night was a trip on here.. I have been on that "ride"
before..I am thankful and amazed that there were so many ,of
fine character, that took the time to stand w me..Whether they
believe in my Faith or not..

I appreciate your honesty..I "see" the broom- for sure..lol.
Honored to call you friend..
xo

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
And according to Lawlest--if a woman who believes does get out
of that marraige-- and remarries, she is committing adultary in
the eyes of God..
I find that sad, judgemental and none of his business..
You're absolutely right - it's none of his business.

It's all part and parcel of how they like to control their women and deny them equality with men.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
They'd burn you as a witch if they could. Do you think I'm exaggerating?
Don't worry about any of this. The antipathy for your tormentors is becoming palpable. Let them keep digging. You're looking pretty good through all of this.
No- I do not think you are exaggerating..
I felt the fire..

I didn't read most posts where I saw Lele in them last night.
So- not sure how bad it got..

Thank you for your post.
I am glad you are here..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 515,521 - 515,540 of596,599
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

464 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 3 min Mandela 36,103
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min number four 217,127
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min It aint necessarily so 680,601
How come the president doesn't use his BIRTH NAME? 19 min Doctor REALITY 2
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 min Pegasus 250,410
Legal marajuana is an act of rebellion against God 27 min hick_up 2
Unborn Baby Up For Adoption (Jan '13) 29 min Love 74
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Henry 512,266
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 2 hr Xbobstax 266