“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#534587 May 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Edit scaritual...its ironic that for all the talk of myths and comparisons to Easter bunnies and what not that its unbelievers that feel if God exists that he should function as a Genie in a lamp and just grant personal wishes by only intervening when you permit it to do what you guys approve of. Maybe that is why some left the faith? Because God wasnt their personal wish granter
I never looked at it like that.

What led to me becoming atheist was wanting to find out as much as I could about the deity.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#534588 May 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>You are in your own world or not following along. My post was in response to unbelievers asking why God doesnt intervene to stop bad things. It has absolutely nothing to do with when God Himself punishes man. If anything you are making my point stronger that for all their feigned indignation, unbelievers dont really want God intervening. Unless I suppose if it is only when they say and how they say ande for who they say
Unbelievers don't believe in a god, so how could we care whether a god intervenes or not? We just want to explore the ideas, the philosophy, the religious views of those who ARE believers. It's an intellectual exercise, it satisfies curiosity, it's entertainment, it makes people think.

What's wrong with that?
Rosa Winkel

Sydney, Australia

#534589 May 15, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it's an irrational number.
Whoever wrote the Ahmes Papyrus, around 1650 BCE, used an approximation for Pi that was around 256/81, or about 3.16.
Archimedes (287-212 BCE) calculated Pi to be a number between 223/71 and 22/7, or 3.1408 and 3.1429
Given the alleged perfection of the bible you'd have thought that the god of the bible would have done better than man.
Except, he doesn't. Check the bible and you'll see that the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter is described as being exactly three.
Do you agree that the bible is correct on this?
Hi Khatru. Can you show me exactly where the Bible says Pi = 3.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#534590 May 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you want to know? Why would the answer be important to you?
I have a curiosity about it.

But if you (and Trifecta) don't want to answer, ok, maybe somebody else will.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#534591 May 15, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> YOUR pity is the very last thing that anyone would need.
Nobody needs pity.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#534592 May 15, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Greetings >>>>>Irrira< <<<<.......nice to see you here sis, how're you this evening ( my time, noon time yours )?
Hey >>>Lawest<<< Still just blowing thru on a very blustery day... 11 am Thurs... and soon must go out.[I think.] Was trying to do some catch up, and just saw your big post now re IRS... does this surprise you? Maybe there is something about standing back that some things become more clear. A bit like an artist with a painting, and new light is seen in it which is truly applicable to its reality.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#534593 May 15, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not nice.
I'm sort of getting into the mythology, and want to hear Christians' views on it.
I have found that Christians have different views on much of it.
You can't stump people about mythical stuff, any more than you can stump them about anything that's fictional. We...oops...I think the whole Christianity thing is fiction as you know.
I have heard it said that Jesus loves everybody. So I got curious whether he would love a terrible person, a fallen angel, the enemy so to speak. So far, no answer from anybody. Why would that be?
And I definitely believe you. I mean the God whom you made certain ppl know you dont believe in and that you called nasty and a SOB suddenly is the source of genuine curiosity for you. What did you say you did again for a living? oops.....:)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#534594 May 15, 2013
Bongo wrote:
hehehehehe I never met a dumb woman. I was listening to man smart woman smarter.
Excellent song.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#534595 May 15, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
That is an easy one... it takes much effort to prove something that is real not to be real, and is done so that in the end, that which is real will be proof! God's way of proving all that is wrong to be right. No problem when seen in the Light of Truth.
maybe I should re-phrase this to read...
God's way of proving all that is 'tried to be proven wrong to be right.'
Doctor REALITY

Malvern, AR

#534596 May 15, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey >>>Lawest<<< Still just blowing thru on a very blustery day... 11 am Thurs... and soon must go out.[I think.] Was trying to do some catch up, and just saw your big post now re IRS... does this surprise you? Maybe there is something about standing back that some things become more clear. A bit like an artist with a painting, and new light is seen in it which is truly applicable to its reality.
Why are you IGNORING me, Ree Ree Mae Clampette??

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#534598 May 15, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha.
HUGE gay pride festival/parade here in Long Beach, California this coming weekend!
I won't be able to attend.

I've found a tentative ride to Burning Man this year, though.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#534599 May 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Note the contradiction between Mark and Matthew/Luke.
In reality it should read "Those who are not with us, and those not against us, probably don't give a rat's ass about us or our beliefs."
This sounds like ex president Bush...'You are either for us or against us!'
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans are but vermin on the face of the planet.
The worst thing to happen to Earth was Mankind.
They are grasshoppers!

Location hidden

#534600 May 15, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm certainly on point.
The deity interferes when it feels it has been wronged, disobeyed, or upset, and according to the story, violently, but sits idly by as children die by malaria, for instance, lives are lost due to storms famines and otick to alleviate its irritation or displeasuesn't piss me oer imagined irritant was said to be bothering them in whatevestions that seem to irritate you, are more to the point that it seems a "loving and omnibenevolent" deity would alleviate human suffering in some measure
the questions dont irritate me, stupidity does. You arent even close to on point. But like a child who insists ppl stop and pay attention to him you want to switch the conversation from why God doesnt stop bad things from happening to why God has punished mankind as told in the Bible. For an adult, those are 2 diff converations. Had we been talking about the other subject I would have been fine with it. But we were not
Doctor REALITY

Malvern, AR

#534601 May 15, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe I should re-phrase this to read...
God's way of proving all that is 'tried to be proven wrong to be right.'
You can't IGNORE me, Ree Ree Mae. I'm like a big juicy red wart on your nose!!! Don't IGNORE me!!!: http://dzp6x8n7t89an.cloudfront.net/catalog/p...

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#534602 May 15, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you IGNORING me, Ree Ree Mae Clampette??
How could I ignore you if you just turned up now? I never do on purpose you know that. Just keepin' it real between times that all.
How are you?

Fennario

#534603 May 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I understand what you're saying but it seems a bit pessimistic, no?
Yes, it is. Sorry. That's what I see.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Besides, what's the alternative? Move to Mexico like you did? No thanks.
Your alternative appear to be to fight it, accept it, or leave it.

I think fighting is in vain.

I chose not to accept it for a variety of reasons that might not pertain to you. Perhaps staying put would be better for you. America might not be too bad if you're conservative. You might get what you want, although if you do, I'll bet you won't want it after you get it.

And if you choose to leave, Mexico is only one option. I'm well satisfied with it, but you might not be.

I hear that Ecuador, Thailand and Chile are decent places to live as well, although I have no first hand knowledge. I've also heard good things about Belize and Costa Rica. Europe is pricier than any of these.

Fennario

#534605 May 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You're good to post to, IANS. When you're not being a douchey bigot.
Ditto. I appreciate your good nature lately.

Location hidden

#534606 May 15, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Keep waiting.
Why would she get involved? The Dimwit has begged for the insults. He has done everything in his power to start them and perpetuate them. He works overtime to keep them coming.
Did he not see what happened between me and G_O_ng about his head up his girlfriend's ass. That was contrition enough for me, wasn't it? On that basis of that alone, and nothing else at all, I chose to bury the hatchee tiniest hint of contrition, he has actually escalated his offensive.
How should I deal with that? And why should Happy Lesbo object?
Nobody needs to feel sorry for that piece of garbage. He deserves every single word of abuse he gets.
LoL...ppl know you are losing...and badly Taint. His point was HLs hypocrisy not that I need the guy i am making as ass out of to take it easy on me! just tell me if now "doctor" if you understand prolonged opiate use leads to Physical Addiction?
Doctor REALITY

Malvern, AR

#534607 May 15, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
How could I ignore you if you just turned up now? I never do on purpose you know that. Just keepin' it real between times that all.
How are you?
Fine. http://dzp6x8n7t89an.cloudfront.net/catalog/p...
Doctor REALITY

Malvern, AR

#534608 May 15, 2013
Bye,Ree Ree.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min BenAdam 810,008
Will Atheism defeat religion by year 2038? 7 min Aiesha 18
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Seentheotherside 574,167
Shoud PDA's be allowed in school (Mar '08) 30 min Jennette 107
Whatsapp group Hot n Sexy for guys and girls 43 min sajan 51
God made hell for homsexuals....and others!! 45 min Topics is Corrupt 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 53 min Seentheotherside 39,622
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr RADEKT 268,931
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 4 hr Coolsa 205
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 8 hr sall 163
More from around the web