Why Should Jesus Love Me?

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#535228 May 17, 2013
A Baptist pastor was presenting a children's sermon.

During the sermon, he asked the children if they knew what the resurrection was.

Now, asking questions during children's sermons is crucial, but at the same time, asking children questions in front of a congregation can also be very dangerous.

Having asked the children if they knew the meaning of the resurrection, a little boy raised his hand........

The pastor called on him and the little boy said,

"I know that if you have a resurrection that lasts more than four hours you are supposed to call the doctor."

It took over ten minutes for the congregation to settle down enough for the service to continue.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#535229 May 17, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Shrink?
What's that?
~snicker~
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#535230 May 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Your quote was not from me.
I agree the Bible gets PI wrong.
I understand why it does, it also proves the Bible is NOT a science book. Only a complete lunatic would think it was.
How do you know for sure? Any fabricated object has a mean diameter. The circumference can change drastically from inner wall to outter wall.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#535231 May 17, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been lucky, Skom. Some people look at me and feel pity. Some look at me and say, "There but for the grace of GOD, go I".
Some look at me furtively and shift their eyes when I look back. I observe.
I was lucky in that I have parents and friends that taught me to always assess the situation at hand. If it's a catastrophe, RUN...but always run toward it and never away from it. There will inevitably be people there that need help.
Pretty wise my friend

Two questions if you don't mind

What caused the situation with your leg?

And what is the proper emotional response? I know people don't want to be pitied and to be treated like anybody else. But obviously its a challenge you have to deal with. And is it insulting to express empathy? Or would interest be abetter route?

Normally how I have handled a situation is simply to ask someone like "hey if you don't mind me asking what happened?" They have always told me. I normally ask a question or two and then move on to regular conversation

I feel like pretending I am not aware of the situation comes off as fake. Yet I know people want to be treated lie anyone else would be treated

I have neevr had the opportunity to really ask someone and I feel comfortable enough with you and that you probably won't be offended so wa shoping i could learn a little from ya. What do you prefer from people? If its curiosity not pity, would you prefer someone acknowledge or do you feel like it isn't really their business?

Again, just asking cause obviously i don't wanna offend someone and have never really known for sure if it was stupid to ask. It never felt like anyone was offended but was wondering what your advice would be?

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#535232 May 17, 2013
It's Topix LateNight ....

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#535233 May 17, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
A tollbridge? Somebody's gotta go back and get a sh*t load of dimes!
:)
"Hey. The Sheriff is a ni......"

What did he say?

"The Sheriff is near"

"No, GOD blame it. The sheriff is a ni...."

"HOORayyy......

"Excuse me while I whip this out"

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#535234 May 17, 2013
hick-up wrote:
A Baptist pastor was presenting a children's sermon.
During the sermon, he asked the children if they knew what the resurrection was.
Now, asking questions during children's sermons is crucial, but at the same time, asking children questions in front of a congregation can also be very dangerous.
Having asked the children if they knew the meaning of the resurrection, a little boy raised his hand........
The pastor called on him and the little boy said,
"I know that if you have a resurrection that lasts more than four hours you are supposed to call the doctor."
It took over ten minutes for the congregation to settle down enough for the service to continue.
LOL

Location hidden

#535235 May 17, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
"Hey. The Sheriff is a ni......"
What did he say?
"The Sheriff is near"
"No, GOD blame it. The sheriff is a ni...."
"HOORayyy......
"Excuse me while I whip this out"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =IZT7xLjxuhsXX
heh heh

I was trying to think of what lines i could quote but without people understanding the movie was meant to mock racists, most of the funniest lines would appear racist

Meh, if people know the movie they will understand

"shoo that was lucky, we darn near lost a four hundred dollar hand cart"

Don't just lay there getting a suntan, ain't gonna do you no good anyhow."

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#535236 May 17, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Islam caused a lot of deaths too, you been on any Islamic forums lately spewing about Allah?
Yes, but not lately.
Have you?

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#535237 May 17, 2013
hick-up wrote:
It's Topix LateNight ....
We don't want the thread to die before Epiphany comes back. She's one of the coolest. I really like her posts.

Location hidden

#535238 May 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Kill a bunch of kids?! Hmmm... 2 Kings 2:23-24?
"23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him.“Get out of here, baldy!” they said.“Get out of here, baldy!”
24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."
The "children" who assaulted Elisha, based on the original Hebrew word, would have been between the ages of 13 and 29. Past their Bar Mitzi but not yet full adults. This gang of 42 (or more) young adults surrounded Elisha and began taunting him because of his scared vow (bald head) and mocking the ascension of his master Elijah ("Go up"), Had God not interfered, Elisha would probably have been beaten to death by this mob of teens and young adults.
Why didn't you address the rest RR?
BTW There are hundreds...verse & number.

What you said was totally untrue about the instructions to kill.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#535239 May 17, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty wise my friend
Two questions if you don't mind
What caused the situation with your leg?
And what is the proper emotional response? I know people don't want to be pitied and to be treated like anybody else. But obviously its a challenge you have to deal with. And is it insulting to express empathy? Or would interest be abetter route?
Normally how I have handled a situation is simply to ask someone like "hey if you don't mind me asking what happened?" They have always told me. I normally ask a question or two and then move on to regular conversation
I feel like pretending I am not aware of the situation comes off as fake. Yet I know people want to be treated lie anyone else would be treated
I have neevr had the opportunity to really ask someone and I feel comfortable enough with you and that you probably won't be offended so wa shoping i could learn a little from ya. What do you prefer from people? If its curiosity not pity, would you prefer someone acknowledge or do you feel like it isn't really their business?
Again, just asking cause obviously i don't wanna offend someone and have never really known for sure if it was stupid to ask. It never felt like anyone was offended but was wondering what your advice would be?
I got hit by a car.

I encourage people to ask. I'll take my leg off and show you how it works. I go to local schools and talk about it.

I'm not a freak. I'm not a Cyborg. Don't be afraid of me because I'm different. I'm also vegan and homosexual. Most schools don't want to hear about that. It's hard to get gigs :)

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#535240 May 17, 2013
Because Jesus can't help but love me and you, and you, and you and YES even You <3

I Love all you cranky old people too <3

Location hidden

#535241 May 17, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
completely plagiarised, http://forum.blockland.us/index.php...
absolutely no mention of the word which indicates how old the kids allegedly were.
and the lawd said, "Make it up on the spot"
LOL!
Westboro church...

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#535242 May 17, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
Did you know that the hymen can be broken by the plastic legs of a Barbie Doll?
My friend told me that.
That information is not anywhere on Mattel's web site.
What's wrong with my brain if I thought of Cherry Pop Tarts?

Location hidden

#535243 May 17, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I got hit by a car.
I encourage people to ask. I'll take my leg off and show you how it works. I go to local schools and talk about it.
I'm not a freak. I'm not a Cyborg. Don't be afraid of me because I'm different. I'm also vegan and homosexual. Most schools don't want to hear about that. It's hard to get gigs :)

Its a pretty normal situation to me

If someone got an arm broke and had it in a cast nobody would think twice

The fact that the damage to the leg was severe enough to amputate is nothing more than a physical injury. It has nothing to do with who someone is as a person or the personality or intelligence

But I guess knowing there are idiots that can't grasp simple concepts like that makes me more determined not to fall into the same category and then I over-think stuff sometimes

Anyway, thanks for letting me know

Btw, gotta add to the jokes tonight

"A woman gets on a bus with her baby. The bus driver says:''Ugh, that's the ugliest baby I've ever seen!'' The woman walks to the rear of the bus and sits down, fuming. She says to a man next to her:''The driver just insulted me!'' The man says:''You go up there and tell him off. Go on, I'll hold your monkey for you.'

Location hidden

#535244 May 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That you are using an antiquated, medieval, ignorant interpretation.
Evil is not a created thing, nor is darkness. Evil is the absense of good and darkness is the absent of light.
There is a specific lack of the phrase 'God created darkness'.
So now if the bible disagrees with you, it is wrong too?

LOL!

Location hidden

#535245 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
Westboro church...
*shivers and shudders*

Hey Bro-bird! How's you?

Location hidden

#535246 May 17, 2013
Ashelah wrote:
Because Jesus can't help but love me and you, and you, and you and YES even You <3
I Love all you cranky old people too <3

Goodnight everyone

Location hidden

#535247 May 17, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Goodnight everyone
Nighty night Skom :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Chilli J 52,875
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Holy Pipek 693,456
Allah is Satan hiding behind the name 10 min Holy Pipek 42
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Holy Pipek 992,284
Kabbalahism: More Bull(BLEEP!!) from Satan 32 min Jersey boy 2
Liberal Journalism, the Sh*thole of American Media 50 min sorry buzzards 2
Is God a "Bully" sometimes? 3 hr Doctor REALITY 6
More from around the web