Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#537934 May 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get down on my knees for anyone or anything.
I do, for women.

<smile>

“"None shall pass"”

There

#537935 May 22, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. absolutely! I have some wool scarves ..
Itchy!

Silk and satin. Please ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#537936 May 22, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> 1 Corinthians 1:18
18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
The words of an admitted murder, liar, fraud and thief.

Can I interest you in a copy of Mein Kampf, too ?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#537937 May 22, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I do, for women.
<smile>
Yeah, HL reminded me.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#537938 May 22, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> 1 Corinthians 1:18
18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
Thansk for proving my point.
Only a moron or inane person would mistake the opinions of a confessed murderer, liar, fraud and thief for the "Words of God'.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#537939 May 22, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
If the garden slug I stepped on asked me "Why ?" I would say "I'm sorry. It was an accident." Not "Because you are a pathetic creature that deserves to die."
Sorry, B-Mnn. I think many humans would be a saner deities than the deities of Christianity and Isalm.
Then again, YHWY said WE are Gods (Psalm 82). That makes far more sense to me.
Hello again G :) let's look at it :)

Psalm 82

1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)

82 1 The Prophet declaring God to be present among the Judges and Magistrates,&#8195;2 Reproveth their partiality.&#8195;3 And exhorteth them to do justice.&#8195;5 But seeing none amendment,&#8195;8 He desireth God to undertake the matter and execute justice himself.

A Psalm committeth to Aspah.

1 God standeth in the assembly of [a]gods: he judgeth among gods.

2 How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the [b]wicked? Selah.

3 Do right to the poor and fatherless: do justice to the poor and needy.

4 Deliver the poor and [c]needy: save them from the hand of the wicked.

5 They know not and understand nothing: they walk in darkness, albeit all the [d]foundations of the earth be moved.

6 I have said, Ye are gods, and ye all are children of the most High.

7 [e]But ye shall die as a man, and ye princes shall fall like others.

8 O God, arise, therefore judge thou the earth: for thou shalt inherit [f]all nations.

I have not been able to find any translations or transliterations, where it says YHWY said Ye are gods, Or any that say El or Elohim said ye are elohim. yes it is said ye are elohim, that is where I messed up previously. I was looking at the wrong use of the word EL or Elohim in your previous post. And as I said previously, I will be better prepared the nest time this conversation comes up. Each of several translations including Hebrew to English, KJV, 1599 Geneva, and several others the word I was used. Not YHWY, or EL. So who is I was my next question. I had to look at the beggining and the entire psalm in context. I was using this 1599 geneva translation at the time and noticed rather quickly that it was a psalm committeth to Aspah. I got my KJV and it did not mention Aspah. So I go my Hebrew Bible and it did mention the same thing. Aspah stood in the congregation of magistrates and judges(elohim) and told them that God (Elohim) stands in the midst of them. When you read the entire psalm it is clear that Aspah is chewing them out for not judging fairly with the poor and needy. he told them you are at and mighty but you will die like any other man. He concludes by calling God to arise and judge the earth. Setting aside the beginning of the psalm pointing out that it was Aspah. because it didn't in the KJV but did in most other translations, including the Hebrew that it was translated from. Look at the last verse. You say it was God (YHWY) that was saying this. That doesn't even make sense. God said, Oh God, arise and judge the earth...But as the Hebrew and most other translations point out, it was Aspah the prophet who said this.
I hate to counter and run but I have to get to sleep. I will read your response in the morning or if I wake up during the night. I truely wish it were earlier so we could continue. I am sure when you read it a little closer you will agree. At first glance it does appear as you say.
Have a good night G.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#537940 May 22, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you in part. However, a paid debt is a paid debt. Belief in it is not needed. Cashing the check is.
IMHO repentence is cashing the check, not belief.
I do believe repentence is necessary. But, I believe that it is the evidence of the belief. It's the faith without works kind of thinking. My point was to not missing Jesus point.
I realy do have to get to bed. Have a great night G. It is good reading your thoughts.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#537941 May 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Skom is explaining to Lawest that he made a public relations blunder.
Being open and candid is ok among friends, but one shouldn't express those views in a public forum.
It's not politically correct, you know.
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
You're usually pretty cavalier about calling someone a bigot.
What gives?
Nah, you don't have to answer. It's blatantly obvious...so blatant in it's obviousness.
Two guys that cheer it on when its their buddy are actually going to question the degree?

But you guys were fine obviously with it being suggested he sleeps with his mother

What a couple of hypocritical clowns

Location hidden

#537942 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Naaaaaawwww......
Yahwehmart good.
Bum bad.
Catcher has been waiting all day to try to jump on something

First he tries to get all political correct when bashing Christianity in general with his Yawehmart comment

Then the lawyer actually provides the ammo to get his own case shot down leaving himself no choice but to say nothing or keep arguing the legal definition is bad

Then he ignores Lawest being told to have sex with his mother and tries to say enough wasn't said to someone else!

The point of saying something to someone when they say something i have never heard them say before is to get them to acknowledge it was out of bounds with Lawest stepped up and did even though any guy can understand someone might lose their tempter when someone suggests they fornicate with their mother

But these "humanists' don't care whatsoever about actual right or wrong. Just how they can try to spin something. It is why Cathcer goes to one room and says let's not bring the usual sides to the recent natural disaster and then comes in here and bashes Christianity over it looking for a high five

These guys have no morals but they like to pretend when it is about others

Transparent and so expected

“"None shall pass"”

There

#537943 May 22, 2013
Psalm 82 is a story BY Aseph, not about him.

The first line says EL is among the Elohim.

Cut to the chase:
Either El (YHWY) is talking to humans or He is talking to other Gods (Elohim)
Tthere are only two conclusions:
1. Elohim refers to humans
2. There are more than one Gods (Elohim)

Judaism, Christianity and Isalm have been dancing around the "ELohim Problem" for over 2000 years.

The most reasonable explanation is that it is because Judaism was not a montheistic relgion until recently and the prohibition on changing the words in the ancient texts leaves us with the proof of that.

Alternatively, it could be a Hebrew shift from the Sumerian religion substituting Elohim for Annunaki and possibly a view of humans as "lesser Gods" instea of the lesser Gods being non-human.
I do not think anyone will solve the riddle, it has endured for over 2000 years.

I "believe" that we humans can be Gods; good ones, bad ones, ruling ones, powerless ones.
Yes, I do believe we are all Gods and that Jesus in that sense was a God as well.
Look forward ot your thoughts.
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello again G :) let's look at it :)
Psalm 82
1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
82 1 The Prophet declaring God to be present among the Judges and Magistrates,&#8195;2 Reproveth their partiality.&#8195;3 And exhorteth them to do justice.&#8195;5 But seeing none amendment,&#8195;8 He desireth God to undertake the matter and execute justice himself.
A Psalm committeth to Aspah.
1 God standeth in the assembly of [a]gods: he judgeth among gods.
2 How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the [b]wicked? Selah.
3 Do right to the poor and fatherless: do justice to the poor and needy.
4 Deliver the poor and [c]needy: save them from the hand of the wicked.
5 They know not and understand nothing: they walk in darkness, albeit all the [d]foundations of the earth be moved.
6 I have said, Ye are gods, and ye all are children of the most High.
7 [e]But ye shall die as a man, and ye princes shall fall like others.
8 O God, arise, therefore judge thou the earth: for thou shalt inherit [f]all nations.
I have not been able to find any translations or transliterations, where it says YHWY said Ye are gods, Or any that say El or Elohim said ye are elohim.... EDIT FOR SPACE ONLY...

Location hidden

#537944 May 22, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
<<<Rolls eyes!!!
Are you serious?
You're the one who came in here shoving yourself and your lifestyle choices onto other people, telling them that they need to disregard their belief in what God's Word says about homosexuality and get behind legalizing gay marriage. Than you said that if they didn't than they were being bigots.
Nobody seeked you out and said "please come in here and tell us all about you and your choices".
You've been going on and on shoving yourself into other peoples lives since you first showed up in here. Telling them that if they don't vote for gay marriage than they're a bigot. So don't sit there saying quote: "They are shoving themselves in other people's lives because they feel insecure about their own". Because that's exactly what you're doing.
Where do you get off telling people how they should vote?
Open your blind eyes fella. You're guilty of that which you acuse others of.
Even when the conversation has nothing to do with him or homosexuality he jumps in making wild accusations assuming it does

He did last night assuming someone saying something to Lele must have been over that

And he did so with me despite not having the slightest idea where i stand

He basically came in here to say "I am gay, you got a problem with it? How about you? I know you do? You are all bigots" Without so much as knowing what anybody thinks. He has been on that topic since he got here trying to get anyone to engage him

I have always been very outspoken against bigotry and very honest that it is my belief as Christians way too often the Bible is used in a way it is not to single out a sin and bash someone

This is the first time I have ever said the problem lies with the person who is gay. But he came here looking for a fight and hasn't stopped. You wanna kick someone's door down and demnad they apologize to you for what they may believe is ridiculous. If he came to post or someone tracked him down way different story

You can't show up looking to fight while telling people screw their mother and then complain

Its just common sense

It is a free country and people have a right to their opinion and shouldn't feel backed into a corner to give it or explain it

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#537945 May 22, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what I have thought forever.
Why do so many Christians care soo terribly much what
others do with their lives??
Isn't one of their battle crys- "God is in control"?
Yet- they live to control everyone! Not just woman.
I see little self made gods.. all over this thread..
All over this world.. Their need to be god is mucking up
every one else's lives.. they do not see this??
Wish they would simply live their own lives and leave everyone else
alone.
We could all live without their picket signs and hate speach..yes?
Nicely put

One of the great things about free speech is that we generally get to identify the hatemongers in our midst as well as knowing how they think.

Location hidden

#537946 May 22, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. agree. There was no anthropology, no real scientific knowledge, in the 7th Century BCE. Instead, there was only the natural world where pharaohs were divine, their subjects unified by a single religion ..
<quoted text>
.. so far, so good ..
<quoted text>
.. right, much like disobeying the pharaohs (gods) and succumbing to temptation ..
<quoted text>
.. I can relate to that; Alice tempts me on a regular basis. Don't you think she's hot ??..
<quoted text>
.. why is that illogical? It makes perfect sense to me ..
<quoted text>
.. why not ??..
<quoted text>
.. are you unable to do that yourself? Why do you need a church ??..
<quoted text>
.. for me, therein lies the problem. If I do not obey the church's rules, my destiny is hell-fire and damnation. That's one hell of a threat from a group of people who claim God has all the power and they are powerless ..
I never said i needed a church. If you mean church in the traditional sense and not body of believers

It is illogical because even if you feel that is the motivation, why would people open themselves up to that very criticism within their own Bible?

However I think if one looks at the story, it isn't like they were rebuked for asking questions. They were not seeking information that can be had by man but rather omnipotent knowledge putting them on par with God. That has no real life application therefore can't possibly be the central message, even scaled down to regular knowledge. The issue was temptation leading to disobedience.

Put it this way, if someone didn't feel as an unbeliever based on whatever they read into history from the bible to now, nobody looks at that story and says the point was don't seek knowledge.

I enjoy my local church because I enjoy the fellowship and i enjoy the charities set up out of it. But it isn't mandatory. And I don't believe in eternal damnation.

What verses do you think teach that for humans (excluding the false prophet and the beast who are not humans). You won't find a lot

But either way, the are assuming every church is teaching a message of fire and brimstone. To a believer if one has to be motivated by fear and doesn't want to act out of love, they are lost anyway so a message of fear is not taught to believers. And no message is taught about unbelievers and that isn't who the message is towards

I think you guys would be shocked if you stopped in some churches and listened to the homilies to see how many are about love and helping other people

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#537947 May 22, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>well this Christian won't run.
If I was 100% certain YHWH God was talking to me and tell me because of you mocking him to kill your children, well there must be a good reason.
Maybe your children are terrorists planning to attack the State.
Maybe you're a terrorist planning to attack the State.
Maybe your children would grow up to be evil brutal wicked people.
Maybe your children was interfering with God's plan for someone else.
You are foolish in judging God, because you know almost nothing. You exist for a short time and your knowledge is quite limited.
God is all knowing and is forever eternal. The mocking of God's prophet by those children in the bible may have absolutely nothing to do with why God allowed the animals to kill them.
So when you go read something in the bible and think you can judge God, that is your foolish arrogant pride. Because you don't have all the information available to God to question why YHWH Almighty might kill a person or allow things to happen. I no think you understand the absolute insignificance of your existence outside the Will of YHWH Almighty.
So you admit it!.

If you were 100% certain that the voice in your head telling you to kill children was your god, then you wouldn't hesitate to do just that.

I'm glad you're not my neighbour.

Location hidden

#537948 May 22, 2013
I will amend my recent comment to say "some" humanists as I guess i don't know exactly who defines themselves as one

Some posters I think have been pretty decent and some I downright like

ut consider the last two I just mentioned and the guy the cover for to top the list of who i see turn a blind-eye to each other yet never stop trying to play the "why doesn't some other person do what I never do and rebuke their friends" card

It is just silly

Location hidden

#537949 May 22, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you (((((Steve))))))
The exercise bike is the type where you are leaning back instead of foreward - it also has a seat which is more like a chair than those itty bitty bike seats.
Ah

I like the idea of reclining while exercising! LOL

Good to see ya

(T) Peace

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#537950 May 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Pigs bum :)
Hi Ashelah....
Someone is still talking to me! LOL.. Hi sweets :)

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#537951 May 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I will amend my recent comment to say "some" humanists as I guess i don't know exactly who defines themselves as one
Some posters I think have been pretty decent and some I downright like
ut consider the last two I just mentioned and the guy the cover for to top the list of who i see turn a blind-eye to each other yet never stop trying to play the "why doesn't some other person do what I never do and rebuke their friends" card
It is just silly
I'm a Humanist and I Love Jesus and God and all of mankind. I also love Science and abhor religion of any kind. I also support Gay rights, bringing down Big Pharm and Healialing this world. What do you make of that?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#537952 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
'Potential tithers'?? Oh ya, you think the church is all about making money...
Yes, that's it's principle function.

Location hidden

#537953 May 22, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
YahwehMart brand catsup is called Catchup.

YahwehMart also sells mustard by the seed.
Ah, what a surprise

Do what I say not what I do

Not only you guys don't rebuke each other, you join each other in a laugh

Well, nothing I didn't already know

Yet you guys would be tripping over yourselves if similar comments were made by Christians about Muslims

You are the guy always saying he isn't into labels being used negatively right?

And again, has a brief exchange with you last night and left it civil. But when you saw a chance where you thought you could twist, you could not come running fast enough to defend your man

In your head were you shouting

"I am coming ians"

puff puff puff

"hey skom ,why when lacez told lawest to fornicate with his mother and you heard him say something he has never said before,why didn't you attack him? I was too busy laughing at my buddy Catcher's bigoted comments and didn't hear it right away"

Don't worry, this won't be another long exchange. Your actions speak for themselves

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 13 min ROG 71,124
After 2 years of being together, we broke up. 1 hr lookforlove23 4
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Johnny 447,265
Simpson made morgue's embalmer's job......"easy" 4 hr Doctor REALITY 1
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 4 hr Doctor REALITY 33
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr Liam 699,305
Should I get shoes for long distance gf? 5 hr chard64 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 hr nanoanomaly 994,961