Why Should Jesus Love Me?

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#535189 May 16, 2013
Ooops.

Wrong vid.

I have a clip about Apple from Lewis Black too. They had to move the Control key,....didn't they?

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#535190 May 16, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanx Alice, I had forgotten to post this for HFN. maybe you will confirm this too.
<quoted text>
I know your concern for Alice here HFN, and I feel your heart. But I also know her concerns are for those who suffer depression on an equal basis as cruelty to creatures. It's her way of spreading this message. And... she'll return to answer you.
God's Love always be your Peace... and thank you for caring where many don't.
You are elite. You're one of the best, PW

:-)

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#535191 May 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Grapes grow on vines. <smile>
So does Poison Ivy on occasion.

I went to a wine festival with my friends last fall. You could actually take your shoes off and stomp on grapes. When they saw my leg, a nice lady that worked there came over and advised me against it; as if I had even considered that a good idea. I was polite.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#535192 May 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Cubits were always rounded up or down to the nearest whole number, there's no 1/4 cubit. If the actual diameter was 9.65 cubits, it would've been rounded up to 10 cubits, and so on.
What if I tell you that I am six feet tall. What is the shortest I can be before you say that I misrepresented my height? Just over 5½ feet? After all, it rounds up to six.

You would argue that I have misrepresented my height, because you know that I have inches as a unit at my disposal. As the scripture indicates, the Hebrews had the unit "hands" available to them

If we use 18 inches for the cubit and 4 inches for the hand, we can get a ratio of 3.14444 for pi by specifying that if the diameter is 10 to be cubits, the circumference should be 31 cubits, 2 hands.

That makes the value of 30 cubits, which yields a value of pi of 3.0, wrong in two ways. 31 cubits is more accurate than 30 cubits, and 31 cubits, 2 hands is more accurate than 31 cubits.

The bible is simply in error, which is plainly visible to those lacking faith in its inerrancy.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#535193 May 16, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
So does Poison Ivy on occasion.
I went to a wine festival with my friends last fall. You could actually take your shoes off and stomp on grapes. When they saw my leg, a nice lady that worked there came over and advised me against it; as if I had even considered that a good idea. I was polite.
That was nice of you. Stupid but well-meaning people I try to give a pass too as well. But I could see it get old in a hurry too. You seem to choose the high road a lot. Good for you:)

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#535194 May 16, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure what you mean here.....
OH...

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Awwwwwwww........
Galatians 5:22-23
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Serah wrote:
Beautiful Scriptures :)

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...excepting the Canaanites and Hittites-who were Abrahams folks.

I am referring to The Israelites (after 40 years of wandering) barbarism at the order of the very same God that inspired those verses...who were actually descendants of Abraham's family.

Cainan (Canaan)-LUKE 3: 36; was actually the father (ancestor) of Twelve (12) tribes.
-GENESIS 10: 15-19 records only Eleven (11). The ancient A'barim (Hebrews) are included here below as a Canaanite tribe (before the land of Canaan became known as the land of Israel). Please consider -JUDGES 3: 5-6 which reads as follows...

..."And the sons of Israel lived among the Canaanites, Hittites, and Amorites, and Perizzites, and Hivites, and Jebusites: And they took Their daughters to be their wives, and gave their daughters to their sons, and served their deities"...
-JUDGES 3: 5-6

If I am wrong, feel free to correct me.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#535195 May 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, touche'
<quoted text>
Well, I know you know that respect is not something people give out freely
Mankind does not have a live and let live attitude so to expect it to not only live and let live but do so while respecting the other person is unfortunately probably asking too much and giving mankind too much credit
You are on of the few in my life i have seen that can do this pretty much across the board
I have zero expectations that I will ever see any improvement in my lifetime
man is just the way he is
Nobody will ever confuse me for a peace warrior. But I do stand for equal treatment of everyone. Its not as good as some but its netter than a lot.
Its a starting point anyway I guess
(T) Peace
Ja... we do know.
It is better to have zero expectations. I don't expect anything either, and any rebuff as a rule is short-lived because of that... allowing one to appreciate even a warm hello in war zones!
re a peace warrior...? For me, that's a very different story of violence - verbal or otherwise - being our weakest point calling for Truth, in the form of a truce. Have even surprised myself with what is uttered at such times. >>> meek <<< is an energy! And with God at the helm, no telling what is possible.
I believe we were both detects even from the start ja? That hasn't changed with you, and has always been the fighting spirit of an underdog’s body guard, despite there are times you have the grip of a bull-dog... the gravity of a situation will never escape you!
Keep smiling brother. True friends more precious than jewels, and know who they are without speaking.
“Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.”.Buddha
“A man can counterfeit love, he can counterfeit faith, he can counterfeit hope and all the other graces, but it is very difficult to counterfeit humility.“ Dwight Moody
“Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth... Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy... Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. “  Matt 5:5-9.
Always His Peace and Love <3

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#535196 May 16, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
What if I tell you that I am six feet tall. What is the shortest I can be before you say that I misrepresented my height? Just over 5½ feet? After all, it rounds up to six.
You would argue that I have misrepresented my height, because you know that I have inches as a unit at my disposal. As the scripture indicates, the Hebrews had the unit "hands" available to them
If we use 18 inches for the cubit and 4 inches for the hand, w....its, and 31 cubits, 2 hands is more accurate than 31 cubits.
The bible is simply in error, which is plainly visible to those lacking faith in its inerrancy.
This what you rushed to retire early for, to try to argue the common historical way of measuring cubits? And yet each day a pigeon in the park who dreams of a crazy old man to feed him popcorn gets his heart broken just a little more. Lets compromise, I will buy you 30 cubits of birdfeed if you promise to get a life!~ snicker

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#535197 May 16, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
The vine will grow if it can find the light. Sometimes vines are considered weeds. The majority of farmers may call them useless, unnatural or abominations to the garden.
I just imagined Tarzan swinging on his vines to the edge of the jungle where he sees Spiderman swinging from building to building in the nearby city. Spiderman spots Tarzan. They begin to show off a little, which starts a pissing match. It escalates. It ends with both of them falling to the floor of their respective jungles, and a loud chuckle from above. They look up to see Superman, who just happened to be flying over carrying a school bus he rescued from falling off a cliff. Some of the children vomit out the window. Some are laughing. One little girl has her phone out making a youtube video.

Location hidden

#535198 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So what if it was predestined, that simply means to determine an outcome (or course of events) in advance by divine will.
That does not imply that Jesus controlled Peter's actions.
What?
Where did this turn to Jesus controlled Peter's actions?

It is a given if there are predicted actions, and they happen as predicted, it is predestined---therefor, no free will is involved, whether you now want to interject that Jesus was controlling Peter or not(which is purely speculation on your part).
All those conditions in the story were met...whether YOU like it or not.

Location hidden

#535199 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Things happen outside of God's will, man. Satan is a prime example of that.
Man CAN create things that do not exist, we do it all the time....
Satan is a creation of the minds of men.

Location hidden

#535200 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I know atheists love the OT, for it's "horrors". They also love the KJV version. It's a medieval translation made for medieval minds.
<quoted text>
A medieval example....
Then, I would suggest if you don't like it ---throw it out and replace it with a Non-Medieval book, and quit threatening others with it.
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#535201 May 16, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I just imagined Tarzan swinging on his vines to the edge of the jungle where he sees Spiderman swinging from building to building in the nearby city. Spiderman spots Tarzan. They begin to show off a little, which starts a pissing match. It escalates. It ends with both of them falling to the floor of their respective jungles, and a loud chuckle from above. They look up to see Superman, who just happened to be flying over carrying a school bus he rescued from falling off a cliff. Some of the children vomit out the window. Some are laughing. One little girl has her phone out making a youtube video.
mommy should be serving you milk and cookies about now, so you can get to sleep.
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#535202 May 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan is a creation of the minds of men.
prove it black bluder arrghhh argh

Location hidden

#535203 May 16, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. the universe has probably always existed. It continues to seed itself to this day ..
I agree. But if one is arguing his scripture, then that is what is used to address the context of those writings.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#535204 May 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>That was nice of you. Stupid but well-meaning people I try to give a pass too as well. But I could see it get old in a hurry too. You seem to choose the high road a lot. Good for you:)
I think it's more about my age and ethnicity, Skom. I observe.

"Oh look, there's a young girl that doesn't look like us, she must be stupid."

Sometimes I play along. Sometimes I don't. I'm always learning.
Rosa Winkel

Helensvale, Australia

#535205 May 16, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
You are frustrated because I told the truth.
The truth is not in you, Adolf.
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#535206 May 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. But if one is arguing his scripture, then that is what is used to address the context of those writings.
are you related to dr shrink black blunderer

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#535207 May 16, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
If we use 18 inches for the cubit and 4 inches for the hand, we can get a ratio of 3.14444 for pi by specifying that if the diameter is 10 to be cubits, the circumference should be 31 cubits, 2 hands.
That makes the value of 30 cubits, which yields a value of pi of 3.0, wrong in two ways. 31 cubits is more accurate than 30 cubits, and 31 cubits, 2 hands is more accurate than 31 cubits.
Your quote was not from me.
I agree the Bible gets PI wrong.

I understand why it does, it also proves the Bible is NOT a science book. Only a complete lunatic would think it was.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#535208 May 16, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You like Harry? He was a genius.
Jump into the fire then. I will, according the the "Real Christians".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =8QghwNqlCREXX
That was some drum roll... and Ja... jumped in the fire too!
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are elite. You're one of the best, PW
:-)
I could never be elite, lol... but love this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch...

...have to go and prepare some sea-food for supper now.
4-45pm Fri.
Thanx for sharing Alice... another time... but the work goes on.
Take Care

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 min Dees Nhutz 286,583
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min nanoanomaly 987,341
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 687,325
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 10 min Exvothery 31,166
Florida Residents Warned They'll Be Ticketed Fo... 6 hr may i suggest 2
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 7 hr lightbeamrider 4,316
Investigations of DCF in CT (Dec '08) 9 hr Always aware 91
More from around the web