Why Should Jesus Love Me?

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#536277 May 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it depressing that someone's beliefs can lead them to such a dismal world view.
Yes, there is a lot of misery in this world but there is much more beauty and wonder. Even as I ponder my own end it is the decades of wonderful memories that surround me, not the few years of utter hell, that comfort me and long for my life to never end. There is still another lifetime's worth of things to do and marvel at!
IMHO, any afterlife described by any religion would be "Hell".
Are you dying, G_O_D?

I know, we all are but is there something wrong presently?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#536278 May 19, 2013
Controversies hurting Obama? Has GOP overreacted?
politicalmugshot
Posted by
CNN Political Unit

Washington (CNN)– President Barack Obama comes out of what was arguably the worst week of his presidency with his approval rating holding steady, according to a new national poll.

But a CNN/ORC International survey released Sunday morning also indicates that congressional Republicans are not overplaying their hand when it comes to their reaction to the three controversies that have consumed the nation's capital over the past week and a half. And the poll finds that a majority of Americans take all three issues seriously.

According to the survey, which was conducted Friday and Saturday, 53% of Americans say they approve of the job the president is doing, with 45% saying they disapprove. The president's approval rating was at 51% in CNN's last poll, which was conducted in early April.

"That two-point difference is well within the poll's sampling error, so it is a mistake to characterize it as a gain for the president," says CNN Polling Director Keating Holland. "Nonetheless, an approval rating that has not dropped and remains over 50% will probably be taken as good news by Democrats after the events of the last week."

The CNN poll is in-line with Gallup, which also indicated a very slight rise in Obama's approval rating over the same time period. And Gallup's daily tracking poll also indicated a slight upward movement of Obama's approval rating over the past week. But as with the CNN poll, it was within that survey's sampling error.

More than seven in 10 in the CNN poll say that the targeting by the Internal Revenue Service of tea party and other conservative groups that were applying for tax exempt status was unacceptable. While the White House and both parties in Congress are criticizing the IRS actions, congressional Republicans are depicting the controversy as a case of the federal government gone wild.

Continued

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#536279 May 19, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You're preseverating, Dimwit.
Did you remember your drool bucket?
LOL, still can't think of a way out of that lie huh?

You publicly accused a man of stealing with no proof based on nothing but bigotry

When it comes to ethics, we can do better

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#536280 May 19, 2013
Part Two:

But more than six in 10 say that the president's statements about the IRS scandal are completely or mostly true, with 35% not agreeing with Obama's characterizations. And 55% say that IRS acted on its own, with 37% saying that White House ordered the IRS to target tea party and other conservative groups.

Only 42% of the public is satisfied with how the Obama administration has handled the September attack in Benghazi, Libya, which left the U.S ambassador to that country and three other Americans dead. Fifty-three percent say they are dissatisfied. But those numbers are virtually unchanged from November.

Republicans have ripped the administration for not providing adequate security for the Benghazi mission, botching the response to it, and misleading the public for political gain with the attack coming less than two months before last November's presidential election.

According to the poll, 44% say statements made by the Obama administration soon after the attack were an attempt to intentionally mislead the public. Half of those questioned say those statements reflected what the Obama administration believed, at the time, had occurred.

But 59% now say that the U.S government could have prevented the attack in Benghazi, up 11 points from last November. And only 37% say that congressional Republicans are overreacting in their handling of the matter, with 59% saying they've reacted appropriately.

It's the same story on the IRS controversy, with 54% saying the GOP in Congress has not overplayed its hand.

The White House has also been criticized by Congress for the Justice Department's secret collection of phone records from the Associated Press as part of a government investigation into classified leaks. According to the poll, 52% say the Justice Department's actions were unacceptable, with 43% saying they disagree.

Americans appear to be taking all three controversies very seriously, with 55% saying the IRS and Benghazi matters are very important to the nation and 53% saying the same thing about the AP case.

"More Republicans than Democrats or Independents say these three issues are very important to the nation, but even among Democrats, nearly half say the matters are very serious," Holland adds.

Are Americans’ trust in the government shaken?

Only 43% say they have a great deal or some confidence in the people who run the federal government. But 56% say they have a great deal or some confidence in the system of government.

The CNN poll was conducted by ORC International between May 17-18, with 923 adults nationwide questioned by telephone. The survey's sampling error is plus or minus three percentage points.

– CNN Political Editor Paul Steinhauser contributed to this report.

Filed under: CNN/ORC International poll • IRS • Libya • Polls • President Obama

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#536281 May 19, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Sad it is indeed my sister, and what's even more frightening is that we know from the Word that it is going to get much worse before it gets any better, you right when you say that all these things are connected at the roots if not so much outwardly, and we know that root is the sin nature of man which is bringing it down upon the world through disobedience to God almigthy.
Blessings.
Greetings again my friend. The roots are deep - very deep - and go back a long way beyond where the eye can see... where the heavens meet the earth... where the oceans meet the sea... where the
the damage is done...
http://new-world-order-plan.org/nwo-plans/new...
1 Peter 3
3 This first understand, that there shall come in the last days, mockers, which will walk after their lusts, 4 And say, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the Fathers died, all things continue alike from the beginning of the creation. 5 For this they willingly know not, that the heavens were of old, and the earth that was of the water, and by the water, by the word of God. 6 Wherefore the world that then was, perished, overflowed with the water. 7 But the heavens and earth, which are now, are kept by the same word in store, and reserved unto fire against the day of condemnation, and of the destruction of ungodly men. 8 Dearly beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord, as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord of that promise is not slack (as some men count slackness) but is patient toward us, and would have no man to perish, but would all men to come to repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in the which the heavens shall pass away with a noise, and the elements shall melt with heat, and the earth with the works that are therein shall be burnt up.
^^^
http://www.youtube.com/whttp://new-world-orde... atch?v=gJe7fY-yowk&list=PL 2xJspzvHg5lMkzgThjdBIyqkvKDBti H3&index=18
This... is my watch... the burning tree with many branches... that consumes.

“Who will speak for Earth?”
'Every thinking person fears nuclear war, and every technological nation, plans for it. Everyone knows it's madness, and every country has ...an excuse. There's a dreary chain of causality. The German's were working on the bomb at the beginning of World War 11, so the Americans had to make one first. If the Americans had one, the Russians had to have one, then the British, French, the Chinese, the Indians, and the Pakistanis. Many nations collected these weapons; they're easy to make. You can steal fissionable material for nuclear reactors. Nuclear weapons have almost become a home hand-craft home industry.'(Quote) Dr Carl Sagan

“For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whoever believes in him will not perish... but have ever lasting Life” John 3 16
God Bless

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#536282 May 19, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
J*o*i*n*i*n*g t*h*e d*o*t*s
... to say hello >>>Deb<<< and simply add,
Matthew 18
18 At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?
2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.
6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
^^^
mmmmmmmmmm
How readily a child can believe in the impossible so simply without dissecting it.
Love Always Sister Friend... God Bless.
Amen

(((((Irrira))))))

Love to you dear sister ~ His blessings surround us.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#536283 May 19, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Very true happenings Irrira, what many do not understand however is that the U.S. cannot strecth itself too thin by trying to police the whole world, what I don't understand is that President Obama has threatened military action if the regime in syria "cross the line" being using chemical weapons, what's the difference in killing your civilians with chemical weapons as opposed to the way they are killing them now?.......killing is killing, and while I personally am not calling for action against the syrian government, then why wait for the use of chemical weapons if we have any intention of convening?
Peace.
I realise that I come into the world at 'the end' of everything, only to find the fields of truth flooded with false... in just about everything'!

Deuteronomy 31
The Song of Moses
30 Then Moses spoke in the hearing of all the assembly of Israel the words of this song until they were ended:
.... Ch. 32
1 “Give ear, O heavens, and I will speak; And hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.
2 Let my teaching drop as the rain, My speech distill as the dew, As raindrops on the tender herb,
And as showers on the grass. 3 For I proclaim the name of the Lord: Ascribe greatness to our God."
… to the end.
God Bless Brother... There is much to be done.

Location hidden

#536284 May 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Boo-frigging-hoo. If you're looking for my sympathy, you're months too late for that.
LOL, wow you are more delusional than I thought! Why would i want sympathy from a bigot drug pusher?
Talk to a smoker that can't quit
I have quit smoking before and quit opiates. It is not even a contest. But then again, you didn't even know opiates were physically addictive. Yet you did know cigarettes were. But you were not getting paid to get people to smoke so that's probably why you knew. You were however making good money getting people hooked on opiates. Thats probably why you never bothered to find out. If that is even true. It is hard to believe you were this bad of a doctor but it is the one thing about you I actually believe might be the truth. You are every bit as ignorant about addiction as you appear, despite writing thousands of scripts for addictive medications
Yes, I do. And *you* and people like you are the biggest part of their problem.
<quoted text>
Do you take any responsibility for your choices?
My choice to follow the instructions of my doctor? If i knew more doctors like you before hand I would feel more responsible. As it is, I never suspected going in that the prescription he prescribed to me to take daily was going to lead to the terrible addiction it did. I didn't even know i was addicted until 2 years into taking the medication when I ran out early.

But this might be the thing in real life you are actually accomplishing some good with. Hopefully people can get a first-hand look at how the mind of a pimp doctor works and how they just write script after addictive script and wash their hands of the whole deal and just keep cashing their checks

We can do so much better than you

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#536285 May 19, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>>>>>>Ir rira<<<<<
Good evening my friend ( my time ) the news events and the signs of the times are interesting of course, but there is no fear here as well as I know that I am IN the secret place of the most high, all we have to do is hang on a little while longer my friend and we will be home free with the Lord.
Peace and God's Blessings.
I Peter 3
13 But we look for new heavens, and a new earth, according to his promise, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot and blameless.
15 And suppose that the long suffering of our Lord is salvation, even as our beloved brother Paul according to the wisdom given unto him wrote to you.
16 As one that in all his Epistles speaketh of these things: among the which, some things are hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable, wrest, as they do also other Scriptures unto their own destruction.
17 Ye therefore beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware, lest ye be also plucked away with the error of the wicked, and fall from your own steadfastness.
18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ: to him be glory both now and for evermore. Amen.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#536286 May 19, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen
(((((Irrira))))))
Love to you dear sister ~ His blessings surround us.
>>> DeB <<<
~~echo~~
And they call across the crowded room in a whisper!
^^^
... am hoping 'lil whisper' is OK ???

Location hidden

#536287 May 19, 2013
<quoted text>
If I made it up, I finished making up my story last February, right here on this thread:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
That was a foolish way to present your challenge. Couldn't you see that if you were wrong, and that if I had answered this question already, which should have seemed overwhelmingly likely to you, that you would be made a fool of again? Of course you didn't.
Do you think that others can't discern if I am telling the truth or not? Why can't you? You keep coming at me as if I am a liar that spins his own reality, and you keep getting burned.
Look at my definition of intelligence in the last post again.
Like I said,I didn't know if you were lying or not. I actually was hoping you were as post after post it just kept becoming more clear what a terrible doctor you were. Call it wishful thinking on my part that a known bigot and liar was actually lying the one time it would be for the best. Unfortunately, it would appear you actually were a doctor. Or at least you have stuck to the same story. Your poor patients. At least you are retired now

Tell me, NOW do you realize prolonged opiate use leads to physical addiction that is measured by the amount of physical withdrawal? You know, like how you know cigarettes are physically addictive?

I mean I know it doesn't do your patients any good that years after retiring you actually learned something about the addictive medications you were prescribing, but for some reason it still just seems lie something you should know. Maybe if you were a better person you might even do something to make amends for writing so many addictive scripts with no clue of the damage you were causing as you blamed your patients for being mentally weak because they became physically addicted to a drug you kept prescribing

Although I am sure the odds are about 1000 to 1 you will go to your grave convinced your hands are clean. It is why you make such a good bigot. A person has to be completely self-blind and in denial top believe the lies he tells himself. Although now I actually think it was a good idea you didn't take the Hippocratic oath. What a joke that would have been huh?

This should have been your oath:

"I doctor Taint, promise to profit off my patients first and foremost. I will not be concerned with their overall well being and will consider them a nuisance. I will do just enough to protect myself legally and give no more than the minimum effort require by law. I will remain willfully ignorant to the dangerous side-effects of medication I prescribe so long as the pharmaceutical companies grease my palms. In any instance where my "care" has resulted in harm, I will blame the patient for being weak or not following my instructions, even if he did. Lastly I will do my best to make sure my ignorance always matches my arrogance. My motto shall be, "tell it to my checkbook"

We can do better than you

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#536288 May 19, 2013
Father Divine! Who claimed to be God ?

I realize that I come into your world at 'the end' of everything, only to find the fields of truth flooded with false...'just about everything'!

Cults go under The bride of Christ... and from there just go down the scale... to false christmas and christs.... right thru to false peace movements. If it were not for God's Truth, the truth for which I came into this world for the sake of peace, to fulfill my Father in heaven's words, there would be no place to turn, let alone begin. Being as small as I am it might be a place to start, and just do as I always have... carry on in the face of truth until the light shines brightly enough for anyone to see the light of day is truly the Light of God. That it is really recognized that a church building is not required when our bodies are the living temple - thus eliminating all need for the money lords who build bigger and better growing richer and fatter off their flocks as 'false shepherds'- any wonder there is a false perception of what truth is.

Deception is more than alive and well and living on plant earth... it's rife! It's a cancer eating out the hearts and minds of earthlings... and I like this earth! It has helped me from the very beginning to get to know places and peoples, their hopes and dreams, their realities, and none have judged me outside of the churches who call themselves godly, are not!

~~had to get that off my chest!~~

Location hidden

#536289 May 19, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Its quite simple. Do as she says, not as she does. Many of her words are right on. But the second she treats you, me, LAWEST or anyone that way those words no longer have any value. Heck most days I log on here within a min. someone is speaking on homosexuality. I pass on it often as any of the regs. know my story, my wifes story. But becasue of what the Lord has done we are smeared nonstop for hating homosexuals. My family member that is in this bondage, I've never once treated him the way some of the posters treat Christians in this forum everyday. And so it goes.
Well therein lies the biggest irony. They get on their high horse about how Christians aren't living up to their supposed values and it turns out some of them are the most hateful bigots around

Even when the words on their face have merit, they have no value because they are simply being said to look good. That's the part that I don't like. Someone wants to mix it up, it isn't like i am gonna say much about it. But these deceitful facades some of them put on trying to manipulate emotion for support is just funny to watch. But not "ha ha" funny!

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#536290 May 19, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
More bla bla bla from them flapping lips. LOL
Sorry... Said I just had to get it off my chest...
&li st=PL2xJspzvHg5lRqm4XBdLrEEUux L91-6cp&index=55

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#536291 May 19, 2013
Buckle Up America... and God be with you!

Location hidden

#536292 May 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Collectively, we are a giant wave welling up.
HAHA...yeah you got Christianity on the run!

You spend the better part of your days talking about a religion you left to a majority of people who don't care what you think in order to accomplish absolutely nothing in the real world.

That by itself would be funny. But it gets so much better. You actually are so deluded you think your posts on topix mean something. You have written your own constitution and made up your own demographic and say funny stuff like in this post here!

You are an irrelevant nobody whose opinion meant nothing when he was in the 5% group of the United States. And now that you are in Mexico, you managed to find away to make it mean less than nothing!

But if it helps you sleep at night tell yourself what a great battle you are waging against Christians spanning two countries! Bigots across the world...UNITE. LOL

The only thing welling up is your bladder and my eyes from laughing so hard

LOL, you are such a delusional dork!

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#536293 May 19, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you dying, G_O_D?
I know, we all are but is there something wrong presently?
I have been sick for the last few days. Had blood tests and will see a liver specialist in a couple weeks (earliest appointment I could get). I have an incurable (so far) form of Hepatitis C. I am close to the end of the "20 years" I was given 17 years ago.
At this moment I have no answers. Hopefully I am just "getting old".

Thanks for your concern. <hugs>

Location hidden

#536294 May 19, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...
I thought about telling you to "talk to the hand" but thought maybe that was not appropriate!
:-/
heh

Double entendre

:)

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#536295 May 19, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings again my friend. The roots are deep - very deep - and go back a long way beyond where the eye can see... where the heavens meet the earth... where the oceans meet the sea... where the
the damage is done...
http://new-world-order-plan.org/nwo-plans/new...
1 Peter 3
3 This first understand, that there shall come in the last days, mockers, which will walk after their lusts, 4 And say, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the Fathers died, all things continue alike from the beginning of the creation. 5 For this they willingly know not, that the heavens were of old, and the earth that was of the water, and by the water, by the word of God. 6 Wherefore the world that then was, perished, overflowed with the water. 7 But the heavens and earth, which are now, are kept by the same word in store, and reserved unto fire against the day of condemnation, and of the destruction of ungodly men. 8 Dearly beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord, as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord of that promise is not slack (as some men count slackness) but is patient toward us, and would have no man to perish, but would all men to come to repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in the which the heavens shall pass away with a noise, and the elements shall melt with heat, and the earth with the works that are therein shall be burnt up.
^^^
http://www.youtube.com/whttp://new-world-orde... atch?v=gJe7fY-yowk&list=PL 2xJspzvHg5lMkzgThjdBIyqkvKDBti H3&index=18
This... is my watch... the burning tree with many branches... that consumes.
“Who will speak for Earth?”
'Every thinking person fears nuclear war, and every technological nation, plans for it. Everyone knows it's madness, and every country has ...an excuse. There's a dreary chain of causality. The German's were working on the bomb at the beginning of World War 11, so the Americans had to make one first. If the Americans had one, the Russians had to have one, then the British, French, the Chinese, the Indians, and the Pakistanis. Many nations collected these weapons; they're easy to make.
Indeed, but the world at large are basically they that are walking in fear of these things, believe me, the Lord is not going to allow these things to over take those who love him, as I said in my other post, just continue to reside IN the secret place of the most high.
1 Thessalonians 5: 3-9
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. 4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. 5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. 7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. 8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. 9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
Matthew 24: 21-26
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. 23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. 24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25 Behold, I have told you before. 26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#536296 May 19, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I realise that I come into the world at 'the end' of everything, only to find the fields of truth flooded with false... in just about everything'!
Deuteronomy 31
The Song of Moses
30 Then Moses spoke in the hearing of all the assembly of Israel the words of this song until they were ended:
.... Ch. 32
1 “Give ear, O heavens, and I will speak; And hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.
2 Let my teaching drop as the rain, My speech distill as the dew, As raindrops on the tender herb,
And as showers on the grass. 3 For I proclaim the name of the Lord: Ascribe greatness to our God."
… to the end.
God Bless Brother... There is much to be done.
Indeed my friend. May God's Peace that surpasses all understanding be yours.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OJ SIMPSON - CRIMINAL HISTORY since adolescence! (Dec '08) 7 min Louise 27
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 11 min Steve 44,113
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min truth 637,242
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 21 min slurps1486 968,716
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 24 min Sprinkles6830 28,365
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr truth 181,897
ex wives of PTSD veterans (Mar '12) 2 hr Divine mother 31
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 6 hr truth 37,988
More from around the web