Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#536692 May 20, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is it written that the sin of stealing or lying is the same like homosexuality?
Answering a question with a question is quite rude...

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#536694 May 20, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is something you are born into. Jews are jews because their parents are jews. Moslems are moslems because their parents were christian, Some leave the church when the become adults others before. I don´t know what you are trying to say. We still live in a civilized world and not in Sodom and Gomorrah. The question is how should I threat you?
I agree.

There's no getting away from the fact, that for the vast majority of believers, parentage and country of birth dictate just what their belief is.

People don't chose their religion by carrying out in-depth studies of all the others and deciding which one has the best ethics, miracles, etc.

If the christians in here had been born to muslim families in Saudi Arabia they would, invariably, be muslims. If they'd been born in India, it's odds on they'd be worshipping the many hindu deities.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#536695 May 20, 2013
Adam wrote:
@RiversideRedneck
I remember eating pork and drinking alcohol is also considered as a sin but it´s not a mortal sin.
So how can you weigh this with the abominable sin of homosexuality?
Eating pork and drinking alcohol are not sins, not to most people.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#536696 May 20, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Please go back and see how you attack others Skom. Almost everyone of your post is sarcastic or either blaming others for everything that you do. One day, you will have to start taking blame for your own actions. I was also an addict but I don't place the blame on anybody but myself. Nobody forced me to do anything and I am sure nobody forced you. During your active addiction, those dealers were probably your best friends and the doctors were doing their jobs. Be a man and take responsibilities for your own words and actions. If you come to a public forum and place your opinion on something, believe it or not, somebody will disagree with you. If you can't take it, stop dishing it out. You will never get no where in this big ole world if you never admit that you are a victim of your own choices. This "poor me" mentality is rather annoying to say the least.
You are delusional or a deliberately dishonest

I have said more times than you can count that I am not complaining at all about anything anybody has said to me

Just don't be dishonest and claim you don't attack people when you do. Don't compare what people believe to the devil and then cry when you are rebuffed or act like you have no idea what you did. Don't try to judge others for doing exactly what you do

These are very simple points about not being dishonest or a hypocrite

I can handle you and dozens like you at the same time without breaking a sweat. Why would I cry 'poor me'?

Let me know if you still don't understand. If somehow you still are confused and still think it bothers me, upsets me, that I am asking for help, or that I think I need or want help, please save this post. Short of hand-puppets I don't know how to make it any clearer

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#536697 May 20, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the says there is.
However, it's not homosexuality.
Well.....? What?

Watford, UK

#536698 May 20, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the says there is.
However, it's not homosexuality.
Sorry.

That should read "the bible says there is"
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#536699 May 20, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Get out of my way you wicked tasmanian devil.What I have written has nothing to do with what you write.
Of course! That's y it annoys u so much.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#536700 May 20, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not suggesting we ban pain medications
I am not suggesting they can't be very helpful as people sould not suffer needlessly
I am not even suggesting someone may not make the conscious choice to be addicted if they are in chronic pain or going to die if they prefer that over the pain
What I am saying is people need to correct information so they can make informed choices. And often they do not get that because there is huge profit in getting people addicted to pain medications. Doctors that make a living on the repeat business. Doctors that make someone pay for an office visit every month to get a new script for the drug they got them addicted to
What I am saying not knowing the facts makes apathy so much easier. Who cares about the millions addicted around the world because they were just mentally weak and brought it on themselves. They were not smart enough not to get addicted. They could quit anytime as it is just in their head. These lies allow us not to care and keep a billion dollar machine running smoothly
It is the same with the criminal Justice system. Nobody wants to believe it targets blacks or the poor or that laws are created specifically to target certain demos. Nobody wants to think that prosecutors lie and forensic labs cheat and cops are dirty in some cases. It is so much easier to believe a country with the highest percentage of people locked up per capita is just locking up criminals like they are supposed. It would be uncomfortable to believe justice has way less to do with it than profit a lot of the times. Until it happens to them or a loved one
Why do you think 5% of the country controls 95% of the wealth? Because the people interested in maintaining the status quo know what lies to feed us. And most the time we don't bother to check or don't care enough to. Or even suspect there is a reason they would need to. And money makes the world go around for another day
I make no argument as I am sure there is much truth in this post.

I would like to point out that people need to practice responsibility and become more proactive in their personal healthcare, as well as the institution of life/living.

PC's are everywhere, one needn't own one to have access to one. Anyone can google a drug/perscription name and gather a wealth of info. The problem is, unless one practice's learning, one forgets how to learn.
1) They fail to scim ...opting instead to read one time hopeing to gather all the info in that one reading.
2) They fail to write down keywords, make notes, highlight passages, and look up definitions for words they don't understand.
3) They fail to reread and make use of all they have learned with their keywords, notes, and definitions.
4) They fail to lay it aside when it becomes too mindbogling and return later in the quiet with a clear and open mind.

They fail to be proactive and responsibile opting instead to take their chances. Their lazyness will be their undoing.

So the medical practicioner pays a higher insurance premium ...and we all pay more for a visit, and for R/x.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#536701 May 20, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
I make no argument as I am sure there is much truth in this post.
I would like to point out that people need to practice responsibility and become more proactive in their personal healthcare, as well as the institution of life/living.
PC's are everywhere, one needn't own one to have access to one. Anyone can google a drug/perscription name and gather a wealth of info. The problem is, unless one practice's learning, one forgets how to learn.
1) They fail to scim ...opting instead to read one time hopeing to gather all the info in that one reading.
2) They fail to write down keywords, make notes, highlight passages, and look up definitions for words they don't understand.
3) They fail to reread and make use of all they have learned with their keywords, notes, and definitions.
4) They fail to lay it aside when it becomes too mindbogling and return later in the quiet with a clear and open mind.
They fail to be proactive and responsibile opting instead to take their chances. Their lazyness will be their undoing.
So the medical practicioner pays a higher insurance premium ...and we all pay more for a visit, and for R/x.
I agree everybody has to take much larger role in their own lives when it comes to things that affect them

Should I person be able to trust that their doctor has taken the time to learn all there is to learn and then will act in a way that is solely dictated by what is best for the patient and not his pocketbook? In a perfect world sure. But we live in a world far from perfect

Whether it is doctors, government, law, or something as simple as shopping for a car we need to take it upon ourselves to find out all we can. With the Internet there is a lot of information at our fingertips. I don't want to go so far as saying people are at fault necessarily because they trusted someone wouldn't rip them off but at the same time it is just hard to justify not taking every precaution we can. Expect the best and be prepared for the worse

The real problem is the demos like the elderly or people that simply don't have the time, resources, or maybe even the know how to figure out all this stuff. It can be overwhelming. And often the red tape and confusing language is done intentionally to make it hard for people to figure things out. Trying to get someone signed up for the right medicare plan for instance is very, very hard if you don't spend untold hours learning the system.

I wish there was a better solution but I have to agree that if we expect others to do it for us, even if it is their job, well these days it is hard to act surprised if it doesn't go well. It may be a cynical view but i think it is also realistic

(T) Peace

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#536702 May 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Even though he used it wrong and out of context?
Hey, sounds just like what all of your ilk do!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#536704 May 20, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, sounds just like what all of your ilk do!
Sometimes, yes.

But you won't see me agreeing with someone taking a scripture out of context...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#536705 May 20, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the bible they are sins.
Because they're unclean, right?
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#536707 May 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me ask you this, Adam.
If you, a straight man, meets a girl somewhere and have sex with her, isn't that a mortal sin, too?
Yeah, he's a hypocrite!

Watford, UK

#536708 May 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well.....? What?
It's denying/blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

You can rape a nun and petrol bomb the Sunday School outing and you can still be saved.

However, blaspheme against the Holy Spirit and you're screwed.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#536709 May 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That's already been well established.
The Dimwit never puts up OR shuts up, is without honor or dignity, and won't take responsibility for his own crap. He forgives himself, blames others, and slurs them with unsupportable claims from the bilge of his drug damaged, antisocial cesspool of a mind.
What you say here is the truth..
I am upset with myself for- once again- feeding his desire to
fight - he will never put the boxing gloves down..
I have to learn to walk away even when the desire to defend myself against his unfounded attacks is so strong..

If he is an example of what Christianity does for one's heart..
then Christianity is indeed in big trouble.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#536710 May 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well.....? What?
Blaspheming against the Holy Spriggan.

http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/552...

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#536711 May 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Oh, you mean indirectly....
Ok.
Have you seem the new Star Trek?
I have experienced it in 3D.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#536712 May 20, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. A lot of people here have missed getting to know some nice people that have quit posting. And the ones that don’t post any longer have missed meeting some nice people that came along later. Then there are a few jerks that, if it were me, I would be glad I missed or would not have minded not meeting. Oh well, it makes knowing the nice one that muck better.
Oh just so you know, I’m glad we met my Twin.:)
I don't know HFN. I tend to believe that each person that we meet can change our lives...be that Gift of Grace...if we allow it.

If you think about those that you would rather not have met...even they have given you an opportunity to grow. The way that I see it...they have given you a reason to "find your voice"...become more sure in what you believe...speak up against what you don't believe.

I also think that those that represent the non-Christian view point has benefited the Christians that gather here on this thread. Not so long ago many here were ripping each other apart...some of the same ones that have now united for a common cause.

Look at it this way HFN...this little heathen taught you to dance with a lampshade on your head! You will no longer view that shade the same! LOL

Yeah I know...a vision that you might could have done without!

Okay...back to my regularly scheduled program...

:-)

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#536713 May 20, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
It was pretty fantastic.
My fiance loved it too, said it was the "first real Star Trek movie in a while."
If you like that kind of thing, you should go see it. I highly recommend it.
I'm actually in my early twenties, can;t wait to see the new things that come about in the future, even though I'm pretty happy about the present.
Thanks..Maybe I will check it out.
Early twenties?? Well, you are wise beyond your years.

I trust you will never let others dictate who you are and that
you will forever stay true to your heart, to yourself..
Wish I didn't have to tell you to guard your heart..but, this world
can be so cruel..*sigh*

I have a ton of things to get done before I begin dinner..
Hope you are enjoying your day off..

See you later.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#536714 May 20, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks..Maybe I will check it out.
Early twenties?? Well, you are wise beyond your years.
I trust you will never let others dictate who you are and that
you will forever stay true to your heart, to yourself..
Wish I didn't have to tell you to guard your heart..but, this world
can be so cruel..*sigh*
I have a ton of things to get done before I begin dinner..
Hope you are enjoying your day off..
See you later.
Hey Le le!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min justthefacts 981,410
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Michael 673,408
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 26 min Lonestar 104,828
News Judge allows Oregon resident to be genderless 52 min East Coast Larry 2
News Michael Jackson broke down racial barriers (Jun '09) 54 min Mojo Hojo 1,562
News Continue reading O'Reilly wig comment just the ... 1 hr slick willie expl... 3
Well.......now I KNOW I won't buy with Amazon.com 3 hr Pizza Delivery 2
More from around the web