Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#535933 May 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I would guess for the same reasons other posters have switched beliefs, faiths, groups, etc on Topix and just make up back-stories or positions with each metamorphosis.
LeLe realized there were almost no regulars in here that want anything to do with her. She could only talk to herself for so long or keep supposedly showing up out of nowhere to obsess over Lawest. She say a better deal for herself so she traded in her pretend faith and is looking to butter up to one of the biggest bigots on Topix
Makes her attacking anybody for their views that much funnier.
Although I am sure calling her out on her nonsense played a role as well. Things like she couldn't sleep at night if she thought God was the kind of god who wouldn't save everybody, even unrepentant child molesters. Then she shows up weeks later championing the death penalty for them. She will say whatever she needs to in order to trey to get someone to like her and she will take whatever position she needs to in order to fight with someone
As she has shown more of her true colors, I am glad I don't have her approval. The fact that she cozies up to bigots just confirms what I already knew
I've been a radio guy for a very long time. Many years ago, now close to 20, I was listening to a local talk show out of Knoxville. One day this atheist calls in and says the reason he wanted no part of the Christian faith was that a man like Hitler could be in heaven by our teaching. This wasn't a show on relgion btw, just pop culture. The host said while he doubted it that yes, if he really repented that could be. At the time I wasn't Christian, really didn't care. But now I do. I pray everyone repents.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#535934 May 19, 2013
Well....I didn't win 600 million...So I guess I will post here....:-)

MORNING....

“Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.”

Thought For The Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#535935 May 19, 2013
Today's Prayer

Dear God, Thank you for having a purpose for my life and for telling me what Your expectations are through the Bible. I know You must be disappointed with me many times, when I fail to meet Your expectations of me. I can identify with that from a human standpoint. When I expect a family member to be responsible and to do something that they do not do, or when they make wrong choices in life, I am very disappointed. Sometimes I feel frustrated or angry and other times heartbroken. Help me to be kind-hearted and long-suffering with them, like You are with me. Guide me to handle those disappointments with integrity; to remain quiet when I should and to speak up when I should. Please give me the thoughts, words, and actions You want me to have. And God, please forgive me for disappointing You. In Jesus' name I

Prime Time with GOd

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#535936 May 19, 2013
Encouraging Words.....

And if you search for Him with all your heart and soul, you will find him.

Deuteronomy 4:29

K-Love

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#535937 May 19, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
it is funny that you like to quote scripture from a book that you obviously don't believe in

That actually makes his understanding and interpretation of your scriptures more reliable. He reads it without your confirmation bias. He can read the absurd and laugh, where you would be taking notes and trying to memorize the absurdity.

You have no more authority in biblical interpretation than you do in matters such as what spirituality and love are, or in what constitutes a basis for morality, meaning or purpose in life. We're taking it all back.

We'll tell you what the words mean, and our versions will be as valid and authoritative as anybody else's, if not more so.

Fennario

#535938 May 19, 2013
Adam wrote:
I thought I was the only one who realized that he isn´t normal. PPl in his old age don´t talk like this.
Didn't you just post about cutting off somebody's hands and tongue?
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

You're Muslim, aren't you?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#535939 May 19, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>ooooh...... weird thought!! My daughter has no sense of smell (she had a very nasty fall and bruised her brain and recovered with the loss of smell) and there is no indication that she can taste escaping gas.... I think we're safe :)
Can she taste food?.....Poor thing if everything tastes the same to her....

Love to you My Aussie Friend
Grace Walker

Wilmington, NC

#535940 May 19, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the bible says that we are judged by our works.
The truth of the Gospel message is that there is NOTHING that anyone can do that will get us saved. Jesus took our guilt upon Himself and died in our place. He has paid the penalty for every sin ever committed by anyone in the human race including those yet to be committed. Does this mean we all are saved? NO! It means we all CAN be saved if we will believe in Him and accept His sacrifice as applying to each of us, personally. We have a choice who we will follow.

John 3:16-AV For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Christianity isn't what we DO, It's what we RECIEVE.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#535941 May 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
While some perverted the doctrine of the resurrection (2 Timothy 2:18), still others
rejected the fact altogether (Matthew 22:23; Acts 23:6-8; 1 Corinthians 15:22).
II. The resurrection of Jesus Christ occurred in fulfillment of prophecy.
A It was foretold in the Old Testament.
Psalms 16:10 (Acts 2:27; 13:35-37); Psalms 22:21 (John 20:17)
Isaiah 53:10; Jonah 1:17; 2:10 with Matthew 12:40
B. It was predicted by Jesus Himself.
Matthew 16:21 (Mark 8:31) "From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his
disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things ... and be killed,
and be raised again the third day."
Matthew 12:38-40; 17:9, 22, 23; 20:18, 19; 26:32; 27:63
Mark 9:10, 31; 10:32-34,14:28, 58; Luke 9:22; John 2:19, 21, 22
John 10:17, 18 "... I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from
me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it up again..."
Good to see you Grace.....

God Bless You.....:-)

Clearwater and Honolulu

#535942 May 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Weaker faith than someone who pretends to be a believer? Interesting
And who are you to judge people's faith? You have a direct line to God now?
And while Lacez has chilled out in recent weeks, you ever consider the animosity towards him had much less to do with him being gay and way more to do with him coming here and being a jerk to just about every believer in the room?
There are people who have posted in here that are gay or have gay kids or friends. And well understandably they probably hear things from time to time they don't like on the subject but they also understand people have been brought up in the faith and how it affects their beliefs on the subject. They are still friends with many believers, even ones they know they don't see eye to eye with on this subject. Probably in part because they didn't come here simply to troll and bash. Although I will give credit where it is due and he has been making an effort to settle in a little more. But nobody chased him down and tried to force their beliefs on him. If people were weak in their faith they would care more what some anonymous poster thinks of them than being honest about what they believe. Again, something you wouldn't know anything about as you faked almost all your beliefs for approval.
But to try to portray this room as hateful to people who are gay or Christians that are weak in their faith is simply a joke. The funny thing is that nothing is any different now than it was 3 years ago other than you aren't pretending to be a Christian any more. Some of your closest "friends" (or people you used to claim as friends) feel different than you do on this issue. Did you ever say anything to them over the years about it? You don't like certain people in this room and have used this issue as an excuse to pursue it. You may actually be sincere on how you feel about this issue (then again who knows) but that you only target people you don't like on it speaks for itself
I will go on a limb and say it has to do with the spirit of a person. Example, some days I make as many as 18 stops on my route. Most of my accounts now know me and I'm in/out as quick as possible. Very professional but don't have time for any chit chat. As of now there isn't time to talk about issues of faith and few know what I think and I don't know much about them. I have one store I go to 2 times a week and the receivingmanager went off on me one day. It could be many things but if I had to guess it would be the Christ in me she has a problem with. Again just a guess but this lady doesn't know me from Adam. And I know nothing of her and what she believes? Has any other Christian here had anything like this happen?

Clearwater and Honolulu

#535943 May 19, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Well....I didn't win 600 million...So I guess I will post here....:-)
MORNING....
“Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.”
Thought For The Day
Good morning, praise and glory to God. I didn't win either. Didn't buy a ticket. But I read whoever did was about 40 miles north of here at Zephyrhills. Thankful today to be off, my wife is off and we can go to church soon. When I worked nights I missed that. God bless.
Grace Walker

Wilmington, NC

#535944 May 19, 2013
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight ... " (Rom. 3:20)
"for we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law," (Rom. 3:28)
"For what does the Scripture say?‘And Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness'" (Rom. 4:3)
"Therefore, having been justified by faith ... " (Rom. 5:1)
"But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is reckoned as righteousness" (Rom. 4:5).

http://carm.org/are-we-justified-faith-romans...

Fennario

#535945 May 19, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely!
Look what he did to Onan
So much for free will.
Al-Onan is the organization for masturbation addicts. It's nice to have somebody pulling for you.
Grace Walker

Wilmington, NC

#535946 May 19, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to see you Grace.....
God Bless You.....:-)
Hi Epi..God Bless you as well. Just felt like stopping in and quoting a few scriptures so everyone will be reminded that we are saved by GRACE.:)

Fennario

#535947 May 19, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Which explains why you can't use reason with people who have abandoned it.

“You do not reason a man out of something he was not reasoned into.”~Jonathan Swift
Grace Walker

Wilmington, NC

#535948 May 19, 2013
It is erroneous to take a verse, read it without its context, and then attempt to develop a doctrine from that verse alone. Therefore, let's take a look at the context of James 2:24 which says that a man is justified by works.

James chapter 2 has 26 verses: Verses 1-7 instruct us not to show favoritism. Verses 8- 13 are comments on the Law. Verses 14-26 are about the relationship between faith and works.

James begins this section by using the example of someone who says he has faith, verses 14. He then immediately gives an example of what true and false faiths are. He begins with the negative and demonstrates what an empty faith is (verses 15-17). Then he gives an example of the type of faith that isn't much different from the faith of demons (verse 19). Finally, he gives examples of living faith by showing Abraham and Rahab as the type of people who demonstrated their faith by their deeds.

James is examining two kinds of faith: one that leads to godly works and one that does not. One is true, and the other is false. One is dead, the other alive; hence, "Faith without works is dead," (James 2:20).

This is why in the middle of his section on faith and works, he says in verse 19, "You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder." James says this because the demons believe in God, that is, they have faith, but the faith they have is useless. It does not result in appropriate works. Their faith is only a mental acknowledgment of God's existence.

http://carm.org/are-we-justified-faith-romans...

:) Thank You Jesus.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#535949 May 19, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Jump in. The fray is warm.
That's because everybody has already pee'd in it.
It is what it is.
~snicker~

Haven't you seen our sign posted....

A...B....C....D...E...F...G... .H....I...J...K...L....M...N.. ..O....Q....R....S....T....U.. .V...W....X....Y...Z

We left out the P....We would appreciate if you would also in our POOL (Fray)

LOL

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#535950 May 19, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, praise and glory to God. I didn't win either. Didn't buy a ticket. But I read whoever did was about 40 miles north of here at Zephyrhills. Thankful today to be off, my wife is off and we can go to church soon. When I worked nights I missed that. God bless.
Hey there Chris....Good to see you....So we have a winner in FLorida....Awesome....Have a Blessed SONday!!

Fennario

#535951 May 19, 2013
Capillary Action wrote:
People who buy into this are already on their way to becoming atheists. They're just looking for their transition to be guided by a framework that is familiar to them; empty bullshit. What I find sad is, these people realize, perhaps only on an unconscious level, that deity beliefs are untenable. The more descriptive they are, the less tenable they are. If they could realize this on a conscious level as rational skeptics, they could save a lot of time and embarrassment.
Agreed.

Although thing are improving, atheism has been badly stigmatized, and religion so lauded that many skeptics prefer the culture of the one over the other even in their skepticism. We will all benefit by leveling the playing field there. Even as unbelief becomes more socially acceptable, religious belief needs to become stigmatized, something best accomplished by its persistent criticism, condemnation, and ridicule.
Grace Walker

Wilmington, NC

#535952 May 19, 2013
Repentance will not make you see Christ; but to see Christ will give you repentance.”~Spurgeon

Religion is mans attempt to reach God, Christianity is God's attempt to reach man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 min par five 7,870
what do americans think of mexicans? (Sep '08) 2 min white 420
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Buck Crick 877,171
The Christian Atheist debate 7 min too lazy to log in 3,773
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 12 min Halle Berry Sister 2,856
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 24 min June VanDerMark 603,081
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 52 min onemale 272,820
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr sangili karuppan 7,606
More from around the web