Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#534809 May 16, 2013
scaritual wrote:
But, we....
We're talking about the deity hypothesis, or "gods".
Yeessss...... And you divert?
This'll piss you off, cause it's one of your pet peeves.
Which god?
You dislike that question, but you assume that yours is the only one(yes?), Hindus have their deity concepts, etc...
It's not that I dislike the question, it's just a retarded and diversionary question. I'm Christian, scar. You ***should*** know "which god"...

I'll not entertain your perceptions of Hindu gods.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534810 May 16, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Not too much.
Does it show?
I had to read between the lines, but I got it...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534811 May 16, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Keep waiting.
Why would she get involved? The Dimwit has begged for the insults. He has done everything in his power to start them and perpetuate them. He works overtime to keep them coming.
Did he not see what happened between me and G_O_D and how little it took for me to relent? All he did was suggest indirectly that he might have been wrong - something about his head up his girlfriend's ass. That was contrition enough for me, wasn't it? On that basis of that alone, and nothing else at all, I chose to bury the hatchet without any more of an apology than that.
The Dimwit has assiduously worked not only to avoid even the tiniest hint of contrition, he has actually escalated his offensive.
How should I deal with that? And why should Happy Lesbo object?
Nobody needs to feel sorry for that piece of garbage. He deserves every single word of abuse he gets.
You don't see the bigotry in your words, do you?

It's just like saying "He deserves to sit in the back of the because he's black"

C'mon, IANS. I thought you were better than this.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534812 May 16, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody needs pity.
What about the foo?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534813 May 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes, it is. Sorry. That's what I see.
<quoted text>
Your alternative appear to be to fight it, accept it, or leave it.
I think fighting is in vain.
I chose not to accept it for a variety of reasons that might not pertain to you. Perhaps staying put would be better for you. America might not be too bad if you're conservative. You might get what you want, although if you do, I'll bet you won't want it after you get it.
And if you choose to leave, Mexico is only one option. I'm well satisfied with it, but you might not be.
I hear that Ecuador, Thailand and Chile are decent places to live as well, although I have no first hand knowledge. I've also heard good things about Belize and Costa Rica. Europe is pricier than any of these.
I do get what I want in America, I see no reason to tuck tail and run.

She's worth fighting for, man.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534814 May 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Ditto. I appreciate your good nature lately.
I'm trying my damndest to keep the peace in these parts.

NOT an easy task.....
mike

AOL

#534815 May 16, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I reread my post...I did not call it one's imagination...one believes whatever appears to them to be real. Maybe that reality is from the need to believe it is real...I can't speak to that when it comes to someone else.
Again...from my recollection...
From Biblical teaching...nothing else is needed but relying on God. It tells you often that God is all you need.
Again Mike...if believing that one is still connected to a loved one...does that harm anyone? Life is sometimes pretty tough...if "speaking" to a loved one makes it easier and brings comfort...then who are we to question that? All within reason of course...
Maybe someone can justify it biblically but I can't find any scripture that does...maybe I am just not looking in the right places.
Thanks
This life is tough, whatever a person use is their choice, no harm, no foul.
In regards to christianity, if you claim to believe in a GOD, using other things will nullify your belief.

You can't claim believing in a GOD, but use dead people for comfort.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534816 May 16, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Genies:
RR might like this one.
There were three girls on a deserted island. One Blonde, one brunette and one red head. One day a bottle washed up. One of them picked it up and while rubbing the sand off of it, a Genie appeared.
"Since you released me from the bottle, I will allow three wishes. As there are three of you here, you each get one wish", said the Genie.
He looked first to the dark haired girl. She said, "I would like to back home with my boyfriend."
POOF !! She was gone.
He looked next to the red haired girl. She said, "I want to be back home with my family".
POOF !! She was gone.
He looked at the yellow haired girl. "What is your wish?", asked the Genie.
She looked around sadly and said, "I'm all alone here. I wish my two friends were back."
HA HA HA HA!!!!! Dumb blondes....

That was funny right there!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534817 May 16, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Correction:*no one knows*, not, >know one knows<.
Where would we be without typos.....
fcuked.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534818 May 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
You are dancing around the truth.
If Jesus already knew what was going to happen, it was "predestined".
There is no "free will" in "predestined"....non e
Like I told scar, in order for that to hold up to scrutiny, you'll have to demonstrate that Jesus was controlling Peter's actions.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534819 May 16, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet are you sure that those horrors are metaphorical rather than literal?
Which ones?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534820 May 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>The book says that he would deny him 3 times and when.
That is NOT a hazard guess...it IS knowledge of predestined action.
So what if it was predestined, that simply means to determine an outcome (or course of events) in advance by divine will.

That does not imply that Jesus controlled Peter's actions.
mike

AOL

#534821 May 16, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe these verses will help Annie.
Luke 15:7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.
Luke 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
What does this mean?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534822 May 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then...just how do you suppose those "hate based" things came into being in creation from the omnipotent if they were not "created from and in the very beginning?
Hint: man cannot "create" that which does not already exist.
Things happen outside of God's will, man. Satan is a prime example of that.

Man CAN create things that do not exist, we do it all the time....

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#534823 May 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Jesus love Satan?
.. you deserve an answer to this question ..

.. in the bible, Jesus was tempted by the devil. He resisted, overcame the temptation of worldly wealth and learned a valuable lesson - the strength of conviction ..

.. like all great myths, there's a lesson to be learned. This one speaks to an inner strength based on conviction, the ability to overcome powerful detrimental forces in your life that may tempt, but, ultimately harm you ..

.. if you learn, become a better person or increase your personal power, you must be grateful and always thank your teacher, even love your teacher. So, like any good myth, yes, Jesus must love Satan ..

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534824 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

I know atheists love the OT, for it's "horrors". They also love the KJV version. It's a medieval translation made for medieval minds.
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
AND an example of your deity in action.
A medieval example....
Tanya

South Africa

#534825 May 16, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks
This life is tough, whatever a person use is their choice, no harm, no foul.
In regards to christianity, if you claim to believe in a GOD, using other things will nullify your belief.
You can't claim believing in a GOD, but use dead people for comfort.
Both are possible. I believe in God and I see and speak to people in the afterlife and I attend the Spiritual church. Spiritualism is very big in Africa.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534826 May 16, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you kill bugs?
I don't on purpose. Sometimes I drive and they run into my truck. I tell myself that it's not my fault. I have to drive. I don't have any other way of getting to where I"m going.
I like spiders. I usually keep one or two somewhere on my person. Pockets and such.
I have faith that the spiders won't bite me and they have faith that I won't crush them between my hands. Either of us could do the opposite at any time but we don't. Why is that?
Wait....

Hold on a sec...

O_o

Just a...

Now, it's a...

O_o

You have a truck?

*listens intently*

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534827 May 16, 2013
<quoted text>
If it could be known with certainty what would happen before it happened, it would show that the individual - Peter in this case - had no choice in the matter, but not why.
Why would you say that Peter had no choice? Jesus never forced him to do anything, all He said was that Peter was gonna betray Him three times that day.

He never specified when or how, just that he would.
mike

AOL

#534828 May 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>You are in your own world or not following along. My post was in response to unbelievers asking why God doesnt intervene to stop bad things. It has absolutely nothing to do with when God Himself punishes man. If anything you are making my point stronger that for all their feigned indignation, unbelievers dont really want God intervening. Unless I suppose if it is only when they say and how they say ande for who they say
Why do you pretend to not understand?

It's very clear!... there is no GOD,..at least not within you.

Perhaps you're not chosen?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 42 min Thinking 92,418
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 667,636
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Gabriel 979,330
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr bad bob 183,614
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr Rosa_Winkel 445,564
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr MUQ2 285,972
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 5 hr Joe Fortuna 2,024
More from around the web