Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#534549 May 15, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>What do you think? since you believe Satan and Jesus are myths, use your imagination and answer your own question.
Besides if you answer Ians will claim Catcher wasnt asking you even hypothetically! LOL It does get silly after a while though. I would be more surprised at how interested people that dont believe in God are about our opinions about things they dont think exist. Of course nobody would ever be honest enough to admit the entire motivation is hoping to stump someone cus I guess that would give them satisfaction somehow if a believer wasnt capable of answering every theological question ever posed. So we are left with people feigning curiosity about something they shouldnt care about. I amswer selectively and normally if I think it may bridge a gap if ppl understand where a believer might be coming from. But normally most questions are just part of the Topix game

Location hidden

#534550 May 15, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you're saying is when the deity decides to flood the entire world because it is wicked and such, that's great that it intervened and why wouldn't it?
Mankind displeased the deity and due to that displeasure it caused the deity, it had to stop and they deserved to die.
But, hey, holocausts, despots, diseases, starvation, natural disasters and all other things that kill or affect man in a negative way are okay, or they must be, since the deity made it clear that what gets action is when the deity is displeased.
Mankind suffers
You are in your own world or not following along. My post was in response to unbelievers asking why God doesnt intervene to stop bad things. It has absolutely nothing to do with when God Himself punishes man. If anything you are making my point stronger that for all their feigned indignation, unbelievers dont really want God intervening. Unless I suppose if it is only when they say and how they say ande for who they say

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#534551 May 15, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the kind of love that I'm showing the Dimwit these days - the same kind that the Christians show you.
Christian love is a beautiful thing, isn't it? We are told that Jesus teaches love, and we get to see what that means - what kind of love he is teaching them - right here on Topix.
Where is that Dimwit? I'm wearing my tough love shoes - steel toed boots.
"I love you, but I'm going to demonize you and call you an abomination, evil, immoral, wrong, and so on....but I love you."

Location hidden

#534552 May 15, 2013
Edit scaritual...its ironic that for all the talk of myths and comparisons to Easter bunnies and what not that its unbelievers that feel if God exists that he should function as a Genie in a lamp and just grant personal wishes by only intervening when you permit it to do what you guys approve of. Maybe that is why some left the faith? Because God wasnt their personal wish granter

Montreal

#534553 May 15, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
God does not send people to hell for food or fabric reasons~ Loving someone of the same sex does not mean you have to have sexual relations- He does say that THAT is a sin.... As the person is choosing sexual satisfaction as their 'god'-
It's in the SAME PART of the bible you are referring to in order to hate gay people. It says to eat shellfish, to even touch pork, to wear mixed fabrics, is JUST as bad as being gay.

WHERE does it name homosexuality as a sin?
Where does it SPECIFICALLY say "homosexuality is a sin"?

Without an answer to these questions, you will have proven yourself a liar, and that's against one of your precious ten commandments.

Montreal

#534554 May 15, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Lacez, yer an idjut..........
What are you, a grade-schooler?

Location hidden

#534555 May 15, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you believe Satan and Jesus are real, you should be able to answer the question:
Does Jesus love Satan?
Why is it that you refuse to answer?
How about others here?
Why do you want to know? Why would the answer be important to you?

Montreal

#534556 May 15, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> You wouldn't know foolish until you go back and examine your life and read your own posts, and even then it'll likely take God to open your mind so that you may see yourself manifested.
I pity you, you suffer from the most horrible delusions.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#534558 May 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Besides if you answer Ians will claim Catcher wasnt asking you even hypothetically! LOL It does get silly after a while though. I would be more surprised at how interested people that dont believe in God are about our opinions about things they dont think exist. Of course nobody would ever be honest enough to admit the entire motivation is hoping to stump someone cus I guess that would give them satisfaction somehow if a believer wasnt capable of answering every theological question ever posed. So we are left with people feigning curiosity about something they shouldnt care about. I amswer selectively and normally if I think it may bridge a gap if ppl understand where a believer might be coming from. But normally most questions are just part of the Topix game
I think you right, and I repeat myself so much time I now quite selective as well what writings I respond to. Maybe that why they ask different Christians the same questions, to see if they can stump one or the other.

But they so far behind. Because they using the laws of physics reason and logic of human beings and try and apply that to YHWH Almighty, who exist Independent and outside of the human logic reason and laws of nature.

I think we getting to the...or possibly we there already. the point at which faith and reason are at a standstill and faith have to move on. Because reason can only take the mind and conscience so far, then no further. They can't go any further. so as you is just topix game now and one big repetitive circle.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#534561 May 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Skombolis wrote:
You are wrong.
<quoted text>
I am Spartacus.
I am Spartacus.

Location hidden

#534562 May 15, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Would we know we were "mindless robots', as you put it, if no one had free will?
What would >we< be missing, if there was nothing there to miss?
Yeah we would probably not be aware it happened. But since right now you can think and act for yourself, is that something you would want? You are capable of considering it now since your mind is free. would the tradeoff be worth it? Would you prefer to be a mindless robot? The question isnt could God do it or would we know after but rather would it be worth taking all the real meaning and individuality and personalities that makes us unique out of life? What would be the point? Dont you prefer to be able to make your own choices?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#534563 May 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way your theory can hold any water is if you could show that Jesus forced Peter to do anything.
If you can't, then what is written in the Bible simply shows that Jesus knew what Peter was going to do, NOT that Jesus was forcing Peter to do it.
"But the prophet who shall speak a word presumptuously in My name which I have not commanded him to speak, or which he shall speak in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die. And you may say in your heart,“How shall we know the word which the Lord has not spoken?”...

...When a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the thing does not come about or come true, that is the thing which the Lord has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him (Deuteronomy 18:20-22).

It means it had to happen just as foretold or prophesied.

On the other hand, there were things the Jesus said, and the story says he was put to death. Those things haven't happened. The fact that the Jesus was killed before complete fulfillment of messianic prophecy is a proof in and of itself the Jesus was a false "Messiah".

I know, I know, I know...."second coming".

All of the tasks to be done by "Messiah" were to be completed during the lifetime of that person. Once revealed. While here. First time. One time. Only time. There was no "second coming" involved according to OT messianic prophecy.

Christians cite other portions of the OT with tortured, massaged and tweaked interpretations as Messianic prophecies. Just because Christianity claims this as prophecy doesn't make them OT Messianic prophecies. No matter how vehemently Christians may claim them to be.

No one really likes discussing that.

So, yeah, back to the story of Peter and denial, according to the Yahweh! words, once the Jesus! said it would happen a certain way, it had to happen just as he said.

Peter had no freewill in that instance.

Location hidden

#534564 May 15, 2013
Edit Scaritual...put it this way. What if someone were to come up behind you and shoot you in the head? You would just be dead. You wouldnt know you were dead or that someone took everything of meaning from you. Would that be all right since you wouldnt know it happened?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#534566 May 15, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I pity you, you suffer from the most horrible delusions.
YOUR pity is the very last thing that anyone would need.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#534567 May 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Bullshit. Love has so many different meanings and so many different ways of showing 'itself' to so many different people.
But the point wasn't that, it was that you cannot show veritable, testable evidence when you feel love.
But, we....

We're talking about the deity hypothesis, or "gods".
RiversideRedneck wrote:
In turn, one cannot show veritable, testable evidence when you feel God.
This'll piss you off, cause it's one of your pet peeves.

Which god?

You dislike that question, but you assume that yours is the only one(yes?), Hindus have their deity concepts, etc...

That's why I say it must be convincing to both theists and non theists, and here's why.

As it stands, at this moment, your deity belief is no different than any other deity belief, what suffices to you as evidence, also works on the Hindu, Animist, and all other deity belief variations in more or less general terms.

So, while you or the Hindu may feel that you each worship the "real god(S)", due to whatever reason, if the evidence is to cause someone to believe differently or change deity belief completely, then it has to rely on real evidence. Evidence that is evidence to every person that sees it. To all flavors of theists and nontheists alike.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I never said that God touching me 'caused' me to believe in Him. If I didn't believe in Him, I wouldn't have been praying to Him.
I said that it reaffirmed my faith in Him and established Him as a fact, at least to me.
So says the Hindu, too....~/

Location hidden

#534568 May 15, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am Spartacus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =xdm0TaQUU-QXX
"This is Sparta!".....~movie quote from the movie "300"...prob a youtube clip but cant copy it but its pretty cool:)

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#534569 May 15, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post!
So everytime a prophecy is made, freewill goes out the window.
I'll remember that.
You will remember that...
...when you stump your big toe so very sore you will first curse, and then you will remember that this was prophesied just a few days before this happened to you. Your free-will will go right out the window too as you will have no power to stop it from happening. You will remember your curse too... the one you uttered when it happened...
...that too will go against your beliefs.
Sorry... but...
Take Care

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#534570 May 15, 2013
high end wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh what the heck!
Let's blame it all on Eve.
The days of a man being a mouse when passing the blame onto his woman, rather than being man enough to admit straight out that he too was guilty when it takes 2 to tango... has come to an end. When Jesus came along he forgave. Only his disciples were against the fact that he was close to one who became his true follower.
One who he claimed that “wherever this good news would be taught throughout the whole world, what she did would be spoken of for a memorial of her.” One he relied on to tell them all that he was alive, rose from the dead, and to go tell the others that he was going to her Father and his Father, to her God and his God.” and 'that eve' took the blame for all men... who used and abused her... except Jesus. She became his most faithful disciple.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#534571 May 15, 2013
high end wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah...The bible god created evil. He even said so.
Ja, you are right.
Isaiah 45
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#534572 May 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>You are in your own world or not following along. My post was in response to unbelievers asking why God doesnt intervene to stop bad things. It has absolutely nothing to do with when God Himself punishes man. If anything you are making my point stronger that for all their feigned indignation, unbelievers dont really want God intervening. Unless I suppose if it is only when they say and how they say ande for who they say
Atheists don't believe in gods, Skom.

None of them. Not one.

Don't get too caught up in hypothetical syllogism.

God hates sin.
All women are sinners.
God hates all women.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 26 min Rover Tom 987,149
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 48 min guest 687,171
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr LAWEST100 184,840
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Mnbvc 30,701
Anthony Bragg 2 hr Oic yes 28
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Anonymous 286,539
Clinton Foundation Scandals 5 hr Hiddn Numbrz 2
More from around the web