People who deny God are capable of all sorts of nasty things~
Lot denied the GOD?

Pass the salt?
Lost In Transition

United States

#535147 May 16, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can add the potatoes to your.....Armadillo soup.....:-)
I don't see how people eat those things.
They don't look anything like a donut.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#535148 May 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
He's trying to get a new trial for ineffective assistance of counsel. He has several theories. Only one of them is tenable, if he can prove it: If the prosecutor offered OJ's attorney a plea bargain, and OJ's attorney didn't communicate the offer to OJ, and if OJ might have accepted the offer, and went to trial because he didn't know of it, then he could be entitled to a new trial.
It's a long shot.
Can he convince the judge of that scenario without both lawyers agreeing that it happened? I haven't been following the proceedings. Can the court supoena people during a hearing?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#535149 May 16, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
You might want to let obama in on your OJ observations. Looks like he'll need to not only prove the glove doesn't fit, but also the hat, boots and belt.
Sounds like you are suffering from scandal lust.

God'll get you for that, you know.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#535150 May 16, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
DOOO
Just kidding, BM.

Have we met?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#535151 May 16, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I've done that.
Ouch baby.

That hurts soooo good.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#535152 May 16, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. presumably, Jhwhist wrote a book which included a supernatural force and explained the nature of causation. There was a fratricidal Cain, drunken Noah, dishonest Jacob and, of course, a Moses ..
.. the book was changed a bit by the Priesthood in the Torah ..
OK, I know what you are refering to.

The Torah as it stands today is a synthesis (circa 700 BC) of the Northern (Israel - EL) scriptures and the Southern (Judea - YWHY) scriptures. As Judea dominated Israel the scriptures were altered to favor Judea and insult, demean Israel. This animosity continued even into Jesus' time with the Northern Israelites (Samaritans and Galilleans) considered gentiles and not "real" descendants of Isaac.

Even today the Samarians do not consider the Babylonian Torah sacred and consider everything else in the Judean scriptures (TaNaKh) to be the fraud of the Jerusalem Preisthood and royalty.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#535153 May 16, 2013
Khatru wrote:
1 Kings 7:23 "And he made a molten sea, ten cubits from the one brim to the other: it was round all about, and his height was five cubits: and a line of thirty cubits did compass it round about." The ratio of a circle's circumference isn't 3:1 Which is what the bible says it is.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Hogwash. A cubit isn't an exact measurement like a meter or foot is now. It was a general measurement 'equal' to the length of the forearm, varying in length, but usually from 17 to 21 inches, from the elbow to the end of the middle finger. Ever tried measuring something, like say a couch, by using your outstretched arms to see if it'll fit? If so, you've used cubits to measure. But of course, your cubit and my cubit would likely be a little different. Also consider 1 Kings 7:26 "And it was a handbreadth thick; and the brim thereof was wrought like the brim of a cup, like the flower of a lily; it held two thousand baths." A handbreadth is the width of the hand - from 2 1/2 to 4 inches. I just measured my handbreadth, it's 3-3/4", what's yours?

The point is, they didn't have exact units of measurements, only approximations.
The point is that obviously, no god was involved in writing that.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
But for an "ignorant goat herder", if he was trying to figure out pi, he got pretty damn close.
Again, that is the point, not an excuse: the bible was written by "ignorant goat herder[s]," not any creator of the universe.

The goat herder would have been closer if the dimensions had written " ... ten cubits from the one brim to the other ... and a line of THIRTY-ONE cubits did compass it round about."

These people had no clue about pi, and no god that did to help them, either. That's a mistake, and it's in the bible, which is why Khatru posted it to Trifecta in the first place. You may recall that he was defending his bible's alleged inerrancy.

And another point is this: if you have faith, evidence like this, and like those reports of murdering witches, doesn't matter. It doesn't sway you because you won't let it. With faith, if you want your bible to appear error free, then it simply is, and no argument matters to you.

The bible is replete with errors. Were they in the Qur'an, you'd allow yourself to see that, and agree that they were errors. But in the bible, you just bat them off and say that there were none.

Speaking of bats, they are not fowl :

"And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray, and the vulture, and the kite after his kind; every raven after his kind; and the owl, and the night hawk, and the cuckow, and the hawk after his kind, and the little owl, and the cormorant, and the great owl, and the swan, and the pelican, and the gier eagle, and the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat." — Leviticus 11:13-19, KJV

“"None shall pass"”

There

#535154 May 16, 2013
<quoted text>
I understand what you are saying. And, I don't doubt that you would. Still waiting on that Damascus Road experience to happen :)
Yep.

Stranger things have happened. LOL

I don't worry. I am honest in my heart and a real God can see it and may judge me upon that. I could say "I believe" to be accepted by men, but it would be lying to God wouldn't it ?
Lost In Transition

United States

#535155 May 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you are suffering from scandal lust.
God'll get you for that, you know.
Dang.
I'll blame it on medication.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#535156 May 16, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Just kidding, BM.
Have we met?
On Topix, one never knows :) If not, Hello :) On Topix, I am blind man n the bleachers. Nice to meet you :)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#535157 May 16, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Lot denied the GOD?
Pass the salt?
Yep. Lot's wife is the one who disobeyed God's instructions. A very good moral in there too! Ask a Rabbi.

She did not "deny" God at all. Nor did Lot or his daughters.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#535158 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
More people that are attacked by bears live rather than die. It's true now and it was true then.
I don't know what the big fuss about this scripture is, 42 teenagers and young adults are ganging up and attacking one man and because the bears came out and helped the man, you people are all up in arms over it. What's the big deal?
I wonder what the bears did with Goldilocks?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#535159 May 16, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that would have to be cracking nuts right ?
That sounds painful.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#535160 May 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I would be curious what observations you have to offer on the OJ Trial. For all the hoopla I actually found it to be pretty standard of most cases when the defendent has money. Discredit someone in the police department so as to paint a veneer of doubt over the whole system, bogg down the jury with forensic evidence they over value and dont understand, wear them out with weeks of testimony, and make the case about anything than the actual facts. The only surprising part was I figured a hung jury not an aquittal. What legal insights would you add that you think a layperson wouldnt be aware of? Given the subject I am genuinely curious.
OJ

Nuff said.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#535161 May 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
OJ might have accepted the offer, and went to trial because he didn't know of it, then he could be entitled to a new trial.
It's a long shot.
Ah..I was assuming the first trial for some reason. Yeah the one he was convicted in is a done deal. I would think unless his lawyer went along with the story and risked disbarrment he has zero chance. and since plea bargains leave the sentencing up to the judge he could have gotten the same sentence even under the deal. Or if the judge implied he would honor the deal and didnt and OJ was allowed to withdraw the plea he would have had to go to trial and the resuly would have been the same. although even if he had a legit case no judge in the country is giving OJ a new trial. it would normally bother me how they basically did an end run on double jeopardy as w/o the 1st case no way he gets the sentence he did but in this one case justice was finally had. still, a slippery slope and dangerous precedent. kinds have mixed feelings i guess

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#535162 May 16, 2013
<quoted text>
On Topix, one never knows :) If not, Hello :) On Topix, I am blind man n the bleachers. Nice to meet you :)
Nice to meet you too. On Topix, I'm known as _-Alice-_. Not to be confused with -_Alice_- or __Alice__ or even --Alice--. I was formerly known as River Tam.

I have been accused of being HidingFromYou, Happy Lesbo, Anti-Theist, Jesus G. Christ, Tide with Beach and a host of others.

I'm just Alice.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#535163 May 16, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
OJ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =iNCuCo-AWwEXX
Nuff said.
Lol.."heroin Frank"..."um gee Nordburg thats a pretty tall order but I will see what I can do"! It is too loud where I am at to hear clips but I laugh any time I even think of the Naked Guns. Damn OJ kind of sucked some of the fun out of the movies for me now though!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#535164 May 16, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The point is that obviously, no god was involved in writing that.
<quoted text>
Again, that is the point, not an excuse: the bible was written by "ignorant goat herder[s]," not any creator of the universe.
The goat herder would have been closer if the dimensions had written " ... ten cubits from the one brim to the other ... and a line of THIRTY-ONE cubits did compass it round about."
These people had no clue about pi, and no god that did to help them, either. That's a mistake, and it's in the bible, which is why Khatru posted it to Trifecta in the first place. You may recall that he was defending his bible's alleged inerrancy.
And another point is this: if you have faith, evidence like this, and like those reports of murdering witches, doesn't matter. It doesn't sway you because you won't let it. With faith, if you want your bible to appear error free, then it simply is, and no argument matters to you.
The bible is replete with errors. Were they in the Qur'an, you'd allow yourself to see that, and agree that they were errors. But in the bible, you just bat them off and say that there were none.
Speaking of bats, they are not fowl :
"And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray, and the vulture, and the kite after his kind; every raven after his kind; and the owl, and the night hawk, and the cuckow, and the hawk after his kind, and the little owl, and the cormorant, and the great owl, and the swan, and the pelican, and the gier eagle, and the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat." — Leviticus 11:13-19, KJV
3.14.... whatever. The argument of different measurement for cubit doesn't hold up. Because the person givng the measurement would have the same measurement and the ratio would still hold true. However, have you ever gone to the store and bought pipe. There is inside dimension(ID) and outside dimension(OD). Note the use of the word line. All of the other dimensions are straight, ten cubits from brim to brim and five cubits in height. The line was thirty cubits. Perhaps the OD was 31.4.....cubits and the ID was thirty cubits. It is easy to say how it can't be, anyone can do that. It is more fun to find a way that it can be :)

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#535165 May 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey!
I resemble that remark.
Ooops!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min NotSoDivineMsM 47,190
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Robert F 692,138
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 22 min nanoanomaly 990,703
Skype gay sex (Dec '14) 1 hr Caliboy 14
How do I message you about a post from the past... 1 hr elcy2015 1
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 3 hr Paul really is dead 466
TWA Flight 800 (Jul '13) 5 hr Doctor REALITY 7
More from around the web