Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#536154 May 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Did you finally take my advice and decide to do something useful with your life instead of obsessing over the beliefs of others and conning yourself into thinking you are accomplishing anything?
Take advice from you? What good decisions have you made?

As for being useful, my years of greatest service and charity are behind me.

Nowadays, I devote myself mostly to making our lives more excellent. Retiring and getting us to Mexico while we were still young enough to enjoy ourselves was the beginning of that. Besides serving my family and friends, we assist a few local causes in a small way.

And yes, I am accomplishing something on the Internet, although it is not what you are ridiculing. My goals are much more modest, and my influence on others is once again local, although not in the physical sense this time. Here in cyberspace, each of us functions as a node in a great network, directly connected to a dozen or a hundred others, who in turn reach a similar number of others.

Though being only one water molecule each, and with only a few direct neighbors each, we teach one another. Collectively, we are a giant wave welling up. Minds are changing and a culture is transforming. My part in that is small.

You, on the other hand, are accomplishing nothing, unless you consider repulsing people an accomplishment. You serve nobody on the job except a boss, you teach nothing of value here, and you seem to be alone in the world.

Why do you persist at this? Some may wonder why I bother with you. I can't say why for sure, but I'm pretty certain that if I haven't yet, I'll probably never sit for your brazen and egregious insolence. You are too stupid to adapt.

And that, after all, is the only test of intelligence: the ability to understand the environment, to discern the clues it contains, to analyze them properly and understand their significance, and to respond optimally. You don't come close.

Fennario

#536155 May 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Did you finally take my advice and decide to do something useful with your life instead of obsessing over the beliefs of others and conning yourself into thinking you are accomplishing anything?
Take advice from you? What good decisions have you made?

As for being useful, my years of greatest service and charity are behind me.

Nowadays, I devote myself mostly to making our lives more excellent. Retiring and getting us to Mexico while we were still young enough to enjoy ourselves was the beginning of that. Besides serving my family and friends, we assist a few local causes in a small way.

And yes, I am accomplishing something on the Internet, although it is not what you are ridiculing. My goals are much more modest, and my influence on others is once again local, although not in the physical sense this time. Here in cyberspace, each of us functions as a node in a great network, directly connected to a dozen or a hundred others, who in turn reach a similar number of others.

Though being only one water molecule each, and with only a few direct neighbors each, we teach one another. Collectively, we are a giant wave welling up. Minds are changing and a culture is transforming. My part in that is small.

You, on the other hand, are accomplishing nothing, unless you consider repulsing people an accomplishment. You serve nobody on the job except a boss, you teach nothing of value here, and you seem to be alone in the world.

Why do you persist at this? Some may wonder why I bother with you. I can't say why for sure, but I'm pretty certain that if I haven't yet, I'll probably never sit for your brazen and egregious insolence. You are too stupid to adapt.

And that, after all, is the only test of intelligence: the ability to understand the environment, to discern the clues it contains, to analyze them properly and understand their significance, and to respond optimally. You don't come close.

And you just got your ass kicked again.
Jessica

Bolton, UK

#536156 May 19, 2013
Jesus loves everyone including the sinner. It would be illogical to think he did not love us too.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#536157 May 19, 2013
high end wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a company called Adolph's Painting which specializes on synagoguess.
hitler used to be a painter in Berlin. Although whoever cane up with that IDE for a store name needs a new publicist

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#536158 May 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I thought you were quoting the beginning of the Guns-N-Roses song, Civil War:)
I never really got into G&R. Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, Wishbone Ash, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Rory Gallagher, Jethro Tull, etc were more my sort of thing.
Skombolis wrote:
Anything as long as the bible and written in that time isn't going to be a cakewalk to read. But it really isn't super difficult either. Someone just has to invest the time.
The two biggest problems are if someone hasn't read the Bible in its entirety or they want to force the Bible to fit their beliefs instead of forming their beliefs based on the Bible. Sure there are things we all may have wrong. But to me it all falls into place rather neatly.
You won't get apologist arguments from me. Most the criticisms of the Bible are superficial. And many apologist explanations are superficial. Both come from people who simply don't have the knowledge to properly explain it. I am certainly not a biblical scholar and i could probably answer just about any question you had and if not convince you, at least provide a strong enough argument for you to see why its a possibility
Plus you have to keep in mind that people have darn near dedicated their lives to trying to find things wrong with the Bible and this has been going on for a long time. They don't have much to show for it
Now whether someone believes it or not is a different story. But the Bible does harmonize with itself pretty well. And you are talking to someone who didn't believe parts of it for a while specifically because i felt there were contradictions. As I kept learning and re-reading and studying the verses I saw differently. Verses taken out of context can look so different than what they actually mean. But when taken in context and compared to other books on the same thing where you can stack all the verses next to each other, it is pretty darn consistent. There are some things admittedly we have to simply shrug and i say I don't know. It does happen occasionally. But then again, none of us here are schoalrs
(T) Peace
Fair points although we also have other holy books which people are equally as passionate about (Quran, Vedas, Avesta, etc). Well, in the case of the Quran, maybe more passionate given the number of believers so willing to die for their interpretation of its pages.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#536159 May 19, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I reference the scriptures simply to point out the contradictions.
I didn't quote Paul but I could have:
"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."
Paul talks about him and other people being alive when Jesus returns. He should have told his audience that none of them would be alive when Jesus comes back.
<quoted text>
Ah, so you're one of those people who believe that the six days it took God to create the earth were actually thousands of our years. Nice to know that you believe that not even God could snap his fingers and instantly magic our planet into existence.
The bible you read is the result of centuries of theological gerrymandering. That makes it quite likely that the "thousand earth years = one God day" was added when people realised that many years had passed and Jesus still hadn't returned.
Then I guess the old saying is true as evidenced many a time over......'that those who know the least have the most to say'.......I'm sorry but right with a number of others posting here, you are a prime example to that truth K, the 'we' being referenced here is to the children of God, because we are all ONE in Christ Jesus, united by that same ONE spirit that has made us heirs unto the adoption by almighty God, when the 1st resurrection occurs, like the Bible says the dead IN Christ shall rise first, and WE which are alive and remain shall join them in the air to meet the Lord, I can take 'WE' unto myself as being apart of that union, but it is highly possible that I may be in a Christ filled grave at time, either way I have the victory.... or I should say that WE have the victory IN Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.

As for the creation of the earth by God in six days, The scriptures that you are so clumsily trying to interpret here says that God said let there be light, and God saw the light and saw that it was good, and he separated the light from the darkness and called the light day and the darkness night, and he has obviously set it up to rotate that way on a basic 12 hour interval over a 24 hour period, right?.........so while I don't fault you for not being able to rightly divide scripture via your own choice of unbelief, we know that the orbital rotation of the earth around the sun occurs within a 24 hour time period and not 6 thousand years, it is called COMMON SENSE, you may want to try it sometime.

Location hidden

#536160 May 19, 2013
Jessica wrote:
Jesus loves everyone including the sinner. It would be illogical to think he did not love us too.
it isn't quite that cut abs dry. Look up the seven things God hates and it's the type of person that commits the various sins. But nobody is unreachable for his love and forgiveness. In John it says a believer remains in his love by obeying him.(T) peace

Watford, UK

#536161 May 19, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
I donĀ“t need a housekeeper to wipe my ass.
A while back you claimed to be more British than the British.

If that was the case you'd have said "arse" and not "ass".

Watford, UK

#536162 May 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
khatra...waiting in store to get Iphone. so will give u the quick answer. God doesnt take any joy out of those condemned. But at the same time its not like people can complain it isnt fair a God they didnt believe in and many who mocked then in return wont save them. However I believe we either go to Heaven or we die as the body dies on earth and the soul in hell. There is a lot of scripture to support this and only 2 verses used to suggest otherwise. 1 where nobody knows what it means to say "their worm doesnt die" and another where it says they go to eternal punishment. But that prob just means a place of eternal punishment as the same author quotes Jesus as saying be afraid of he who can destroy body and soul in hell. So death was expected anyway by unbelievers. I dont see that as hate though. The messaged is certainly out there. As for people using the Bible to advance personal agendas that go against love thy neighbor it ,There are 668 sins in the Bible. we cant single out ones we want to (T) PEACE
Not quite sure what you're saying here.

Is it that you don't believe in Hell as a place of eternal torture and agony and those that never believed will die and stay dead?

Fennario

#536164 May 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Yet you believed the very same thing for years
Not quite.

I suspended disbelief. That's not the same as believing. I never got over the cognitive dissonance. I merely agreed to ignore it for a season,to see if I could learn enough to answer my questions, and perhaps come to believe it without having to justify and excuse it. That never happened.
Skombolis wrote:
Now you claim one of the basic tenents of the faith which you belonged to is now ridiculous on its face. If you thought that you would have never been a belieevr to begin with
Moron. Everything seems to be over your head. The doctrine of resurrection is absurd. The fact that I gave myself a chance to see it otherwise does not change that.

Fennario

#536166 May 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
What was the reason you left the faith?
I can't wait to hear the answer on this one ... whenever you finish making up your story, let me know:)
If I made it up, I finished making up my story last February, right here on this thread:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

That was a foolish way to present your challenge. Couldn't you see that if you were wrong, and that if I had answered this question already, which should have seemed overwhelmingly likely to you, that you would be made a fool of again? Of course you didn't.

Do you think that others can't discern if I am telling the truth or not? Why can't you? You keep coming at me as if I am a liar that spins his own reality, and you keep getting burned.

Look at my definition of intelligence in the last post again.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#536167 May 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>i have been nonsexual lately but not by choice! Lol...I'm sure that line will come back to haunt me but it was worth it, a good comedian always puts the joke first:)
Well...

I thought about telling you to "talk to the hand" but thought maybe that was not appropriate!

:-/

Watford, UK

#536170 May 19, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
Then I guess the old saying is true as evidenced many a time over......'that those who know the least have the most to say'.......I'm sorry but right with a number of others posting here, you are a prime example to that truth K, the 'we' being referenced here is to the children of God, because we are all ONE in Christ Jesus, united by that same ONE spirit that has made us heirs unto the adoption by almighty God, when the 1st resurrection occurs, like the Bible says the dead IN Christ shall rise first, and WE which are alive and remain shall join them in the air to meet the Lord, I can take 'WE' unto myself as being apart of that union, but it is highly possible that I may be in a Christ filled grave at time, either way I have the victory.... or I should say that WE have the victory IN Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.
What victory is that?

You make the above sound like a lot of superstitious mumbo jumbo. That's something that most believers do irrespective of which god they worship or holy book they adhere to.

Ah well, at least you didn't get into the death, martyrdom, suffering, pain, loss, blood, thing. After all, these are not concepts with which any brand would want to be identified. If that's the core of your message, no wonder you've got a problem.
LAWEST100 wrote:
As for the creation of the earth by God in six days, The scriptures that you are so clumsily trying to interpret here says that God said let there be light, and God saw the light and saw that it was good, and he separated the light from the darkness and called the light day and the darkness night, and he has obviously set it up to rotate that way on a basic 12 hour interval over a 24 hour period, right?.........so while I don't fault you for not being able to rightly divide scripture via your own choice of unbelief, we know that the orbital rotation of the earth around the sun occurs within a 24 hour time period and not 6 thousand years, it is called COMMON SENSE, you may want to try it sometime.
No probs I get this.

Everytime the Bible refers to a day it means an earthly day.

That is, unless it's explaining away the tardiness of Jesus when a day suddenly becomes a thousand years or more.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#536171 May 19, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good afternoon Chris. I can relate to what you are saying here, I have experienced throughout my life here and there that there are going to be people who will not like you for no apparent reason whatsoever, before I came into the knowledge of God's truth this used to trouble me somewhat, but I believe now as being an elect in God, and you probably can relate as well is that the spirit within us even before salvation, does not cleave with the natural spirit that resides in most people in the world, I believe that God has simply put that within those of us who are called unto grace IN Christ Jesus.
Like myself, I'm sure you have found those who have set themselves against you for no apparent reason of which they wouldn't be able to explain themselves even if their lives were to depend on it ( hypothetically speaking ) that is why we must be careful in how we deal with other people, because if when we do somethings wrong or rub people the wrong way ( and it happens because we are human ) notice that we will be punished or persecuted for it far more than anyone else for doing the same thing, but our God is graceful so also notice that more often than the reverse he allows us to find favor in the eyes of others and very often we also have people who don't know us personally to do us unexpected services that helps us ( having favor with God ) so by no circumstances is it all bad as some see the God in us, and others are troubled by it and set themselves at variance against us, but God has garnered the victory IN his name for us already. Peace.
Indeed. We have to remember (and sometimes I forget) many things are going on in the spiritual realm. I go out of my way not to wear Christian shirts or other things that speak of my faith. At least for now thats how I live. Its not that I'm am ashamed but my hope is people see Christ alone and not things of this world. I do wonder if once we get to glory the Lord will show us things that perhaps we never knew here or we may not even care at that point. God does remind us that for the short time we are here we will be hated so I just see it confirms the truth. Gods love.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#536172 May 19, 2013
mike,

......continued....

I lay in the bed crying my eyes out, feeling totaly defeated. There was just no way I could do it. I cried out God, I know I brought this upon myself by my disobedience to you. But God, I'm the father of this child and I have done everything they have asked me. I know I'm not worthy of coming before you but as her father it is my responsability to bring this to you. So please God, I have done everything, and I can't do this. I need a miracle, change somebodies mind or something, God please help. I lay there crying for a little while longer. And suddenly I felt this peace starting to come over me, from somewhere deep inside of me, a peace like things were going to be OK. I said, what, how can that be? But that feeling of peace continued to grow. I didn't understand it. But I was able to sleep. I awoke early the next morning and thought about it. I thought about it. OK maybe I was supposed to not fight for my daughter, but fight against them. So I gathered every peice of information I had. I save every paper, every everything no matter how trivial. So, I went to court. As I set in the hall waiting for my case, the head of social services, not the lady I had been dealing with, but the head guy, came up to me and said he was sorry for what they were going to have to do. At this point I was ging to war. I was going to fight against all three groups to try and prove them all incompetent. Because that is what I was supposed to do. And I told the head guy "And I am sorry for what I am going to have to do". He went into the court room and I thought my case would surely be coming up quick. I was wrong. I didn't know what was going on. But I still felt that peace. I didn't know how, or anything. But, I was ready for war against three undefeatable groups. Finaly they called me in. I felt strong and at peace. But, as soon as I got the chance to speak, I broke down crying. Instead of the attack I had planned I broke down. I told the judge I had done everything they had told me too. And I poured out my heart. I said I should be able to get my child. The judge said, I agree with Mr. Snowden. he should be able to get his child. The district attorney stood up. And said she agreed, they would like to come and inspect my home one last time and then my child should be given to me. All of this just opposite to what I had recieved from her the day before. I stood in shock at the sudden turn of events. The judged asked me if I had anything to say. With my jaw dropped to the floor, I asked, did she just say what I think she just said. The judge said yes. I then said then I don't have anything else to say.
God had answered my prayer. There was a complete reversal in thinking on the part of the DA. And the Guardian adlitem and the social services agreed. The Lord God Almighty had heard my prayer, and The Holy Spirit of God gave me comfort when I had no earthly reason to be at peace.
every situation in life is different. And How The Holy Spirit comforts in each person, I couldn't say. But, in my life, in my heart, in my soul. I know God is real. And I know the Holy Spirit comforts me. So no matter what anyone says. I know God is real. And I know he lives.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#536173 May 19, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
.... my hope is people see Christ alone and not things of this world.....
That is easy. Stop trying so hard to stay alive.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#536174 May 19, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
I was born 'hetrosexual, as we ALL are---God is not a God of 'Confusion.
I CHOSE Christianity. You choose for 'name-calling' me an A_HOLE.
Since you have told that your Dad was a preacher--you must not have 'BELIEVED a word your father preached, or listened to him.
Oh...so you can call Lacez a fool but no one can call you a name?

Normally I would not have responded to any of your posts...but...I am quite tired of some thinking that they have some special privilege and then claim "God did it".

Besides...

My dad told me there was a Santa Claus...I believed him...until...

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#536175 May 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I think she picks her targets on who she has a problem with personally or depending on who she is trying to impress and cozy up to
For all her talk about standing up for what she believes is right, she conveniently only does it when it is self-serving
She probably does believe what she is saying. I gotta be honest and I think it is the issue first and then Christianity and a close second. Especially now. But when you only speak up against people you wanna fight with, it kind of defeats the whole purpose of standing up for what is right.
I obviously go easier on my friends, as most people do that are willing to say something to friend and foe alike, but to have credibility one must do both. But that is Topix for ya. A lot of people are more concerned with improving their standing in some clique than being their own person
(T) Peace
Its quite simple. Do as she says, not as she does. Many of her words are right on. But the second she treats you, me, LAWEST or anyone that way those words no longer have any value. Heck most days I log on here within a min. someone is speaking on homosexuality. I pass on it often as any of the regs. know my story, my wifes story. But becasue of what the Lord has done we are smeared nonstop for hating homosexuals. My family member that is in this bondage, I've never once treated him the way some of the posters treat Christians in this forum everyday. And so it goes.

Location hidden

#536176 May 19, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I never really got into G&R. Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, Wishbone Ash, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Rory Gallagher, Jethro Tull, etc were more my sort of thing.
<quoted text>
Fair points although we also have other holy books which people are equally as passionate about (Quran, Vedas, Avesta, etc). Well, in the case of the Quran, maybe more passionate given the number of believers so willing to die for their interpretation of its pages.
All good bands! To die for I'd ok, although I'm guessing you also mean to kill for. You gotta keep in mind there are a lot of factors that go into making a fanatic. The Taliban for example targets kids from war torn violent hopeless places and promises them a better after life then the nightmare they have known. Or cults prey on people ostracized from society or that have emotional needs. Religion is easier to rationalize for people that want an excuse anyway but most these kinds of people were already screed up
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#536177 May 19, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...
I thought about telling you to "talk to the hand" but thought maybe that was not appropriate!
:-/
You just 'THOUGHT ' about saying that ?????.....
hmmm----so, you didn't REALLY say that???? hmmmm-

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Kwisatz Haderach 87,523
The American Dream is DEAD DEAD DEAD. (Oct '17) 2 hr Hock Fung Soc Tu 23
Looking to finally settle down. Need some sugge... 2 hr Plock Yan Yuk Foo 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr residualcash 703,573
Why are women from USA prefer casual dating ove... 3 hr MGTOW 2
The Good Man Donald Trump 5 hr MexicoWill Pay4Wall 2
Prostitutes at Taiji Massage in Port Charlotte 5 hr FredG5 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr science is god 996,409