Why Should Jesus Love Me?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#535347 May 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. It is quite possible that Jesus believed himself to be the Messiah until he died, at which point HE would have realized he wasn't. Makes sense as the earliest sources claim his last words were " My God! My God! Why have you abandoned me." Makes more sense from a Jewish perspective than the Christian apoogetics that try to make it "proof He was God."
And this is the most ignored, the least recited and the least quoted verse, G_O_D, which confirms that he was not God.

"New Living Translation (©2007)

And this is the way to have eternal life--to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth."

The Church and the presbyters do not like this verse at all.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#535348 May 17, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Young man ( and I'm being generous to you with that term ) I am educated in a manner that you may perhaps never achieve.
So, you are educated in the sense of delusional education.
You've studied your bible and know it well (doesn't mean you follow it though, for you obviously don't), yet that does not make you educated.
To be educated, one must deploy common sense, rational thinking, and a basic knowledge of facts/acceptance of facts when proven to you.

You are obviously uneducated.

Montreal

#535349 May 17, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam is another Mojo. AND he's from the country that put your kind in concentration camps.
I can't stay silent when that's going on.
Adam is pretty vile, along with the others that sympathize with him.

Montreal

#535350 May 17, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Lacez is not a her.
Stop that, please. Your homophobia is showing.
When Truths has been corrected at least 10 times, and continues to think of me as a woman, it does do that.
It's along the lines of homophobia, and also along the lines of heterosexism.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#535351 May 17, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> How do you know for sure? Any fabricated object has a mean diameter. The circumference can change drastically from inner wall to outter wall.
Which has nothing to do with PI.

Now, shove your Bible up your ass to confirm your observations.

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#535353 May 17, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The point is that obviously, no god was involved in writing that.
<quoted text>
Again, that is the point, not an excuse: the bible was written by "ignorant goat herder[s]," not any creator of the universe.
The goat herder would have been closer if the dimensions had written " ... ten cubits from the one brim to the other ... and a line of THIRTY-ONE cubits did compass it round about."
These people had no clue about pi, and no god that did to help them, either. That's a mistake, and it's in the bible, which is why Khatru posted it to Trifecta in the first place. You may recall that he was defending his bible's alleged inerrancy.
And another point is this: if you have faith, evidence like this, and like those reports of murdering witches, doesn't matter. It doesn't sway you because you won't let it. With faith, if you want your bible to appear error free, then it simply is, and no argument matters to you.
The bible is replete with errors. Were they in the Qur'an, you'd allow yourself to see that, and agree that they were errors. But in the bible, you just bat them off and say that there were none.
Speaking of bats, they are not fowl :
"And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray, and the vulture, and the kite after his kind; every raven after his kind; and the owl, and the night hawk, and the cuckow, and the hawk after his kind, and the little owl, and the cormorant, and the great owl, and the swan, and the pelican, and the gier eagle, and the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat." — Leviticus 11:13-19, KJV
Cheers, IANS!

The errors and contradictions in the bible are definitely indicative of the work of men; not some omniscient cosmic mega-being.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#535355 May 17, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
A while back there were plenty of Christians who made claims that AIDS was their God's judgement against homosexuals.
I think Pat Robertson was part of that crowd.
I've never heard of lesbians contracting AIDS from having lesbian sex, so I guess God likes to see girls getting it on.
True.
There is not a single prohibition on lesbianism in the entire Bible.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#535356 May 17, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible doesn't say they attacked him.
They laughed at him and called him baldhead but there was no attack.
Other than the murderous rage of the bible god manifested in two she-bears.
You would think they would use that verse as justification for murdering any one who makes fun of them.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#535359 May 17, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
It is for the nut!
Food for thought before you eat say thank-you God! One reason too an Indigenous always thanks the land or creature.
"Scientists in Germany say vegetables let out screams when they are cut, fruits squeal and flowers cry. The researchers have developed a way to hear plant sounds which are normally inaudible to humans.
When a leaf or stem is sliced, the plant signals pain by releasing the gas ethylene over its entire surface. Bombarding the gas molecules with laser beams produces a sound wave, which is picked up by laser microphones.
Dr Frank Kuhnemann, of Bonn University, said: "The more a plant is subjected to stress, the louder the signal we get on our microphone."
The scientists were most surprised by the reaction of a cucumber, which appeared to be in good shape but was yelling in agony."
http://www.30bananasaday.com/forum/topics/cuc...
Oh my friend, I always make a point of sanctifying my food with prayer and the Word of God before I eat it.........

1 Timothy 4:4-5
4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: 5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

Yes I have heard about plants feeling pain when cut or butchered, and I am also familiar with the idea of plants responding to being gently spoken to as well, I've never gave it a lot of thought beyond taking pictures of colorful flowers of which you will find in my topix photo album that I uploaded. I saw a very funny episode of the old si-fi 60's tv show 'Lost in Space' that dealth with a revolt of the Horticulture community on that planet against the visiting Robinson family.

But I know that what you are pointing out is a serious and possible truth about the plant life.

Since: May 11

Nottingham, UK

#535360 May 17, 2013
Adam wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =FNqbMARN0mUXX
PART 2 Lesbian Spirit Broken Off Young Girl!!! Mighty Deliverance!!!
...looks like mass hysteria and a bunch of nutters to me.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#535361 May 17, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear Lord, Today I have been reminded of all the students who are studying your Word and those who are studying academics courses to advance their education or prepare for careers and ministries. For those who are not so diligent, please give them the desire to succeed and to give their best. Help them to understand what they must do to reach their potential. For those who are trying, please bless their efforts and encourage them. I pray that as they take tests, their minds will be clear and the knowledge they need will come forth as they answer the questions and respond to the statements before them. I pray that their answers will be just right. I pray for peace, wisdom, and direction. And I pray that they will always keep their priorities straight, with you at the center of their lives and the top of their list. Thank you. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.
Prime time with God
Amen.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#535364 May 17, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>We are miraculous beings..... not flukes of circumstance. I think that is the major difference of believing and not believing, in some respects, at least.
Yep, God has everything pre-ordain, which merely means that he knew ahead of time who would and would not heed his call to salvation, and thus it is still up to the individuals choice of WILL where their soul will spend eternity.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#535366 May 17, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Cheers Lawest100, have just got home and thought I'd check in and see what inspirational words there are to read.... and it was good to give them all a hug and a kiss :)
(C:

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#535369 May 17, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Have never seen posts like the past 2 days from you >>>Lawest<<< ?
brings to mind your own words with a twist...
“the number one culprit in life that leads to all corruption, and when we put it at the forefront of everything, including over God..........then nothing really good can truly happen.”
Do you feel this is applicable here ?
Hello >>>>>Irrira< <<<< those words of mind you re-post my friend applies much to the IRS situation of greed and corruption on a very high level with a powerful governmental agency, to post that you have just responded to is dealing with a tragic U.S. incident that happened in Egypt last fall, two different things, but both a thorn in the flesh of our current president.

God's Peace my sister.

Since: May 11

Nottingham, UK

#535372 May 17, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
those preachers servants of devil call such events
"slain in spirit"
fall down on the back head- means possesed by devil spirit,
whole church is servant of devil
God today doesn't make such nonsense'slain in spirit"
sorry
because your brain was opereated after war,
please?read few times my foreign english
My brain was operated on? LOL

My head, face and mouth were operated on, my brain is completely intact.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#535375 May 17, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just an observation.
We rarely hear christians saying that faith will not get a woman into heaven. Not unless they also have babies.
It's not the smartest of scriptures but everyone has off days..... even God.
I see, well child baring is not a criteria for a woman to enter into the kingdom of God, there are Christian women who have died without having children, if is was about salvation through child baring and not faith and belief IN Christ, then what of all the unbelieving women who have delivered scores of children in their life and have either rejected Christ or have never even heard of him?!
bmz

Singapore

#535379 May 17, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how much you miss
reading 36 times NT by you consume at least 14 years of day by day reading chapter after chapter, you lost to read OT, and that way,satan stolen from you basic knowledge about God of OT and NT- because those 2 testaments harmonize in promise given by God only to His chosen spiritual nation,
so you are 38 times horrible loser?
I missed nothing. I read not only the Christians' OT but I also read the Jewish Holy Scripture. I don't know why did it take you more than a decade to read and understand those books? 

As for the OT, I found lots of forgeries in it and for the NT, I did not find anything redeeming in it. I do admit that the NT is excellent in incoherence and is full of absurdities.

God chose only righteous men to be messengers, not nations. To say that God chose a particular nation, is ridiculous, absurd and a lie against God.

If one thinks that one is a Chosen Person of God, then one should wish to die, go and live with God, not here.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#535380 May 17, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you are educated in the sense of delusional education.
You've studied your bible and know it well (doesn't mean you follow it though, for you obviously don't), yet that does not make you educated.
To be educated, one must deploy common sense, rational thinking, and a basic knowledge of facts/acceptance of facts when proven to you.
You are obviously uneducated.
And you are obviously a blittering idiot, the type of facts that you are looking for is not conducive to faith, it is because we chose to employ faith through believing God is why we have an understanding of so many things that you and others do not, because faith and belief in God and his Word opens up the door to understanding all things from a spiritual based level that the world as a whole cannot receive through the wisdom of men, which pales sickly in comparison against the wisdom of God.

And I know that I am opening the flood gates of ignorance you by asking, but by what assumption is obvious to you that I am not following God's Word?

John 20:26-29
26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. 27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. 29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.

1 Corinthians 1:18-27
18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#535381 May 17, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right according to Eph 1;2-12.Rom 8;28.1Peter 1;2
and Rev 13;8
chosen elected ones were preordained before foundation of this world and their namew were written before Adam existed and his sin
individuals can only be a part of great crowd if they honestly brake heart before God beging Him for mercy Rev 7;9
only those individuals can not join anymore 14400 spiritual ranks of new goverment future new heaven and new earth
May God bless you L100
Think you Shrink, have a Blessed day.
bmz

Singapore

#535382 May 17, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
your lord is dead,together with those"slain in spirit gays and lesbians" you demented half d...head
I urinate and fart on you,
if you take me serious or not,also fart and urinate on your lord
You mean you will fart and urinate on Jesus? Why would you do that on a man, who is dead, dust and bones? Let him rip!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min It aint necessari... 49,626
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min Joe Fortuna 971,824
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min hojo 647,074
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 38 min Barnsweb 445,762
4 Best book to learn CPA 1 hr VPNproxy 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Steve III 44,730
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 3 hr WasteWater 2,116
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr WasteWater 105,691
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 6 hr Jockfullonutz 28
More from around the web