Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#534853 May 16, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you kill bugs?
I don't on purpose. Sometimes I drive and they run into my truck. I tell myself that it's not my fault. I have to drive. I don't have any other way of getting to where I"m going.
I like spiders. I usually keep one or two somewhere on my person. Pockets and such.
I have faith that the spiders won't bite me and they have faith that I won't crush them between my hands. Either of us could do the opposite at any time but we don't. Why is that?
I read sometime in the past week of a famous singer from one of the rock groups (that I never listened to) which were popular some years ago, and was perhaps in his 40s or so now, died o complications that they think came from a spider bite, which he had some time ago, at which time he almost lost his arm. I think he died because one of his vital organs, likely liver, had shut down.

I suspect that is a very rare thing, and only certain spiders can be deadly, but it is interesting that you like to carry them in your pocket. In seems that spiders are one thing that I have a mild phobia of.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#534854 May 16, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, if seems in that post, that you are saying the same things that I was saying in my last post, before this one, to you. It would appear we both put a value in serious discussion of a topic.
I feel diminished when I put forth quite a bit of effort on a post and I get a put down reply.:)
Yeah I hear ya!

Its annoying as all get out for someone to ask a complicated question and you put quite a bit of effort in the reply and you either get a 2-word response, they don't acknowledge it at all, or they insult you! LOL

Annie and I have talked about this before. Then again, us of the longer post-count variety probably take it more to heart that other people:)

But yeah, I think we both feel the same way and would like to see more actual conversations

(T) Peace

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#534855 May 16, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. the commonality is they believe Jesus died on the cross, was resurrected and ascended to heaven ..
.. everything else is debatable and creates dissension. Believers join together when the situation demands it. Consider Mormons & Catholics combining resources to pass Proposition 8 ..
<quoted text>
.. a wise spiritual guide is necessary, one that does not want to give you his/her religion, convert you, one that will allow you to whittle your own design ..
<quoted text>
.. this is precisely why I will never reveal my belief or non-belief on this thread. Why subject yourself to ridicule ??..
<quoted text>
.. faith is usually based on personal experience ..
i believe that experience can be the result/manifestation of faith, but true faith must be founded on Truth/The Word of God or else it can just be a subjective feeling:)

Location hidden

#534856 May 16, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
)
Meant to say "where we hang" not where we hand..probably dictates what ugly side of Topix we see

If i hang out with mostly believers, it is the unbeliever trolls I am likely to see all day

If you hang out with mostly unbelievers, it is the believer trolls you are likely to see all day

It does take its toll and cause people to become frustrated quicker or build up walls and the only people to suffer from it are the ones who want real conversation. Heck, the trolls are happy no matter what is going on as long as they are included!

Location hidden

#534857 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I do get what I want in America, I see no reason to tuck tail and run.
She's worth fighting for, man.
You aren't talking to a fighter. A talker to be sure. On the internet he's anything he wants to pretend. In reality, he couldn't bail fast enough.

I am sure it plays no small role in why he hates 3/4th of the population and what's to attack its core belief system. A guy as selfish and arrogant as him would never want to see a place he left become better after leaving. He wants to see it become worse to justify his decision

Just like after leaving Christianity he needs to demonize it

People like this will try to convince others they are fighting the good fight. But the reality is they are either fighting a dirty fight or they are fighting at all. They just want to see other people miserable to validate their ego

The fact that the guy talking about "we can do better" left the country is all anybody needs to know imo. The bigotry just makes it more ironic

(T) Peace

Since: May 11

Nottingham, UK

#534858 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Witch burning is "big" in Africa?!
Yes.
answer

United States

#534859 May 16, 2013
His is the only, truly, unconditional love. There is no answer to that question and us, never having known that in our lives because it simply doesn't exist amoung humans always think there must be an angle or a reason. You don't know how something trivial like a cell phone works and you don't care, right? Then why question the greatest gift ever given to man by god? There is no answer that would satisfy

Location hidden

#534860 May 16, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>

To somebody not burdened by such a confirmation bias, arguments like these are deal killers for belief in your god.
Yawn

I guess

I really don't care of think about it

Why you believe or don't believe doesn't matter to me at all. Why can't you comprehend that? Why do you feel the need to keep explaining yourself to me?

Pay attention dummy

I DON'T CARE

Do you think I am up at night thinking "man, how can we bring Dr Taint back into the fold"?

We all make our own decisions and then deal with the consequences

Why are you so convinced people care what decisions YOU have made?

Man, you needed to be hugged more as a child or something

Location hidden

#534861 May 16, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Probably for the same reason that you and others want to evade the question. You both realize that the answer will expose the absurdity of your theology.
There are many such examples of Christian doctrine painting itself into a corner by contradicting itself, as with the omniscience vs free will problem. In any of them, you are forced to come up with bizarre and ridiculous answers, or evade the question altogether.
And I notice that you have been silent about my answer to your question about the year I became a doctor despite asking repeatedly and even trying to taunt and manipulate me into answering. I gave you my answer, and haven't seen any comment from you about it. Is that because you were hoping to spring some kind of trap if I gave you an answer that you could pounce on?
If so, doesn't that make you a little man with a tiny spirit? Isn't that the kind of thing that a little man does?
LOL

I know this is gonna to be a huge shock to you

But you aren't high up on my priority list! I haven't had a lot of time lately and i certainly had no interest in wasting it on you and checking to see if your stories match up. That would be something i would do when I had a lot of times on my hands and decided on a whim to go look. I mainly just wanted to see if you would answer and since you waited so long to answer you could have went through a ton of back posts to make sure you tailored your story correctly. You certainly save enough of them where you could have done that and you certainly didn't answer right away when asked

And like i said, I really am not in a hurry to find out you were a "doctor". A guy that didn't give a damn about his patients and prescribed thousands of addictive pain medicine scripts all while having the belief that opiate addiction isn't physical and that people who get addicted are mentally weak

Just knowing you are no longer practicing and are out of the faith and out of the country is enough for me to feel better. Making an ass out of you is kind of a hobby but not one I ever put a lot of time into

:)
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#534862 May 16, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
You must first prove the bible(the authority upon which you rely) to be factual or your rebuttal is reduced to mere musings.
Your malignant face is amusing you old bleedin gimp.
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#534863 May 16, 2013
<quoted text>
You're 67? What have you been doing for 67 years? Lying in a coma?
Nicely played.
"You must have heard the saying that an unexamined life is not worth living. The corollary is also true. An unlived life is not worth examining”– anon
Ok no more "Inga" but hey even absurd incoherent thespians gotta live?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#534864 May 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't talking to a fighter. A talker to be sure. On the internet he's anything he wants to pretend. In reality, he couldn't bail fast enough.
I am sure it plays no small role in why he hates 3/4th of the population and what's to attack its core belief system. A guy as selfish and arrogant as him would never want to see a place he left become better after leaving. He wants to see it become worse to justify his decision
Just like after leaving Christianity he needs to demonize it
People like this will try to convince others they are fighting the good fight. But the reality is they are either fighting a dirty fight or they are fighting at all. They just want to see other people miserable to validate their ego
The fact that the guy talking about "we can do better" left the country is all anybody needs to know imo. The bigotry just makes it more ironic
(T) Peace
It's funny that he left a roughly 85% religious nation to a roughly 95% religious nation.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534865 May 16, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
No it isn't. A few isolated incidents aren't considered "big"...

Nottingham, UK

#534866 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/nigeria_5...

Nottingham, UK

#534867 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.unicef.org/wcaro/wcaro_children-ac...

Location hidden

#534868 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny that he left a roughly 85% religious nation to a roughly 95% religious nation.
Yet he is convinced not only Christianity is on the ropes but that he personally has been instrumental in that!

I know people throw the word "delusional" around a lot but I don't know how else to explain it. He doesn't seem technically insane or retarded to me. Yet he believes these things he says, that him and a couple of people on the Internet are changing the country. The country he isn't in

It is what it is I guess

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#534872 May 16, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Why didn't you say that to "serah"?
She knows what His words says~

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#534873 May 16, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're using the latest mistranslation of the bible, right?
Because I could have sworn that it said "lie with" and not "have sexual relations," meaning that the man should not treat another man like he would a woman; like property. See, you either take everything as literal, or you take everything as parables.
You are just cherry-picking, like all the other bigots and hateful people like yourself.
Since you are using the newest, mistranslated version of the bible, which inserts words where those words were not, your point is already invalid.
Besides, even if we were to accept your verses, you have not shown where it says that "homosexuality is a sin," which you claimed the bible said. You are a proven liar now.
You haven't even spoken on the fact that people don't get thrown in jail for wearing mixed fabrics, eating seafood, and even touching pork, whereas your bible says people should be killed/go to hell for it.
<quoted text>
.. if someone is trapped in the web of duty, sometimes their vision is blurred ..
.. when it comes to my interactions with people, I do most everything I do because I want to, not because I need to ..
.. did you want or did you need to condemn Lasez ??..
God condemns people- but only after offering them a way out- and their own refusal to accept His invitation. <3

What WE KNOW but the unbelievers don't , is this :

Words of Gods judgment against humans are to be heard as a call to renewal and hope.

God cleans house not only because
the home is filthy

but because it has the

possibility of

being clean again.
~*~
He offers everyone the opportunity to start anew.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534876 May 16, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
Um... Ok. That only talks about children accused of witchcraft in Nigeria, not that burning witches is "big" in Africa.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#534878 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Now the next time IANS preaches that Christians should keep our prayers private and "in our living rooms", you'll nail him for it, right?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for proving my point, darlin.
No problem, sweetheart. You appeared to be struggling with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 17 min Nohweh 42,048
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 18 min Johnny 630
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min PadMark 690,470
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Uncle Al 4,363
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr another viewer 989,749
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr Wisdom of Ages 6,598
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 5 hr Naturally Wired 39,275
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 6 hr Rabbis on the Run 129
More from around the web