Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#537476 May 21, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously whether you elaborate further is up to you but you got me interested. I think it was cool you shared what you did in this post.
Nobody just is who they are. There is always a lot of things that led up to it.
I have found throughout my life that people are generally shocked to see how much they have in common with others when they know the back-story. Or at least how much more they understand.
Anyway, not gonna try to wax philosophical. I just always enjoy when people get a little deeper into who they are and wante dto say thanks
(T) Peace
You're welcome Skom.
I would never offer my shoes ta walk in to anyone, if ya know what I mean...an ya do...

Location hidden

#537477 May 21, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots lots more...
... and I went to bed with my boots on... if I could find somewhere to rest. Steeled for good BT!
I gotta go but just a hello in blowing thru...
... wondering 2 how lil whispers is.
Take Care.
You too PW!
I haven't seen her, so I wonder also.
Hope she is OK.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#537478 May 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Prude.
Dude.

"There's no FUN in fundamentalism."

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#537479 May 21, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like the word rebuke. Scolding is not something that one adult should attempt to do to another adult. It tends to lead to conflict and not discussion.
Rebuke does sound like a harsh word. I know when it first started to be commonly used I thought so. I think Christians use the word more because it is biblical but obviously just means to correct someone.

And while if done in a condescending way I can understand why it would be perceived as negative as adults should be on par with one another. But to me when done the right way it is nothing more than saying "hey I think what you are doing is wrong"

And we should be able to do that. Do I discourage discussion? No. But IMHO sometimes it is not required or even necessary. Adults shouldn't have to soft-shoe around each other. Yes there are times when I appeal to a friendship or preface something by saying I am not trying to be confrontational or will try to get a discussion going if I think it will be beneficial. But other times to me there is nothing that has to come first and we can just tell someone "hey, what you are doing is wrong"

Topix has become too much ass-kissing and "hey man if you don't mind me telling that maybe you know if you could kinda sorta just do this maybe just a wee bit different it would be absolutely perfect"

You know what I am saying? I am not that kind of person. If I think its wrong I will say so.

Now don't get me wrong, that approach has its drawbacks obviously. But one of them certainly won't be enabling

I think it just depends on the situation and which approach is required. Sometimes discussion is a better start and sometime the rebuke is.

JMO anyway

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#537480 May 21, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
You spelled moist wrong :)
I like that word. Moist.

Joy from "Dead Like Me" doesn't like it.

I couldn't find a clip for just that.

Location hidden

#537481 May 21, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome Skom.
I would never offer my shoes ta walk in to anyone, if ya know what I mean...an ya do...
I hear ya friend

I used to think at times "I wouldn't wish this on an enemy"

And I won't push ya for details. A lot of life boils down to the same ingredients anyway. I will just simply tip my cap to a fellow traveler and wish ya well on your path

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#537482 May 21, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Dare Bro!
Lighter ??? Where would we be without our back up if it gets too dark for the light?~~~Grin~~~ We are polarized... for the sake of dazzle!
Take Care and always in Spirit.
I see you my brother!
Peace and Blessings.
You got that right sister!

But the show must go on

or does it?

I see you too

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#537483 May 21, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Just have fun.
That's what I try to do.
Good to see you too !!
:)

Location hidden

#537484 May 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Then Judas said, "Hey, Jesus, all you got is stale bread and a bottle of cheap wine ? Keep throwing parties like this and they're gonna crucify you."

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#537485 May 21, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Rebuke does sound like a harsh word. I know when it first started to be commonly used I thought so. I think Christians use the word more because it is biblical but obviously just means to correct someone.
And while if done in a condescending way I can understand why it would be perceived as negative as adults should be on par with one another. But to me when done the right way it is nothing more than saying "hey I think what you are doing is wrong"
And we should be able to do that. Do I discourage discussion? No. But IMHO sometimes it is not required or even necessary. Adults shouldn't have to soft-shoe around each other. Yes there are times when I appeal to a friendship or preface something by saying I am not trying to be confrontational or will try to get a discussion going if I think it will be beneficial. But other times to me there is nothing that has to come first and we can just tell someone "hey, what you are doing is wrong"
Topix has become too much ass-kissing and "hey man if you don't mind me telling that maybe you know if you could kinda sorta just do this maybe just a wee bit different it would be absolutely perfect"
You know what I am saying? I am not that kind of person. If I think its wrong I will say so.
Now don't get me wrong, that approach has its drawbacks obviously. But one of them certainly won't be enabling
I think it just depends on the situation and which approach is required. Sometimes discussion is a better start and sometime the rebuke is.
JMO anyway
(T) Peace
Synonyms of rebuke: reprimand, scold, chide, reprehension.

There may be a better way to disagree. Just sayin

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#537486 May 21, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude.
"There's no FUN in fundamentalism."
And very little mental.

Location hidden

#537487 May 21, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
I don't like the word rebuke. Scolding is not something that one adult should attempt to do to another adult. It tends to lead to conflict and not discussion.
It's obvious to me that our culture thrives on argument. These are just some similar words that start with "re".

Rebuff
Reproach
Resend
Rebut
Reprimand
Refuse
Reject
Repulse
Repudiate
Reprehend
Remonstrate
Reverse
Restrain
Retard
Repress
Refute
Renounce

You are right. We can discuss ideas and keep the conflict between the ideas, not the people expressing them.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#537488 May 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he just praise God for killing over 50 innocent people ?
Just 50 this time? Teh GOD is mellow.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#537489 May 22, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I like that word. Moist.
Joy from "Dead Like Me" doesn't like it.
I couldn't find a clip for just that.
Dead Like Me was AWESOME. They always kill the best shows.

Dresden Files, Firefly, Sarah Conner Chronicles, Mercy, etc.

Then they replace them with Jersey Shore or Dancing With the Losers.

WTF is wrong with these people?

Location hidden

#537490 May 22, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Synonyms of rebuke: reprimand, scold, chide, reprehension.
There may be a better way to disagree. Just sayin
Most of the time you are probably absolutely right

Just every so often a post comes along that doesn't deserve the consideration. With some offensive comments I simply am not interested in getting to know someone's thought process better.

However if a situation shows any potential that something positive can be salvaged then discussion probably is the preferable route.

Good food for thought

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#537491 May 22, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
And very little mental.
Plenty of dames though:)
Lost In Transition

United States

#537492 May 22, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Somethig is seriously wrong w you fella..
You're starting to sound like my mom.
Lost In Transition

United States

#537493 May 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would never offer my shoes ta walk in to anyone, if ya know what I mean......
Yah.
That's how I got this toe-nail fungus.

Location hidden

#537494 May 22, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
Yah.
That's how I got this toe-nail fungus.
LOL!

Location hidden

#537495 May 22, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
Dead Like Me was AWESOME. They always kill the best shows.
Dresden Files, Firefly, Sarah Conner Chronicles, Mercy, etc.
Then they replace them with Jersey Shore or Dancing With the Losers.
WTF is wrong with these people?
It's a numbers game.

A show without writers or recognizable talent is cheap to produce. Pre production and post production are almost non existent. They may not even have a production set or special effects. People will still watch them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Chilli J 52,724
shuh up meathead! 5 min aintnogods 5
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Michael 693,436
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min aintnogods 992,266
First time applying for fiancee visa. Any advice? 17 min My BS-O-Meter is ... 2
Wookin 4 Wuve in all da wong pawaces!! Wookin 4... 29 min Doctor REALITY 1
Walgreens is owned by Christ-rejecting Jews 33 min Doctor REALITY 24
More from around the web