Location hidden

#534735 May 16, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
2 x posts ??? Sorry topix fault!
<quoted text>
Do you jump any other way? <3
LOL, touche'
Peace_Warrior wrote:
I feel the same... mostly. In the beginning I didn't come in here outside of the question WSJLM, and have said, I cannot even imagine why he should love me at all!
That said, any folk who can converse with respect makes it a better world... anywhere. As for justifying one to the other, facts are sometimes overlooked that many do know the Bible as good as anyone else called Christian, having made their decisions long before what their choice is now. What I don't understand is, even if there is strong opposition, why must then a Christian not respect this fact, rather than hanging on every breath - even if some others do the same to oppose - just to look for a break in the clouds to save their souls? That already is their free will to either give up on when they chose to leave this path, or not go there. Isn't this called respect also?
I grew to love Micha, even tho he gave me the rawest deal in the beginning, we had a warm respect for what we did have in common soon after that. You have the gift of speech... and that is a blessing called yours. I only wish to share... maybe that's mine. So what should a thread like this bend from being ourselves rather than a sermon on saving souls? They could open another thread to thrash that one out, but it is not my duty as a pw... which is my life, and not just in this place. And now that it also is Prove there's a God??? Where that thread gone? Isn't there enough space to share such respect?
Either way... despite agree to disagree... without respect no-one is anything, Christian or not.
Love and Peace always my friend and good to say hello between the battle fields!~~smile~~ Take Care.'We cam, we saw, we conquered.'
"I don't regret any of the life decisions I've made... Because I appreciate the lessons I have learned along the way... that have made me what I am today..." Morris James
Well, I know you know that respect is not something people give out freely

Mankind does not have a live and let live attitude so to expect it to not only live and let live but do so while respecting the other person is unfortunately probably asking too much and giving mankind too much credit

You are on of the few in my life i have seen that can do this pretty much across the board

I have zero expectations that I will ever see any improvement in my lifetime

man is just the way he is

Nobody will ever confuse me for a peace warrior. But I do stand for equal treatment of everyone. Its not as good as some but its netter than a lot.

Its a starting point anyway I guess

(T) Peace

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#534736 May 16, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you kill bugs?
I don't on purpose. Sometimes I drive and they run into my truck. I tell myself that it's not my fault. I have to drive. I don't have any other way of getting to where I"m going.
I like spiders. I usually keep one or two somewhere on my person. Pockets and such.
I have faith that the spiders won't bite me and they have faith that I won't crush them between my hands. Either of us could do the opposite at any time but we don't. Why is that?
Strange ...I have that with animals. Butterflies even more so.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#534737 May 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't ask things like that my friend. The printed word makes it hard if not impossible sometimes to determine mind-set of the poster and it would scare the hell out of me to think this might be something you considered
I have seen a lot of people in this world. Most left me very underwhelmed. People like you don't come along very often. You have a way of making the people around you feel better about life. Do you know how rare a gift that is?
How God might respond to a person in pain making such a choice is something we can't know. I was taught certain things about suicide and God but there is no way to know. I believe God to be just and understanding and it would be my hope that when life is not a blessing He would understand. I support euthanasia for instance. To live only to be in pain till we die makes no sense to me. And who is to say psychological pain is any less worthy of mercy?
But what I do know is the repercussions in this world. And it would break the hearts of those that know you
I know at some point people probably feel that even though they don't want to hurt others that they simply don't have the strength to go on. When I was addicted I contemplated killing myself almost daily
I know a little about a lot and a lot about a little when it comes to life. IMO anyway. And if there is one thing I know for a certainty it is that we are stronger than we think and things are never as bad as they seem. Life is cycular and with time it always gets better
Everyone probably thinks about it at some point in their life, whenever that lowest moment is. But I can tell you I could not be more grateful I never pulled the trigger
You may just be asking out of curiosity. And if that was the case I still want you to remember this post because we all have low moments, even if not right now.
You are younger and in many things that makes no difference and you have shown a maturity way beyond your years. But trust me when i say it takes some time on this planet to realize what kind of people are in it and which people to ignore and which people to cherish. And you my friend are at the top of the list of the good ones
(T) Peace
I like you Skom.

I don't say that to many people on Topix.

I would name them all but I might forget one and that wouldn't be good, would it?

I went to Black Rock City last year and I think I have a ride this year. Have you ever been there?
Lost In Transition

United States

#534738 May 16, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
lol... I love them too... hello LIT!
Hey, PW.
Lost In Transition

United States

#534739 May 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe this "god" ain't really a "standup" guy?
Can't answer that. So I'll keep my eye on Dave.
Him I know.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#534740 May 16, 2013
3:50am

Do you know where you icons are?

LOL

If bitterness was money, the icon fairy would be a billionaire

:)

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#534741 May 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wise mentor.
The best BT. When I lost my leg, he was right next to me when I woke up.

He wasn't paid to do that. He had ideas.

He never stops having ideas. "No...we can do this better" but it's in Cantonese.

Location hidden

#534742 May 16, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I like you Skom.
I don't say that to many people on Topix.
I would name them all but I might forget one and that wouldn't be good, would it?
I went to Black Rock City last year and I think I have a ride this year. Have you ever been there?
I hear ya, lists always back-fire!

No I have never been there.

It is one of those things I always considered though just to say I did it

I am a pretty lazy person though soot of my plans end with "I should do that some day" and then that's the end of it!

LOL

Location hidden

#534743 May 16, 2013
Good Night everyone

See ya soon

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#534744 May 16, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am alone Cap'n.
I was born alone and I will die alone.
What happens inb'tween don't matter much, do it?
Sometimes you want a fan and sometimes you want a heater.
And then you die.
Ya. I sorta know the course sis...but ther's them little treasures we pick up along the way...some of 'em's priceless....y'know?

Location hidden

#534745 May 16, 2013
Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>
Does truth even exist BT?
YA! It does. The world likes ta trample it so they don't haft'a face it, but it's there if ya dig for it in the rabble.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#534746 May 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange ...I have that with animals. Butterflies even more so.
I came home once with a bamboo viper in my bag. I liked it. My favourite colour is green. My parents didn't like it. I had to let it go.

That was about the time that they sent me to Connecticut.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#534747 May 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya. I sorta know the course sis...but ther's them little treasures we pick up along the way...some of 'em's priceless....y'know?
I pick'em up as I go, Cap'n. I eat what I like and spit out the sharp pieces.

We is what we is.

Location hidden

#534748 May 16, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
The best BT. When I lost my leg, he was right next to me when I woke up.
He wasn't paid to do that. He had ideas.
He never stops having ideas. "No...we can do this better" but it's in Cantonese.
He "loves" you Alice "really" loves you. And is trying his best to teach you...but I think you already know that.

Location hidden

#534749 May 16, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I pick'em up as I go, Cap'n. I eat what I like and spit out the sharp pieces.
We is what we is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =STXF9PZkjSQXX
I'm kinda like ole' Wait...but I prolly make better presentation of it. LOL!
He tells it like it is ...
Thinking

Oxted, UK

#534750 May 16, 2013
The ~100 trillion organisms in each of our intestines say otherwise.
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I was born alone and I will die alone.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#534751 May 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
He "loves" you Alice "really" loves you. And is trying his best to teach you...but I think you already know that.
I know.

I always knew.

He makes me practice for 2 hours every day whether I like it or not. One hour on the dummy and one hour on hands.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#534753 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
The only way your theory can hold any water is if you could show that Jesus forced Peter to do anything.
If you can't, then what is written in the Bible simply shows that Jesus knew what Peter was going to do, NOT that Jesus was forcing Peter to do it.
If it could be known with certainty what would happen before it happened, it would show that the individual - Peter in this case - had no choice in the matter, but not why.

"Does God know or does He not know that a certain individual will be good or bad? If thou sayest 'He knows', then it necessarily follows that [that] man is compelled to act as God knew beforehand he would act, otherwise God's knowledge would be imperfect." - Moses Maimonides

Location hidden

#534754 May 16, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I know.
I always knew.
He makes me practice for 2 hours every day whether I like it or not. One hour on the dummy and one hour on hands.
He is teaching you discipline and rules of conduct and honor.
inherent in that is love.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#534755 May 16, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
people are free moral agents to do good or evil. If God stepped in every time someone plots evil, then that person free will have been taken away.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Not at all.

What do you think free will means? If the police stepped in to foil some "evil" plot, would the conspirators have lost their free will, or merely had its expression thwarted? Obviously, free will doesn't mean the ability to express that will.

If you study this matter a little, you'll discover that you really don't know just what you mean by free will, and have no way to determine whether it exists. For all we know, our wills are determined by neural electrochemical processes, and are in principle as predictable as eclipses.

So once again, what do you think free will means? How would you know if you had free will or not? What would it be like if your will were programmed into you? Would it still be free? Would it feel any different that it does now.
< crickets >

People who think about these thing, which you declined to do, disagree with you. You're happy just to make whatever pronouncements your priests taught you, or that you think support your guess about a particular god existing, but not to examine them beyond superficial considerations.

That is consistent with faith based thinking and reality creation. You don't want to look at it too closely, since your pronouncements might fall apart when subjected to the light of close scrutiny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 4 min Ricky F 38,317
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Steve III 641,000
Leslie Van Houten's parole hearing August 2009 (Jul '09) 16 min Steve 1,579
"Your honor, the people calls it's next...WITNE... 19 min Doctor REALITY 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 32 min AussieBobby 44,262
Mexicunn men in America r punk zza beechizz!! 35 min Johnny 14
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 40 min Just Think 104,547
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr jasiEL 969,783
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 hr Thinking 37,134
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr onemale 280,845
More from around the web