Lost In Transition

Silver Springs, FL

#534719 May 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
And David lusted for another mans woman, and sent him off to die so he might have her for himself.(God said that David was a man after hid own heart).

What does that tell you?
Keep an eye on Dave.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#534720 May 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I had periods in my life where I doubted
I had periods in my life where I didn't believe at all
I had periods in my life where I didn't want to believe
I had periods in my life where i believed but wanted nothing to do with God
I had periods in my life where i believed but felt I didn't deserve to have God in my life with how i was living
I have run the gauntlet my friend. And that is even with having experiences from a young age that make it basically impossible for me to deny God exists. But we can often make ourselves believe or not believe (however you want to look at it) a lot of things even if they are not true. Or maybe even vice versa and we can make ourselves believe things we don't think are true but convince ourselves otherwise
Between the psychological games we play with ourselves and our own motives and our own life experiences, faith can be a very hard road to stay on
But I can tell you from the bottom of my heart that today I am 100% convinced God exists
There may be a lot of other details I am wrong about, details that center more around religion and not faith, but that God exists is one thing I believe with every ounce of my being
(T) Peace
Do you kill bugs?

I don't on purpose. Sometimes I drive and they run into my truck. I tell myself that it's not my fault. I have to drive. I don't have any other way of getting to where I"m going.

I like spiders. I usually keep one or two somewhere on my person. Pockets and such.

I have faith that the spiders won't bite me and they have faith that I won't crush them between my hands. Either of us could do the opposite at any time but we don't. Why is that?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#534721 May 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
A large number of Christians did just that. They were murdered by the Roman Imperial Church and their books burned.
Yes they were.
That is an example where truth and love is dispelled in the face of greed and power.
Lost In Transition

United States

#534722 May 16, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you kill bugs?
I have faith that the spiders won't bite me and they have faith that I won't crush them between my hands. Either of us could do the opposite at any time but we don't. Why is that?
I shot an armadillo last night. He was digging up my potatos.
Potatos are my friends.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#534723 May 16, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
So I can kill myself with no repercussions from the GOD?
Free will?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =s9p5iyr5bXcXX
Please don't ask things like that my friend. The printed word makes it hard if not impossible sometimes to determine mind-set of the poster and it would scare the hell out of me to think this might be something you considered

I have seen a lot of people in this world. Most left me very underwhelmed. People like you don't come along very often. You have a way of making the people around you feel better about life. Do you know how rare a gift that is?

How God might respond to a person in pain making such a choice is something we can't know. I was taught certain things about suicide and God but there is no way to know. I believe God to be just and understanding and it would be my hope that when life is not a blessing He would understand. I support euthanasia for instance. To live only to be in pain till we die makes no sense to me. And who is to say psychological pain is any less worthy of mercy?

But what I do know is the repercussions in this world. And it would break the hearts of those that know you

I know at some point people probably feel that even though they don't want to hurt others that they simply don't have the strength to go on. When I was addicted I contemplated killing myself almost daily

I know a little about a lot and a lot about a little when it comes to life. IMO anyway. And if there is one thing I know for a certainty it is that we are stronger than we think and things are never as bad as they seem. Life is cycular and with time it always gets better

Everyone probably thinks about it at some point in their life, whenever that lowest moment is. But I can tell you I could not be more grateful I never pulled the trigger

You may just be asking out of curiosity. And if that was the case I still want you to remember this post because we all have low moments, even if not right now.

You are younger and in many things that makes no difference and you have shown a maturity way beyond your years. But trust me when i say it takes some time on this planet to realize what kind of people are in it and which people to ignore and which people to cherish. And you my friend are at the top of the list of the good ones

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#534724 May 16, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>Somebody else can take notes ...I'm gonna be shaggin ass the hell away from there.
NOT ME!
I wanna know!

Location hidden

#534725 May 16, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I know my audience, Skom.
I have to. I'm the youngest one here.
When I was competing, before a match, my Master would kneel beside me and say, "The opponent is yours, but win in a such a way that his mother will like you."
Wise mentor.

Location hidden

#534726 May 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah.
I know I'm a tough one, but if you'll forgive my previous balk, I'd be honored ta "really" be yer friend.
Yer not alone girl...
I am alone Cap'n.

I was born alone and I will die alone.

What happens inb'tween don't matter much, do it?

Sometimes you want a fan and sometimes you want a heater.

And then you die.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#534727 May 16, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
The video is not available in my country. I get that a lot.
I appreciate your concern. I will be OK.
So will you.
You are... we are... I know <3
I have to go now.
[ try this one.]

Until again my friend.
Take Care

“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#534728 May 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they were.
That is an example where truth and love is dispelled in the face of greed and power.
Does truth even exist BT?

Location hidden

#534729 May 16, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you kill bugs?
I don't on purpose. Sometimes I drive and they run into my truck. I tell myself that it's not my fault. I have to drive. I don't have any other way of getting to where I"m going.
I like spiders. I usually keep one or two somewhere on my person. Pockets and such.
I don't like killing anything innocent

It may be a coward's way out but I try not to think about here food comes from and the conditions of the slaughter houses because I tell myself it is out of my control and it will go on whether i eat meat or not. And if too many people stopped eating meat there would be a whole new mess of problems from gases in the air from cows grazing to over-population to starvation of animals, etc. But maybe I am just trying to sleep at night

But in any event, when it is under my direct control, I don't kill things. I will throw them outside. I will trap squirrels and drive them to fields. Every year I used to let a fishfly hang on my shoulder all day because they only live one day and instead of it getting squashed or having a crummy day I wanted to give at least one a unique experience.

People may find that bizarre but there is so little innocence in this world that I have come to value it a lot anywhere i find it. Animals and babies top that list

My friends used to ask how i could be so vicious in street fights and put an ant on apiece of paper to carry it outside or rescue injured birds. To me it was an easy answer. Those things didn't do anything bad to anybody and therefore they deserve to be protected. If a person comes at me with violence they have never liked how it has ended. I still am not a turn the other cheek kinda guy. I want to be in most cases but it just isn't who i am

Yet I do do it at times. So why do we generally do what we do as a pattern? Because that is who we are. When that pattern is a good thing, then its a good part of us. When its a bad thing, it is a daily struggle to overcome it. But it can be done. It isn't that we can't do something different. often the truth is we simply just don't want to

(T) Peace

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#534730 May 16, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
I shot an armadillo last night. He was digging up my potatos.
Potatos are my friends.
lol... I love them too... hello LIT!
Lost In Transition

United States

#534731 May 16, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
So I can kill myself with no repercussions from the GOD?
Free will?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =s9p5iyr5bXcXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#534732 May 16, 2013
Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>
Does truth even exist BT?
(((*()*))) LuLu! xx

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#534733 May 16, 2013
Name appears on post wrote:
I happen to LIKE the fact that not everyone is perfect. I like all of the little foibles that make us unique. I happen to LIKE all of the variations in thought and in lifestyles, modes of self-expression, and such. I also like other races, sexual orientations, gender variance, neurological diversity, and basically anything "different." I also love those who
CHOOSE to be different in a world where everyone is the same due to fear. I embrace diversity, whereas Christianity just DOESN'T. The problem is that Christians' minds are already made up. You can't LEARN from them. It's like talking to a brick wall, in most instances. There's a metaphor -- "THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX." And they just don't DO that.
Hey NAOP!
Try this box...
If you truly in love with a Prince who wanted to take it a step further... to marry him, would you say no? What if he was the Prince of Peace and his box was real true peace from everything you and I call cruel in this world, and we didn't have to worry about those things any-more...
...and what if we represented the bride of this Prince would you come to the wedding feast planned too?
You can say, there are a lot of ifs in this story, so let's say it is real. No if's buts whys or excuses, just pure good truth of a different kind. Like... I mean... we would have to be different to marry a Prince wouldn't we? And even if were appeared normal like everyone else on the outside of our box, surely if folk were brave enough to take a look inside, they would know how different they are to us also, right?
Of course they are... real different!
Some of them are just real scared of the unknown in this box, but we don't have to be. No-one in their right mind marries some-one they are afraid of.
OK That's it for now... tune in for more if you like this box.
Ummm my mind is made up tho'... toads and crows are welcome to join us!
Good to say hello again my friend, and oh... ummm... my Prince sends his Peace and Love to you also!(((*()*)) with my Kolala Hugs

Location hidden

#534734 May 16, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep an eye on Dave.
Or maybe this "god" ain't really a "standup" guy?

Location hidden

#534735 May 16, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
2 x posts ??? Sorry topix fault!
<quoted text>
Do you jump any other way? <3
LOL, touche'
Peace_Warrior wrote:
I feel the same... mostly. In the beginning I didn't come in here outside of the question WSJLM, and have said, I cannot even imagine why he should love me at all!
That said, any folk who can converse with respect makes it a better world... anywhere. As for justifying one to the other, facts are sometimes overlooked that many do know the Bible as good as anyone else called Christian, having made their decisions long before what their choice is now. What I don't understand is, even if there is strong opposition, why must then a Christian not respect this fact, rather than hanging on every breath - even if some others do the same to oppose - just to look for a break in the clouds to save their souls? That already is their free will to either give up on when they chose to leave this path, or not go there. Isn't this called respect also?
I grew to love Micha, even tho he gave me the rawest deal in the beginning, we had a warm respect for what we did have in common soon after that. You have the gift of speech... and that is a blessing called yours. I only wish to share... maybe that's mine. So what should a thread like this bend from being ourselves rather than a sermon on saving souls? They could open another thread to thrash that one out, but it is not my duty as a pw... which is my life, and not just in this place. And now that it also is Prove there's a God??? Where that thread gone? Isn't there enough space to share such respect?
Either way... despite agree to disagree... without respect no-one is anything, Christian or not.
Love and Peace always my friend and good to say hello between the battle fields!~~smile~~ Take Care.'We cam, we saw, we conquered.'
"I don't regret any of the life decisions I've made... Because I appreciate the lessons I have learned along the way... that have made me what I am today..." Morris James
Well, I know you know that respect is not something people give out freely

Mankind does not have a live and let live attitude so to expect it to not only live and let live but do so while respecting the other person is unfortunately probably asking too much and giving mankind too much credit

You are on of the few in my life i have seen that can do this pretty much across the board

I have zero expectations that I will ever see any improvement in my lifetime

man is just the way he is

Nobody will ever confuse me for a peace warrior. But I do stand for equal treatment of everyone. Its not as good as some but its netter than a lot.

Its a starting point anyway I guess

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#534736 May 16, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you kill bugs?
Strange ...I have that with animals. Butterflies even more so.

Location hidden

#534737 May 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't ask things like that my friend. The printed word makes it hard if not impossible sometimes to determine mind-set of the poster and it would scare the hell out of me to think this might be something you considered
I have seen a lot of people in this world. Most left me very underwhelmed. People like you don't come along very often. You have a way of making the people around you feel better about life. Do you know how rare a gift that is?
How God might respond to a person in pain making such a choice is something we can't know. I was taught certain things about suicide and God but there is no way to know. I believe God to be just and understanding and it would be my hope that when life is not a blessing He would understand. I support euthanasia for instance. To live only to be in pain till we die makes no sense to me. And who is to say psychological pain is any less worthy of mercy?
But what I do know is the repercussions in this world. And it would break the hearts of those that know you
I know at some point people probably feel that even though they don't want to hurt others that they simply don't have the strength to go on. When I was addicted I contemplated killing myself almost daily
I know a little about a lot and a lot about a little when it comes to life. IMO anyway. And if there is one thing I know for a certainty it is that we are stronger than we think and things are never as bad as they seem. Life is cycular and with time it always gets better
Everyone probably thinks about it at some point in their life, whenever that lowest moment is. But I can tell you I could not be more grateful I never pulled the trigger
You may just be asking out of curiosity. And if that was the case I still want you to remember this post because we all have low moments, even if not right now.
You are younger and in many things that makes no difference and you have shown a maturity way beyond your years. But trust me when i say it takes some time on this planet to realize what kind of people are in it and which people to ignore and which people to cherish. And you my friend are at the top of the list of the good ones
(T) Peace
I like you Skom.

I don't say that to many people on Topix.

I would name them all but I might forget one and that wouldn't be good, would it?

I went to Black Rock City last year and I think I have a ride this year. Have you ever been there?
Lost In Transition

United States

#534738 May 16, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
lol... I love them too... hello LIT!
Hey, PW.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 743,283
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 17 min ChristineM 228,516
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 17 min Clearwater 174,180
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 30 min Johnny 3,346
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 42 min Stiff N clean 260
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 46 min AussieBobby 260,119
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr KayMarie 544,818

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE