Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#535900 May 18, 2013
If anybody wants to reach IANS try calling his hotline

1-900-dumbass

Its a medical hotline where the operators don't know even the most basic things related to their field and they will give you a regiment t follow that will make you worse off for having talked to them. But they will still gladly take your money

Location hidden

#535901 May 18, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good evening Skom. How're you tonight?
That was a rather weird response on his part.
Weird for real life or weird for Topix?

:)

I'm doing well How about yourself?

Location hidden

#535902 May 18, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
How depressing is this?
Here's a tip: Whenever anybody demands your obedience to them over your family, you should walk away from them. That is a red flag for cultic behavior.
How depressing is this?

You were so thrilled that leaving Christianity created a set of circumstances that allowed you to retire early and now all you do is talk about about Christianity day and night?

Did Isay depressing? Sorry, I meant funny:)

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#535903 May 18, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
If anybody wants to reach IANS try calling his hotline
1-900-dumbass
Its a medical hotline where the operators don't know even the most basic things related to their field and they will give you a regiment t follow that will make you worse off for having talked to them. But they will still gladly take your money
Isn't that the same number for several of this threads immigrants?

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#535904 May 18, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good evening Alice, believe me..........you will NOT want to be there, and to answer your question..........
2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
The word that jumps out at me is profitable.

Oh, and don't tell me where I want to be. When your messiah comes with his sword, what makes you think I can't defeat him? Have you seen either of us in competition? I generally give no quarter.

Expect No Mercy

;-)

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#535905 May 18, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
While you are making up your mind, you can always call me at 1-555-AWESOME
Hi Skom !!

My number starts with 666 according to some on Topix.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#535906 May 18, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Skom !!
My number starts with 666 according to some on Topix.
So does mine.
Lost In Transition

United States

#535907 May 18, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
So does mine.
Mine starts with 333.
I'm only half bad.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#535908 May 18, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Weird for real life or weird for Topix?
I'm doing well How about yourself?
Both!!

Doing well my friend, God is in control.

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#535909 May 19, 2013
Capillary Action wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't look behind the curtain!
Believers distract and divert to save themselves from realizations. Whether a workaround or suppression is used, something needs to happen to protect their faith. Because the discomfort of cognitive dissonance can be a real problem, the unconscious mind does the lion's share of this work. It's all behind the curtain, and they know just enough to know not to look.
Given the overwhelming lack of evidence for their god, these people see their faith as a virtue.

I guess my faith is in the ultimate goodness of mankind to get by without the superstitious mumbo jumbo of religion.

Watford, UK

#535910 May 19, 2013
sammy wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus, you make my sides crack with your comments you are funny as f..ck I would like to know you better
Cheers!

Watford, UK

#535911 May 19, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Strewth! That must have been the problem in Newcastle. Too many women lifting their shirts right off @ the beach.
Then there's a thing called tectonic plates...
Tectonic plates?

That's what those scientists talk about.

WTF do they know?

Let's see what the bible has to say about this.

;-)

Watford, UK

#535912 May 19, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>It is what they aspired for ~ most people are happy to receive what they want....
Nope, it's what an evil and sadistic entity does.

Good thing he's only imaginary.

Now, have you got a minute?

I'd like to speak to you about the Word of Sauron.

Watford, UK

#535913 May 19, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Those were the Scriptures in the Old Testament, as you know Adam, and JESUS was sent to us for a reason. I still believe GOD would not mind if people Pray to JESUS or believe JESUS is GOD... it is the belief that counts IMO.
Does your god mind when people pray to the Virgin Mary?

What about all the saints? There are over 10,000 of them.

I guess it's OK to pray to them as well. After all, that's just what the vast majority of the world's christians do.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#535914 May 19, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Both!!
Doing well my friend, God is in control.
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>
God is in control.

Watford, UK

#535915 May 19, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
The doctrine of the resurrection is one of the most fundamental teachings of the Christian faith.
1 Corinthians 15:14, 17 "And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is
also vain.... And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins."
Hebrews 6:1, 2
A. Our salvation and justification before God is based upon our belief in the resurrection
of Jesus Christ.
Romans 4:24, 25 "But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that
raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; who was delivered for our offences, and was raised
again for our justification."
Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe
in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Actually, the bible says that we are judged by our works.

Watford, UK

#535916 May 19, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> It has not been proven beyond a reasonable doubt that a deity is non existent. According to the story of the bears ripping up the boys for mocking a man of God, even if it was a fictional story, it would have been wise for them to show respect. If a group of kids went down a street in Brooklyn and started yelling "porch monkey" they would look like swiss cheese before they left the block. Even man don't take no BS.
The evidence for the existence of god of the bible is equally as sparse as the evidence for the gods/goddesses of the Hindus.

Watford, UK

#535917 May 19, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I am not a Pat Robertson fan, and he does say some off the chain, but his overall point is taken in as much that America, like many great nations before it, are in danger of going in the same direction of falling under God's wrath for the immoral direction that it is taking.
God is not mocked, and the day of his wrath is fast approaching.
Except that it's been fast approaching for nearly two thousand years and throughout that period we've had christians saying "the end is nigh". I don't see you as being any different to those that have gone before.

When the author of Revelation said that Jesus was coming "soon" he really meant "soon". Not, nearly two thousand years later.

Rev 22:20

Futhermore, no less a person than Paul foretold that the end would come in his lifetime and that he'd be one of those who fly up to heaven.

1 Thess. 4:15-17

Check out the first words of Jesus in the oldest surviving gospel. "Very near/close/at hand/etc" is not over two thousand years.

Mark 1:15

Luke tells us that "Even now the axe is lying at the root of the trees". What he failed to mention is that two thousand years later it will still be lying there because his god has failed to pick it up. Of course, Luke wasn't thinking that his god would take that long. eh?

Luke 3: 7-9

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#535918 May 19, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rQbj9uvYL8IXX
I saw the new Star Trek in 3D tonight.

I'm glad I paid for the extra D.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#535919 May 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask yourself "Who can I trust? And how do I know I can trust them?"
Trust is a critical ingredient in our relationships. In intimate relationships, it's the foundation. All of us here have some sort of relationship with the other posters, albeit a strange, online relationship.
How do I trust you? How do you trust me?
Faith? Knowledge? Experience?
I dunno.
We're all in the same boat. We're in this together people. We've all been hurt, and we're all trying to avoid that happening again.
My potential trust of you, is determined by my perception of your honesty. When I find that you are a "christian", I already know that you lie to yourself, and probably to me; not a good start.

In your case, I would not lend you more then 2 dollars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min spud 7,181
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Wilbur 982,216
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Bongo 123,347
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Rosesz 681,740
Virginia man charged with espionage for deliver... 1 hr Brice N Livingston 6
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr onemale 286,526
_ VATICAN to get 'Legal Right' to TEMPLE MOUNT _ 9 hr NewsJune2017 YTube 1
More from around the web