Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#536103 May 19, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
I find your comment offensive, Yogi Bear.
This from the guy who is full of seething hatred towards homosexuals.

I've heard you're a muzzie.

Remember to be sure that you wipe your arse with the hand that the supreme creator being of the universe has instructed you to use.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#536104 May 19, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear what you say and I appreciate your view that her beliefs are misconceived.
Yet, it's precisely confusion of this nature that vexes Christianity. Paul said that God is not the author of confusion. Perhaps he isn't but I guess man certainly is.
Then again, if the bible is truly God's message to us then perhaps it could have been communicated more effectively.
"What we've got here is a failure to communicate."
That's what the man in Cool Hand Luke said.
I thought you were quoting the beginning of the Guns-N-Roses song, Civil War:)
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
The CEO of any company needs to communicate effectively with his people. If a company is in a mess and people aren't getting the message then the buck stops with the CEO.
Why should an omniscient god be wholly exonerated of blame when he fails to ensure that his message is clearly understood? You've only got to look at the numerous different bibles that are out there to see that whatever your god thinks. Factor that in with thousands of different Christian denominations, sects and cults, all sure that their particular interpretation of whatever bible they choose to read is the true belief.
If the god of the bible is for real he could do a bit better in the communication stakes.
Anything as long as the bible and written in that time isn't going to be a cakewalk to read. But it really isn't super difficult either. Someone just has to invest the time.

The two biggest problems are if someone hasn't read the Bible in its entirety or they want to force the Bible to fit their beliefs instead of forming their beliefs based on the Bible. Sure there are things we all may have wrong. But to me it all falls into place rather neatly.

You won't get apologist arguments from me. Most the criticisms of the Bible are superficial. And many apologist explanations are superficial. Both come from people who simply don't have the knowledge to properly explain it. I am certainly not a biblical scholar and i could probably answer just about any question you had and if not convince you, at least provide a strong enough argument for you to see why its a possibility

Plus you have to keep in mind that people have darn near dedicated their lives to trying to find things wrong with the Bible and this has been going on for a long time. They don't have much to show for it

Now whether someone believes it or not is a different story. But the Bible does harmonize with itself pretty well. And you are talking to someone who didn't believe parts of it for a while specifically because i felt there were contradictions. As I kept learning and re-reading and studying the verses I saw differently. Verses taken out of context can look so different than what they actually mean. But when taken in context and compared to other books on the same thing where you can stack all the verses next to each other, it is pretty darn consistent. There are some things admittedly we have to simply shrug and i say I don't know. It does happen occasionally. But then again, none of us here are schoalrs

(T) Peace

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#536105 May 19, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>true. but IMO, the hell factor alone cannot make someone a Jesus Follower to YHWH.
Esp. to those who do not believe in your Christian Hell.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#536106 May 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Skom doesn't want anybody to help him. Isnt that obvious enough? I said HELP them up not force them up.
LOL

I didn't realize you joining in on Lele's post to insult me was you helping me up!

Lying is kind of your thing isn't it?
Grace Walker

Wilmington, NC

#536107 May 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
What? LOL
Let's see
-First you claimed you follow all of the teachings of Christ
-Then you claimed they don't apply to you and only applied to the Jews
- Now you are claiming the gospels are part of a man-made religion and are not even legit
Three different stories.
Clearly you don't believe all 3 since they are totally different. You lied at least twice
<quoted text>
Name a single lie I have told
You just lied again
If you read the bible as misguided as you read my post, its no wonder that you are a total mess. YOUR interpretation of the scripture is Manmade. You don't know the difference between the 2 covenants. When that poster stated that the bible is full of contradictions, YOU should have explained WHY.But you CANT, because you don't even know yourself. You are like a blind man leading a blind man. You still haven't answered my previous questions either because you DONT know the answers. Learn the answers before you continue to post false doctrine steve

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#536108 May 19, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> The spirit was speaking of wifely duties for that particular time,....
FUnny how Christians say different parts of the Bible are "for that time" and other parts are for "ever" just to make it agree with their own beliefs.
high end

Upper Darby, PA

#536109 May 19, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the age old question...It goes back to the Crusades @ least, and is very relevant today.
Yeah, the crusades were nasty but it was a means of retaliation.
Looks like religious and non-religious wars have many things in common.

Watford, UK

#536110 May 19, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Were you aware that aware that somebody - Truths? Here For Now?- has been arguing that the prophecy of the destruction of Ninevah was not a failed prophecy, but rather a case of your god changing its mind?
It's understood that reasoned arguments are powerless against faith, and that none of that matters to you. But you might have a care about how absurd you can appear to those not burdened with the need to reject reason to defend faith based beliefs.
Isn't this about the time when someone objects to an unbeliever referring to the bible or interpreting it?
I think they make it all up as they go along.
high end

Upper Darby, PA

#536111 May 19, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Ask Adam if he is a Muslim ~ he has made it clear to all of us that he is. Adam believes in JESUS as a Prophet, but not the Son of GOD. Yes, Christians do need to be careful about judging, don't they?
Christians and muslims are both wrong.
Jesus was a rebellious hippie.
high end

Upper Darby, PA

#536112 May 19, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>JESUS is the SON of GOD sent to us for a purpose.... one of love one another like you would love yourself
If Jesus was a son of god then he can't be god.
high end

Upper Darby, PA

#536113 May 19, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>JESUS brought with HIM a message of love and caring for each other......
He did?
Well it certainly back-fired.
History proves it.
Grace Walker

Wilmington, NC

#536114 May 19, 2013
The Old Covenant was in effect during the time before Jesus’ death, burial, and resurrection when the Jews were living under the Mosaic Law, or, the Old Law, and is associated with the Old Testament and the leadership of Moses.

The New Covenant went into effect after Jesus’ death, burial, and resurrection that fulfilled the requirements of the Old Covenant and Old Law, and is associated with the New Testament and the leadership of Jesus.

The Old Covenant vs. The New Covenant

Jeremiah 31:31-34

Old Covenant – Moses as Minister (2 Corinthians 3:13-15; John 1:17; Hebrews 3:5)
New Covenant - Jesus’ Disciples as Ministers (2 Corinthians 3:6; John 16:12-15)
Old Covenant - A Covenant of the Letter (2 Corinthians 3:6)
New Covenant - A Covenant of the Spirit (2 Corinthians 3:6-8)
Old Covenant - A Covenant which Kills (2 Corinthians 3:6)
New Covenant - A Covenant which Gives Life (2 Corinthians 3:6 – literally “makes alive”)
Old Covenant - A Ministry of Death (2 Corinthians 3:7)
New Covenant - A Ministry of Life (2 Corinthians 3:6)
Old Covenant - A Ministry of Condemnation (2 Corinthians 3:9)
New Covenant - A Ministration of Righteousness (2 Corinthians 3:9)
Old Covenant - A Covenant Written with Ink (2 Corinthians 3:3)
New Covenant - A Covenant Written with the Spirit of the Living God (2 Corinthians 3:3)
Old Covenant - A Covenant Written on Stone (2 Corinthians 3:3-7)
New Covenant - A Covenant Written on the Heart of Man (2 Corinthians 3:3; Jeremiah 31:33; Ezekiel 11:19-20; 36:26)
Old Covenant - A Covenant which came with Glory (2 Corinthians 3:7; Exodus 34:29-35)
New Covenant - A Covenant which came with the Greatest Glory (2 Corinthians 3:8-11)
Old Covenant - A Covenant whose Glory was Passing/Fading (2 Corinthians 3:7)
New Covenant - A Covenant whose Glory Continues to Shine (2 Corinthians 3:18)
Old Covenant - A Veiled or Covered Glory (2 Corinthians 3:12-16)
New Covenant - An Unveiled, Ever-Increasing Glory (2 Corinthians 3:18)
Old Covenant - A Covenant Destined to be Done Away (2 Corinthians 3:11; Hebrews 7:12, 8:13, 10:9)
New Covenant - A Covenant Destined to Last Forever (2 Corinthians 3:11; Hebrews 13:20)
high end

Upper Darby, PA

#536115 May 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
While some perverted the doctrine of the resurrection (2 Timothy 2:18), still others
rejected the fact altogether (Matthew 22:23; Acts 23:6-8; 1 Corinthians 15:22).
II. The resurrection of Jesus Christ occurred in fulfillment of prophecy.
A It was foretold in the Old Testament.
Psalms 16:10 (Acts 2:27; 13:35-37); Psalms 22:21 (John 20:17)
Isaiah 53:10; Jonah 1:17; 2:10 with Matthew 12:40
B. It was predicted by Jesus Himself.
Matthew 16:21 (Mark 8:31) "From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his
disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things ... and be killed,
and be raised again the third day."
Matthew 12:38-40; 17:9, 22, 23; 20:18, 19; 26:32; 27:63
Mark 9:10, 31; 10:32-34,14:28, 58; Luke 9:22; John 2:19, 21, 22
John 10:17, 18 "... I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from
me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it up again..."
Jesus was a wanna-be messiah.
When the prophet Elijah did not show up at the Passover Feast he then took matters on his own.
Grace Walker

Wilmington, NC

#536116 May 19, 2013
Jeremiah 31:31-34 [31] Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:[32] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:[33] But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.[34] And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

See All... Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach NO MORE every man, his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin NO MORE!!!!!!!!
Malone
#536118 May 19, 2013
Hello folks! Hope all is well with everyoneI

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#536119 May 19, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I will go on a limb and say it has to do with the spirit of a person. Example, some days I make as many as 18 stops on my route. Most of my accounts now know me and I'm in/out as quick as possible. Very professional but don't have time for any chit chat. As of now there isn't time to talk about issues of faith and few know what I think and I don't know much about them. I have one store I go to 2 times a week and the receiving manager went off on me one day. It could be many things but if I had to guess it would be the Christ in me she has a problem with. Again just a guess but this lady doesn't know me from Adam. And I know nothing of her and what she believes? Has any other Christian here had anything like this happen?
Good afternoon Chris. I can relate to what you are saying here, I have experienced throughout my life here and there that there are going to be people who will not like you for no apparent reason whatsoever, before I came into the knowledge of God's truth this used to trouble me somewhat, but I believe now as being an elect in God, and you probably can relate as well is that the spirit within us even before salvation, does not cleave with the natural spirit that resides in most people in the world, I believe that God has simply put that within those of us who are called unto grace IN Christ Jesus.

Like myself, I'm sure you have found those who have set themselves against you for no apparent reason of which they wouldn't be able to explain themselves even if their lives were to depend on it ( hypothetically speaking ) that is why we must be careful in how we deal with other people, because if when we do somethings wrong or rub people the wrong way ( and it happens because we are human ) notice that we will be punished or persecuted for it far more than anyone else for doing the same thing, but our God is graceful so also notice that more often than the reverse he allows us to find favor in the eyes of others and very often we also have people who don't know us personally to do us unexpected services that helps us ( having favor with God ) so by no circumstances is it all bad as some see the God in us, and others are troubled by it and set themselves at variance against us, but God has garnered the victory IN his name for us already. Peace.
high end

Upper Darby, PA

#536120 May 19, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been a radio guy for a very long time. Many years ago, now close to 20, I was listening to a local talk show out of Knoxville. One day this atheist calls in and says the reason he wanted no part of the Christian faith was that a man like Hitler could be in heaven by our teaching. This wasn't a show on relgion btw, just pop culture. The host said while he doubted it that yes, if he really repented that could be. At the time I wasn't Christian, really didn't care. But now I do. I pray everyone repents.
I would repent if I had something to repent about.
The only thing that I really feel sorry about is selling my 1957 Chevy Nomad which was equipped with electric windows, power seats, power steering, power brakes and light green tinted glass.
WTF was I thinking?
AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Watford, UK

#536121 May 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
But it isn't a contradiction. God loved the world which is why he sent his only son. He wants to see all come to the knowledge of the truth and be saved.
Yet given the mayhem and murder in Revelation, it would seem that God knew that all won't be coming to the knowledge of the truth and be saved.
Skombolis wrote:
He doesn't love when people sin. He hates sin.
I've heard that he hates sin but Job tells us how he allowed Satan into heaven.
Skombolis wrote:
The Bible never states God loves everybody no matter who and no matter what they do.
You're probably right about this but that seems to be the message I hear from so many believers.
Skombolis wrote:
If you say you love your country and don't want to see it devolve into an immoral mess and do something to try to save it, does that mean you love every single person in it no matter what they do?
No, I certainly don't love everyone in the UK. As for slipping into an immoral mess? These days we live in a multi-cultural society. It's far from being perfect and sometimes it works/sometimes it doesn't.

However, we don't allow people to rely on their religious belief as a way to justify discrimination. It's as simple as that. I guess if equality of religion, women, gays, race, etc is immoral then I welcome it.
Skombolis wrote:
People sometimes tribute things to God incorrectly. God teaches us to love everyone because we are not capable of seeing what is in the heart of a person. That is why God will be the ultimate judge.
(T) Peace
OK, I think I get it. You believe your god wants you to love everyone even though he's already said he'll be coming down from the skies to massacre the non-believers in their billions?
high end

Upper Darby, PA

#536122 May 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
People can always find an excuse to do or not do anything if they want one
It is funny listening to bigots like Ians make posts about how with faith reasoning you get garbage. Yet here is a guy that employs the type of "logic" that says it makes sense to judge the morality of hundreds of millions of people whom he has never met.
It is the same mind-set that someone can tell themselves they wouldn't want to be a Christian because Hitler was. Hitler also loved animals and was a house painter. Would they be cruel to animals and hate people that paint because of Hitler?
Yet these are the people also the loudest when trying to spread their prejudiced views thinking they are presenting logical arguments
Although I do think it is good to pray for everyone
(T) Peace
There's a company called Adolph's Painting which specializes on synagogues.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#536123 May 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Yet you say you wrote thousands of scripts for addictive medications.
You mangled that, too, shit-fer-brains. Here's a little advice: stop saying "you say" or "you said." Produce the words. What I said is that "I have written thousands of narcotic prescriptions." And I have taken great pains to make the distinction between addiction and dependence. I wouldn't become addicted to narcotics even if I took enough to develop dependence and begin vomiting on withdrawal. Hell, I get nauseated on initiation. One Peroccet makes me sick.

I refuse to discuss these matters in your language of ignorance. You'll learn to stop spreading misinformation, or I will continue correcting you.
Skombolis wrote:
It was bad enough you were the kind of "doctor" that didn't even know basic facts like addiction becomes physical
Like I said: shit-fer-brains.
Skombolis wrote:
by telling himself it was the patient's fault for being weak if they got addicted.
No, you drug addled idiot. I never used the word "fault." I didn't blame you for being weak, as in chastising you. I called your proclivity for addiction a weakness, and explained that you and your weakness were the reason for your drug problem, not the drugs themselves.

You haven't got a prayer in this war, Dimwit. You're firing blanks at a boogie man of your own imagining from a position of vulnerability. You're a felon, an addict, and have goo for brains. You lose.

Why? Because that's what you do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr Bongo 72,370
"O.J. hit me while he (BLEEPED!) me! 2 hr Johnny 15
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Johnny 447,480
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 2 hr Johnny 142
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Dang Jersey Piney 995,121
My mom is getting married again 3 hr Doctor REALITY 6
Gay and bi-curious texting (May '12) 5 hr Jackie 13
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 hr Wisdom of Ages 699,536