Why Should Jesus Love Me?
high end

Upper Darby, PA

#536133 May 19, 2013
Everyone,
Always remember the infamous words that was sung by Streisand.

"People, who need people, are the most luckiest people in the world".

We all need each other.
Shalom.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#536134 May 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I follow Lao Tzu as well. I guess he must be a Zombie God, too.
YOUR God may be a zombie, but not mine.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#536135 May 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
FUnny how Christians say different parts of the Bible are "for that time" and other parts are for "ever" just to make it agree with their own beliefs.
Whatever.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#536136 May 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it!
Not MY responsibility to "prove it", the proof will be in your face soon enough to your eternal regret.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#536138 May 19, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they make it all up as they go along.
Of course.
Been that way for 2000 years. Why stop now ?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#536139 May 19, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think I would have TOLD that about your family being Christians and you CHOSE to be an Atheist! So you could CHOOSE to be a homosexual??
It makes YOU more of a FOOL than I thought.
LOL

I think this post makes YOU more of a A'HOLE than I thought.

Are you a Christian so you could CHOOSE to be a heterosexual?

My father preached many of a sermon...should I not tell that?

Some of you guys sure have some strange ideas. Funny actually!

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#536140 May 19, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true.
Atheist are DECEIVERS--just like that ole SERPENT. They are LIARS and the fathering of a lIE. They use the SCRIPTURES just like Satan does---to TWIST the meaning.
There is not ONE WORD, that comes out of an Atheist mouth, that "I" believe--- not one word!!
G/A SP. Yes they do characterize that spirit within them to try and tempt the believers by quoting Bible scripture of which they have aworn that they do not believe, it would be otherwise funny if it wasn't so tragically sad.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#536141 May 19, 2013
khatra...waiting in store to get Iphone. so will give u the quick answer. God doesnt take any joy out of those condemned. But at the same time its not like people can complain it isnt fair a God they didnt believe in and many who mocked then in return wont save them. However I believe we either go to Heaven or we die as the body dies on earth and the soul in hell. There is a lot of scripture to support this and only 2 verses used to suggest otherwise. 1 where nobody knows what it means to say "their worm doesnt die" and another where it says they go to eternal punishment. But that prob just means a place of eternal punishment as the same author quotes Jesus as saying be afraid of he who can destroy body and soul in hell. So death was expected anyway by unbelievers. I dont see that as hate though. The messaged is certainly out there. As for people using the Bible to advance personal agendas that go against love thy neighbor it ,There are 668 sins in the Bible. we cant single out ones we want to (T) PEACE

“"None shall pass"”

There

#536142 May 19, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> YOUR God may be a zombie, but not mine.
So Jesus is still dead, right ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#536143 May 19, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Not MY responsibility to "prove it", the proof will be in your face soon enough to your eternal regret.
Prove it!

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#536144 May 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So Jesus is still dead, right ?
Only YOUR God is dead.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#536145 May 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You consider the teachings of Jesus Christ to be "man-made religion"
Just follow your Lord and Savior Paul
But of course only the verses you want to and only the words in the verses you want to
Then tell everyone what a staunch believer you are and claim others aren't!
I don't think it gets more ironic than that
Careful. You are sounding like a heretic. LOL

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#536146 May 19, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
Being an atheist and therefore not able to understand the things of God via your unbelief ( although it is odd that you make references to scriptures when you don't believe ) it's not surprising to see this lack of rightly dividing the scriptures on your part, there are no quotations from Paul in those verses where he implied that the resurrection of the church will happen in his lifetime, you do err not knowing the scriptures.
I reference the scriptures simply to point out the contradictions.

I didn't quote Paul but I could have:

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

Paul talks about him and other people being alive when Jesus returns. He should have told his audience that none of them would be alive when Jesus comes back.
LAWEST100 wrote:
When reference is made to the Lord's returning being only a short time away then as even now..........it is referenced only from GOD'S time and not our OWN, as the Bible says that a thousand years is as one day with the Lord and one day as a thousand years, in all things get an understanding.
2 Peter 3:9-11
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2 Peter 3:8
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day
Ah, so you're one of those people who believe that the six days it took God to create the earth were actually thousands of our years. Nice to know that you believe that not even God could snap his fingers and instantly magic our planet into existence.

The bible you read is the result of centuries of theological gerrymandering. That makes it quite likely that the "thousand earth years = one God day" was added when people realised that many years had passed and Jesus still hadn't returned.

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#536147 May 19, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Did your god change his mind again? Here's a scripture on that:
God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?-(Numbers 23:19)
That's it.

First we have the supreme creator being of the universe wanting all homosexuals dead. Then, come the NT and that same cosmic mega-being changes his mind.

I've saved that scripture to add more weight to my Jonah/Nineveh argument.

Location hidden

#536148 May 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Jeremiah 31:31-34 [31] Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:[32] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:[33] But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.[34] And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
See All... Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach NO MORE every man, his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin NO MORE!!!!!!!!
you don't know your bible. What tribe are you? Israel was promised to be saved no matter what. If that was true for everyone there would have been no need for the sacrifice

Location hidden

#536149 May 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful. You are sounding like a heretic. LOL
hey! I swear to Paul that's not true! I mean the verses of his I believe and don't cut words out of! On second thought by comparison a heretic doesn't sound so bad!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#536150 May 19, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Only YOUR God is dead.
Nope. There creative and motive force of the Universe is still going strong.

Jesus however is dead.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#536151 May 19, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks
You can't tell me what is taking place while you are being comforted by GOD, the holy spirit?
How do you know the comfort comes from something other than yourself?
Good Afternoon Mike :)
Yes, I can tell you what is taking place while I am being comforted by God. I will give you an example of The Holy Spirit comforting me and why I knew it was something other than myself.
I had walked away from the church (in this case meaning the people at a building where I had been going to have fellowship). It didn't take long before I was living in straight, knowing disobedience to God. Within a few years of this disobedience, I became a father. This child, being only a few weeks old, was taken by the child protective services. Not because of anything I had done, but taken just the same. Both the mother and I were required to go to parenting classes. We both did. We were given supervised visitation, seperate visits. I went to mine. Several times I had to walk 10 miles there and 10 back. But, I made my visits. The mother did not. The mother is often given priority in child cases. But, the mother in this case wouldn't do what she was supposed to. So my child remained in the system. I tried to get my child. I was told I needed to take this class. I did. And then I was told I needed to go for this evaluation. I did. The evaluation was very positive. I was told I had to let one of their people come into my house once a week for a year to make sure I knew what and how to do everything. Still having to go to supervised visits at a different location. I didn't like any of this. But I did it because that is what they required for me to get my child out of the foster homes. One thing after another, I did what I was told. I jumped through every hoop. The day before I was to go to court, my child now eighteen months old and she went into the system at seven weeks old, I had done nothing wrong, I was the father, and they prefer the mother to get the children and treat the fathers as if they are incompetent, I had done everything that was asked of me, I recieved letters from the DA, the social services, and the Guardian Adlitem, informing me that they would be recommending to the judge that I not get my child, because one of the classes I had taken was not the right one. Even though they had signed off on it and said it was the class they wanted me to take. So with one night to go. I would be facing off against A district attorney that was like a super genieus lawyer, the social services representative, with all of her knowledge of laws concerning children, the Gaurdian Adlitem, who was a genius type that was like Columbo. And I, a lumber worker, that couldn't afford a lawyer, rejected by the Public defenders office. And I had to face off against them early the next morning.
to be continued....

Location hidden

#536152 May 19, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
i have been nonsexual lately but not by choice! Lol...I'm sure that line will come back to haunt me but it was worth it, a good comedian always puts the joke first:)
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#536153 May 19, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
I was born 'hetrosexual, as we ALL are---God is not a God of 'Confusion.

I CHOSE Christianity. You choose for 'name-calling' me an A_HOLE.

Since you have told that your Dad was a preacher--you must not have 'BELIEVED a word your father preached, or listened to him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Nohweh 48,993
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Rosa_Winkel 971,733
download flip4mac wmv studio pro hd 2 cracked (Dec '12) 39 min Alii 2
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 57 min MUQ2 281,274
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr MUQ2 44,701
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Rosesz 646,709
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 2 hr DebraE 22
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr WasteWater 2,083
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 10 hr Just Think 105,632
More from around the web