Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#536181 May 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
They are told how addictive caffeine and nicotine and may experience discomfort when quitting but that isn't even in the same ballpark of the withdrawal someone goes through from opiates.
Boo-frigging-hoo. If you're looking for my sympathy, you're months too late for that.

Talk to a smoker that can't quit what that withdrawal is like.
Skombolis wrote:
You lament the fact that people with chronic pain are forced to the streets for medication because of addicts
Yes, I do. And *you* and people like you are the biggest part of their problem.
Skombolis wrote:
but you are the one creating the addicts
Do you take any responsibility for your choices?

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#536182 May 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is easy. Stop trying so hard to stay alive.
English Standard Version (©2001)
Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.

&#9668; John 12:25 &#9658;

Fennario

#536186 May 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
It is not the only thing though. Continue reading Revelation
Revelation 21:8
But the cowardly, the UNBELIEVING, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."
I capitalized that just for emphasis but clearly faith is needed
(T) Peace
And here is the Scary Chicken On The Stick With Jingly Bells again.

You should probably stop posting that. It's way over the top, and pretty easy to use against you, something I've done repeatedly. I just Googled that citation against my Topix name and got a few thousand hits of me doing just that. http://snipurl.com/272s6ff

It lumps unbelievers in with murderers and whoremongers. That may be funny to you, but I suspect that others might consider it ridiculous, the god that you claim would write such a thing an obvious fiction being used as a mouthpiece by manipulative men.

And for you to zero in on that one passage to flaunt at unbelievers - you capitalized all of the letters to scream it to is - speaks to your rage and frustration born of your reflexive need to strike back and your impotence to so.

The Scary Chicken. LOL.

Boo!

Clearwater, FL

#536188 May 19, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
mike,
......continued....
I lay in the bed crying my eyes out, feeling totaly defeated. There was just no way I could do it. I cried out God, I know I brought this upon myself by my disobedience to you. But God, I'm the father of this child and I have done everything they have asked me. I know I'm not worthy of coming before you but as her father it is my responsability to bring this to you. So please God, I have done everything, and I can't do this. I need a miracle, change somebodies mind or something, God please help. I lay there crying for a little while longer. And suddenly I felt this peace starting to come over me, from somewhere deep inside of me, a peace like things were going to be OK. I said, what, how can that be? But that feeling of peace continued to grow. I didn't understand it. But I was able to sleep. I awoke early the next morning and thought about it. I thought about it. OK maybe I was supposed to not fight for my daughter, but fight against them. So I gathered every peice of information I had. I save every paper, every everything no matter how trivial. So, I went to court. As I set in the hall waiting for my case, the head of social services, not the lady I had been dealing with, but the head guy, came up to me and said he was sorry for what they were going to have to do. At this point I was ging to war. I was going to fight against all three groups to try and prove them all incompetent. Because that is what I was supposed to do. And I told the head guy "And I am sorry for what I am going to have to do". He went into the court room and I thought my case would surely be coming up quick. I was wrong. I didn't know what was going on. But I still felt that peace. I didn't know how, or anything. But, I was ready for war against three undefeatable groups. Finaly they called me in. I felt strong and at peace. But, as soon as I got the chance to speak, I broke down crying. Instead of the attack I had planned I broke down. I told the judge I had done everything they had told me too. And I poured out my heart. I said I should be able to get my child. The judge said, I agree with Mr. Snowden. he should be able to get his child. The district attorney stood up. And said she agreed, they would like to come and inspect my home one last time and then my child should be given to me. All of this just opposite to what I had recieved from her the day before. I stood in shock at the sudden turn of events. The judged asked me if I had anything to say. With my jaw dropped to the floor, I asked, did she just say what I think she just said. The judge said yes. I then said then I don't have anything else to say.
God had answered my prayer. There was a complete reversal in thinking on the part of the DA. And the Guardian adlitem and the social services agreed. The Lord God Almighty had heard my prayer, and The Holy Spirit of God gave me comfort when I had no earthly reason to be at peace.
every situation in life is different. And How The Holy Spirit comforts in each person, I couldn't say. But, in my life, in my heart, in my soul. I know God is real. And I know the Holy Spirit comforts me. So no matter what anyone says. I know God is real. And I know he lives.
God bless. When we are weak, He is strong! Glory. Thank you for sharing this.

Clearwater, FL

#536189 May 19, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Boo-frigging-hoo. If you're looking for my sympathy, you're months too late for that.
Talk to a smoker that can't quit what that withdrawal is like.
<quoted text>
Yes, I do. And *you* and people like you are the biggest part of their problem.
<quoted text>
Do you take any responsibility for your choices?
You make me sick. This same mindset would blame a woman that gets raped. I for one am a bit tired of you hate towards Skom, towards the church, towards the Usa. A man will reap the seed that he sows. Have fun with it bigot. You own it.

Fennario

#536190 May 19, 2013
That's easy to fix: quit fighting.
Accept the new reality – we unbelievers here with opinions of our own, and this world belongs to us as much as to anybody else. It’s not here for your church teas.
As long as you people are going to bring personal attacks at unbelievers for expressing their unbelief, there will be fighting. We didn’t arrive attacking you – just your church, faith, your bible, and the like. That’s not just our right, it’s one of the things that public discussion forums are for.
Your choices are to maintain a civil tongue in the face of disrespect for your beliefs, do your fellowshipping in private, protected spaces, or expect retaliation.
But the old days are gone.
Now go ahead and pitch another hissy because you don't like this opinion, either. Or begin practicing not doing that.
Grace Walker wrote:
Hi Ians,
I have to agree with you here. Public forums are for discussions. People will base their opinions but those who get their panties in a wad whenever someone dis-agrees with them may not need to be on a Public forum.There are way's for people to discuss things without fighting or taking things so personal. Our opinions differ greatly but O don't ever remember you and I squabbling over one anothers opinion. Thank you for that.
My pleasure Grace, and thank you. I'm sure that I have posted things to you that you didn't like.

It's not personal with me until somebody else makes it personal. People have a responsibility to control themselves and stick to issues even when some idea upsets them.

And yes, it's everybody's thread. There are no topics off limits unless Topix or the law makes them off limits.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#536192 May 19, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
What victory is that?
You make the above sound like a lot of superstitious mumbo jumbo. That's something that most believers do irrespective of which god they worship or holy book they adhere to.
Ah well, at least you didn't get into the death, martyrdom, suffering, pain, loss, blood, thing. After all, these are not concepts with which any brand would want to be identified. If that's the core of your message, no wonder you've got a problem.
<quoted text>
No probs I get this.
Everytime the Bible refers to a day it means an earthly day.
That is, unless it's explaining away the tardiness of Jesus when a day suddenly becomes a thousand years or more.
That victory is IN Christ Jesus, and the things that you've mentioned concerning martyrdon, pain, loss, suffering blood sacrifice of Christ, are all apart of this Holy highway that the faithful travel, and your inability to comprehend the most simpliest of things in the Bible like being able to distinguish when the Word is referring to a day in terms of a thousand years with God and a simple 24 hour period..........makes it ironic that you accuse ME of having "a problem", if you had even a miniscule of discernment, you would be very embarrassed for yourself.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#536193 May 19, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. We have to remember (and sometimes I forget) many things are going on in the spiritual realm. I go out of my way not to wear Christian shirts or other things that speak of my faith. At least for now thats how I live. Its not that I'm am ashamed but my hope is people see Christ alone and not things of this world. I do wonder if once we get to glory the Lord will show us things that perhaps we never knew here or we may not even care at that point. God does remind us that for the short time we are here we will be hated so I just see it confirms the truth. Gods love.
Yeah, like I said, it's a spiritual based thing alright, that is what identifies us with other brothers and sisters IN Christ, and what often troubles some who do not believe, no wearing apparel or jewelry of any kind necessary, and like you said........it all confirms God's truth.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#536194 May 19, 2013
Agreed.
Although thing are improving, atheism has been badly stigmatized, and religion so lauded that many skeptics prefer the culture of the one over the other even in their skepticism. We will all benefit by leveling the playing field there. Even as unbelief becomes more socially acceptable, religious belief needs to become stigmatized, something best accomplished by its persistent criticism, condemnation, and ridicule.
We have to remember, Christianity is not a religion, it's a personal relationship with something not objectively real.

"I didn't send them to Hell, Drop Dead Jesus did."

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#536195 May 19, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
You just 'THOUGHT ' about saying that ?????.....
hmmm----so, you didn't REALLY say that???? hmmmm-
Lol, just as well SP, we don't want the thread to become too graphic, lol. Peace.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#536196 May 19, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
You make me sick. This same mindset would blame a woman that gets raped. I for one am a bit tired of you hate towards Skom, towards the church, towards the Usa. A man will reap the seed that he sows. Have fun with it bigot. You own it.
Amen.

Fennario

#536197 May 19, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
I find your comment offensive, Yogi Bear.
Sorry.

If you needed to say so, that was the correct way to handle it.

I just don't respect what you do - religion, faith, god belief, and the like, therefore my opinions cannot be anything but offensive to you. The only way not to offend you and others like you is to censor them. This is the one place where that is not necessary.

People are more used to having their political opinions disagreed with than their religious ones, and they tend not to be personally offended by the opposite opinion. They'll call you an idiot for holding it, but not take it personally or be offended. Maybe this subject will eventually be like that.

Fennario

#536198 May 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Hi Ians, I have to agree with you here. Public forums are for discussions. People will base their opinions but those who get their panties in a wad whenever someone dis-agrees with them may not need to be on a Public forum.There are way's for people to discuss things without fighting or taking things so personal. Our opinions differ greatly but O don't ever remember you and I squabbling over one anothers opinion. Thank you for that.

[QUOTE who="Skombolis"]You are agreeing with one of the biggest Christian bigots on Topix that came here to bash the faith about how someone should act?
Still trying to isolate me, and to determine who's allowed to think what? You have no power there. Relax.

Location hidden

#536199 May 19, 2013
Wouldn't you agree that when you reason using faith based beliefs, you get garbage?
Yes.
The religious can learn to compartmentalize, such as successful scientist that are also believers. They suspend faith based thought on the job, then go pray to ghosts and invoke magic on Sunday.
They also say things like "That's far fetched." or "Prove it." or "That's just your opinion."
You probably know the difference between a valid argument and a sound one. One can build an argument on a false premise that is logically valid, meaning that it employs no fallacies. If the premises are true, so are the conclusions. Even when the premises are false, the argument remains valid. Yet the conclusions are unreliable. If you are familiar with William Lane Craig, he makes a living doing this. He also makes fallacious arguments, i.e., neither valid nor sound.
From what I've seen, if he needs to support a position that cannot be supported without committing at least one fallacy, it's no hindrance to him.
Only when the premises are true and the argument valid will you have a sound argument with reliable conclusions, which is what most of us mean by reason - not the Lane style of sophistry.
Thus, any thought derived from the premise of a god’s existence is unsound, however much you apply reason to the process, however valid the argument until you establish the god’s existence as a fact.
This isn't one I've seen yet. After I watched the debate between Harris and Craig I didn't have much interest in watching another, but I think I'll watch it just to see Hitch kick his ass.

Fennario

#536200 May 19, 2013
Second try following a formatting error:

Grace Walker wrote:
Hi Ians, I have to agree with you here. Public forums are for discussions. People will base their opinions but those who get their panties in a wad whenever someone dis-agrees with them may not need to be on a Public forum.There are way's for people to discuss things without fighting or taking things so personal. Our opinions differ greatly but O don't ever remember you and I squabbling over one anothers opinion. Thank you for that.
Skombolis wrote:
You are agreeing with one of the biggest Christian bigots on Topix that came here to bash the faith about how someone should act?
Still trying to isolate me, and to determine who's allowed to think what? You have no power there. Relax.

Fennario

#536201 May 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You are the liar Grace
This is exactly what I am referring to when I call you a fool. How could that possibly have been the right thing to post to her? Your instincts serve you poorly.

Fennario

#536202 May 19, 2013
Bongo wrote:
CAREFUL, The lying skombo will say he is making you dance. I wonder if skombo suffers with borderline personality disorder?
You are giving him the benefit of the doubt here. With less than half a personality, he's nowhere near the borderline.

Location hidden

#536203 May 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Do you know Morton's demon, an allegorical treatment of the use of confirmation bias to combat cognitive dissonance?
"The demon makes its victim feel very comfortable as there is no contradictory data in view."
http://www.talkorigins.org/origins/postmonth/...
I haven't seen that.

Rational skepticism is also a filter.

Perhaps we should call it an angel.

Fennario

#536206 May 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
How did you know you priest was stealing money for himself and his family?
You're preseverating, Dimwit.

Did you remember your drool bucket?
Grace Walker

Wilmington, NC

#536209 May 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>So you claiming you follow all the teaching of Christ wasnt a lie even though you claimed later that they dont apply to you? Obviously the reason you first lied is why you want to backpeddal now on your "manmade" comment but no way that covers your other two stories.
Go away until you have at least answered the questions that I ask of you. You don't know the answers so you want to run around in circles with stupid accusations. Answer my questions or admit you have no clue. Are you too prideful to admit you may be wrong???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min 07 Mustang 8,088
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min kent 682,008
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Aerobatty 124,049
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min The Mod Squad 286,502
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr another viewer 982,433
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Peter Ross 6,373
--- for SIDE SLEEPERS --- *Instant Better Comfo... 3 hr Arm Pillow Max 1
More from around the web