Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#535025 May 16, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Force? No. If your god exists, I want to be made to comply with it happily. Why would I want anything else?
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
That's unfortunate.
<quoted text>
Not if you had the power to prevent them from making them.
So you do want to be forced and you do want God to come to you on your terms. That's interesting. You say you've been in churches a lot throughout your life, you should know that man is on God's terms, not God on man's.

What would be the point in existing if God controlled every step of our lives? That would be the only way for us to live out our lives without making any mistakes. If that were the case, then I would agree with your assumption that we have no free will. But since bad things happen, and evil people exist, and murders occur, and rape happens, etc. that tells me that God does not control anything that we do.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#535027 May 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange that a non-believer comes to the same conclusion that any Jew of the time would have gotten out of Jesus' desert vision.
Chrisitnaity lost the understanding a looooong time ago.
Note that it was a "vision" in the Gospels. Satan didn't really exist. Jesus would have know the difference... unless He was a very sinful Jew.
.. are you familiar with Jhwhist ??..

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#535029 May 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not interesting in convincing Christians of anything.
I don't doubt that. What you are here for though,(along with all the other "atheists"), is to convince [yourself] of something, and they're here to convince themselves of something. And obviously they are failing, and so are you.

Since: May 11

Nottingham, UK

#535031 May 16, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> only if you admit how disgusting and old and decrepitr you are, you actually scare children, and its the truth. oh but its ok because you managed to get a law license? Women don't like you.
Old? Approaching middle age.

Decrepitr[sic]?: Physically limited I agree(but then I haven`t hidden the fact that I`m disabled) due to military service, I`ve had extensive maxilo-facial surgery and a lot of post trauma therapy, I had to learn to walk and speak again

I don`t scare my own child, she loves to feel my brain through the soft spot in my forehead. She`s a creepy kid...very smart though, unlike you.

We don`t grant law licenses here, here you actually have to have an education. I got my masters and passed the bar in the New York in six weeks...many UK students do it in the US...FOR A LAUGH!

My wife is Pocahontas, not joking.....if you saw her you`d think, "Holy shit, that`s Pocahontas" she`s a British Army biathlon champion.

...and you? LMFAO

Since: May 11

Nottingham, UK

#535032 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
More people that are attacked by bears live rather than die. It's true now and it was true then.
I don't know what the big fuss about this scripture is, 42 teenagers and young adults are ganging up and attacking one man and because the bears came out and helped the man, you people are all up in arms over it. What's the big deal?
Well the `scripture` is complete bollox so really it`s no big deal.

carry on.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#535033 May 16, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Liar. Obviously.
LOL...poor delusional Dr Taint! First you waited days to answer thus defeating the purpose of why I asked 2) You still havent given an straight answer as to your age and what year it was..done so no doubt to leave wiggle room if you need it 3) You have already shown yourself to be a bigot, a liar, and a terrible doctor. What possible urgency could there be to prove what would be redundant? And even with all of that excluded you still wouldnt be a priority to me. Why would you be?Wait I got it..I want to stop your immaginary canadian demographic? You actually believe Christians are worried about you and your internet ramblings arent you? What a deluded goofball you are. You heard one bigot you have heard them all. You are nothing special

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#535034 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course that's what you see. Your inside your own little box looking out and don't even see the box.
I've explained it to you several times, man. It's not just about your relationship with Skom, it's about your attacks on him which seem to be there only because he's a Christian and has different views than you.
<quoted text>
No, it's about his religion.
I dont doubt it has become personal as well with Ians but because of that he has let his concentration slip and exposed himself repeatedly as a bigot. He may not like me personally but he has shown without a doubt the guy hates Christianity and Christians. Although I am sure getting his imaginary pedestal kicked out from under him by a believer stings a little more for him:)
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#535035 May 16, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
So I can kill myself with no repercussions from the GOD?
Free will?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =s9p5iyr5bXcXX
Alice, babe it is final. No undoing it. If you feel that way then topix may not be where you should be. It is a downer. You need to find someone you trust and talk to them about this. Don’t do it, talk with someone, maybe a Dr.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#535037 May 16, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
So I can kill myself with no repercussions from the GOD?
Free will?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =s9p5iyr5bXcXX
A better label for what we have is trained will.

You can train a vine, and it will always reach for the sun, moving around obstacles as it grows. The larger the support structure, the larger the vine can get.

*END CODED MESSAGE*

Location hidden

#535038 May 16, 2013
Most call it free will. I don't find free will anywhere in the Bible. I call it freedom to choose. Choose what ever you want. However, the consequences of that choice you don't get to choose. They are set.
Reading the comments in here is just like reading the comments made before Jesus was crucified. Just as they played part in trying to defeat Jesus. So too do many in here. Many of the same comments infact, and same arguments.
Rosa Winkel

Byron Bay, Australia

#535040 May 16, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I take your points about the scriptures being written for the Israelites. That is true of pretty much all of the OT books, so I'm wondering why Christianity still relies so much on them.
I'd say that by using "suppose you" they are making an assumption rather than a definite statement.
However, the murder and mayhem advocated by these scriptures is, ostensibly, what the verses seem to be saying.
Why have a hidden meaning anyway? Why not just be clear about it?
These scriptures are, on the face it, instructions to kill followers of other religions.
Why does the god of the bible have to hide his meaning in such brutal words? A meaning that many of his readers just own't get.
Why can't he inform his followers to love people of other religions?
Anyway, if the bible is full of hidden and abstract meanings that are beyond the ken of the majority, perhaps we should go back to what the Catholics used to do and limit bibles to the select few.
Indeed they did. In fact, the Bible was written only in Latin, so that only priests and other scholars could read it. William Tyndale translated the first English Bible. In 1536, he was burned @ the stake for his trouble.

One reason is that if you can read it properly, you can see what a Warlord the OT God was.
Rosa Winkel

Byron Bay, Australia

#535041 May 16, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it as literally as I take something by Homer.
However, there are believers who take every word as the inerrant and literal word of their god.
Then there are those believers who will decide for themselves what is literal and what is symbolic.
Well, the story of Troy was true history. They excavated the ruins in present day Turkey.

I don't know how accurate Homer's version was tho. He was Greek, so from the winning side.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#535042 May 16, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
A better label for what we have is trained will.
You can train a vine, and it will always reach for the sun, moving around obstacles as it grows. The larger the support structure, the larger the vine can get.
*END CODED MESSAGE*
Actually that makes sense. The better your roots ( loving caring parents or care taker who teach you to care about things but don’t let the nonsense of life trip you up and who believes in you and teaches you to have confidence in yourself )the stronger the vine (The Child full grown or not.),

Something like that and IMO

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#535043 May 16, 2013
I used to think that.
Did you see these?
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Do you still think that Jesus is very, very good now, or that he should serve as a model? Aren't you already just as good as he was? How does he outperform you on the goodness scale? Would I be worse off patterning my life after your moral values than Jesus'? I'll bet not.
What aspect of Jesus' life was exemplary?
Where does Jesus explain how to love, or demonstrate it? Sure, he talks about it, but where does he teach it?
I was thinking the same thing when I read Catcher's post.

I haven't read the whole Bible, but I have read all the stuff that is attributed to the Jesus. Harry Potter is a much better role model.
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#535044 May 16, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Old? Approaching middle age.
Decrepitr[sic]?: Physically limited I agree(but then I haven`t hidden the fact that I`m disabled) due to military service, I`ve had extensive maxilo-facial surgery and a lot of post trauma therapy, I had to learn to walk and speak again
I don`t scare my own child, she loves to feel my brain through the soft spot in my forehead. She`s a creepy kid...very smart though, unlike you.
We don`t grant law licenses here, here you actually have to have an education. I got my masters and passed the bar in the New York in six weeks...many UK students do it in the US...FOR A LAUGH!
My wife is Pocahontas, not joking.....if you saw her you`d think, "Holy shit, that`s Pocahontas" she`s a British Army biathlon champion.
...and you? LMFAO
You make irrational statements about religion. Heck with that law degree or what ever in hell it is many a gold digger would deal with you, but they don't like you.
Rosa Winkel

Surry Hills, Australia

#535045 May 16, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
"I love you, but I'm going to demonize you and call you an abomination, evil, immoral, wrong, and so on....but I love you."
All you need is love...but not that kind.
Rosa Winkel

Surry Hills, Australia

#535048 May 16, 2013
Adam wrote:
Submit yourself to god´s will and do what god wants you to do and stop doing all the things that Satan wants you to do or to say.
Go on then. Take your own advice, Adolf.

Location hidden

#535049 May 16, 2013
Oh Happy Day! Oh Happy Da ay! When Jesus washed, When he washed! When my Je sus washed, when he washed, When my Je sus washed, when he washed, my sins away! Oh Happy Day :) He tought me how, to watch and pray, and live rejoicing every day. Oh Happy Day :)

Location hidden

#535050 May 16, 2013
IT IS FINISHED, the battle is over :) IT is finished, and Jesus is LORD :)

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#535051 May 16, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking the same thing when I read Catcher's post.
I haven't read the whole Bible, but I have read all the stuff that is attributed to the Jesus. Harry Potter is a much better role model.
Live and learn.

A Bible expert I'm not, obviously.

See, Trifecta? I'm also here to learn.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 14 min River Tam 49,439
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 22 min ChristineM 445,753
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 28 min anonymous 43
i need a man to get me pregnant no strings atta... (Dec '12) 1 hr Breedu 69
Illegal to hoard or store extra food under USA ... (Jun '08) 1 hr Darkbolt500 22
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Annaleigh 105,683
Maturbating now 1 hr Johny 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 646,943
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr The Hangman 971,805
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 5 hr WasteWater 27
More from around the web