Yes little girl, want a pamphlet?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#537718 May 22, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Annie,
Awesome post. Nobody never knows what may happen from day to day. We all could end up homeless some day and I hope people that see me will see me through YOUR eyes and heart. I am quite aware that you left religion but you sure see things through the eyes of God a lot more than some who still profess their religion. Thank you for being who you are. Your views on things light up this forum most of the time. God Bless You
Thanks but what I have in one area...I lack in a "bunch" of others.

You might enjoy this...

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#537719 May 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, and to mock that one guy you decided to mock his religion as a whole
And so calling someone a bum is ok so long as there is sand around?
But like you helped me to to show you, bum means vagrant. That is the legal definition and it denotes no judgement be it moral or ethical nor is it it mocking. It is the legal definition of what someone living on the street is called
If you have an issue with that then as a lawyer you should try to change the "vagrancy" to "Homelesscy"
My guess is you wouldn't be taken too seriously though
OK, just once more, then I'm done with you on this one.

The word "bum" has a pejorative, derisive connotation.

And it's not wise to be silly and play word games, when something is obvious.

Over and out.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#537720 May 22, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
We all have our own opinions...I voiced mine.
I am not sure how you interpreted me to say that if someone is homeless then they are not as valuable of a human being. It certainly was not what I was implying. Maybe there was some confusion in my writing. I will go back and reread it and reword it if necessary.
I truly am sorry if that is the way it read and apologize for it. I do not think that at all. There have been too many times in my own life where I was not far from being homeless myself.
I feel you may have missed the point I was trying to make as my point was anyone can feign moral indignation even over a completely innocuous term. Bum simply means vagrant, which also happens to be the legal term for someone in that situation. There is no inferred judgment or insult as it merely categorizes a situation based on residency if you will and not character. As two people who understand and empathize with others in that situation I would hate to see it exploited merely for political correctness in order infer all sorts of negative perceptions the user of the word must have for using it even though such inferences would be incorrect. I feel it actually hurts the cause as it has a sort of cry wolf effect in the same way someone claiming racism or sexism falsely just makes more people likely to be more dismissive of legitimate claims. If we are going to say people don't care about those on the street it should be because they have shown they do not care. Not simply make the accusation because they used a legitimate and emotionally objective classification

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#537721 May 22, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You realise that you're putting limits on what your god will/won't do?
Your god may decide to get into another bet with Satan and you may be their pawn.
Anyway. I didn't say WHEN your god tells you to kill - I said IF.
Let's try again.
Imagine IF you were 100% certain that your god was talking to you.
Now imagine IF he said something like this....
"The atheist across the road has mocked me and you will be my servant of vengeance. I want you to kill his children."
==========
Why do christians always run away from this question?
well this Christian won't run.

If I was 100% certain YHWH God was talking to me and tell me because of you mocking him to kill your children, well there must be a good reason.

Maybe your children are terrorists planning to attack the State.
Maybe you're a terrorist planning to attack the State.
Maybe your children would grow up to be evil brutal wicked people.
Maybe your children was interfering with God's plan for someone else.

You are foolish in judging God, because you know almost nothing. You exist for a short time and your knowledge is quite limited.

God is all knowing and is forever eternal. The mocking of God's prophet by those children in the bible may have absolutely nothing to do with why God allowed the animals to kill them.

So when you go read something in the bible and think you can judge God, that is your foolish arrogant pride. Because you don't have all the information available to God to question why YHWH Almighty might kill a person or allow things to happen. I no think you understand the absolute insignificance of your existence outside the Will of YHWH Almighty.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#537722 May 22, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
From the Jefferson, South Carolina Yahweh outfit?

Thanks but no thanks.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#537723 May 22, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not in me but I do wonder... I wonder if someone stated mocking the Muslim relgion or Buddhism with the hate he has for Christians and Jews would he say nothing? Would it be ok? I have my thoughts.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#537724 May 22, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays can only deceive themselves.
And that's exactly what they're doing.

Andrew (CS).

Location hidden

#537726 May 22, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. Did you ever see Robin Williams as Patch Adams? The main message of that movie imo was right on. But I doubt that most that go into medicine would agree with him.(Adams)
I agree. And as in any profession there are the corrupt and incompetent, in the medical profession and especially proportionate to the quality of care income can provide, people can easily fall victim to an overburdened and understaffed place of care if someone is not right on top of it. And mistakes can still happen but hopefully they will happen less when patients and their families are invoked more.(T) Peace

Location hidden

#537727 May 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, just once more, then I'm done with you on this one.
The word "bum" has a pejorative, derisive connotation.
And it's not wise to be silly and play word games, when something is obvious.
Over and out.
But it is you playing the word games. You are a lawyer yet claim a word whose primary definition is the legal term must be offensive simply based on its use alone. That is untrue. Again as a lawyer I would think you of all people would understand that using a word synonymous with the legal definition is perfectly acceptable and that any insult would have to be derived from context. You cheapen the plight of those on the street by making these transparent and self serving arguments. And especially while in between posting things like YawehMart. Seacrest out

Location hidden

#537728 May 22, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not in me but I do wonder... I wonder if someone stated mocking the Muslim relgion or Buddhism with the hate he has for Christians and Jews would he say nothing? Would it be ok? I have my thoughts.
You know the answer already. I wonder what Catcher would have to say if in my desire to mock an individual of the Muslim faith to worship a panty sniffing towel head? Or an Allah Baba and the 40 thieves? Of course I know the answer as well. I am sure he makes three. They just enjoy the double standards

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#537729 May 22, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I shouldn't say "Missy"....Sorry bout that....
I wasn't speaking of you. I saw a couple of other posters comparing people to gossiping school girls. You can call me anything you wish. I kinda like Missy :)
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll see....If I see something that you have posted that I think is offensive...I'll let you know....
Please do that. Sometimes I just blurt things out without thinking.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#537730 May 22, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. When things are going good its easy to play church as some do. You want to find out whats at a mans core put him under fire and you will find out. Take care.
This reminds me of something that I understand our former overseer to have once said, that if you take a man and turned him upside down, he will start cursing angerily and would be ready to fight, but if you do the same to a saint, the only thing that will come out of his mouth is a constant plead of calling the name Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus..........over and time again,

If one cannot tell the obvious difference by discernment, then they will by other God given methods.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#537731 May 22, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Chris it's good to see you too. Give your lovely wife my best. Hope you're staying cool there in Florida. I know it's that time of the year when things really start to heat up down there. It's been pretty warm here in Indiana the last couple of weeks. But it was a very cool spring till then.
Take care. God bless.
Good evening RA, good to see you here posting again, hope all is well with your health.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#537732 May 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, and to mock that one guy you decided to mock his religion as a whole
And so calling someone a bum is ok so long as there is sand around?
But like you helped me to to show you, bum means vagrant. That is the legal definition and it denotes no judgement be it moral or ethical nor is it it mocking. It is the legal definition of what someone living on the street is called
If you have an issue with that then as a lawyer you should try to change the "vagrancy" to "Homelesscy"
My guess is you wouldn't be taken too seriously though
Seems all them motel folks is in on it too!
They been post'n it on all ther motel signs fer years!

Location hidden

#537734 May 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems all them motel folks is in on it too!
They been post'n it on all ther motel signs fer years!
heh..no.vagrantcies!

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#537735 May 22, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you probably think the biblical story of an early civilization is fact; I see it as historical mythology, a rendering of how one society framed ethics ..
.. can we learn from the bible? Absolutely. I see it as an empty canvas which requires an artist to interpret what a culture was trying to convey through oral then written tradition. And, like any work of art, each beholder will interpret it differently, become the artisan ..
.. the belly-crawling serpent is but a rendition of the good -vs- evil concept where the divine hero conquers all ..
.. Egyptian Midianites would say, "I am a serpent, I am a snake," the Druids identified themselves as serpents, their meaning clear, "I am a student and exemplar of wisdom-knowledge."
Matthew 10:16: "Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves."
.. the priesthood changed it a bit, created an evil viper to suppress learning. Without knowledge, the minions obeyed and surrendered their personal power, desire to learn, to the elite ..
.. some things never change ..
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
While I understand your concern Ms. Happy, many events of the bible can be historically proven, whether or not some of the writings were from 2nd, 3rd or 4th hand sources or some things exaggerated a bit because of exuberance or overzealousness. Scripture is fairly accurate, and your feelings and opinions on my faith or anyone elses faith is simply just your opinion. You continue flogging the same tired horse. We get it. You hold our beliefs as myth and we believe what you're saying about it is just your very poor and biased opinion.
That simple.
Your proof....lacking or rather missing.CS.
.. my position concerning much of the mythology contained in the bible is much more than opinion ..

.. most pagan religions are based on animism, a belief that animals, trees, plants, rivers, even rocks, possess a spiritual or supernatural essence, that everything in nature is part of the all and without the all, there is nothing. Christians believe that they are part of the body of Jesus and without a belief in God, there is nothing. There's an analogy there ..

.. I think leaders (priests) introduced the supernatural into a perfectly natural world and, if anything, Jesus tried to correct the misconceptions, restore understanding. His anger at the money changers at the temple, calling them thieves, is a perfect example of his contempt for the system ..

.. as opposed to your belief in the 'revealed truth' of the bible, it may be the concealed truth of the bible that matters. Why is knowledge withheld? Even today, why do leaders (priests/pastors) label the Gnostic gospels heresy, books not to be read? Why was an attempt made by the RCC to destroy all copies of these gospels ??..

.. my position may seem horrendous, dumb, bias or devilish. Who knows? It might be. But, then again, so might yours ..

.. at this point, you have several options. You can try to refute my claim that the bible, although somewhat historical, is largely myth, call me a dense ignoramus or ignore this post. The choice is yours ..

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#537736 May 22, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
Which means effectively, there were no churches existing in Jerusalem before 71AD.
:)

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#537737 May 22, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, so approximately 50% of Christians aren't actually Christians?
Well that drops your numbers down quite a bit. So you now admit your religion is much less popular than other religions, for half of your Christians aren't actually Christians.
What does "religion" have to do with anything?.........I don't have a "religion"......but a born again experience and walk IN Jesus Christ is what it is all about, and the Lord said that there are few who will find the straight gate and the narrow way, all religions are useless in of themselves, but it is all about living a life for God through the Lord Jesus Christ, and HE has to reside on the inside of you in order for you to live this life IN him.

Lacez Wrote:
How is it ironic?

Do you love your mom like you do your lover?

How sick you are

Son........you have no Godly clue what 'Sick' really is, you are a little young wet behind the ears faggot punk laying up with another man taking and giving pipe to one another and you have the unmitigated gall to call ANYONE else sick, and what you have said in your post that is correctly applied ( to YOU that is ) is the word Ironic.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#537738 May 22, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet if we stood in front of them, they wouldn't have the guts to say what they say here.
It would be nice to take you up on that challenge, but I have actually done so before on more than one occasion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min 2all 654,537
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 15 min PELE78 64,970
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 47 min Steve III 516
News Sarah Palin going on 'Oprah' (Oct '09) 1 hr Chump University 708
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr The Hangman 973,981
women watching men naked on webcam (Mar '12) 2 hr Ableviking 60
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr MUQ2 281,965
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr RiccardoFire 45,313
More from around the web