Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#534913 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Which ones?
There are far too many to list but let's try a few:

Sending bears to kill a bunch of kids who laughed at his prophet.

Killing every first-born Egyptian

Drowning the world

Accepting human sacrifice

Killing Job's children for a bet

Plots and schemes to have a child killed.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#534914 May 16, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems to me that you use terms like "no faith" as being a failing.
The Hindu, Taoist, Zoroastrian, etc all have faith in equal measures to yours. Who is to say that your faith is true while they are all wrong?
In any event, obtaining tangible truths through investigation and analysis is far more satisfying than admitting that religious truths are unobtainable through reason and evidence.
Not correct, not when dealing in the things of God, a lack of faith IS a failing and a detriment when seeking out the Lord God of heaven and earth, many people have strong faith, but what is important is where that faith is placed.

You named faith in connection with other religions of the world in your post and asked me what makes mine right and theirs wrong, well.........again where does one have their faith placed in?.......some place their faith in other human beings, some in money and materialistic things, some in horoscopes and tarot cards, etc etc, but I know IN whom I have placed my faith and he has never let me down, because again.......I know IN whom I have believed.

2 Timothy 1:12
For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#534915 May 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Meant to say "where we hang" not where we hand..probably dictates what ugly side of Topix we see
If i hang out with mostly believers, it is the unbeliever trolls I am likely to see all day
If you hang out with mostly unbelievers, it is the believer trolls you are likely to see all day
It does take its toll and cause people to become frustrated quicker or build up walls and the only people to suffer from it are the ones who want real conversation. Heck, the trolls are happy no matter what is going on as long as they are included!
Yes, that does appear to be the case.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#534916 May 16, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, It's scary being a parent today. Times are so different. Teens face so many obstacles the adversary places in their paths in today's corrupt society. I pray that you will give wisdom and guidance to parents, and special "unction from on high" to Christian parents to know how to understand, relate, and raise their children. Please help them to live a life of positive influence in front of their teens and transfer the values that they will need to build a positive life; help them know what is acceptable and unacceptable teenage behavior; and give them support along the way. Thank You, God, for Your ever-present help. In Jesus' name, amen.
Prime time with God
Amen.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#534917 May 16, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Beautiful Scriptures :)
Thank you Serah, how're you today?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#534918 May 16, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
That is an easy one... it takes much effort to prove something that is real not to be real, and is done so that in the end, that which is real will be proof! God's way of proving all that is wrong to be right. No problem when seen in the Light of Truth.
I agree. Only thing I would add is it's impossible to prove to those that know something is real, that it is not real. Simply impossible.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#534919 May 16, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I pity you for your delusions and vile mind.
I also pity you for your voluntarily uneducated mind.
Uneducated mind?.........you are an off the chain nut.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#534920 May 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unbelievers don't believe in a god, so how could we care whether a god intervenes or not? We just want to explore the ideas, the philosophy, the religious views of those who ARE believers. It's an intellectual exercise, it satisfies curiosity, it's entertainment, it makes people think.
What's wrong with that?
Really? so you been on any hindu or satanist or greek mythology forums exploring the ideas philosophy or religious views of their gods?

probably not, why, because you know those gods are a myth.

You will never convince any Christian here that the reason you spend so much effort here writing against the Christian God is because you believe it's a myth. That's illogical, nonsensical, and no one with common sense commit so much to what they believe is a myth. Unless you admitting that you stupid.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#534921 May 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are deflecting.
Now you wish to move the goalposts...
That's dishonest.
The writings are there.
In the end, it is the Abrahamic religions >not other religions< that have caused so much blood and misery for the last 2000 years...so that is what is being addressed.
250 million dead, and still rising. The misery is unfathomable.
Islam caused a lot of deaths too, you been on any Islamic forums lately spewing about Allah?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#534922 May 16, 2013
Khatru wrote:
There are far too many to list but let's try a few:
Sending bears to kill a bunch of kids who laughed at his prophet.
Kill a bunch of kids?! Hmmm... 2 Kings 2:23-24?

"23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him.“Get out of here, baldy!” they said.“Get out of here, baldy!”
24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

The "children" who assaulted Elisha, based on the original Hebrew word, would have been between the ages of 13 and 29. Past their Bar Mitzi but not yet full adults. This gang of 42 (or more) young adults surrounded Elisha and began taunting him because of his scared vow (bald head) and mocking the ascension of his master Elijah ("Go up"), Had God not interfered, Elisha would probably have been beaten to death by this mob of teens and young adults.

Watford, UK

#534923 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hogwash. A cubit isn't an exact measurement like a meter or foot is now. It was a general measurement 'equal' to the length of the forearm, varying in length, but usually from 17 to 21 inches, from the elbow to the end of the middle finger.
Ever tried measuring something, like say a couch, by using your outstretched arms to see if it'll fit? If so, you've used cubits to measure.
But of course, your cubit and my cubit would likely be a little different.
Also consider 1 Kings 7:26
"And it was a handbreadth thick; and the brim thereof was wrought like the brim of a cup, like the flower of a lily; it held two thousand baths."
A handbreadth is the width of the hand - from 2 1/2 to 4 inches. I just measured my handbreadth, it's 3-3/4", what's yours?
The point is, they didn't have exact units of measurements, only approximations.
But for an "ignorant goat herder", if he was trying to figure out pi, he got pretty damn close.
It doesn't really matter what the unit of measurement is. It may have been measured in apples and oranges.

Fact - the bible gives the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter as 3

Watford, UK

#534924 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
We've covered this already, dude.
The bible doesn't instruct Christians to kill.
This may surprise you but I never said it did.

Here's what I said...
Khatru wrote:
That's what comes of having a holy book with instructions to kill.
It doesn't matter how you look at it, the holy book of the Christians contains instructions to kill people.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#534925 May 16, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
July 14, 1995 - 250 documented cases of witch killings in the death 2 women suspected of witchcraft in Lydenburg.
June 18, 1996 - First witchcraft summit met in Pietersburg claims that 117 people had been killed in witch hunts since January '96. Unofficial sources put the deaths at between 300 - 500. Independent Newspapers
June 20, 1996 - Article states "The precise statistics are not known, but the deaths (due to witch hunts) number in the hundreds each year... and the trend appears to be on the rise" Mail and Guardian
June 30, 1996 - In Lusaka, husband accuses wife of practicing witchcraft, eldest son strips mother naked and beats her. Sunday Mail
July 6, 1996 - In Zaire, parents of a young boy died of Ebola. Boy was kicked out of village under accusations of witchcraft, and he passed through three other villages before being apprehended by Vanga Health workers. Mission Report
July 19, 1996 - Teen daughters in a village near Hammanskraal burned 55-year old mother to death for witchcraft. Mother was dragged from bed at around 3:00 am, driven to a patch of dense bush, doused with petrol and burnt. Independent Newspapers
July 19, 1996 - In a village near Libode in Transkei, a panga (machete) wielding mob hacked to death three elderly women for practicing witchcraft. Independent Newspapers
September 27, 1996 - 52 youths, between the ages of 14 - 26 were charged in connection with the murder of 33 "witches" in 1994. In the first half of 1996, 676 witchcraft-related cases were reported in the Northern Province. Weekly Mail & Guardian
December 13, 1996 - In Saudi Arabia a Syrian man was beheaded in public for practicing witchcraft. Reuters
December 17, 1996 - In Mbala, a 70-year old woman was buried alive for suspected witchcraft. The Post
December 21, 1996 - A mob of angry young Ivorians severely attacked five people accused of witchcraft in the village of Voueboufla (Gambia). One person died and two are in deep comas and the other two are in serious condition. Africa News Service
March 20, 1997 - Meningitis kills 542 in Ghana, witch hunts launched. A mob killed three middle-aged women in the village of Yoggu, accusing them of spreading the disease through witchcraft. Reuters
April 1997 - Swazi pastor and wife hacked to death by members of rival church. The victims were accused of killing the rival church's choir master with witchcraft. Independent Newspapers
May 13, 1997 - A cat was beaten and kicked to death at FNB stadium during a competition because the cat's presence was considered a bad omen and a symbol of witchcraft. Independent Newspapers
September 1, 1997 - A family of four was killed while sleeping with AK-47 assault rifles, south of Durban. The victims were killed because the wife had been accused of using witchcraft. Independent Newspapers
October 27, 1997 - Ghana's human rights organization called for a halt to the dehumanizing treatment of women accused of witchcraft. Women in the Northern, Upper East and Upper West regions accused of witchcraft are being lynched or banished to "witch camps". There are four such camps located at Gambaga, Kukuo, Kpatinga and Nagani. There are 123 women at the Gambaga camp, 450 at Kukuo, 42 at Kpatinga and 193 at Nagani plus 13 men accused of being wizards. The ages of the "inmates" are between 35 - 90 years old. Africa News Service
um, not that anyone in the west is condoning this, but if witchcraft is against the law or taboo in these villages, one might think that maybe they should avoid practicing it?

kinda like being a sleezy daughter under islamic law: don't do the crime if ya can't pay the fine. i'm just say'n......;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#534926 May 16, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. would you like to try & impregnate me ??..
(sigh....i guess i hafta talk HL's language if she's ever gonna respond to me)

hey HL - i kinda imagine your legs looking good in fishnets. what's the word about them on the street and have you wraped them around anyone intersting lately?;)

Since: May 11

Nottingham, UK

#534927 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not gonna go through each and every one of those looking for witch burnings.
Just admit that witch burnings is not a common thing in Africa and definitely not a "big thing"...
...admit you`re unemployed 1000 post per week boy.

Watford, UK

#534928 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There are two reasons why people sometimes overlook the fact that that prophesy was actually fulfilled.
1. By making the assumption that the key Hebrew word, haphak, must be translated into English as "destroyed," rather than as "transformed," or "overturned," or "changed," etc.
2. And by making the assumption that the English word "destroyed" must always consist of a physical destruction.
Here's a believer's website that disagrees with you. I guess this is what you get when the message isn't clear.

http://bible-truth.org/Jonah.html

"Nineveh is described as a "great" city. It is estimated to have been sixty miles in diameter. It was large enough that it took Jonah three days to journey through it. After arriving at the city, Jonah immediately traveled about days journey which could mean near the center of the city, all the way preaching a message of doom. "Yet, forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown"!

The Bible says the city believed God. It is well to note that the message was being delivered by a prophet of their enemy, Israel. He was proclaiming the destruction of the whole city---and they believed! They accepted Jonah as the prophet of God, and they repented."

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#534929 May 16, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
January 8, 1998 - In Durban, Northern Zululand, five people were burned to death accused of witchcraft. Two women and three men were the victims and evidence suggests that a considerable amount of people carried-out the attack. Independent Newspapers
January 13, 1998 - A 79-year old farmer in the Volta region of Ghana is asking for compensation (equal to $23,000) from the chief and elders of his village for banishing him on accusations of witchcraft. The human rights commission is pursuing the matter, they have sent a letter of inquiry to the chief, and have received no response as of yet. Africa News Service
January 27, 1998 - In Northern Ghana, masked vigilantes clubbed and stoned two women aged 55 & 60 to death for allegedly practicing witchcraft. Reuters
January 28, 1998 - Police shelter "witch" and her two children after her village accused her of witchcraft in Hlogotlou in the Northern Province.
Independent Newspapers
February 16, 1998 - In Tanzania's Mwanza and Shinyanga regions, an alarming number of elderly women are being killed for witchcraft. Major General James Lubanga, the Mwanza regional commisioner said that the problem of witchcraft is common and behind every misfortune they believe somebody is involved. Africa News Service
March 6, 1998 - A human skull and a puffadder (snake) was found on a principal's desk in the Dete district. A witch doctor claimed that these were acts of witchcraft designed to kill the school headmaster. Independent Newspapers
April 3, 1998 - A security guard was shot by a 50-year old man outside an office block on Pritchard Street, central Johannesburg. The killer believed
that the guard used witchcraft on his daughter. Independent Newspapers
May 7, 1998 - A man who murdered his aunt is jailed for 11 years in Umtata. Hloniphile Mdludlu, 52, told Eastern Cape Judge Cecil Somyalo that after
his uncle died he consulted a sangoma (witch finder) in Gauteng who told him that his aunt, Nodimile Mdludlu, 70 was bewitching members of his
family. Independent Newspapers
May 16, 1998 - Last year, police in the Northern Province investigated over 150 murders of suspected witches. The problem has become so serious that a village has been set aside by the police as a "witch sanctuary". The village is named Helena and is about 60 kilometers from Pietersburg. Independent Newspapers
christians go in and clean up these places with food, education, medicine and love and the national geographic nut-bar-types complain about them messing with their "indigenious beauty". in the areas where christians haven't been able to succeed due to tribal leaders being inleague with violent demons, like you're doing, they cry "it's the ccwwisstiansss fauwt"

get off YOUR fat ass, mr arm-chair antichrist and go make a difference cuz there's gonna be a test!

"man will give an account for their every idle word" Jesus

Watford, UK

#534930 May 16, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Not correct, not when dealing in the things of God, a lack of faith IS a failing and a detriment when seeking out the Lord God of heaven and earth, many people have strong faith, but what is important is where that faith is placed.
You named faith in connection with other religions of the world in your post and asked me what makes mine right and theirs wrong, well.........again where does one have their faith placed in?.......some place their faith in other human beings, some in money and materialistic things, some in horoscopes and tarot cards, etc etc, but I know IN whom I have placed my faith and he has never let me down, because again.......I know IN whom I have believed.
2 Timothy 1:12
For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
Followers of other religions are just as certain in their faith as you are in yours.

Interesting that you quote Timothy.

Here's one of his...

"11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety."

1 Timothy 2:11-15

So there you have it. Blame women - but not the man. Furthermore, faith and belief aren't enough for women to be saved as it's clear from this that they also need to have babies.

Since: May 11

Nottingham, UK

#534931 May 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
christians go in and clean up these places with food, education, medicine and love and the national geographic nut-bar-types complain about them messing with their "indigenious beauty". in the areas where christians haven't been able to succeed due to tribal leaders being inleague with violent demons, like you're doing, they cry "it's the ccwwisstiansss fauwt"
get off YOUR fat ass, mr arm-chair antichrist and go make a difference cuz there's gonna be a test!
"man will give an account for their every idle word" Jesus
...you should carry on hiding, you were better at it.

Watford, UK

#534932 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Kill a bunch of kids?! Hmmm... 2 Kings 2:23-24?
"23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him.“Get out of here, baldy!” they said.“Get out of here, baldy!”
24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."
The "children" who assaulted Elisha, based on the original Hebrew word, would have been between the ages of 13 and 29. Past their Bar Mitzi but not yet full adults. This gang of 42 (or more) young adults surrounded Elisha and began taunting him because of his scared vow (bald head) and mocking the ascension of his master Elijah ("Go up"), Had God not interfered, Elisha would probably have been beaten to death by this mob of teens and young adults.
God interfering again? Not much free will there.

It's a shame that the bible god didn't interfere at Sandy Hook school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Steve III 650,732
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 21 min Hukt on Fonix 56,371
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 22 min Ajay 73
Plastic bag use plummets in England 2016 25 min kolna 1
Gay/Bi men in Leeds 32 min John Chalmers 2
women watching men naked on webcam (Mar '12) 1 hr Marxmellow 55
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 2 hr Mila 172
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr MUQ2 45,004
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr X Pendable 182,982
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 hr Hangman 971,894
More from around the web