Fennario

#537121 May 21, 2013
Truths wrote:
ad·mo·ni·tion
An act or action of admonishing;
authoritative counsel or warning.
~*~*~*~
For Christs SAKE BEHAVE !
Take a few minutes to reflect on the pain of the people who have lost loved ones - on the people who have lost earthly homes in the tornado's..... AND on those who will spend eternity with out God's presence - those who will not accept Jesus as their hope )c:
I guess every tragedy is another chance to sell Jesus. When you say take a moment to reflect on the pain, you really mean the pain of hell, don't you - not the pain of losing loved ones and homes, which was the decoy. I'm sure that you think that you're doing the right thing, but it seems a little opportunistic to me.

Consider this. She was talking about what you are doing:

“If you heard a marketer brag that he targets people who’ve been diagnosed with terminal illnesses because they’re easier targets, or a guy say he likes to cruise funerals because grieving women are easier to pick up, you’d think that person had no morals at all. But targeting people in moments of weakness to sell them religion is regarded as a normal and even virtuous strategy for proselytizing.”- Amanda Marcotte

Think about it.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#537122 May 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
"I said you are GODS (Elohim)" Psalm 82:6
"You are ALL Children of God (El)" Psalm 82:6
"They have become like US (Elohim)" Genesis 3:22
"Jesus answered them,“Is it not written in the Scriptures,‘I have said you are Gods.'?" John 10:34
So the Bible is a pack of lies in your opinion.
OK
No. YOU are a pack of lies.

Stop it with your cherry picking bullshit.

Location hidden

#537123 May 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:

You twist it to mean whatever your preachers tell you it means. I can do it to.
HA HA HA!!!

ME?!

You're the one interpreting scripture as if "putting it in your mouth" means a dick...

Location hidden

#537124 May 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who believe the Bible is the Word of God.
Jesus probably never ate pork. There is nothing in the Bible against drinking alcohol.
Wrong.

Those that read the OT and the OT only think eating pork is bad.

Location hidden

#537125 May 21, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Just one?
Practice, practice, practice.
It's a shit-eating grin, so.....

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#537126 May 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you lie ?
I have nothing against any drugs used in a responsible manner.
UNLESS it's a 'christian' who admits to using them! since it's always open-season to attack christians, according to your bigoted PC-nazi agenda, they can do NO right even when they're right!;)

Location hidden

#537127 May 21, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess every tragedy is another chance to sell Jesus. When you say take a moment to reflect on the pain, you really mean the pain of hell, don't you - not the pain of losing loved ones and homes, which was the decoy. I'm sure that you think that you're doing the right thing, but it seems a little opportunistic to me.
Consider this. She was talking about what you are doing:
“If you heard a marketer brag that he targets people who’ve been diagnosed with terminal illnesses because they’re easier targets, or a guy say he likes to cruise funerals because grieving women are easier to pick up, you’d think that person had no morals at all. But targeting people in moments of weakness to sell them religion is regarded as a normal and even virtuous strategy for proselytizing.”- Amanda Marcotte
Think about it.
"targeting people in moments of weakness to sell them religion"....

I suppose she's referring to something like a priest asking a dying person to accept Jesus.

What, if I may, would that priest be "selling".......?

The analogy is highly flawed. It's not like pharmaceuticals that MUST be purchased, not at all.
Malone

Bellevue, WA

#537128 May 21, 2013
God is good! Hey Irrira, Bernie, AnnieJ, Skom, Epiphany, Lawest, Phaerea, LeLe and anyone else I missed!

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#537129 May 21, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Our good morning again brother... I wonder just how seriously folk do understand re these signs true meaning? In these times they are more evident than ever.
There are many who remain in the safe haven… while many others work within the fields where that fear is heightened, in the face of disarming the thing, while they just stand back and watch! The trigger is in the hands of man... and lest there be no life left the days will be cut short,. that time is very close.
The children of the 3rd and 4th generations truly do inherit the fathers wrongs... this is so amplified in these times.
Hanging on is easy when we know who for... in between the work goes on... in even unsuspecting fields... the places they say 'where angels fear to tread'.
Yet even so... peace does abound, and blessings flow... there is not hand like His to lead the way!
How was your week end? We are now into Tues. 11am.
Good very early morning ( your time ) my sister, sad to say that most people are not cognizant of what is truly going on around them, specifically when it comes to the warnings of Bible Prophesy, because they either do not believe to begin with or they just don't take it seriously, there's a natural inclination to feel these things in the Bible are so far off that it doesn't directly have any baring on them in the least, but as the Word lets us know that there will be some who will be caught unaware.

Also the link I provided to another poster that contained scripture dealing with "cursed children" does hold true as you say, however it also lets us know how a person can bring themselves out from under that curse by submitting themselves unto God as it said that he will Bless those who love him.

God's peace my friend.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#537130 May 21, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Am 100% aware as stated...
Agreed... it was foretold and simply is...
Seems like you quoted the verse I was referring to in my previous posts... as once stated... the warriors code 'to know' why.
Or perhaps the one true spirit bringing the same thing to two different people with the same spirit, Ja?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#537131 May 21, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed my friend in deed... of course!
Did you go over any of the links which I posted you, as I did yours?
His Peace be to you too >>>Lawest<<< for without God in truth there would be none to call the day!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =GNIlYAVznYUXX&list=PL2xJs pzvHg5nvZNtAGFi3a9kiV4xEEuzg &index=30
Can't say that I have Irrira, most of my topix time has been spent dealing with others here as I'm sure you have read, but I will try to make time to check them out.

Blessings.(C:

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#537132 May 21, 2013
Malone wrote:
God is good! Hey Irrira, Bernie, AnnieJ, Skom, Epiphany, Lawest, Phaerea, LeLe and anyone else I missed!
Hey Malone!

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#537133 May 21, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello CS according to the strongs Greek and Hebrew dictionary, the greek was ee-ay-sooce' and the Hebrew was Yeh-ho-shoo'-ah, which is the same as you pointed out Yashua. Some might not understand that being the same but I am sure you are. I found it interesting following where that word comes from. yeh-shah or yay-shah and the meaning of those words. Anyway :) that wasn't what caught my eye about your post. It was Melkizedeck. That name always catches my eye. Another that always bothered me was Shadrach Meshach and Abednego. I always thought their given Hebrew names should be used.
Hmmm...Hi BMNTB. How's it going?

Well you are correct about using the original names. When Nebuchadnezzar changed the Hebrew boys names from Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah and from Daniel to Belshazzar in honor of their god Bel, these Hebrew's never kept these names.

IESVS in Greek misses the mark because in the first instance it broke a key principle. The YAH in Yahshuah (some say Yashua or Galilean Yeshua) is taken directly from his Father's name, YAH in Yahweh. So when Jesus came about, there was no relation to Yahweh so Yahweh was translated erroneously to Jehova,'JE' being the connection.

YHWH and YHSWH ('s' representing the Hebrew letter shin).

The Romans had a habit of taking on the deities of other nations they have conquered or absorbed. though persia by far had the largest pantheon of gods of any nation in history, the Romans quickly followed them. You can see how they borrowed or claimed the Greek gods for themselves and were also known to worship some Egyptian, Phoenician and Babylonian deities. Their behavior has caused even Christianity, which was warped by Constantine, who while accepted Christianity for himself on his death bed may never have been truly converted. It is sad how many falsities many of us worship these days and prefer to keep it that way. Sad but true.

Shalom.

Andrew (CS).

Location hidden

#537134 May 21, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
God takes care of even those who do not know Jesus as their Savior- I know that it is His hand that helped my husband get the diagnosis- Trusting Him always (((((Irrira))))))
That was a lovely song sung (c:
Psalm 46:1
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

How is he doing btw?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#537135 May 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar.
The word homosexual does not even exist in Koine Greek and is NOT in the New Testament.
Your religion is a proven pack of lies.
no I am not a liar, you are simply a brain dead moron who do not have the ability of God to rightly divide, discern or understand scripture on any feasible level, I never said that the actual term homosexuality ( as in that word itself ) is mentioned in the any part of the Bible OT or new, but it IS widely highlighted in the 1st chapter of Romans which leaves no doubt whatsoever about what is being discussed......homosexuality AND lesbianism, I have posted those scriptures more than twice and will do so again if you need me to.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#537136 May 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
If you aren;t a liar then you are incredibly stupid.
Your call.
Everything that you say to demean others are a direct projection of your own inabilities, you have proven it so time and time again, your spiritual state of being should be used to highlight as a stern warning to others as someone who God has turned over to a reprobate mind, pitifully believing their own Godless spewing.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#537137 May 21, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
I guess every tragedy is another chance to sell Jesus. When you say take a moment to reflect on the pain, you really mean the pain of hell, don't you - not the pain of losing loved ones and homes, which was the decoy. I'm sure that you think that you're doing the right thing, but it seems a little opportunistic to me. Consider this. She was talking about what you are doing:

“If you heard a marketer brag that he targets people who’ve been diagnosed with terminal illnesses because they’re easier targets, or a guy say he likes to cruise funerals because grieving women are easier to pick up, you’d think that person had no morals at all. But targeting people in moments of weakness to sell them religion is regarded as a normal and even virtuous strategy for proselytizing.”- Amanda Marcotte Think about it.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
"targeting people in moments of weakness to sell them religion".... I suppose she's referring to something like a priest asking a dying person to accept Jesus. What, if I may, would that priest be "selling".......?
That isn't an example of selling. Your analogy is flawed, since it isn't of an activity that produces a profit directly.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
The analogy is highly flawed.
Yeah, I thought so, too. But it's your analogy - not mine, nor that of the quote's author.

It's more like when I was at a funeral two years ago at an Anglican church, and the bastard in the dress asked us where we thought the deceased, an openly gay man, was presently, and where each of us thought we would be had it been us.

That may seem cool from a believer's perspective, but unless the thought of hell suddenly causes you to quiver, you're probably going to resent such self-serving opportunism. He was trolling for tithes.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#537138 May 21, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi lawest,
I see you are speaking the truth of GOds GRACE..Yes we are redeemed..Thank you Jesus..I have been trying to tell people this for almost a year now but for those who still don't get it, here is the definition of REDEEMED..
redeem.. make something acceptable: to make something acceptable or pleasant in spite of its negative qualities or aspects
restore reputation: to do something that changes a negative opinion to a positive one
atone for human sin: to pay for the sins of humanity with death on the Cross
With that being said, I hope everyone knows that once they accept Jesus Christ, God no longer see's their sins. We are hidden in Christ. We are MADE ACCEPTABLE Because of Jesus. That is HOW NO Sin will enter heaven...Because there isn't any sin because when do sin the bible tells us in John 1:16.. And of his fullness have all we received, and Grace for Grace. His Grace is sufficient and continues washing us and covering us. But the BEST part is this 1 John 4:17..As HE ( Jesus) IS , so are WE in this world."
1 John 4:17
Pretty Awesome huh? That's the GRACE message. Just wanted to share this with you. Meditate on this Please..
G/A Grace. very true message. Peace.

Location hidden

#537139 May 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"targeting people in moments of weakness to sell them religion"....
I suppose she's referring to something like a priest asking a dying person to accept Jesus.
What, if I may, would that priest be "selling".......?
The analogy is highly flawed. It's not like pharmaceuticals that MUST be purchased, not at all.
It is such a imaginary cliche anyway

I mean first of all, what is the scenario where someone is going around targeting people on their deathbeds? Would a priest come if called, I am sure. But targeting?

Second of all, like you said, what are they "selling"

The idea that they love a stranger they don't even know and are concerned about their soul and would do anything they could to help bring them to Christ before they died if the person so allowed them?

That is what is considered targeting?

These are the stories people tell themselves in certain circles. For all their claims of oppression, very few people are affected by religion that don't want to be in the day-to-day aspect of their lives. But the oppressions stories have to continue somehow so they come up with stuff like this. What do they tell each other, that roaming packs of priests kick down hospital doors and yell "repent sinner"

It takes a wild imagination to it into a bad thing that someone would give of themselves and their time with nothing in it for them to come rushing over to a total stranger who has some doubts about their unbelief now that they are approaching death's door.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#537140 May 21, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Lawest..Mobile 7 is me by the way. I was just trying to help you here. Although, G was right on a few things also. Don't you think that God see's ALL sin the same? If we actually dig deep enough in the Word, we can see that the ( Noun) SIN is actually talking about dis-belief..Lying, cheating, stealing and homosexual behavior is all an ACTION ( verb) of SIN. It isn't those actions of sin that will send anybody to hell but the NOUN version of SIN that will. " Disbelieve" I was amazed when I learned that. So many people want to mention 1 Cor.6 but if we keep it in context look what the very next verse says...Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. THE NEXT VERSE SAY"S
And that is what some of you "WERE". But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
Justified AND sanctified..Those 2 words are rarelt preached anymore but if you would look up the meaning of those 2 words, You will see the rest of the GRACE message..Just wanted to share some Good news with you..Hope you don't mind
No GW I don't mind, and I thank you for the assist, and would like to add as I've said in a post yesterday, that it is not just homosexual sin only but ALL sin pertaining to the sexual like fornication and adultery, I have no desire to which any homosexual or lesbian people harm in any way, I cannot support their actions in any manner and find it offensive when people compare their plight to Black people and the civil rights movement, but I don't hate them as I've been accused and I actually remind people from time to time who are heterosexual that living in fornication is just as condemnable, I've known men of whom some are friends of mine, who were very proud of the fact they they have fathered several children by several different women and married to none of them, same goes for adultery as well, but as the Word says, they glory in their shame.

Peace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Porkpie Hat 259,161
Word association game (Aug '08) 6 min andet1987 53,296
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 min bacon hater 95,428
Sexual Orientation is NOT a Choice 8 min andet1987 66
Last Word + 2 9 min andet1987 689
How many Americans don't like Obama......just b... 10 min andet1987 16
bless the jews (Nov '08) 12 min prayers 6,862
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min confrinting with ... 542,049
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 52 min Buck Crick 738,611
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Lyndi 173,638
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••