Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#535006 May 16, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:

No, I don't. I see contempt for a contemptible person - and I say that based on his scurrilous behavior - who was given many chances, and preferred a flame war of his own making.

I don't see where bigotry comes into play. Where do you see it there?
Of course that's what you see. Your inside your own little box looking out and don't even see the box.

I've explained it to you several times, man. It's not just about your relationship with Skom, it's about your attacks on him which seem to be there only because he's a Christian and has different views than you.
Not at all. This is not about his race, age, gender, or nationality. It's about his ethical lapses - sins to you.
No, it's about his religion.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#535007 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I'm trying my damndest to keep the peace in these parts. NOT an easy task.....
Good work, sheriff.

Fennario

#535010 May 16, 2013
If it could be known with certainty what would happen before it happened, it would show that the individual - Peter in this case - had no choice in the matter, but not why.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Why would you say that Peter had no choice? Jesus never forced him to do anything, all He said was that Peter was gonna betray Him three times that day. He never specified when or how, just that he would.
I can't make you understand what you have a stake in not understanding. The argument speaks for itself: If the future is foreseeable with certitude, then all aspects of reality are deterministic and already determined, and there can be no free will. Omniscience precludes indeterminism. They are mutually exclusive.

Since: May 11

Nottingham, UK

#535011 May 16, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>The same can be said of all of our history books, where there is no-one alive that lived through the event.
Evidence of Nazareth before the first century would be a start.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#535012 May 16, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus didn´t wrote anything in the bible.
Of course he didn't because that sentence doesn't make any sense.

Nottingham, UK

#535013 May 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
as far as hiding goes "there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed" Jesus
i'd stop being antichrist if i were you......
*blah blah blah yakkety schmakety*,

...who were you hiding from anyway?

Nottingham, UK

#535014 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Children" in that context is any person that's 13-29.
The bible clearly says the "children" were attacked by the bears, not killed.
"Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number." because bears are known for their restraint.

Fennario

#535015 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
So you'd rather have God force you do to certain things and force you not to do others?
Force? No. If your god exists, I want to be made to comply with it happily. Why would I want anything else?
If you had the power to program your children to prevent them from making obvious and costly errors, would not you use it?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Absolutely not.
That's unfortunate.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Children, all people of all ages actually, MUST make mistakes.
Not if you had the power to prevent them from making them.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#535016 May 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Then that's where you should be.
<quoted text>
Good luck.
America is more than just land and dirt and homes and people to me, it's my country, it's my being, it's my lifeblood. I love America and (almost) everything she stands for. I was born here and I'll die here.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#535017 May 16, 2013
Adam wrote:
@RiversideRedneck
Alice has a tomb rider complex.
Yes, but you're not doing your job Adam.

We have no idea how many people are posting here because you're not telling us.

We feel so lost.

Fennario

#535018 May 16, 2013
And I notice that you have been silent about my answer to your question about the year I became a doctor despite asking repeatedly and even trying to taunt and manipulate me into answering. I gave you my answer, and haven't seen any comment from you about it. Is that because you were hoping to spring some kind of trap if I gave you an answer that you could pounce on? If so, doesn't that make you a little man with a tiny spirit? Isn't that the kind of thing that a little man does?
Skombolis wrote:
you aren't high up on my priority list! I haven't had a lot of time lately and i certainly had no interest in wasting it on you and checking to see if your stories match up.
Liar. Obviously.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#535020 May 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Good work, sheriff.
I do seem to be "getting along" with a couple of atheist lesbians, that's got to count for something...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#535021 May 16, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I can't make you understand what you have a stake in not understanding. The argument speaks for itself: If the future is foreseeable with certitude, then all aspects of reality are deterministic and already determined, and there can be no free will. Omniscience precludes indeterminism. They are mutually exclusive.
Okay. I, too, can't make you understand what you have a stake in not understanding.

Nottingham, UK

#535022 May 16, 2013
Adam wrote:
Anyone who says Jesus is God in flesh and bone contradicts the Bible and has blasphemed against the creator.
You`re Henry`s twin aren`t you?

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#535023 May 16, 2013
hick-up wrote:
Snore ...
.. do you need an AIN fix ??..

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#535024 May 16, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
"Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number." because bears are known for their restraint.
More people that are attacked by bears live rather than die. It's true now and it was true then.

I don't know what the big fuss about this scripture is, 42 teenagers and young adults are ganging up and attacking one man and because the bears came out and helped the man, you people are all up in arms over it. What's the big deal?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#535025 May 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Force? No. If your god exists, I want to be made to comply with it happily. Why would I want anything else?
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
That's unfortunate.
<quoted text>
Not if you had the power to prevent them from making them.
So you do want to be forced and you do want God to come to you on your terms. That's interesting. You say you've been in churches a lot throughout your life, you should know that man is on God's terms, not God on man's.

What would be the point in existing if God controlled every step of our lives? That would be the only way for us to live out our lives without making any mistakes. If that were the case, then I would agree with your assumption that we have no free will. But since bad things happen, and evil people exist, and murders occur, and rape happens, etc. that tells me that God does not control anything that we do.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#535027 May 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange that a non-believer comes to the same conclusion that any Jew of the time would have gotten out of Jesus' desert vision.
Chrisitnaity lost the understanding a looooong time ago.
Note that it was a "vision" in the Gospels. Satan didn't really exist. Jesus would have know the difference... unless He was a very sinful Jew.
.. are you familiar with Jhwhist ??..

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#535029 May 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not interesting in convincing Christians of anything.
I don't doubt that. What you are here for though,(along with all the other "atheists"), is to convince [yourself] of something, and they're here to convince themselves of something. And obviously they are failing, and so are you.

Nottingham, UK

#535031 May 16, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> only if you admit how disgusting and old and decrepitr you are, you actually scare children, and its the truth. oh but its ok because you managed to get a law license? Women don't like you.
Old? Approaching middle age.

Decrepitr[sic]?: Physically limited I agree(but then I haven`t hidden the fact that I`m disabled) due to military service, I`ve had extensive maxilo-facial surgery and a lot of post trauma therapy, I had to learn to walk and speak again

I don`t scare my own child, she loves to feel my brain through the soft spot in my forehead. She`s a creepy kid...very smart though, unlike you.

We don`t grant law licenses here, here you actually have to have an education. I got my masters and passed the bar in the New York in six weeks...many UK students do it in the US...FOR A LAUGH!

My wife is Pocahontas, not joking.....if you saw her you`d think, "Holy shit, that`s Pocahontas" she`s a British Army biathlon champion.

...and you? LMFAO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min who 281,904
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min River Tam 64,198
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Gods r Delusions ... 654,206
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 min Toby 106,560
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 18 min Catcher1 9,376
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 27 min ImFree2Choose 2,590
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 35 min Tony 44
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr God Damned Holy S... 973,863
More from around the web