“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#537752 May 22, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear Lord, Many are the wonderful works You have done. You have put a new song in my mouth and praise in my heart. You gave new life to my steps and peace in my soul. You have lifted me up and placed me upon solid ground. Thank you. May my life bless You and my Words exalt You, O Lord. In Jesus' name, amen.
Prime time with God
Amen.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#537753 May 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Why put down Mexicans?
He's trying to help me understand bigotry with an illustration.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#537754 May 22, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I understand you my friend, and that I will, although I said it basically just to show him his double standard in the use of the word "ironic", it was not said out of any anger at all as much as a need to remind him of what he is and what he represents in calling someone else "sick".
Again I was fully calm and cognizant of what I was saying to him and know that it was the truth despite the level of bluntness that I conveyed with it, if he got some pleasure from my scolding in thinking he pushed my bottoms, then it actually proved my point about him. All the same thing you for your concern Brother and may God Bless you for you.(C:
Thanks brother (T) Peace

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#537755 May 22, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Annie and we all have lack in different area's. It's the acceptance of other's "lack" that is missing in this world. I did enjoy the video. The man was sure enjoying himself. I think its awesome for people to simply enjoy life instead of being so uptight all the time. Here is a video for you..I hope you enjoy it. I think you will.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =9hWAU-lJFaMXX
Aaaw...she reminded me of that song by Lee Ann Womack "I Hope You Dance".

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/leeannwomack/i...

About 6 years ago I was driving down a street in Atlanta when I happened to see this guy walking down the street. There were many men on that sidewalk but only one stuck out in my mind. Only one that I remember 6 years later.

It was Valentines day and he was dressed all in pink...from head to toe! Pink feathers and a tiara on his head...pink leotard and a pink tutu.:-) Of course he also had his pink tights and his pink high heels. Quite a picture!

What I remember most though...was his smile...the way that he danced as he made his way...but did I mention the smile???

The people in the car with me thought we was an insane lunatic...I thought he was amazing. Thinking about him this many years later still makes me smile.

A few weeks later I saw him again...this time dressed in a drum major outfit...including a baton...leading a marching band. Of course no one could see this marching band...except for him...and that was all that mattered.

Okay...if I hadn't of hurt my back yesterday...I would be tempted to dance! Maybe even out on the street. Cleaning an oven can be hard on the body! Sad part is...it was a self-cleaning one!
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#537756 May 22, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I see this statement differently. I believe that churches have relented and don't speak of divorce as often. If they did...half of their members would probably walk out.
It is one of those subjects (IMO) that churches have had to tone down. If the divorce rate is between 40 and 50 percent (depending on what statistic you look at) almost half of those church members have divorced.
Church attendance is down...which means funding is down...can they really afford to make between 40 to 50 percent of the congregation angry?
When I was a child divorce was a big "no no" in the church but so was drinking...cursing....and a lot of other things. Things that just don't seem to matter to a good portion of Christians now.
Maybe divorce was considered shameful in society @ the time, along with a few other things. People would hardly raise an eyebrow about those things now.

The churches only reflect this.

Fennario

#537757 May 22, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
God send Jesus, that it.
Shipping and handling separate.

Sorry, no CODs.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#537758 May 22, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
He's trying to help me understand bigotry with an illustration.
If only you could understand.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#537759 May 22, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I understand you my friend, and that I will, although I said it basically just to show him his double standard in the use of the word "ironic", it was not said out of any anger at all as much as a need to remind him of what he is and what he represents in calling someone else "sick".
Again I was fully calm and cognizant of what I was saying to him and know that it was the truth despite the level of bluntness that I conveyed with it, if he got some pleasure from my scolding in thinking he pushed my bottoms, then it actually proved my point about him. All the same thing you for your concern Brother and may God Bless you for you.(C:
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> if he got some pleasure from my scolding in thinking he pushed my bottoms,
*giggling like a schoolgirl*

Fennario

#537760 May 22, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
More people realizing science is a dead end when it come to God.
I think that more people are recognizing that your god is a dead end when it comes to knowledge and reality.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#537761 May 22, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Millions of people would disagree with you on that and would, no doubt, use the same argument many christians use.
It goes something like this...
"You can't prove our god doesn't exist..."
But it is not about proof so much at all as it is about TRUTH, there is only one true God of all creation, and his name is Jesus Christ, and I'm sure that statement is going to stir a hornets nest, because now some of you will be asking me how can Jesus Christ be the creator God when he was only born in the flesh 2,000 years ago, well.......bring it on.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#537762 May 22, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You realise that you're putting limits on what your god will/won't do?
Your god may decide to get into another bet with Satan and you may be their pawn.
Anyway. I didn't say WHEN your god tells you to kill - I said IF.
Let's try again.
Imagine IF you were 100% certain that your god was talking to you.
Now imagine IF he said something like this....
"The atheist across the road has mocked me and you will be my servant of vengeance. I want you to kill his children."
==========
Why do christians always run away from this question?
Sorry but I won't indulge you into this useless debate, because the Lord Jesus do not condone killing, the Word admonishes to refrain from getting into the kind of silly arguments that you are trying to initiate here because it is not done for any purpose of edification but only to provoke strife, if anyone christian or non are hearing such voices, then guess who is speaking in their ear, can you?

2 Timothy 2:23
23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

That is the reason that they "run" from your ignorant question, if you can understand the scripture.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#537763 May 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Yeah.
Nobody makes better tornados.
What about Dyson?

(It's spelled tornadoes, or in Kentucky, tornaters)

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#537764 May 22, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Lacez..
I guess there is this thing called-"history"..

I have always carried a different view of Christianity than
the main stream believers..
Here on topix my beliefs seem to be so over the top-
many do not like my opinions and believe I am from satan..
They truly believe this..btw.

I have always spoken out (here) against inequality and using the Bible to
bash others who do not believe in the Faith..
For that- I have been accused of searching anal sex sites, I have
been accused of being many other posters, satan's daughter, on and on with the insults- all by Christian men claiming the Love of Christ-
right here on this thread..wsjlm..

They do not seem to like my message- so they insult my person to deflect from what I am telling them that I belive to be truth..

It's a great strategy, don't you think??

Then I end up defending who I am..wasting precious time on their
insults towards me..and they think they have accomplished something for Jesus Christ..- what that is they think they have done for Him here- I am not sure..
But rest assured- these Christian men- sure know how to stroke
each other's egos..
I am sure they all slept very well last night.
Well then it isn't your fault at all.
You hold a different view that does not harm others but prevents harm to others.

They're the ones in the wrong.

Look at it this way; they harm, we attempt to prevent harm.

Which is more right?

Embrace the grey.

#537765 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?
I'm into cannibalism.

Love that cannabis.

Montreal

#537766 May 22, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>This is what I have thought forever.
Why do so many Christians care soo terribly much what
others do with their lives??
Isn't one of their battle crys- "God is in control"?

Yet- they live to control everyone! Not just woman.
I see little self made gods.. all over this thread..
All over this world.. Their need to be god is mucking up
every one else's lives.. they do not see this??

Wish they would simply live their own lives and leave everyone else
alone.
We could all live without their picket signs and hate speach..yes?
The problem is that they don't like the idea of being equal to those they hate.
They wish to remain above, have some privilege over the other.

They are shoving themselves in other people's lives because they feel insecure about their own.

“Hippie Witch”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#537767 May 22, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>What does "religion" have to do with anything?.........I don't have a "religion"......but a born again experience and walk IN Jesus Christ is what it is all about, and the Lord said that there are few who will find the straight gate and the narrow way, all religions are useless in of themselves, but it is all about living a life for God through the Lord Jesus Christ, and HE has to reside on the inside of you in order for you to live this life IN him.
Lacez Wrote:
How is it ironic?
Do you love your mom like you do your lover?
How sick you are
Son........you have no Godly clue what 'Sick' really is, you are a little young wet behind the ears faggot punk laying up with another man taking and giving pipe to one another and you have the unmitigated gall to call ANYONE else sick, and what you have said in your post that is correctly applied ( to YOU that is ) is the word Ironic.
Wow...Not cool Lawest.

Embrace the grey.

#537768 May 22, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I do.
Do YOU see what you are saying about the Christian community?
Do you see anything analogous occurring in the skeptic community? How many of us have savaged another unbeliever? Have you seen Tide and Happy Lesbo get vicious? How about Catcher and me? Or Alice and Khatru?
Compare that with your comment: "9 times out of 10 they tear into her"
Does that say anything to you? What will faith allow you to see? I'll bet that you still see the superiority of the Christian ethic, and that nothing could ever suggest differently, whatever you saw. When faith closes your mind to reason and evidence, it stays closed for as long as you keep the faith.
I've seen Happy Lesbo get viscous.

Alice too.

Maybe not in public, but...

Montreal

#537769 May 22, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>What does "religion" have to do with anything?.........I don't have a "religion"......but a born again experience and walk IN Jesus Christ is what it is all about, and the Lord said that there are few who will find the straight gate and the narrow way, all religions are useless in of themselves, but it is all about living a life for God through the Lord Jesus Christ, and HE has to reside on the inside of you in order for you to live this life IN him.

Lacez Wrote:
How is it ironic?

Do you love your mom like you do your lover?

How sick you are

Son........you have no Godly clue what 'Sick' really is, you are a little young wet behind the ears faggot punk laying up with another man taking and giving pipe to one another and you have the unmitigated gall to call ANYONE else sick, and what you have said in your post that is correctly applied ( to YOU that is ) is the word Ironic.
So I'll take that as a "yes."
The fact that you love your mother like you do your lover is disgusting.

The other comment you replied to had everything to do with religion, because that's what the line of comments was about.

The fact that all you can do is throw insults around like a gorilla throws its crap is enough to show you have no basis in morality.

What's right is to stop harm, not provoke or invoke it. You are on the losing side.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#537770 May 22, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Why doesn't your god cure all the world's sick children? Going by what you've said, there are three possibilities:
1. Your god doesn't exist.
2. None of the world's christians possess enough faith for their god to answer their prayers.
3. The world's christians don't really care about sick children, so they can't be bothered asking their god to cure them.
<quoted text>
In other words, your god could save millions of children from dying but he fails to act.
Mind you, those behind the 9/11 bombings would have prayed to their god to ensure the success of their mission; so maybe you're right and perhaps there is something to praying after all.
Once again you have made yourself a liar on more than one front, his Word tells us that he will take mercy upon whom he will, many thing man has initiated himself and are suffering the fallout for such actions and decisions that he has made. And so now it becomes the fault of the saints that there are sick children in the world, eh?........and if they are not readily healed then that is our fault as well?.......sorry, but it is your reasoning that is somewhat twisted and misguided, God can heal based off of the faith principal that he has set up with man or he can allow some to pass on and spare them the agonizing life of pain and suffering, if you think it is cruel that he don't heal them, then by the same reasoning wouldn't it be cruel to allow them to live and suffer all of their lives?

God has healed some from a very young age who has this testimony, but he is not going to do it on a wide scale level, and his wisdom far exceeds your own.

Montreal

#537771 May 22, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>It would be nice to take you up on that challenge, but I have actually done so before on more than one occasion.
Sure you have, in your dreams.

You're just another bully, and we all know bullies are cowards.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min Charlie Sheen 259,376
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Huh 739,125
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 12 min Johnny 338
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Aquarius-WY 542,289
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 min New Age Spiritual... 227,460
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 27 min bad bob 173,665
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 28 min yon 3,077
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 42 min KiMare 95,469
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••