Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#536071 May 19, 2013
Adam wrote:
I believe Jesus is the Messiah. I believe in his holiness.I believe in his virgin birth. I believe he is one of biggest presents of God to the mankind. I believe he cast out the evil spirits through the will of god. I believe he healed the blind and the sick with god´s permission I believe he woke up the dead´s with god´s permission. I believe he is a master. I believe he is one of the king of the world. I believe he is is a prophet I believe he is a messenger of god. I believe he is a servant of god. I believe in all of his miracles.I believe he is sinless.
Do you believe he's returning?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#536072 May 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi LeLe..
Just catching up and for some reason, this post stopped me dead in my tracks. LOL. How have you been? I happen to agree with you on this. Sad but true.
You guys should get along. Both of you lie about what you believe and then get mad when called on it while trying to use the faith to insult others. And both of you seem to enjoy sucking up to one of the biggest Christian bigots on Topix

Hey just for the record

1) Do you believe Jesus is God

2) You no longer believe the gospels were just meant for the Jews and now believe they are part of a man-made religion?

That's what I don't get about you holier-than-thou Bible Thumpers. For all your insults, you guys always refuse to interpret verses or admit what you believe. I never hide anything i believe. Then again, I can point to scripture that backs it up and I don't have to remember what lies i told to cozy up to people.

I wish I could bet on the odds of you answering both questions. So far it has been like 0-20 on the first one

Are you ashamed of your beliefs? Or is it that it is just more important to you what others think about what you believe than what you actually believe?

I would think if you though Jesus was God you would be declaring the good news from the rooftops the way you talk about how much you witness. Especially since you can't include his teachings. You could preach that much at least right?

I mean even Paul taught this. Or is this another one of those pesky verses even by Paul you don't believe?

1Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

When you stand before Paul on judgement day he is gonna be mad at you:)

Location hidden

#536073 May 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up..
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi LeLe..
Just catching up and for some reason, this post stopped me dead in my tracks. LOL. How have you been? I happen to agree with you on this. Sad but true.
These verses were minutes apart

LOL

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#536074 May 19, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Life's hard being a lost, Christ-rejecting atheist, huh?? Poor evil, rebellious baby...
Dork Vader ...

Location hidden

#536075 May 19, 2013
ooops..posts. I know you make your own bible but I meant to say posts:)

Location hidden

#536076 May 19, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Nice! And much unexpected. The Dimwit is indeed addled and impotent, yet he fancies himself the puppeteer even as he shuffles to salvage a remnant of his dignity.
He would be pitiable if he weren't also so repulsive.
How did you know you priest was stealing money for himself and his family?
mike

AOL

#536077 May 19, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>The you have achieved your desire.....
Thanks

Will you raise the dead in your next performance?

Location hidden

#536078 May 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm back.
Too late. Tell me ahead of time, I am not omniscient!
Let me know next time you go. And don't slack, I want to start seeing some results!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#536079 May 19, 2013
Adam wrote:
(Numbers 23:19) God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?
Serah wrote:
Good Scriptures Adam :)
Were you aware that aware that somebody - Truths? Here For Now?- has been arguing that the prophecy of the destruction of Ninevah was not a failed prophecy, but rather a case of your god changing its mind?

It's understood that reasoned arguments are powerless against faith, and that none of that matters to you. But you might have a care about how absurd you can appear to those not burdened with the need to reject reason to defend faith based beliefs.

Isn't this about the time when someone objects to an unbeliever referring to the bible or interpreting it?
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#536080 May 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi LeLe..
Are you helping SKOM up?

Location hidden

#536081 May 19, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Were you aware that aware that somebody - Truths? Here For Now?- has been arguing that the prophecy of the destruction of Ninevah was not a failed prophecy, but rather a case of your god changing its mind?
It's understood that reasoned arguments are powerless against faith, and that none of that matters to you. But you might have a care about how absurd you can appear to those not burdened with the need to reject reason to defend faith based beliefs.
Isn't this about the time when someone objects to an unbeliever referring to the bible or interpreting it?
It is hard to imply it is an apologist argument when the Bible specially states He relented what He was going to do

If there was some conspiracy the original prophesy wouldn't even had been included. And it wasn't some NT redaction. It explains this in the OT

You are actually arguing for reason when the Bible specifically states God relented?

Your hatred of the faith is making you dumber than usual

Fennario

#536082 May 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
How did you know you priest was stealing money for himself and his family?
I don't know what you are asking. Either link me to my words that you think you understood, or put it to sleep. As always, your unsourced claims that I don't understand or agree with will be rejected out of hand. Your mind is useless and unreliable.

You would do yourself a favor to assimilate that and adapt accordingly, which means to stop asserting that your memories are accurate, and to begin saving notes and links for the purpose of discussing those you find noteworthy.

But I guess if you could do that, we wouldn't be having this discussion again, would we?

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#536083 May 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand the logic you are using. You blame God and the bible if a believer makes a claim that doesn't match up to it?
And yes the punishment for sin would be death if we didn't have Christ's forgiveness. And when we repent and are obedient he forgives us
Matthew 6:14
For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you
1 John 1:19
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Mark 11:25
And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses
James 5:16
Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.
That's just it - I don't blame the god of the bible.

After all, it would be silly blaming something that I don't believe exists.

However I do blame man:

I don't blame the men who wrote the books of the bible. They had their own agenda and were saying what they wanted to say in the way they wanted to say it.

The trouble lies with the men who pronounce the bible as the error-free word of their god.

A bit ironic when we know that the bible is full of contradictions.

Fennario

#536084 May 19, 2013
Serah wrote:
if we pray then at least we are praying!!
You say that like it's a good thing.

Praying is just practicing being submissive and dependent in the quieter moments of your life. In its fullest form, one kneels, puts one hands in a begging position, lowers ones head and averts ones eyes, acknowledges ones own worthlessness and utter dependency, and then begins to beg.
Grace Walker

Wilmington, NC

#536087 May 19, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you helping SKOM up?
Skom doesn't want anybody to help him. Isnt that obvious enough? I said HELP them up not force them up.
Grace Walker

Wilmington, NC

#536088 May 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys should get along. Both of you lie about what you believe and then get mad when called on it while trying to use the faith to insult others. And both of you seem to enjoy sucking up to one of the biggest Christian bigots on Topix
Hey just for the record
1) Do you believe Jesus is God
2) You no longer believe the gospels were just meant for the Jews and now believe they are part of a man-made religion?
That's what I don't get about you holier-than-thou Bible Thumpers. For all your insults, you guys always refuse to interpret verses or admit what you believe. I never hide anything i believe. Then again, I can point to scripture that backs it up and I don't have to remember what lies i told to cozy up to people.
I wish I could bet on the odds of you answering both questions. So far it has been like 0-20 on the first one
Are you ashamed of your beliefs? Or is it that it is just more important to you what others think about what you believe than what you actually believe?
I would think if you though Jesus was God you would be declaring the good news from the rooftops the way you talk about how much you witness. Especially since you can't include his teachings. You could preach that much at least right?
I mean even Paul taught this. Or is this another one of those pesky verses even by Paul you don't believe?
1Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
When you stand before Paul on judgement day he is gonna be mad at you:)
How can anyone LIE about what they believe? Are you still on drugs Skom? You are making less sense than ever. If I believe it then I wont have to lie about it. What is your excuse for all the lies you spill out of your mouth.

Fennario

#536089 May 19, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
God is not mocked
You could have fooled me. Aren't I mocking it right now?
LAWEST100 wrote:
the day of his wrath is fast approaching.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Just keep shaken your Scary Chicken On A Stick and see who reacts.

So your god's not wrathful yet, huh? What if I call him a sky daddy again? Or the worst ogre in all of fiction? What other fictional character is said to want to keep humans awake after their deaths just to keep torturing them to the benefit of nobody? Will that piss him off?

Don't be afraid of your own mind. Somebody infected it long ago. Will you ever transcend that? I did.

Fennario

#536090 May 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
While some perverted the doctrine of the resurrection (2 Timothy 2:18), still others
rejected the fact altogether (Matthew 22:23; Acts 23:6-8; 1 Corinthians 15:22).
II. The resurrection of Jesus Christ occurred in fulfillment of prophecy.
A It was foretold in the Old Testament.
Psalms 16:10 (Acts 2:27; 13:35-37); Psalms 22:21 (John 20:17)
Isaiah 53:10; Jonah 1:17; 2:10 with Matthew 12:40
B. It was predicted by Jesus Himself.
Matthew 16:21 (Mark 8:31) "From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his
disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things ... and be killed,
and be raised again the third day."
Matthew 12:38-40; 17:9, 22, 23; 20:18, 19; 26:32; 27:63
Mark 9:10, 31; 10:32-34,14:28, 58; Luke 9:22; John 2:19, 21, 22
John 10:17, 18 "... I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from
me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it up again..."
The resurrection is metaphorical. There is no more support for it than there is for the six days of creation and one of rest.

Location hidden

#536091 May 19, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just it - I don't blame the god of the bible.
After all, it would be silly blaming something that I don't believe exists.
However I do blame man:
I don't blame the men who wrote the books of the bible. They had their own agenda and were saying what they wanted to say in the way they wanted to say it.
The trouble lies with the men who pronounce the bible as the error-free word of their god.
A bit ironic when we know that the bible is full of contradictions.
But it isn't a contradiction. God loved the world which is why he sent his only son. He wants to see all come to the knowledge of the truth and be saved. He doesn't love when people sin. He hates sin. The Bible never states God loves everybody no matter who and no matter what they do.

If you say you love your country and don't want to see it devolve into an immoral mess and do something to try to save it, does that mean you love every single person in it no matter what they do?

People sometimes tribute things to God incorrectly. God teaches us to love everyone because we are not capable of seeing what is in the heart of a person. That is why God will be the ultimate judge.

(T) Peace

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#536092 May 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
She believes the gospels, including every single thing Jesus taught, including what he taught about salvation does not apply to her. Obviously Revelation isn't going to factor in. Hebrews never factored in before i saw her use that verse today but she doesn't finish the chapter.
Personally people can believe what they want. But she constantly comes in here and calls people pharisees, says they don't trust in the sacrifice, lack faith, compare their beliefs to satan, etc which is combative enough as it is. But this comes from a person that doesn't believe a single word Jesus ever said applies to her. So you might as well save yourself the time because if the verse wasn't written by Paul, she doesn't follow it
I hear what you say and I appreciate your view that her beliefs are misconceived.

Yet, it's precisely confusion of this nature that vexes Christianity. Paul said that God is not the author of confusion. Perhaps he isn't but I guess man certainly is.

Then again, if the bible is truly God's message to us then perhaps it could have been communicated more effectively.

"What we've got here is a failure to communicate."

That's what the man in Cool Hand Luke said.

The CEO of any company needs to communicate effectively with his people. If a company is in a mess and people aren't getting the message then the buck stops with the CEO.

Why should an omniscient god be wholly exonerated of blame when he fails to ensure that his message is clearly understood? You've only got to look at the numerous different bibles that are out there to see that whatever your god thinks. Factor that in with thousands of different Christian denominations, sects and cults, all sure that their particular interpretation of whatever bible they choose to read is the true belief.

If the god of the bible is for real he could do a bit better in the communication stakes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Aura Mytha 982,167
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr Insults Are Easier 122,808
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 hr Toxic Repub Toxins 6,657
____ POPE & ISRAEL Agreement :: *7 YR TRIB ____ 5 hr NewsJune2017 YTube 1
!!!Stop Global GENOCIDE for OIL 5 hr Hiddn Numbrz 3
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 hr Michael 681,608
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr bad bob 184,861
More from around the web