“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#535270 May 17, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
04:05 PM ET
U.S. options to 'capture or kill' Benghazi suspects
By Barbara Starr
The U.S. military has updated plans to "capture or kill" alleged perpetrators of the deadly terror attack on the American diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, CNN has learned.
The development comes amid growing pressure on the White House to show progress in the effort to catch those who killed Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans last September 11.
Officials emphasize that military planning has been underway since the immediate aftermath of the armed assault.
One part of the plan calls for potentially putting U.S. military personnel on the ground inside Libya, if ordered by President Barack Obama.
Two U.S. officials confirmed the details to CNN, but declined to be named because of the sensitive nature of the information.
The plan was updated and discussed at the highest levels of the military as recently as last week.
The military has a list of several targets including some inside Benghazi and others in outlying areas. There are specific individuals named who are believed associated with the Benghazi attack as well other militants the United States wants to get. There are also militant camps or stronghold areas on the list that could be attacked.
The plan has series of "capture or kill" options that Obama would have to approve. It's not known how much of this he may have been briefed about.
One military official said the military is well aware that if it is ordered into action now by the White House, it could be viewed as a political move in light of the ongoing controversy over Benghazi. But he noted that initial planning began shortly after the attack last year.
Special operations forces have stayed in the North Africa region since the attack in varying numbers to collect intelligence and be ready to launch attacks if ordered.
CNN has been asked to not say where those forces are located.
Officials are emphasizing that its possible no military options will be carried out if the United States and Libyan law enforcement make any arrests.
The information was confirmed to CNN as a result of several days of reporting. It was not offered to CNN by the officials as part of any coordinated effort to reach out to the media.
Both officials declined to specify locations or names of potential targets.
But there are briefings circulating around the administration about a potential attack plan. A separate senior U.S. official said there has been no orders from the White House to carry out any option.
The initial "capture or kill" options assembled late last year were not approved by the White House for military action.
One military official said the administration was concerned that any American military intervention could weaken the fragile Libyan government so much that it might collapse.
That argument has also been made in the more recent discussions, but several officials say intelligence about the targets has improved.
On Wednesday, Attorney General Eric Holder told Congress that the law enforcement investigation has made progress.
"We will be prepared shortly, I think, to reveal all that we have done," Holder told the House Judiciary Committee.
Last week, the FBI released photos of three men it is seeking information about who could "possibly be implicated" in the attack. A federal law enforcement official said the men were at the scene but it is unclear whether they were involved.
Have never seen posts like the past 2 days from you >>>Lawest<<< ?
brings to mind your own words with a twist...
“the number one culprit in life that leads to all corruption, and when we put it at the forefront of everything, including over God..........then nothing really good can truly happen.”
Do you feel this is applicable here ?

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#535271 May 17, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Well it's like the ol' saying goes 'the love of money is the root of all evil', and it is the number one culprit in life that leads to all corruption, and when we put it at the forefront of everything, including over God..........then nothing really good can truly happen.
Blessings my friend.
Blessings for now until more feed-back from you also... including his Peace.
Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#535272 May 17, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't want the thread to die before Epiphany comes back. She's one of the coolest. I really like her posts.
<3.....(that is a sideways heart...or "Lazy Heart" for you Missy)

LOL

I'm still here but will be gone a little while next week....

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#535273 May 17, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
A lovely way for me to end the night ~ Good Night from down here and Perfect Peace to us all :)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#535274 May 17, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
***Epi flutters past Peace Warriors face***

Flutterby kisses

Shalom

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#535275 May 17, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
I am so going to miss you :(

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#535276 May 17, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
;)

I'll be gone a lot soon. I'm gonna take a hike.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#535277 May 17, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I got hit by a car.
I encourage people to ask. I'll take my leg off and show you how it works. I go to local schools and talk about it.
I'm not a freak. I'm not a Cyborg. Don't be afraid of me because I'm different. I'm also vegan and homosexual. Most schools don't want to hear about that. It's hard to get gigs :)
LOL.....You are "A trip".....

You could be a "stand up" comic

:-)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#535278 May 17, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I am so going to miss you :(
Awww.....My Friend....I will MISS YOU too....>>>H_U_G_S< <<

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#535279 May 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
"Children" in that context is any person that's 13-29. The bible clearly says the "children" were attacked by the bears, not killed.
Look at these apologetics of yours. You don't seem aware of how you appear making comments like this in defense of your bible. Let's review the entire sub-thread:

Khatru: I know that Christians tend to distance themselves from the OT and its horrors. Maybe one day, they'll go the whole hog and divorce themselves from it entirely and just work with the NT.

Riverside Redneck: Absolutely not. The bible, the whole bible, is needed, IMO. The OT has "horrors", but they're meant to be used as an a ample of what not to do, generally [edited].

Khatru: Yet are you sure that those horrors are metaphorical rather than literal?

Riverside Redneck: Which ones?

Khatru: There are far too many to list but let's try a few: Sending bears to kill a bunch of kids who laughed at his prophet. Killing every first-born Egyptian. Drowning the world. Accepting human sacrifice. Killing Job's children for a bet. Plots and schemes to have a child killed.

Riverside Redneck: The "children" who assaulted Elisha, based on the original Hebrew word, would have been between the ages of 13 and 29. Past their Bar Mitzi but not yet full adults. This gang of 42 (or more) young adults surrounded Elisha and began taunting him because of his scared vow (bald head) and mocking the ascension of his master Elijah ("Go up"), Had God not interfered, Elisha would probably have been beaten to death by this mob of teens and young adults.

Mister Charrington: completely plagiarised, http://forum.blockland.us/index.php...
absolutely no mention of the word which indicates how old the kids allegedly were. and the lawd said, "Make it up on the spot"

Riverside Redneck: "Children" in that context is any person that's 13-29. The bible clearly says the "children" were attacked by the bears, not killed.

Mr.Charrington: "Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number." because bears are known for their restraint.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

==========

So what do you think is the message that YOU are sending?

Khatru said that the OT was filled with horrors. And in the end, you agreed with him that "the OT has "horrors" and redirect with "but they're meant to be used as an a ample of what not to do"

Inbetween, you offered that the "children" that were "tor[n] up" were actually young people, and that they might have survived the mauling by the bears. Why? It was distraction and irrelevant, since even if true, the story is STILL a gruesome horror.

The stuff about needing to be an authority on the bible and about needing to use the whole bible is your usual attempt to discredit unbelievers' criticisms of your bible. None of that supports your claim that "the bible, the whole bible, is needed." What other part of the bible did you use to make this argument? You plagiarized another message board. BTW, did you not notice the reply to that plagiarized comment:

"thats no excuse. god is a terrible person lol wtf kind of shit is that, that you are trying to rationalize "

Exactly. I ask you the same question now.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#535280 May 17, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
;)
I'll be gone a lot soon. I'm gonna take a hike.
Nice.....You are good at that (You shared you hiked around the US before you lost your leg)

We will miss you...But will be here when you get back...Stay safe..You have a body guard, don't you?

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#535281 May 17, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
You show much more wisdom than I feel, Sweet Sister ~ a Role Model as such. GOD knows my regrets, we have shared them together, but when I purposefully make a choice, I know I will have no regrets because I logically go through the process. I guess those are the times that really count, the other stuff was just growing up :)
GOD's love and Peace to you too, Heart Sister, along with Koala Hugs xx
(((*()*)))
I like that statement...'just growing up'... got a feeling we were all pretty well born just growing up. I know I was consecrated before setting foot on this planet, despite I had to lean to walk 3 times... and that was my Father's choice.[ my angel mum told me of a lot of things before I was all growed up too.] No complaints... just good ol hard facts apparently which I uttered, startling a few adults. Must have been the truth or it wouldn't surprised them! It was a fast 'grow-up' for me by the age of 12, and then on my own without family from 18, but as with you, found many adoption hearts on this earth.

Hope you are feeling somewhat rested after your Caring.
Love always to you too Heart Sister. An a >>>hug<<< for your Prince! xx

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#535282 May 17, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww.....My Friend....I will MISS YOU too....>>>H_U_G_S< <<
>>> echo <<< of a little voice with a >>>HUG<<< 2

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#535283 May 17, 2013
Ashelah wrote:
Because Jesus can't help but love me and you, and you, and you and YES even You <3
I Love all you cranky old people too <3
ALL you PEOPLE......Get OFF my Lawn!!!!

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#535284 May 17, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
***Epi flutters past Peace Warriors face***
Flutterby kisses
Shalom
aaaaawwww the echo just got louder >>>E_P_I<<< my flutterbit friend.
Where are you off to?
Shalom until we meet again.(((*()*))

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#535285 May 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
America is more than just land and dirt and homes and people to me, it's my country, it's my being, it's my lifeblood. I love America and (almost) everything she stands for. I was born here and I'll die here.
I used to feel the same way.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#535287 May 17, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice.....You are good at that (You shared you hiked around the US before you lost your leg)
We will miss you...But will be here when you get back...Stay safe..You have a body guard, don't you?
I have two body guards. 12 hour shifts.

They don't like me very much.

I don't blame them.

I have fun :)

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#535288 May 17, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>A lovely way for me to end the night ~ Good Night from down here and Perfect Peace to us all :)
Good night ??? So you both just blow thru when I arrive... OK... I'll survive in that Perfect Peace to us all.
~~~~they gone~~~'and her voice was heard in the wind'~~~

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#535289 May 17, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL you PEOPLE......Get OFF my Lawn!!!!
And keep it down in here....I'm trying to NAP

LOL

Hey....See ya

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#535290 May 17, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Ellie Mae....boo!
Boooo Doc, did you get my hello post?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Robert F 987,354
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 4 min Johnny 183
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 38 min David S Pumpkins 286,590
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 38 min dotard tracker 31,188
the REAL reasons O.J. Simpson beat murder charges 41 min Johnny 28
Whose fault was it that O.J. Simpson beat murde... (Mar '16) 48 min Johnny 51
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 56 min KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 687,327
More from around the web