“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#535475 May 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Your quote was not from me.
I agree the Bible gets PI wrong.
I understand why it does, it also proves the Bible is NOT a science book. Only a complete lunatic would think it was.
Sorry. You are correct. I made a formatting error. That comment was from RR

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#535476 May 17, 2013
God is all knowing. Past, present, and future. He knows everyo choice that every one has or will make. And the consequences of each choice. He knows and has known always. He knows who will chose to believe in him and he knows who won't. He knows everything. He has chosen us. Predestined, not because we have no choice. But, because he has always known what our choice would be. We on the other hand do not know what we will choose in any given situation until we are in that situation. But, he has always known. We do have free choice. And he has predestined without negating our free choice. Since we don't know in advance, the question still remains. Will you accept Jesus? Will you believe in him, that he paid your sin debt to The Father with his own blood? Will you believe that you are spiritualy dead (seperated from The Father) and that through Jesus payment, you can be spritualy Born Again? Jesus said, I am the resurrection and the life, he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet, shall he live. John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish. But, have everlasting life.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#535477 May 17, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know these godly terms you speak of but I do know the English language.
If something is ordained, it means that it's been decreed, ruled, ordered, etc.
You said that everything is pre-ordained.
Sorry LAWEST but it looks like you're back-pedalling here.
No, I'm not "back pedaling" in the least, you just admitted that you don't understand these Word based terms that I'm using, so why try to argue the point.

Jude 1:4
For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#535478 May 17, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
That's nice, but the situation isn't symmetrical, and of the two of us, the comment only applies to you. Only you have a stake in defending your beliefs from reality. Of the two of us, I am the only one who can say, "If I'm wrong, I want to know it, and I want to know what is right."
What do I have a stake in not understanding? What is the cost to me of discovering that I have been wrong? Nothing. I could just say, "My bad" and become a believer with nothing at all lost. In fact, I would have gained my eternal soul.
It should be obvious that anyone would want to know that if it were true. Christians agree.
Once again I ask, what do I have a stake in not understanding that? What would be the cost to me of discovering that I have been wrong? Looking back over the decades of my life would not cause regret, or be experienced as a loss.
The opposite is the case with you. You don't really want to know if you are wrong. Your position is likely that maintaining the status quo is best for you whether it is right or wrong, meaning discovering otherwise is not critical knowledge to you. You don't see the truth as having any value if the truth is a godless universe.
And discovering that would be very costly. For one thing, you have to give up the notion of getting eternal bliss.
Plus, it is MUCH harder to go from your world to mine, which takes years of agonizing, than to go from mine to yours, which is often done in an afternoon.
That is why we hear evidence differently, and why I don't have the stake in not understanding that you do.
Don't you just love reasoned debate? You have possibly never thought about these things. I hope that you just did.
And if you didn't - if you couldn't - because you perceive that even that idea is a threat to your equanimity, then you have been cheated by faith based thought again.
I look forward to any responses to this one.

I've been focusing my observations on the mental gymnastics of faith based thinkers.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#535479 May 17, 2013
Phaerae wrote:
<quoted text>
*giggle*...sorry but this was funny.
Hey there Phae, I believe you are going to live a long time, I say that because I had you in mind earlier and was thinking of you, and here you are. How's everything going with you?

“Pillars of Creation....”

Into this world we're thrown

#535480 May 17, 2013
<quoted text>
No god was involved in writing that scripture. No intelligent man, either.
You forgot to capitalize God..........

#535481 May 17, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
God is all knowing. Past, present, and future. He knows everyo choice that every one has or will make. And the consequences of each choice. He knows and has known always. He knows who will chose to believe in him and he knows who won't. He knows everything. He has chosen us. Predestined, not because we have no choice. But, because he has always known what our choice would be. We on the other hand do not know what we will choose in any given situation until we are in that situation. But, he has always known. We do have free choice. And he has predestined without negating our free choice. Since we don't know in advance, the question still remains. Will you accept Jesus? Will you believe in him, that he paid your sin debt to The Father with his own blood? Will you believe that you are spiritualy dead (seperated from The Father) and that through Jesus payment, you can be spritualy Born Again? Jesus said, I am the resurrection and the life, he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet, shall he live. John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish. But, have everlasting life.
So When Jesus said in: Matthew 24:34, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

That scoundrel was lying and he knew it?

Location hidden

#535482 May 17, 2013
<quoted text>
No god was involved in writing that scripture. No intelligent man, either.
I thank you for sharing your opinion. Though from reading your post I was already aware of it. However, my comments was not in regards to that. My comment was in regards to those dimensions being possibly correct and not an error. In my opinion arguments from both sides of it's correctness, were not as complete as they were being presented as. I presented a possibility.
While I am thinking about it, a few nights ago, you and skom were having a very good discussion, I think it was on addiction. Anyway, I felt both of you presented very good information and it was enjoyable to read. You commented on DesCartes and Dualism. I didn't want to interrupt the conversation so I didn't comment. But, some of DesCartes arguments were lacking or better put, below his ability. He seemed to not know what to do with Spirituality. After going through the well thought out process that concluded with his "I think therefore I am" comment, he jumped to therefore God must exist, with little thought behind it. That combined with his dualism presentation, left me thinking he either couldn't grasp the affect of the spiritual on the physical or couldn't find a conclusive way of presenting it. Anyway I felt shortchanged after his arguments. Again, the discussion the other night was very enjoyable and informative. Hopefully there will be more of that kind of substantive discussions.
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#535483 May 17, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your pain, sickness, disease and damage with you! Go to the pit and stay there!
Pitt St? Lucky I don't take orders from Nazis.

#535484 May 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Hopefully there will be more of that kind of substantive discussions.
Hey Blind man..........Pull my finger..........

;-P
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#535485 May 17, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Which part of being a female Asian atheist teenaged vegan homosexual amputee is a normal part of your life?
lol, good joke :)
What's normal? There's no such thing.
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#535486 May 17, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had your god's abilities would you allow all those children to die in fear and terror the way they did?
Of course you wouldn't.
What if you knew someone who not only had advance knowledge of the killer's plans but also had the power to stop it from happening?
What if that person failed to do a thing to stop the killer?
You would hate that person with an ire and passion you've rarely experienced.
We see that today with terrorism. I say better for an innocent person to be detained and questioned, than to let them go if guilty as. Then KABOOM!
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#535487 May 17, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Nutty Rosa ...
Is that a new chocolate bar?
Well, there's Cadbury Roses.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#535489 May 17, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I almost stopped at 10,000.
I had to think it over for several minutes.
I'll stop at 20,000.
Does that mean I have OCD?
I had OCD 4 years, 3 months, 15 days, 33 minutes and 42 seconds ago. 43 seconds, 44, dammit.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#535491 May 17, 2013
Phaerae wrote:
<quoted text>
*giggle*...sorry but this was funny.
Hey Phaerae! Great to see ya! What, are you saying women arent into that? heh:) The thing is that it drives Mike nuts when people shown concern for others. It is so foreign to him he figures there must be an alternative motive. Its bizarre

Location hidden

#535492 May 17, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
So When Jesus said in: Matthew 24:34, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
That scoundrel was lying and he knew it?
No, I don't see that at all. Not saying that this is the way it is, or the way he meant it. I have seen many explain it in different ways. I however come up with this. Notice verses the two verses before. Jesus just told a story about a fig tree. When it brings forth leaves, you know that summer is coming. Then he said that when you see all of these things that he had just previously talked about, they can know it is near, even at the door. Then to the verse you brought up. Not only is it near and at the door, This generation, that sees these things happening, will not pass, not only till it is at the door coming in, but the generation that sees these things happening will see it come near, at the door, and come in and complete what he had just said.
Again, just some of my thoughts on the matter.

Location hidden

#535494 May 17, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Blind man..........Pull my finger..........
;-P
LOL Humor is good too :)

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#535495 May 17, 2013
He knows and has known always. He knows who will chose to believe in him and he knows who won't.
Is He going to find out who's naughty or nice? I better watch out. I better not cry. I better not pout and now I know why.

Location hidden

#535496 May 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Liar.
That can't be true. What purpose of yours could possibly expire?
<quoted text>
Liar.
First you say I waited days to answer, then you say there was no straight answer. Of course there was, you subliterate Dimwit. How effing stupid are you?
"I completed med school in the summer of '81 just prior to turning 27 years of age, and went into private practice in 1984 at age thirty. What do you propose to do with that? "
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Your problem is that you were hoping I was lying and would make an error. I am not, and did not. You don't know what to do with that but take this maggot attitude of yours.
You are such a tiny spirit, and without honor.
LoL...old man meltdown? Dont make me call PETA on you. Start feeding those pigeons:)

Location hidden

#535500 May 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Moron.
And I'll buy you three kilometers of community service and five hours of methadone.
Tsk tsk The kind of "doctor" that would give methadone to a recovering addict. You just keep proving my point! And I do plenty of community service and in the U.S. cus I am not the kind of guy that talks nonsense over the Internet about making the country better when I moved to Canada!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Cherokee Prince 882,212
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min June VanDerMark 603,897
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 15 min Passing thru 8,482
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 18 min Charlie Sheen 272,923
How to get Free Steam games, Steam Wallet codes... (Dec '13) 38 min anthonykh23 115
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 177,917
You want REAL PROOF that God is REAL??! 1 hr Doctor REALITY 11
The Christian Atheist debate 2 hr HipGnosis 4,239
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 2 hr jack 606
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 hr sangili karuppan 7,719
More from around the web