“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#534754 May 16, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I know.
I always knew.
He makes me practice for 2 hours every day whether I like it or not. One hour on the dummy and one hour on hands.
He is teaching you discipline and rules of conduct and honor.
inherent in that is love.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#534755 May 16, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
people are free moral agents to do good or evil. If God stepped in every time someone plots evil, then that person free will have been taken away.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Not at all.

What do you think free will means? If the police stepped in to foil some "evil" plot, would the conspirators have lost their free will, or merely had its expression thwarted? Obviously, free will doesn't mean the ability to express that will.

If you study this matter a little, you'll discover that you really don't know just what you mean by free will, and have no way to determine whether it exists. For all we know, our wills are determined by neural electrochemical processes, and are in principle as predictable as eclipses.

So once again, what do you think free will means? How would you know if you had free will or not? What would it be like if your will were programmed into you? Would it still be free? Would it feel any different that it does now.
< crickets >

People who think about these thing, which you declined to do, disagree with you. You're happy just to make whatever pronouncements your priests taught you, or that you think support your guess about a particular god existing, but not to examine them beyond superficial considerations.

That is consistent with faith based thinking and reality creation. You don't want to look at it too closely, since your pronouncements might fall apart when subjected to the light of close scrutiny.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#534756 May 16, 2013
Thinking wrote:
The ~100 trillion organisms in each of our intestines say otherwise.
<quoted text>
There are thousands of grey boxes.

My favourite colour is grey.

If you buy me a grey guitar, we'll play.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#534757 May 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>He is teaching you discipline and rules of conduct and honor.
inherent in that is love.
He gets paid to teach me.

Don't forget that.

What is more important to him? My improvement or his paycheck?

It's a mystery, right?

It's always a mystery.

Location hidden

#534758 May 16, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget that.
It's a mystery, right?
It's always a mystery.
Yes...it is.
You can determine that in a few tests of your own--cant you?
Of course, I don't know how long you have known your teacher and to what degree you are intimate in relation.

Location hidden

#534759 May 16, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget that.
It's a mystery, right?
It's always a mystery.
I am sorry. I am "old school in thought".

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#534760 May 16, 2013
Adam wrote:
@Serah
Did you get scared?
LOL..... I watched one of the movies and it was scary ~ but I watched the exorcist when I was 18 and that was flipping terrifying :)

#534761 May 16, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you say that in private it is sincere
But this is a commercial
purposely done to make an impression
You want to receive praise for your exalted words
A real spiritual person can taste that
He can easily distinguish diamonds from paste
Christianity always has this quality of fakeness. It is a rational belief that only mimics feeling. It is the quality that makes psychopaths so dangerous. They mimic feeling without feeling trough a process of rationalisation.
By the way, it does not mean that psychopaths do not believe their words. The whole is point of rationalizing is self-deceit. They do want to believe that Jesus is guiding them. If they exploit people they will pray: thank you Jesus for your bountiful gifts. It is very important for psychopaths to believe their own lies and connect them to God.
Psychopaths over-rationalize, they have no feeling, only feelings. No feeling for others, strong feelings for themselves. All this talk about being saved is always about me, myself and I. Their life story is often the same, they did terrible things, but now they are saved. From now on they will harm people feeling good under the cloak of Jesus. Now they have found the perfect legitimization. The feel so relieved, so happy, they are safe, no more guilt feelings, no more consequences, Jesus forgives anything.
One thing we need to understand, these people have no self-knowledge what so ever. They live in beliefs, convictions and make it into a fake value, not to question them. Questioning them would seriously hurt their own ego and they have huge ego's.
They are the most vainest of all people. They pretend to be humble servants of the Lord. But there is nothing more presumptuous than that you can act as the caretaker of God. That would make you second in command in the Universe. You place yourself above everyone else.
But they found a way to hide that fact by pretending they are only executing the orders given by God in the Bible. That is why they constantly refer to the Bible. It is the legitimation of all their evil. The bible is the perfect tool, for the bible can legitimize any atrocity in the name of God. It is just a matter of finding the right texts and framing it in the right words. Like the Jesuits wrote to the pope, we can prove anything you want proven. The bible is that flexible, it is the preferred tool for these slippery, two-faced people.
Since these people have no self-knowledge, they do this unconsciously. To them it feels like a "revelation from God". They will say things like: God told me to do that. These people make self-deceit into an art-form. They prey on people full of lust, but tell themselves they are doing Gods work.
When they are unmasked in public their natural reaction is always to deny and lie. A nice example is one of their leaders, Ted Haggard. When presented with accusations, he lied. When presented with proof, he changed his lies. Every time they produced more facts, he adapted his lies.
But does Ted Haggard see himself as deceitful person unworthy of teaching moral to others? No. He simply rationalized again. This was in Gods plan to purify him, and now he is even more worthy to use his gift to serve God.
One thing YOU NEED TO KNOW is that we appreciate reading a daily Prayer ~ and we love reading Epi's choices. End of story.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#534762 May 16, 2013
M*O*R*N*I*N*G

“The life you have left is a gift. Cherish it. Enjoy it now, to the fullest. Do what matters, now.”

~ Leo Babauta

Thought For The Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#534763 May 16, 2013
Today's Prayer

Dear God, It's scary being a parent today. Times are so different. Teens face so many obstacles the adversary places in their paths in today's corrupt society. I pray that you will give wisdom and guidance to parents, and special "unction from on high" to Christian parents to know how to understand, relate, and raise their children. Please help them to live a life of positive influence in front of their teens and transfer the values that they will need to build a positive life; help them know what is acceptable and unacceptable teenage behavior; and give them support along the way. Thank You, God, for Your ever-present help. In Jesus' name, amen.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#534764 May 16, 2013
Encouraging Words....

The Lord will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right.

Psalm 84:11

K-Love

#534765 May 16, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Awwwwwwww........
Galatians 5:22-23
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Beautiful Scriptures :)

Location hidden

#534766 May 16, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Beautiful Scriptures :)
Well...excepting th Canaanites and Hittites-who were Abrahams folks.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#534767 May 16, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
When I got my dog from the rescue place, I thought the dude said he would make a good guard dog.
Never get a dog in Boston.
My dog just lays in the closet with his paws together.
Gawd dog, my ass.
Ba Da Boom (rim shot)

My cousin was from Boston....He said Gawbige...as in "I'm going to take out the Gawbige"

#534768 May 16, 2013
Jimmy K wrote:
i just wish those bible thumpers would leave me alone knocking at my door and walking the streets around here like zombies...
I dont push my religion on folks please dont push your bullshit on me.
nuff said!
Don't you think you are hypocritical coming into our forum and writing that? We're not pushing anything on you ~ you are in here pushing your words on us. Nuff said indeed!!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#534769 May 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Edit scaritual...its ironic that for all the talk of myths and comparisons to Easter bunnies and what not that its unbelievers that feel if God exists that he should function as a Genie in a lamp and just grant personal wishes by only intervening when you permit it to do what you guys approve of. Maybe that is why some left the faith? Because God wasnt their personal wish granter
Unbelievers don't prescribe how gods should function.

We show you that your god cannot exist according to YOUR description of it. Your description predicts how it should behave given what it allegedly knows, what it can allegedly do, what it has allegedly said, and how it allegedly feels about man. Your version of god claims and promises that it is a "wish granter." Observation contradicts that, and rules your god out.

This is over your head. Give it up. Don't try to understand it. It's not for you. Your role is to continue making up cartoonish versions of what you suppose that we think like the one above so that you can feel more secure in your own beliefs.

#534770 May 16, 2013
high end wrote:
<quoted text>
The ancient Egyptians believed in the afterlife and they didn't need faith.
And that was thousands of years before the Jesus thing.
That was Faith....... and they still have it!!
Thinking

London, UK

#534771 May 16, 2013
Pity the trees that become guitars.

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
There are thousands of grey boxes.
My favourite colour is grey.
If you buy me a grey guitar, we'll play.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

#534772 May 16, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, It's scary being a parent today. Times are so different. Teens face so many obstacles the adversary places in their paths in today's corrupt society. I pray that you will give wisdom and guidance to parents, and special "unction from on high" to Christian parents to know how to understand, relate, and raise their children. Please help them to live a life of positive influence in front of their teens and transfer the values that they will need to build a positive life; help them know what is acceptable and unacceptable teenage behavior; and give them support along the way. Thank You, God, for Your ever-present help. In Jesus' name, amen.
Prime time with God
Amen :)

#534773 May 16, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Encouraging Words....
The Lord will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right.
Psalm 84:11
K-Love
Amen :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Hidingfromyou 863,951
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 14 min dollarsbill 6,402
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 16 min sangili karuppan 1,838
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 46 min sangili karuppan 7,475
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 54 min Ajay 446
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 1 hr MUQ2 835
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr BenAdam 1,939
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr pusherman_ 599,406
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr WasteWater 272,403
More from around the web