|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
What Christians
Bongo isn;t a Christian
LeLe isn't a Christian
I don't know what Grace considers herself. But she doesn't believe anything in the bible applies to her that isn't written by Paul. And if she thinks other believers are promoting an agenda by satan and don't have the truth and are pharisees and blind and etc, etc then I can only imagine what she truly thinks of unbelievers
You must be getting more desperate than I thought to be happy about that one!
It is something. I have to wonder... I wonder why any that don't stand for God or trust Him would care? I'm with you bro. Have not had much time this day but I've seen quite a few people smear you and outright lie about you. Praying for those that got hit by todays storms. Take care.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
hick-up wrote:
And there it is folks. If you don't get it, read it again ...what Ians just told you is correct.
<quoted text>
.. HU doesn't take sides, he expresses opinion. Neat quality to have. I like him ..
.. don't do a SKOM, OK ??..
I like Skom.

"Sometimes it's hard to see the true character of the opponent until the battle is over." ~ My Master

I think the battle should be over.
Bongo

Bayport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
What Christians
Bongo isn;t a Christian
LeLe isn't a Christian
I don't know what Grace considers herself. But she doesn't believe anything in the bible applies to her that isn't written by Paul. And if she thinks other believers are promoting an agenda by satan and don't have the truth and are pharisees and blind and etc, etc then I can only imagine what she truly thinks of unbelievers
You must be getting more desperate than I thought to be happy about that one!
Yes I am skomby. And if judgement begins in the house of God......

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure the minority can enjoy the same rights and freedoms as the majority. I didn’t say that they didn’t. But the majority rule by vote.
Who stepped in it?
That is exactly right

It is not like every citizen is a king of their own monarchy
The United States is a democracy

That means laws are passed my majority vote on local, state, and federal levels.

Everyone is subject to those laws. Every citizen should have the same rights under the law

Below is actually a very good article, here is an excerpt:

Majority Rule/Minority Rights: Essential Principles

"Thus, while it is clear that democracy must guarantee the expression of the popular will through majority rule, it is equally clear that it must guarantee that the majority will not abuse use its power to violate the basic and inalienable rights of the minority.

http://www.democracyweb.org/majority/principl...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Yes I am skomby. And if judgement begins in the house of God......
five
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority only rule when what they vote on doesn't violate the Constitution. That's why DOMA and California's Proposition 8 are now before the Supreme Court.
My mouth is not immoral. Have you seen my mouth? My teeth are perfect :)
You don't have to accept anything I say. That's what's cool about this country. I am free to express my views. You are free to dismiss them.
We vote, the ones with the most votes wins. That is all I meant. The majority get what they want, not the minority.

It works the other way around too Alice. I am free to express my views. You are free to dismiss them.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure my Triplet!:)
That was great. It looked like he was being knocked around from it all till they slowed it down. He doesn’t seem to let it bring him down. Good for him!
Gee thanx... so long as there is peace between us that's cool by me. <3
See why it doesn't bring him down!
&li st=PL2xJspzvHg5n2W7yLJqF-MrXXL pMFi-dL&index=2
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
That was funny. Talk about flapping lips.
You just gotta love those lips!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I like Skom.
"Sometimes it's hard to see the true character of the opponent until the battle is over." ~ My Master
:)

Yeah even for me i am getting kind of bored with that

You keep impressing me my friend

I saw a good quote the other day as I was looking for an old one about the root of evil. But you might like this one

"What ever the motive for the insult, it is always best to overlook it; for folly doesn't deserve resentment, and malice is punished by neglect."

~Samuel Johnson

I wish I could remember the other one as it was really good. I posted it in here once before. If I find it i will repost it

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes blocking the road is a good thing. Like when you know there was a landslide and the other person didn’t so would drive right off the mountain. Now if they knew it and chose to anyway… as long as it didn’t affect the blocker.
Landslides tend to block roads on their own. I find redundancy to be a waste of time.

Trying to stop an adult from doing something that only hurts himself is not only futile but extremely arrogant.

I don't consume alcohol. That's my choice. I also don't eat or wear things that come from once sentient animals. Would it be right for me to impose that rule on you?
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly right
It is not like every citizen is a king of their own monarchy
The United States is a democracy
That means laws are passed my majority vote on local, state, and federal levels.
Everyone is subject to those laws. Every citizen should have the same rights under the law
Below is actually a very good article, here is an excerpt:
Majority Rule/Minority Rights: Essential Principles
"Thus, while it is clear that democracy must guarantee the expression of the popular will through majority rule, it is equally clear that it must guarantee that the majority will not abuse use its power to violate the basic and inalienable rights of the minority.
http://www.democracyweb.org/majority/principl...
Thank you Skombolis, I will put it in Favorites

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

atheists are smarter wrote:
<quoted text>
a young man, a JW visited me for over two years, to save my soul, we talked of may things.
In those two years, I took his faith from him, and saved his life.
That was a good thing you did and was there to help, cause heaven knows one doesn't have to be a Christian to save another's life.
But Ja... they can be a bit testy. Guess you didn't see when I posted the other day bout my friend in Africa. I was there when 2 JW's called in, and the friends immediately called Satan who came racing round the corner all big and black and full of teeth. I've seen folk leave before but not in such a hurry they forgot to close the gate they opened... so Satan had a ball chasing them down the road too. He was a big black Dane.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you thrive on conflict and rarely debate issues ..
.. but, I must admit, your regular rants make for a rather interesting character study and a few chuckles ..
.. as usual, I give you the final closing statement. Have fun ..
Well it is only fair i get the last statement HL

For all your talk about how you take the higher road, you are always the one starting it

Or was the 5th time you told someone "don't pull a Skom" meant to elicit a positive response?

It really is not as hard as you make it seem to be honest. You should give it a shot.For whatever reasons you seem to have all sorts of trouble dealing with things on their own terms. Why does life make you so uncomfortable that you have to joke about sex anytime something gets too real or that you can't face the smallest unpleasant truth about yourself?

Maybe instead of going into default mode of sexual innuendo or passive-aggressive insults you could simply approach things straight-forward and honest?

Just a thought

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I like Skom.
ditto
&li st=PL2xJspzvHg5lRqm4XBdLrEEUux L91-6cp&index=22
Operation Brave Heart

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Only Jesus should be your master.
Jesus is dead. My Master, while not young, still breathes.

I heard that you married Das Vaterland. How's that working out for you? He's not as fat as he once was, right?

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I like Skom.
.. it's about the excitement of battle ..

.. I surrendered to Skom long ago. I'm no match for him, he's too powerful ..

"War grows out of the desire of the individual to gain advantage at the expense of his fellow man." Napoleon Hill

“Squirrel Shelter”

Since: Dec 06

Smalltown, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Hey Skom,

Just passing through and waving.

Son's got me a new puter, windows 8. Not too sure I like it.

Miss all my friends here, see a lot of new faces. Finally Spring is here, in the 80's today, hope all is well with you.

Peace and peppermint,

J_Dub

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
We vote, the ones with the most votes wins. That is all I meant. The majority get what they want, not the minority.
That's not true. It's probably my fault that you don't understand. I'm not explaining it correctly.
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>

It works the other way around too Alice. I am free to express my views. You are free to dismiss them.
Exactly :)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
It is something. I have to wonder... I wonder why any that don't stand for God or trust Him would care? I'm with you bro. Have not had much time this day but I've seen quite a few people smear you and outright lie about you. Praying for those that got hit by todays storms. Take care.
If Topix could bother me my friend i would have to be a shut-in cause I don't know how other people get through real life with the way it seems to impact them. The over-use of icons and proxies alone from adults are just bizarre. I think some people truly prefer an online fantasy to real life. I mean in here, Ians is leading a two country growing tidal wave against Christianity.

But it is an interesting question. Some people will act flat out offended when people even express their beliefs despite coming ina room where they know they will hear them. The most used mantra is "don't force your beliefs on me". It would be logical to think they don't want anything to do with it. Yet they spend day and night and night and day talking about a faith and God they don't believe in

If I had to guess, people with nothing going on it their life just don't have anything less to do. I know for me I would never spend any significant type debating or discussing someone else's religion. And we are not even talking societal impact, which on a day to day level has next to zero on people anyway. But they come here to argue scripture and theology and interpretation. I mean, how can they even pretend that has any relevance to them?

I really think it is just what it seems. Bitterness breeds resentment which breeds hate. And people like ot be contrarians anyway, it makes them feel smarter. So they sit around and tell themselves how much smarter they are then most the population. I think they just are mad they feel they have been marginalized. Some constantly have the need to explain why they don't believe and I just keep saying i don't care. believe, don't believe, do what you want

They want to feel like they mean so much to us and their opinion of our faith just upsets us so. But I guarantee there are some situations that only they could know about that just drives this anger. Who knows, maybe a Christian knocked their ice-cream cone into the mud when they were a kid?

They are gonna empty out their icon supply on this one!

(T) Peace

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I would ask for more life but I have been given more in my life already than most have in several lifetimes. I will take exactly what I haqve been given and appreciate it and ask for no more. If I am given more I will accept it with open arms. If not, I accept that too.
I am not afraid of anything beyond death. I am just greedy and want more of this life.
Thanks for your kind words, prayers are accepted. <smile>
Sometimes I have no words only feelings... and the one who impressed my the most the day after my very young husband died so sudden in Africa got as far as the front door, said “I won't come in I can see your alright... I'll come back another day.”
But still sending much Love just the same.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have considered you a friend for quite a while.
… me too (((*()*)))
Bongo

Bayport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
five
Whats with the number counting, is that a jailhouse thing? You need to stop majoring in the minors. Don't mangle this, concentrate.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Joyful8118 732,194
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min HipGnosis 173,226
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min KiMare 226,039
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 14 min yon 2,379
Gay Pakistani snapchat 16 min INDIAN LAD 30 LON... 3
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 21 min Porkpie Hat 259,629
Animal Crossing New Leaf Friend codes (Jun '13) 23 min Pixel love 156
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 58 min seriously the ori... 538,356

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••