Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#535963 May 19, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Al-Onan is the organization for masturbation addicts. It's nice to have somebody pulling for you.
Al-onan Again Or

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#535964 May 19, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what I have found....if I have a "dislike" with someone or they have a "dislike" of me....Sometimes it is GOD moving us in a direction where we could help them...
Well sure, if you want to be all mature and Jesus-like about the situation

Show-off!

Just kidding:)

Good post. I only edited it because I wanted to comment on that one part. The whole post was really good

(T) Peace

Watford, UK

#535965 May 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
It is erroneous to take a verse, read it without its context, and then attempt to develop a doctrine from that verse alone. Therefore, let's take a look at the context of James 2:24 which says that a man is justified by works.
James chapter 2 has 26 verses: Verses 1-7 instruct us not to show favoritism. Verses 8- 13 are comments on the Law. Verses 14-26 are about the relationship between faith and works.
James begins this section by using the example of someone who says he has faith, verses 14. He then immediately gives an example of what true and false faiths are. He begins with the negative and demonstrates what an empty faith is (verses 15-17). Then he gives an example of the type of faith that isn't much different from the faith of demons (verse 19). Finally, he gives examples of living faith by showing Abraham and Rahab as the type of people who demonstrated their faith by their deeds.
James is examining two kinds of faith: one that leads to godly works and one that does not. One is true, and the other is false. One is dead, the other alive; hence, "Faith without works is dead," (James 2:20).
This is why in the middle of his section on faith and works, he says in verse 19, "You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder." James says this because the demons believe in God, that is, they have faith, but the faith they have is useless. It does not result in appropriate works. Their faith is only a mental acknowledgment of God's existence.
http://carm.org/are-we-justified-faith-romans...
:) Thank You Jesus.
I wasn't taking a verse out of context:

"And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works."

Revelation 20:13

How much clearer does it have to be?

According to the above scripture, when that day of judgement comes, it's our works and not our faith, that we'll be judged on.

Location hidden

#535966 May 19, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I will go on a limb and say it has to do with the spirit of a person. Example, some days I make as many as 18 stops on my route. Most of my accounts now know me and I'm in/out as quick as possible. Very professional but don't have time for any chit chat. As of now there isn't time to talk about issues of faith and few know what I think and I don't know much about them. I have one store I go to 2 times a week and the receivingmanager went off on me one day. It could be many things but if I had to guess it would be the Christ in me she has a problem with. Again just a guess but this lady doesn't know me from Adam. And I know nothing of her and what she believes? Has any other Christian here had anything like this happen?
I think she picks her targets on who she has a problem with personally or depending on who she is trying to impress and cozy up to

For all her talk about standing up for what she believes is right, she conveniently only does it when it is self-serving

She probably does believe what she is saying. I gotta be honest and I think it is the issue first and then Christianity and a close second. Especially now. But when you only speak up against people you wanna fight with, it kind of defeats the whole purpose of standing up for what is right.

I obviously go easier on my friends, as most people do that are willing to say something to friend and foe alike, but to have credibility one must do both. But that is Topix for ya. A lot of people are more concerned with improving their standing in some clique than being their own person

(T) Peace
Doctor REALITY

United States

#535967 May 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Religion is mans attempt to reach God, Christianity is God's attempt to reach man.
Hallelujah....

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#535968 May 19, 2013
Capillary Action wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't look behind the curtain!
Believers distract and divert to save themselves from realizations. Whether a workaround or suppression is used, something needs to happen to protect their faith. Because the discomfort of cognitive dissonance can be a real problem, the unconscious mind does the lion's share of this work. It's all behind the curtain, and they know just enough to know not to loonok.
Do you know Morton's demon, an allegorical treatment of the use of confirmation bias to combat cognitive dissonance?

"The demon makes its victim feel very comfortable as there is no contradictory data in view."
http://www.talkorigins.org/origins/postmonth/...

Watford, UK

#535969 May 19, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. We've seen a lot of this trying to pull rank lately. Lawest was using it yesterday.
Yes, I also thought that.

Of course, the reality is that if something can be understood by one, then it can be understood by all. No faith or piety is needed.

That's what science shows us again and again.

Location hidden

#535970 May 19, 2013
Phaerae wrote:
<quoted text>
I've missed you too my friend, just don't have the heart to jump into the fray.
I understand

Sometimes there are other things going on. I heard a productive discussion as scheduled to coincide with the next blue moon:)

Actually it does seem to be getting slightly better about real conversations getting into the mix. Hope you are still checking in us at least. Stop in and post when you can. I don't like going this long without seeing you. I just can't get into FB. I waste too much time here already

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#535971 May 19, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
every moral citizen has an obligation to stand against evil.
Bigots think they are doing that as well

I would ask you if you know what the difference is but I already know the answer

Location hidden

#535972 May 19, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Skom !!
My number starts with 666 according to some on Topix.
Dang, I had my phone company put a block on all 900 and 666 numbers!

For you, I will make an exception:)

Location hidden

#535973 May 19, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
"And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works."
According to the above scripture, when that day of judgement comes, it's our works and not our faith, that we'll be judged on.
It is not the only thing though. Continue reading Revelation

Revelation 21:8
But the cowardly, the UNBELIEVING, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

I capitalized that just for emphasis but clearly faith is needed

(T) Peace
Grace Walker

Wilmington, NC

#535974 May 19, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that However, A believer will not be judged the same as an unbeliever. Our judgment has already been paid for through the finished work at the cross. When you read scripture, one has to discern WHO that particular verse was written to..The believer or the Non believer. If we cant understand that then YES, the bible would seem to be very contradicting. Not to mention that there are TWO different covenants being discussed in the bible. If we try to mix the two then that would be like mixing oil and water...It just doesn't mix. The believers sins are washed away because we have received Jesus as Savior. Hebrews 10:12 records, he offered one sacrifice for sins FOREVER. No record of our sin remains (Hebrews 8:12; Micah 7:19). He took our sin upon Himself and defeated it with His sacrificial death and glorious resurrection.
Grace Walker

Wilmington, NC

#535975 May 19, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Hallelujah....
Hi Doc..How have you been??

Location hidden

#535976 May 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that However, A believer will not be judged the same as an unbeliever. Our judgment has already been paid for through the finished work at the cross. When you read scripture, one has to discern WHO that particular verse was written to..The believer or the Non believer. If we cant understand that then YES, the bible would seem to be very contradicting. Not to mention that there are TWO different covenants being discussed in the bible. If we try to mix the two then that would be like mixing oil and water...It just doesn't mix. The believers sins are washed away because we have received Jesus as Savior. Hebrews 10:12 records, he offered one sacrifice for sins FOREVER. No record of our sin remains (Hebrews 8:12; Micah 7:19). He took our sin upon Himself and defeated it with His sacrificial death and glorious resurrection.
You know i don't want to get into this again but just in the sake of full disclosure i want to finish the verse you quoted. Yes Hebrews 10:12 says the sacrifice for sins is forever. But it foes on in that very same chapter to explain

Hebrews 10:26
If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,

I am not going to debate the point. I just want anybody reading to make up their own mind and have the later verses

Anyway, glad to see you posting again

(T) Peace
Grace Walker

Wilmington, NC

#535977 May 19, 2013
Here is something to consider...

If the Judge is the SAME ONE that died for OUR sins...What Do you think the verdict will be????

Location hidden

#535978 May 19, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Well....I didn't win 600 million...So I guess I will post here....:-)
I would probably still post. Just much less and from a way nicer location and on a better computer!

:)
Grace Walker

Wilmington, NC

#535979 May 19, 2013
My Day In Court

After living a "decent" life my time on earth came to an end. The first
thing I remember is sitting on a bench in the waiting room of what I thought
to be a courthouse. The doors opened and I was instructed to come in and
have a seat by the defense table. As I looked around I saw the "prosecutor,"
he was a villainous looking gent who snarled, as he stared at me. He
definitely was the most evil person I have ever seen. I sat down and looked
to my left and there sat my lawyer, a kind and gentle looking man whose
appearance seemed very familiar to me. The corner door flew open and there
appeared the judge in full flowing robes. He commanded an awesome presence
as he moved across the room, and I couldn't take my eyes off him. As he took
his seat behind the bench, he said "Let us begin."

The prosecutor rose and said "My name is Satan, and I am here to show you
why this man belongs in hell." He proceeded to tell of lies that I told,
things that I stole and in the past when I cheated others. Satan told of
other horrible perversions that were once in my life, and the more he spoke
the further down in my seat I sank. I was so embarrassed that I couldn't
look at anyone, even my own lawyer, as the Devil told of sins that even I
had completely forgotten about.

As upset as I was at Satan for telling all these things about me, I was
equally upset at my representative who sat there silently not offering any
form of defense at all. I know I had been guilty of those things, but I had
done some good in my life -- couldn't that at least equal out part of the
harm I've done. Satan finished with a fury and said "This man belongs in
hell. he is guilty of all that I have charged and there is not a person who
can prove otherwise. Justice will finally be served this day."

When it was his turn, my lawyer first asked if he might approach the bench.
The judge allowed this over the strong objection of Satan and beckoned him
to come forward. As he got up and started walking I was able to see him now
in his full splendor and majesty. Now I realized why he seemed so familiar.
his was Jesus representing me; my Lord and my Savior. He stopped at the
bench and softly said to the judge, "Hi Dad," and then He turned to address
the court.

"Satan was correct in saying that this man had sinned. I won't deny any of
these allegations. And yes the wages of sins is death and this man deserves
to be punished". Jesus took a deep breath and turned to His Father with
outstretched arms and proclaimed, "However, I died on the cross so that this
person might have eternal life, and he has accepted Me as his Savior, so he
is mine." My Lord continued with "His name is written in the book of life
and no one can snatch him from Me. Satan still does not understand yet, this
man is not to be given justice, but rather mercy."

As Jesus sat down, He quietly paused, looked at his Father and replied,
"There is nothing else that needs to be done, I've done it all."

The Judge lifted His mighty hand and slammed the gavel down, and the
following words bellowed from His lips -- "This man is free -- the penalty
for him has already been paid in full, case dismissed."

As my Lord led me away I could hear Satan ranting and raving, "I won't give
up, I'll win the next one." I asked Jesus as He gave me my instructions
where to go next, "Have you ever lost a case?"

Christ lovingly smiled and said, "Everyone that has come to me and asked Me
to represent them has received the same verdict as you, Paid in Full."

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#535980 May 19, 2013
Adam wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =oYsNjZOBo-oXX
Stories Of The Prophets-14~ Lot [Lut](AS)

Yikes! That dude looked like he had just cut off somebody's hands.

If you want to peddle that stuff in the West, you're going to need to repackage it. The keffiyeh look (rag-head to Americans) has got to go. Maybe a baseball cap with the Yankee insignia instead.

And the beard. That's a problem, too.

And the music, including the sung prayers. It's dreadful.

Oh, and the daggers from the eyes. Lighten up.

It's probably best not to use Middle Easterners at all. And for this purpose, that goes as far East as Afghanistan and all of the other -stans.

All of that talk about hellfire, regret after death, wrongdoers, evildoers, and foolishness sounded pretty familiar, but the limited market for it has pretty much cornered by the Christians, and is shrinking as I write.

I like the Arabic writing, though.

Watford, UK

#535981 May 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not the only thing though. Continue reading Revelation
Revelation 21:8
But the cowardly, the UNBELIEVING, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."
I capitalized that just for emphasis but clearly faith is needed
(T) Peace
Therein we see the false love of the bible god.

So when a christian says that their god loves everyone, it's a lie.

According to the scripture you just quoted, it's clear that your your god does not love everyone.

I note that it also says ALL LIARS. Not some liars, not people who have only told a little white lie - it says all liars.

How many christians have lied? More than would be prepared to admit, I guess.

Ah well looks like they'll be burning as well.

Location hidden

#535982 May 19, 2013
What separates the lambs from the sheep?

Matthew 25:42-46

42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer,‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply,‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Just chatt 8 min Alone 2
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 18 min Buck Crick 63,241
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min Liamm 653,566
Katie mitchell 22 min Cuziknow 1
girls, when is the first time u saw a penis (Feb '14) 1 hr 13yokinkygirl 12
UK Phone Numbers for Fun 2 hr Marcen18064742 13
I'm so wet right now and want to talk dirty wit... (Jun '13) 2 hr Marcen18064742 64
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 3 hr Eduardo 42
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 973,529
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr DebraE 106,460
More from around the web