Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#536013 May 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Ok Skom.‘To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord’(2 Cor. 5:8). It’s that simple: If you’re a Christian and you aren’t in your body then you are with Jesus in heaven. There is no room for purgatory in St. Paul’s view. Purgatory is just a Catholic fable– a ‘man made tradition.’” IF we are with the Lord, then how would we be "called from the sea or the grave??? It doesn't make any sense. Of course, manmade RELIGION never did.
You consider the teachings of Jesus Christ to be "man-made religion"

Just follow your Lord and Savior Paul

But of course only the verses you want to and only the words in the verses you want to

Then tell everyone what a staunch believer you are and claim others aren't!

I don't think it gets more ironic than that
Grace Walker

Wilmington, NC

#536014 May 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
You are agreeing with one of the biggest Christian bigots on Topix that came here to bash the faith about how someone should act?
And follow your own advice. There are ways to express YOUR beliefs without attacking the beliefs of others. I don't think there has been a single day you have posted in here that unprovoked you have called other believers pharisees, compared their beliefs to satan, claimed they lack faith, claimed they don't trust in the Sacrifice, claimed they don't follow God, claimed they don't have the truth and on and on and on
Yet you "know" your Bible worse that just about any Christian on Topix
I guess it explains your need to overcompensate
You mean when I quoted the scriptures That JESUS taught?? Where JESUS called them Pharisees? You attack everybody you come across then blame it on everyone but yourself. I have NO need to respect RELIGION. Its a manmade doctrine. I also don't care who you consider a bigot. That poster (IANS) has never said a thing to me that was hurtful, unlike the religious people who I refer to call a bigot. Take it as you wish. I am not on here to please you. You cannot go ONE day on here without fighting with someone who disagrees with you. Have a good one Skom. IF you don't like what I post, don't read them and please stop responding to them. Its quite simple. You expect everyone to believe your religion?? Not gonna happen with everyone my friend. You said you weren't going to get into this again..You lied!!
Grace Walker

Wilmington, NC

#536016 May 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
You are agreeing with one of the biggest Christian bigots on Topix that came here to bash the faith about how someone should act?
And follow your own advice. There are ways to express YOUR beliefs without attacking the beliefs of others. I don't think there has been a single day you have posted in here that unprovoked you have called other believers pharisees, compared their beliefs to satan, claimed they lack faith, claimed they don't trust in the Sacrifice, claimed they don't follow God, claimed they don't have the truth and on and on and on
Yet you "know" your Bible worse that just about any Christian on Topix
I guess it explains your need to overcompensate
A debate is just that Skom. I don't pick and choose who I agree with IF it makes sense. You should learn HOW to debate. I never said you LACKED faith..You seem to have a lot of faith..IN YOURSELF. Quess what?? God rains on the just as much as the unjust. He has mercy on whoever He wants to have mercy. He blesses the sinners as much as the righteous. Get use to it. Sometimes the unbelivers can teach us as much as we can teach them. Nobody has all the answers..NOPE..Not even YOU
Grace Walker

Wilmington, NC

#536017 May 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You consider the teachings of Jesus Christ to be "man-made religion"
Just follow your Lord and Savior Paul
But of course only the verses you want to and only the words in the verses you want to
Then tell everyone what a staunch believer you are and claim others aren't!
I don't think it gets more ironic than that
OF course it does. Go back and read YOUR post..

Location hidden

#536019 May 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean when I quoted the scriptures That JESUS taught?? Where JESUS called them Pharisees? You attack everybody you come across then blame it on everyone but yourself. I have NO need to respect RELIGION. Its a manmade doctrine. I also don't care who you consider a bigot. That poster (IANS) has never said a thing to me that was hurtful, unlike the religious people who I refer to call a bigot. Take it as you wish. I am not on here to please you. You cannot go ONE day on here without fighting with someone who disagrees with you. Have a good one Skom. IF you don't like what I post, don't read them and please stop responding to them. Its quite simple. You expect everyone to believe your religion?? Not gonna happen with everyone my friend. You said you weren't going to get into this again..You lied!!
You are the liar Grace

I have never attacked or criticized what someone believes a single time on topix unless they started the attack. Otherwise whatever people want to believe is up to them

And yes you quote verses from Jesus. It just shows you are a fraud. You do remember when you admitted that you believe the gospels only applied to the Jews and everything Jesus taught before the sacrifice right? How many times do I have to call you on this lie before you stop telling it? Yet you tried to claim you follow the entire Bible and the teachings of Christ. You lied about your beliefs but the truth finally came out

And I had no intention of getting in it again and i said i didn't want to. But par for the course with you, it was only a matter of time before you started posting crap comparing what others believe to satan

Whatever I do has nothing to do with this. YOU are the one who attacks the beliefs of others in the faith every single time you come into this room. And i will continue to correct you with the Bible every time you do it. You don't like it? Too bad. I guess your other option is to keep your opinions about what other's believe to yourself

How weak is your witness that you can't express your beliefs without attacking the beliefs of others?

Since: Sep 10

United States

#536020 May 19, 2013
Off to the gym.
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#536021 May 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
CAREFUL, The lying skombo will say he is making you dance. I wonder if skombo suffers with borderline personality disorder?

Location hidden

#536022 May 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
A debate is just that Skom. I don't pick and choose who I agree with IF it makes sense. You should learn HOW to debate. I never said you LACKED faith.
Your debate tactics are as transparent as they are dishonest

You post a story that basically compares people who don't subscribe to OSAS to satan and then claim you didn't attack someone's faith
Grace Walker

Wilmington, NC

#536023 May 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee Grace, could it be by telling a story that makes someone who believes our works are required as Jesus taught as well as faith would be a position the devil would take?
<quoted text>
Yeah, just cut out those pesky words you don't like. It makes the Bible much easier to follow!
But i understand you are a Christian who feels most of the bible doesn't apply to her, including all of the teachings of Christ
How about this verse Grace? You gonna cut the whole thing out?
2Timothy 2:12
if we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us;
There is a big difference between thinking you will violate a verse and claiming it doesn't apply to you
<quoted text>

You are kidding right? You don't believe any of his teachings apply to us and you are going to ask me what I think the message was? What do you care, you don't follow it anyway
You are just too much Skom..BUT HEY you are right..Those scriptures DONT apply to me BECAUSE I haven't disowned Him..Have you? Something has you running scared that you will not endure until the end. I am confident in the finished work of CHRIST...Phil.1:6 tells me to be.. Being confident of this very thing, that HE which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: I put my trust in what HE will do not what SKOM says.

Location hidden

#536024 May 19, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> CAREFUL, The lying skombo will say he is making you dance. I wonder if skombo suffers with borderline personality disorder?
two
Grace Walker

Wilmington, NC

#536025 May 19, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> CAREFUL, The lying skombo will say he is making you dance. I wonder if skombo suffers with borderline personality disorder?
Hi Bongo..Pleasure meeting you. I like to dance. I have done the two step and the tango and all dances in between with skom before but I wouldn't let him lead so he got mad.:)

Location hidden

#536026 May 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just too much Skom..BUT HEY you are right..Those scriptures DONT apply to me BECAUSE I haven't disowned Him..Have you?
You don't understand the Bible or even words do you?

So do verses about Thou shall not kill not apply to you because you haven't murdered anyone?

But I it revealing to see how you pick and choose what verses you will follow or think apply to you. And hey, if you get stuck in-between you can just eliminate the words you don't like

Yes that verse applies to me

2Timothy 2:12
if we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us;

It applies to every believer of the bible. Do you also not plan on enduring? Or do you get to keep half a verse?
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Something has you running scared that you will not endure until the end. I am confident in the finished work of CHRIST...Phil.1:6 tells me to be.. Being confident of this very thing, that HE which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: I put my trust in what HE will do not what SKOM says.
And how do you know what he will do? You don't believe a single word he said

Location hidden

#536027 May 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Bongo..Pleasure meeting you. I like to dance. I have done the two step and the tango and all dances in between with skom before but I wouldn't let him lead so he got mad.:)
Don't flatter yourself

I wouldn't want to dance with you even metaphorically

As for the leading, I will let Jesus do that. I am content to follow

Too bad you don't believe Him. you could learn a thing or two from your Lord and Savior

I can't believe I have to tell a Christian that but here we are
Grace Walker

Wilmington, NC

#536028 May 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Your debate tactics are as transparent as they are dishonest
You post a story that basically compares people who don't subscribe to OSAS to satan and then claim you didn't attack someone's faith
It was an inspiration story Skom. No wonder you have a hard time dealing with people. You need some psychological help. Anger issues need to be dealt with. Lighten up man. Its a public debate forum. You cant win them all my dear boy. If you want to win, then there is a new gameshow that debates the Bible. Try being a contestant on there and leave the debating to the grown-ups who wont get all hot under the collar if their feelings get trampled on. This is not the Skombolis show Steve. Somebody WILL hurt your feelings sooner or later. I have and never even put much effort into doing so. Take a deep breath and count to 10. This forum doesn't mean as much to some as it obviously does to you. I feel sort for you though. Just ignore my post but I know that you WILL NOT. You come here for the sole purpose of strutting your stuff and get trampled on every time. Is that very Christian of me for saying that??? Probably not but as I said..Christianity is something we RECEIEVE not something WE DO..

Location hidden

#536029 May 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
It was an inspiration story Skom. No wonder you have a hard time dealing with people. You need some psychological help. Anger issues need to be dealt with. Lighten up man. Its a public debate forum. You cant win them all my dear boy. If you want to win, then there is a new gameshow that debates the Bible. Try being a contestant on there and leave the debating to the grown-ups who wont get all hot under the collar if their feelings get trampled on. This is not the Skombolis show Steve. Somebody WILL hurt your feelings sooner or later. I have and never even put much effort into doing so. Take a deep breath and count to 10. This forum doesn't mean as much to some as it obviously does to you. I feel sort for you though. Just ignore my post but I know that you WILL NOT. You come here for the sole purpose of strutting your stuff and get trampled on every time. Is that very Christian of me for saying that??? Probably not but as I said..Christianity is something we RECEIEVE not something WE DO..
LOL

Like i said, as dishonest as they are transparent

You followed your pattern of insulting the beliefs of others

I don't think people who don't subscribe to whatever your beliefs are to find it inspirational to have their beliefs compared to ones satan would argue

You really think people can't see right through you?

You can try to make it about me all you like. It won't change the fact that every time you come in here you attack the beliefs of others in the faith

And what's more is you lie about your own beliefs, you consider the teachings of Christ as part of a man-made religion (hint- the gospel writers teach the message of Christ) and you don't know your bible well at all and cut out the verses or words you don't like. yet you constantly judge others in the faith!

You are just an ignorant person across the board. And equally as dishonest

Location hidden

#536030 May 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Off to the gym.
I was going to do a thousand sit-ups today. But since you are going there anyway I would appreciate if you could do mine for me. just send me the results:)
Grace Walker

Wilmington, NC

#536031 May 19, 2013
Skom, Why do you come on here? All you do is try to tell everybody what they HAVE to do and not ONCE have you tried to carry the message of the cross to those who don't believe. Its as if you are so miserable that YOU HAVE to be so obedient that you want to MAKE others be as miserable as you. That's NOT what Jesus taught so you aren't being a very good follower. Where is the JOY, the PEACE. the COMPASSION???? And most of all the LOVE?? I call it as plainly as I see it. All you do is fight and flaunt your pride which by the way, Pride is the worse of ALL sins. Humble yourself a little. You could be WRONG. I ask you a question but you never answered so I will try again...

IF the Judge is the very one who came down here to die for YOU, What do you think the verdict will be? Chew on that a while!!
Grace Walker

Wilmington, NC

#536032 May 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Like i said, as dishonest as they are transparent
You followed your pattern of insulting the beliefs of others
I don't think people who don't subscribe to whatever your beliefs are to find it inspirational to have their beliefs compared to ones satan would argue
You really think people can't see right through you?
You can try to make it about me all you like. It won't change the fact that every time you come in here you attack the beliefs of others in the faith
And what's more is you lie about your own beliefs, you consider the teachings of Christ as part of a man-made religion (hint- the gospel writers teach the message of Christ) and you don't know your bible well at all and cut out the verses or words you don't like. yet you constantly judge others in the faith!
You are just an ignorant person across the board. And equally as dishonest
When you learn exactly what the Gospel is then we can talk. I don't mean what your preacher tells you either. Do you even know WHAT and Where the Gospel actually began? Obviously Not or we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Grace Walker

Wilmington, NC

#536033 May 19, 2013
(Romans 3:19, 20 KJV)
"Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin."

It is soooo much better to look into the perfect law of liberty revealed in and through Jesus Christ, which reflects my Righteousness and Freedom from a Law based relationship with God! Than to keep looking at the Law and a Law based relationship with God, which reflects my sin and produces Guilt and a sin conscious all the time!
Because all the Law can do and will ever do, is to make a man guilty before God and stop the liberty and freedom of a Love Relationship with my Father!

Location hidden

#536034 May 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Skom, Why do you come on here? All you do is try to tell everybody what they HAVE to do and not ONCE have you tried to carry the message of the cross to those who don't believe. Its as if you are so miserable that YOU HAVE to be so obedient that you want to MAKE others be as miserable as you. That's NOT what Jesus taught so you aren't being a very good follower. Where is the JOY, the PEACE. the COMPASSION???? And most of all the LOVE?? I call it as plainly as I see it. All you do is fight and flaunt your pride which by the way, Pride is the worse of ALL sins. Humble yourself a little. You could be WRONG. I ask you a question but you never answered so I will try again...
IF the Judge is the very one who came down here to die for YOU, What do you think the verdict will be? Chew on that a while!!
A) I am not miserable at all

B) Why would someone who doesn't believe Christ's teachings apply to her STILL be talking about what he taught? Did you lie about following Christ for so long that even when just reminded that lie has come back to bite you, you still can't stop?

3) My witness doesn't include bashing others in the faith and I have witnessed to people outside the faith and explained verses many times. granted it takes me longer because I include Jesus and use the entire Bible.

But like I said, transparent as they are dishonest. Do you really think I care enough about you grace for you to be capable of getting me upset? You can keep trying to make it about me or whatever armchair psychology you think may win you points but people are smarter than you think. They can see who came in here once again bashing the beliefs of others. Unless your story is you are so stupid that despite all the arguments that have taken place in here over OSAS and you specifically comparing what people believe to satan, that you had no idea posting a story comparing what other people believe to satan would be an issue?

If you want to lie about your beliefs go ahead i guess. If you want to lie yourself, I am sure its nothing new., But don't try lying to me Grace, you aren't smart enough to get away with it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr LAWEST100 445,856
News Michael Jackson Called A 'wonderful Humanitarian' (Jul '09) 3 hr Antonio Raviolio 7,659
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Antonio Raviolio 184,621
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 hr True Christian-Jew 104,696
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr True Christian-Jew 673,155
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr True Christian-Jew 981,254
what are the physical differences between india... (Jun '09) 5 hr True Christian-Jew 95
More from around the web