Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#537220 May 21, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, anyone can get a divorce now, but that's not because of the church softening its standards, it's because of secular law becoming the overarching law of the land.
I see this statement differently. I believe that churches have relented and don't speak of divorce as often. If they did...half of their members would probably walk out.

It is one of those subjects (IMO) that churches have had to tone down. If the divorce rate is between 40 and 50 percent (depending on what statistic you look at) almost half of those church members have divorced.

Church attendance is down...which means funding is down...can they really afford to make between 40 to 50 percent of the congregation angry?

When I was a child divorce was a big "no no" in the church but so was drinking...cursing....and a lot of other things. Things that just don't seem to matter to a good portion of Christians now.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#537223 May 21, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
OK
Prayer works for believers does it?
Why don't all those believers who claim that prayer works for them have a go at praying to their god to cure every sick child in the world of leukaemia?
Go on, try it. Instead of praying to your god that there'll be a space in town to park your car, try praying for the health of the world's sick children.
I guarantee you it won't work.
Wow.......you are an embarrassing "wealth of wisdom and knowledge" on these subjects, aren't you?.........a few truths to consider here, God does not necessarily cure everyone of all their ailments, often when someone prays on your behalf then at least on some level you yourself have to have faith to help put God's power into effect.....FAITH.......very sure that he can cure all ailments regardless without it, but that working through the power of faith is simply how he operates through and deals with man.

I have personally besought and asked my Bishop and overseer to pray for me on certain matters numerous times, he always agreed to do so but always reminds me to have some faith MYSELF to receive it. Did you know that the Apostle Paul himself mentioned an undisclosed illness that he suffered from, having asked God three times to remove it from him, and the Lord refused to do so citing to Paul that his ( God's ) grace was sufficient for Paul as God's strength is made perfect in weakness. He doesn't always heal everyone for whatever reason and when he does, not always completely for he can use us just as we are.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#537224 May 21, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I see.
So what you're saying is that "true love" is only possible between christians.
Not necessarily, some marriages works well from outside the realm of his church and spirit, but there are no guarantees on the outside of what have been discussed here.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#537225 May 21, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
you realy doesn't know what you belive it?
Your above statement makes no sense. Seems your firmware needs another upgrade.
dr Shrink wrote:
I am sure you believe owb glory,own halucinations, and owb imaginary doctrines,
You are struggling, and your Christian witness suffers terribly. Your church would not be proud of your behavior on this thread. Padre McFlarrity may need to have another word with you.

Have you been drinking the communion wine again? Fermented is it?
dr Shrink wrote:
you doesn't sound like saved by grace child of God
I have no idea which God you're talking about my drunk Christian friend. There are so many, thousands in fact. So many gods and idols, I have not the foggiest which one of these pagan dieties you call your god. My Elohiym is no god I can assure you, and He's far higher and more powerful than your Baal and Adonis Gods and Lords. Father McFlarrity is waiting for you.
dr Shrink wrote:
you behave like paranoical lunatic on this cyber space,
I suppose you don't own a mirror now do you. When and where was your last psychiatric evaluation done? Arkham Assylum for the criminally insane maybe?
dr Shrink wrote:
one time show up bambling nonsense,dissapear,then again show up like fumes of toilet stink,stinks around for few minutes and again gone,
so?

You seem to have a toilet fetish. Are you a Toilet Sexual?
You people get weirder by the day.

Padre McFlarrity and Cardinal Mirren awaits you at you church.
dr Shrink wrote:
You are wandering cyber deceived by devil TROLL
Your Christianity on display.

Failing grade:-10%
Poor

CS.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#537226 May 21, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Your response, nothing else. I hope all is well with you.
Shalom.
Andrew (CS).
And I took it for nothing more than that bro, was just curious that's all, Actually my amen's to Epi2's posted prayers are pretty much a daily routine thing, she said herself long ago that she does not word those prayers herself but copy and paste them from a faith based website.

Blessings my friend.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#537227 May 21, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
You are going in the right direction, shows you're a thinking man BT-42. The 120 Disciples (Talmidiym) and the apostles (Shlyahiym) were not Christians. Some say Christianity began in Damascus, most say Antioch, the latter specifically because the first popularly known Bishop was Ignatius of Antioch who died in 108 AD. It is said he was a student of John who eventually was martyred. All debatable.
The word Bishop is a Greco-Roman Christian term. Christianity never existed until the middle to late 2nd century. The true origins of it is unknown except some people suspect that Greco-Roman followers of the Hebrew movement brought it back to Rome and popularized it within the Empire under their label. Early Christianity may have involved Mythras, Ishtar and Dyonisus cult worship. It was a merge between the worship of IESVS (Iesus or Jesus) and many other pagan practices which in Jewish terms were not seen as kosher. Things like defiling the bayit (or house of worship) with the dead, praying at the gravesite, not observing the passover and several other commanded moed (feast days or Annual Shabbats), etc.
I've said enough for now.
I would love to hear your take, and I would also love Duane to give his input.
Shalom.
Andrew (CS).
I think you are at least partially right. The church of Jerusalem did not feel they were obligated or threatened by the western sects( who even sent money to them). That wasn't to last long. Within decades the Romans destroyed the temple and the city, and then another 70 years or so later, it was a replay, and that was pretty much the end of the original church.
Plato and the boys got their pieces inserted into the pie(with the help of Paul), and the the wicked domineers of the west managed to put together an empiracle theocracy that did not include the Jesus church or people who held it's message without corruption.
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#537229 May 21, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought YOU were a Christian?
Yet you claim I would try to hoodwink some "weak unsuspecting Christians"
hats an odd way to refer to your your brothers and sisters in Christ you don't even know. You figure there are a lot of "weak unsuspecting Christians" out there?
Another troll and his story comes crashing down!
Skomby, most born agains are people who hit bottom and suddenly found God in crisis, like you did perhaps, addicted and in jail etc. In spite of their new beliefs they still are what they were to some degree or another. Its a common problem in these parts that they take advantage of bretheren .
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#537230 May 21, 2013
I know there is a lot of weak unsuspecting Christians out there. They fill the coffers of all the greedy opportunists in more ways than one.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#537231 May 21, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I see this statement differently. I believe that churches have relented and don't speak of divorce as often. If they did...half of their members would probably walk out.
It is one of those subjects (IMO) that churches have had to tone down. If the divorce rate is between 40 and 50 percent (depending on what statistic you look at) almost half of those church members have divorced.
Church attendance is down...which means funding is down...can they really afford to make between 40 to 50 percent of the congregation angry?
When I was a child divorce was a big "no no" in the church but so was drinking...cursing....and a lot of other things. Things that just don't seem to matter to a good portion of Christians now.
I have to agree with you here. While I will say what I always do, thankful God has the final word my thinking here is that it is a narrow way, few that find it. Just thinking out loud but perhaps years ago many went to church not becasue they wanted to but it had more to do with the culture of the time? I'm only 39 and years ago it would have been unheard of to see signs on billboards proclaiming glory to no god via atheism. Today not so rare. One thing also of note: my folks have been married 46 years. At times many Christiains in this very forum have shared parts of their lives. Those that make it clear they hate God just use it to do what they do mock Him and those that serve Him. Mind you I say this not as a harp, just a note that those that are Christians should expect nothing less from this world and stay in the faith for His glory alone.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#537232 May 21, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
What does sealed unto the day of redemption mean?
It has to do with lottery tickets or tax returns, I think. LOL

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#537233 May 21, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> However a Godly woman's focus are on the things of God that transcend the fleshly wants and desire to the point that she makes herself satisfied in that marriage, as it has often been preached and obviously very true..........
.. you advocate a woman puts her needs on the back burner, correct? As a man, tell me the correct order of priorities for a woman:

1. God first,
2. Husband second,
3. Herself third

OR

1. Husband first,
2. God second,
3. Herself third.

.. if there are offspring, where do the children fit in ??..
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>.when a man and a woman marry's out of lust only, and when they become older and gravity sets upon the flesh and the fire has gone OUT........that marriage stands at least a 50-50 chance of not surviving...
.. so, with marriage, one should never consider physical attraction ??..
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> because true love was never an ingredient that exist in it from the beginning( granted in some rare cases true love can later develop ) but when true love is the motivating factor from the beginning, then it will stick.
.. how do you identify true love ??..

“"None shall pass"”

There

#537234 May 21, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
If my eyes are on you, they are not on God.
You need to look deeper.

"If you can not see the face of God in a blade of grass, you will never hear God's voice in the wind." - Me

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#537235 May 21, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Amen. Thank God.
I do. Most of the meida (news) in this nation calls New York city home. Many of the people in Ok. right now are hearing first hand from Christians and while they are letting them speak its clear they are a bit uh, bewilderd. Why would anyone glory God with what just happened to them? Imo thats the time to do it most.

With Established Harem

#537236 May 21, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> No sir, because I know that they are not real, but Jesus Christ makes himself known to those who believe on him through his spirit, and it not something that is material that it came be proven physically to anyone who do not believe, but it is revealed to us through faith in God through Christ Jesus, and we are witnesses with the evidence of his workings in our lives.
.. so, all other faiths, including Judaism, Islam and Hinduism, are false, correct? Are they inspired by Satan ??..

Location hidden

#537238 May 21, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks
The issue was "comfort"?
You gave me a testimony in which you concluded was comfort from a holy-spirit. Within that same experience, you felt adversity, whom, or what was the cause of that?
Remember it is always your conclusion as a result of how you feel, the "feelings" are not something outside of you.
Hello mike. Comfort is a feeling. This whole little game you are playing is getting quite boring. You want to ask what another feels and thinks. So, you can try to insult them. I have been kind and respectful to you. You have not been in return. You can waste your time responding if you like. But, I am not wsting anymore of my time with you. Have a good day.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#537239 May 21, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Suddenly you're a skeptic? Your avatar says, "Jesus is alive and risen!!!" You believe that a dead man was revivified and go so far as to base your life on it, but this you question?
Well played.
What do you care anyway?
RA is just an angry old coot that has nothing better to do in his life than insult people who don't buy his BS.

He has hated me since the first day I came here. Can't say I liked him much either.

Location hidden

#537241 May 21, 2013
Malone wrote:
God is good! Hey Irrira, Bernie, AnnieJ, Skom, Epiphany, Lawest, Phaerea, LeLe and anyone else I missed!
Hey Malone :) How's it going?

With Established Harem

#537242 May 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to look deeper.
"If you can not see the face of God in a blade of grass, you will never hear God's voice in the wind." - Me
.. if you would know the unknown, observe carefully the known ..

Location hidden

#537245 May 21, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm...Hi BMNTB. How's it going?
Well you are correct about using the original names. When Nebuchadnezzar changed the Hebrew boys names from Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah and from Daniel to Belshazzar in honor of their god Bel, these Hebrew's never kept these names.
IESVS in Greek misses the mark because in the first instance it broke a key principle. The YAH in Yahshuah (some say Yashua or Galilean Yeshua) is taken directly from his Father's name, YAH in Yahweh. So when Jesus came about, there was no relation to Yahweh so Yahweh was translated erroneously to Jehova,'JE' being the connection.
YHWH and YHSWH ('s' representing the Hebrew letter shin).
The Romans had a habit of taking on the deities of other nations they have conquered or absorbed. though persia by far had the largest pantheon of gods of any nation in history, the Romans quickly followed them. You can see how they borrowed or claimed the Greek gods for themselves and were also known to worship some Egyptian, Phoenician and Babylonian deities. Their behavior has caused even Christianity, which was warped by Constantine, who while accepted Christianity for himself on his death bed may never have been truly converted. It is sad how many falsities many of us worship these days and prefer to keep it that way. Sad but true.
Shalom.
Andrew (CS).
Excellent inforomation. Good piece.

Location hidden

#537246 May 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It has to do with lottery tickets or tax returns, I think. LOL
Hahaha good answer :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Buck Crick 63,251
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min kent 653,600
Watch Video: Hemy Neuman Guilty But Mentally Il... (Mar '12) 6 min zionism is racism 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Happy Lesbo 973,550
Rudy Says Hillary Is A Sick Old Buzzard 38 min Rider on the Storm 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 45,224
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 1 hr Eagle 12 9,361
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Neville Thompson 281,817
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Lbj 106,465
More from around the web