Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#536192 May 19, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
What victory is that?
You make the above sound like a lot of superstitious mumbo jumbo. That's something that most believers do irrespective of which god they worship or holy book they adhere to.
Ah well, at least you didn't get into the death, martyrdom, suffering, pain, loss, blood, thing. After all, these are not concepts with which any brand would want to be identified. If that's the core of your message, no wonder you've got a problem.
<quoted text>
No probs I get this.
Everytime the Bible refers to a day it means an earthly day.
That is, unless it's explaining away the tardiness of Jesus when a day suddenly becomes a thousand years or more.
That victory is IN Christ Jesus, and the things that you've mentioned concerning martyrdon, pain, loss, suffering blood sacrifice of Christ, are all apart of this Holy highway that the faithful travel, and your inability to comprehend the most simpliest of things in the Bible like being able to distinguish when the Word is referring to a day in terms of a thousand years with God and a simple 24 hour period..........makes it ironic that you accuse ME of having "a problem", if you had even a miniscule of discernment, you would be very embarrassed for yourself.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#536193 May 19, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. We have to remember (and sometimes I forget) many things are going on in the spiritual realm. I go out of my way not to wear Christian shirts or other things that speak of my faith. At least for now thats how I live. Its not that I'm am ashamed but my hope is people see Christ alone and not things of this world. I do wonder if once we get to glory the Lord will show us things that perhaps we never knew here or we may not even care at that point. God does remind us that for the short time we are here we will be hated so I just see it confirms the truth. Gods love.
Yeah, like I said, it's a spiritual based thing alright, that is what identifies us with other brothers and sisters IN Christ, and what often troubles some who do not believe, no wearing apparel or jewelry of any kind necessary, and like you said........it all confirms God's truth.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#536194 May 19, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Agreed.
Although thing are improving, atheism has been badly stigmatized, and religion so lauded that many skeptics prefer the culture of the one over the other even in their skepticism. We will all benefit by leveling the playing field there. Even as unbelief becomes more socially acceptable, religious belief needs to become stigmatized, something best accomplished by its persistent criticism, condemnation, and ridicule.
We have to remember, Christianity is not a religion, it's a personal relationship with something not objectively real.

"I didn't send them to Hell, Drop Dead Jesus did."

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#536195 May 19, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
You just 'THOUGHT ' about saying that ?????.....
hmmm----so, you didn't REALLY say that???? hmmmm-
Lol, just as well SP, we don't want the thread to become too graphic, lol. Peace.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#536196 May 19, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
You make me sick. This same mindset would blame a woman that gets raped. I for one am a bit tired of you hate towards Skom, towards the church, towards the Usa. A man will reap the seed that he sows. Have fun with it bigot. You own it.
Amen.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#536197 May 19, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
I find your comment offensive, Yogi Bear.
Sorry.

If you needed to say so, that was the correct way to handle it.

I just don't respect what you do - religion, faith, god belief, and the like, therefore my opinions cannot be anything but offensive to you. The only way not to offend you and others like you is to censor them. This is the one place where that is not necessary.

People are more used to having their political opinions disagreed with than their religious ones, and they tend not to be personally offended by the opposite opinion. They'll call you an idiot for holding it, but not take it personally or be offended. Maybe this subject will eventually be like that.

Fennario

#536198 May 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Hi Ians, I have to agree with you here. Public forums are for discussions. People will base their opinions but those who get their panties in a wad whenever someone dis-agrees with them may not need to be on a Public forum.There are way's for people to discuss things without fighting or taking things so personal. Our opinions differ greatly but O don't ever remember you and I squabbling over one anothers opinion. Thank you for that.

[QUOTE who="Skombolis"]You are agreeing with one of the biggest Christian bigots on Topix that came here to bash the faith about how someone should act?
Still trying to isolate me, and to determine who's allowed to think what? You have no power there. Relax.

Location hidden

#536199 May 19, 2013
Wouldn't you agree that when you reason using faith based beliefs, you get garbage?
Yes.
The religious can learn to compartmentalize, such as successful scientist that are also believers. They suspend faith based thought on the job, then go pray to ghosts and invoke magic on Sunday.
They also say things like "That's far fetched." or "Prove it." or "That's just your opinion."
You probably know the difference between a valid argument and a sound one. One can build an argument on a false premise that is logically valid, meaning that it employs no fallacies. If the premises are true, so are the conclusions. Even when the premises are false, the argument remains valid. Yet the conclusions are unreliable. If you are familiar with William Lane Craig, he makes a living doing this. He also makes fallacious arguments, i.e., neither valid nor sound.
From what I've seen, if he needs to support a position that cannot be supported without committing at least one fallacy, it's no hindrance to him.
Only when the premises are true and the argument valid will you have a sound argument with reliable conclusions, which is what most of us mean by reason - not the Lane style of sophistry.
Thus, any thought derived from the premise of a god’s existence is unsound, however much you apply reason to the process, however valid the argument until you establish the god’s existence as a fact.
This isn't one I've seen yet. After I watched the debate between Harris and Craig I didn't have much interest in watching another, but I think I'll watch it just to see Hitch kick his ass.

Fennario

#536200 May 19, 2013
Second try following a formatting error:

Grace Walker wrote:
Hi Ians, I have to agree with you here. Public forums are for discussions. People will base their opinions but those who get their panties in a wad whenever someone dis-agrees with them may not need to be on a Public forum.There are way's for people to discuss things without fighting or taking things so personal. Our opinions differ greatly but O don't ever remember you and I squabbling over one anothers opinion. Thank you for that.
Skombolis wrote:
You are agreeing with one of the biggest Christian bigots on Topix that came here to bash the faith about how someone should act?
Still trying to isolate me, and to determine who's allowed to think what? You have no power there. Relax.

Fennario

#536201 May 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You are the liar Grace
This is exactly what I am referring to when I call you a fool. How could that possibly have been the right thing to post to her? Your instincts serve you poorly.

Fennario

#536202 May 19, 2013
Bongo wrote:
CAREFUL, The lying skombo will say he is making you dance. I wonder if skombo suffers with borderline personality disorder?
You are giving him the benefit of the doubt here. With less than half a personality, he's nowhere near the borderline.

Location hidden

#536203 May 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Do you know Morton's demon, an allegorical treatment of the use of confirmation bias to combat cognitive dissonance?
"The demon makes its victim feel very comfortable as there is no contradictory data in view."
http://www.talkorigins.org/origins/postmonth/...
I haven't seen that.

Rational skepticism is also a filter.

Perhaps we should call it an angel.

Fennario

#536206 May 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
How did you know you priest was stealing money for himself and his family?
You're preseverating, Dimwit.

Did you remember your drool bucket?
Grace Walker

Wilmington, NC

#536209 May 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>So you claiming you follow all the teaching of Christ wasnt a lie even though you claimed later that they dont apply to you? Obviously the reason you first lied is why you want to backpeddal now on your "manmade" comment but no way that covers your other two stories.
Go away until you have at least answered the questions that I ask of you. You don't know the answers so you want to run around in circles with stupid accusations. Answer my questions or admit you have no clue. Are you too prideful to admit you may be wrong???

Fennario

#536210 May 19, 2013
Khatru wrote:
That's it. First we have the supreme creator being of the universe wanting all homosexuals dead. Then, come the NT and that same cosmic mega-being changes his mind. I've saved that scripture to add more weight to my Jonah/Nineveh argument.
Me, too. I filed it this morning.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#536211 May 19, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh...so you can call Lacez a fool but no one can call you a name?
Normally I would not have responded to any of your posts...but...I am quite tired of some thinking that they have some special privilege and then claim "God did it".
Besides...
My dad told me there was a Santa Claus...I believed him...until...
To ALL Atheist--' Only a FOOL in his heart, says there is no GOD'
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#536213 May 19, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Lol, just as well SP, we don't want the thread to become too graphic, lol. Peace.
LOL---yes-- the THOUGHT was quite graphic enough----LOL

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#536214 May 19, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL---yes-- the THOUGHT was quite graphic enough----LOL
When you or anyone else decide not to be so hypocritical and start commenting about the Christians that post "graphic" thoughts...then maybe I will take you seriously. Until then...

I'll be waiting...
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#536217 May 19, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
When you or anyone else decide not to be so hypocritical and start commenting about the Christians that post "graphic" thoughts...then maybe I will take you seriously. Until then...
I'll be waiting...
I will tell NO ONE what to post, what words to use or COMMENT that they said it wrong.! That includes CHRISTIANS.!

I CAN and WILL however give MY opinion on what they say in their posts, and I do!

You can WAIT for a long time , because I don't babysit ANYONE in here , and how they WRITE their post.!

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#536218 May 19, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Well....I didn't win 600 million...So I guess I will post here....:-)
MORNING....
“Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.”
Thought For The Day
Nice one :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min karl44 88,188
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 4 min Clearwater 156
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 min LAWEST100 184,739
I still LOVE YOU SO MUCH, Ewa, Honey 21 min Doctor REALITY 6
News Medicare looms over Trump-Ryan alliance 46 min USA 7
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 47 min New Age Spiritual... 665,360
Handmade Jewelry? (Jan '15) 51 min Plumz1919 4
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 56 min Peter Ross 576
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr karl44 977,345
More from around the web