Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#534466 May 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Is the point of all this just to argue or is it to try and sway people's attitudes and/or opinions?
Both. I make arguments to sway attitudes and opinions.

But that's only part of the point of all of this. I already provided a list of reasons for unbelievers to be here. Do you need to see it again?

REASONS FOR UNBELIEVERS TO POST ON TOPIX ATHEIST THREADS

[1] Learn from one another. This is atheist school, and we have many gifted atheist posters here.
[2] Sway any possible uncommitted lurkers or future readers.
[3] Practice formulating better and more cogent arguments.
[4] Practice writing skills.
[5] Tap the aquarium glass. Learn by observing the ecosystem of theists that parade through a thread.
[6] Fellowship with other atheists. There haven’t been too many venues for this in the past.
[7] Entertainment - it's fun.
[8] It's the right thing to do.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#534467 May 15, 2013
high end wrote:
<quoted text>
Zeus is Yhwh.
You betta repent.
so much much Christian you think believe that???

Start a billboard and title it zeus is yhw and see how much Christian run come write that zeus is a myth.

You know is because atheists believe the Christian God real that why they write so much against Him.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#534468 May 15, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
That right. You wanted to keep guns legal and drugs illegal.
<quoted text>
I see it another way, but we don't really need to rehash this.
My alternate constitution was a blueprint for a better country. I don't expect Americans to be able to do any of those things. The value of the exercise was in recognizing the problems. I certainly don't expect it to give up its guns, for example.
The practical value there is to focus on adapting to what America is. Continually thinking that you can fix these problems by voting for the right candidate is naive and maladaptive. Your kids won't have it as well as you did, nor their kids as well as them. Expect erosion of your wealth and your rights to continue.
If that's OK, you're in like flint. Just sit tight.
I understand what you're saying but it seems a bit pessimistic, no?

Besides, what's the alternative? Move to Mexico like you did? No thanks.
high end

Upper Darby, PA

#534469 May 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT?
The bible's the bestest thing what ever happened since the sears&robuck catalog!---bar none!
LOL

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#534470 May 15, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Anniej
Serah didn't post it as imagination, it looks as though it was stated as fact.
When you believe in a GOD, why would something else be necessary?
I reread my post...I did not call it one's imagination...one believes whatever appears to them to be real. Maybe that reality is from the need to believe it is real...I can't speak to that when it comes to someone else.

Again...from my recollection...

From Biblical teaching...nothing else is needed but relying on God. It tells you often that God is all you need.

Again Mike...if believing that one is still connected to a loved one...does that harm anyone? Life is sometimes pretty tough...if "speaking" to a loved one makes it easier and brings comfort...then who are we to question that? All within reason of course...

Maybe someone can justify it biblically but I can't find any scripture that does...maybe I am just not looking in the right places.
high end

Upper Darby, PA

#534471 May 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, Gay-braille Press is who.
Even them folks what cain't see kin joy in it!
LMAO...you're on a roll.

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#534472 May 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey
I have been enjoying our exchanges, you ask interesting questions
On my phone I can't separate paragraphs or quotes or copy and paste and I am walking out the door for work. But I am only working a half day. When I get back I will come back to this as there is too many worthwhile points to address and I need time to do it.
Talk to ya soon
(T) Peace
Thanks

This is a fast-moving thread and I really struggle to keep up with all the posts. It's 8:45 pm over here and next time I log on in about 22 hours time, there'll be pages of posts to go through.

I try not miss any but I'm sure I do.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534473 May 15, 2013

You wouldn't want me categorize the whole church based on a few anecdotes from you, would you? You used to be against that kind of thing.
No, of course not. You stereotype churches based on your own anecdotes.
You mean your assumption.
Yes IANS, that's right. I meant to say that your opinion is based on my assumption.

O_o

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534474 May 15, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard that Jesus chose peter. Is that true? It is a choice, right?
D'oH!

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#534475 May 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You gotta get past the OT and really dig into the NT in order to understand Christianity.
If you did, you wouldn't ask questions like "Why can't he inform his followers to love people of other religions?", which Jesus clearly instructed us when he said to love your neighbor as you love yourself.
I know that Christians tend to distance themselves from the OT and its horrors.

Maybe one day, they'll go the whole hog and divorce themselves from it entirely and just work with the NT.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534476 May 15, 2013
RR "Do I need to assume your generalizing or do I need to assume your speaking about me personally? If you can't be clear, don't blame me for it."
<quoted text>
Yeah, I can blame you for that. You're deliberately being dead weight.
But I don't mind. Some people would consider a discussion like this one a waste of time, but I enjoy it and think I learn from it. You people are very interesting.
Who else can I interact with in detail for months about these kinds of issues in this manner? Nobody, that's who. No meat space relationship could survive this type of discussion long enough for the things I see here to emerge.
You guys are my best look at the Christian mind up close and in detail. I see you react to thousands of comments. I see what kinds of answers you give, and how you respond. You (collective) are where my many of my insights on this topic come from.
Um....

Was that an answer?!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534477 May 15, 2013
high end wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
I'm gettin there myself.
I'm starting to get that horseshoe pattern.
Eh, don't worry about it.

You spend less money on hair care products and chicks dig it.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534478 May 15, 2013
high end wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah...The bible god created evil. He even said so.
What? No it doesn't. Does Genesis mention God creating darkness? No, darkness already existed before God created light, darkness is just the absence of light.

That pattern repeats itself in the world, for example: Cold is not "something", it is a lack of heat, dryness is simply the absence of wetness, and ignorance is the lack of knowledge.

Don't believe me? Say that knowledge is the lack of ignorance and listen how silly that sounds.

Evil is the absence of the good things that originate from God, such as: love, holiness, unity, truth, harmony, health, peace, life, pleasure, faith, order, etc... in the absence of these "things" you have: hate, unholiness, disunity, fallacy, disharmony, sickness, war, death, pain, fear, disorder, etc... which all fall under the category of evil.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534479 May 15, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>But wait...iyai!!, you is another one.
Why that matter to you??
Does Apollo love Venus??
Does Cat Woman love Thor??
If they myth why you care eh?
No dude, Catwoman loves Batman. Duu uh

Lol

You should start a "Why Should Thor Love Me?" thread just to watch it dwindle into obscurity.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#534480 May 15, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi
You're one of those believers who look for literal truths rather than those hidden abstract truths that other believers seek?
According to Job, the devil was in Heaven when God called him there. That certainly looks like sin in Heaven to me.
(((((Khatu)))))) literal and abstract ~
The OT is what it is- a recorded history upto a certain time-
All of the hate generated in the world is due to people who are in pain and that feel loss of something.... even if they can't figure out that THAT is why they are antagonistic- the human condition is well studied and we can know why people do what they do. I am not a scholar - just some one going through life with what I feel in my heart and soul to be true- Just passing through and hoping to do more good than harm on my shift.

My hopes are to be in the right place at the right time to offer hope of a better mood---which will carry them out of anger and despondance. I have seen God's use of people- and have received and given~ I can not deny what I have lived by first person witness.
high end

Upper Darby, PA

#534481 May 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh huh...
So if I were to tell you that you will respond to this post and you do, that means you didn't have free will to do so?
Only if you were Jesus saying so.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534482 May 15, 2013

Both. I make arguments to sway attitudes and opinions.
But that's only part of the point of all of this. I already provided a list of reasons for unbelievers to be here. Do you need to see it again?
REASONS FOR UNBELIEVERS TO POST ON TOPIX ATHEIST THREADS
[1] Learn from one another. This is atheist school, and we have many gifted atheist posters here.
[2] Sway any possible uncommitted lurkers or future readers.
[3] Practice formulating better and more cogent arguments.
[4] Practice writing skills.
[5] Tap the aquarium glass. Learn by observing the ecosystem of theists that parade through a thread.
[6] Fellowship with other atheists. There haven’t been too many venues for this in the past.
[7] Entertainment - it's fun.
[8] It's the right thing to do.
1. Atheist school? Naw, but it CAN be educational.
2. Agree.
3. Agree.
4. Agree.
5. Naw. Should be "Learn by observing the ecosystem of people...."
6. Fellowship only with atheists? That's pretty closed minded.
7. Agree.
8. From my perspective - agree.

You're good to post to, IANS. When you're not being a douchey bigot.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#534483 May 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No dude, Catwoman loves Batman. Duu uh
Lol
You should start a "Why Should Thor Love Me?" thread just to watch it dwindle into obscurity.
Someone should do that and just see LOL. But what is Batman's relationship with Robin??? hmmm

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#534484 May 15, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Morning.....Oh Wait....It is 1:30 in the afternoon....LOL
“All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.”
~ Thomas Jefferson
Thought for the Day
Late night?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534485 May 15, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that Christians tend to distance themselves from the OT and its horrors.
Maybe one day, they'll go the whole hog and divorce themselves from it entirely and just work with the NT.
Absolutely not. The bible, the whole bible, is needed, IMO.

The OT has "horrors", but they're meant to be used as an a ample of what not to do, generally.

I know atheists love the OT, for it's "horrors". They also love the KJV version. It's a medieval translation made for medieval minds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min Tellthetruth 989,820
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 19 min NotSoDivineMsM 42,437
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 31 min bietxcpl4cpls 547
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 42 min hojo 690,577
servpro sucks (Apr '08) 52 min Susan 37
Do white girls really love filipino men? In wha... (Apr '14) 1 hr Paul McCartney is... 10
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 1 hr Johnny 636
More from around the web