Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
You are not capable of hurting my feelings Tide
Okay.
Skombolis wrote:
I just think it is pathetic you will continue to sacrifice your ethics and make a fool out of yourself because of your puppy-dog infatuations with IANS
I think it's pathetic that you have to make shit up.

What you accuse me of, sacrificing my ethics, I did not do. I do not have an infatuation with IANS. These are your beliefs that help you make sense of my behavior. They are not actually true.

Whether it's pathetic or not, at least you are making this shit up. That's something that I can know, because I know me, I know what I do, and how I feel about things. You could not possibly know better than me about that.
Skombolis wrote:
You just got done saying the links i posted do NOT contradict what you have been saying. So why would you want to do this?
"I can post just as many links as you did that contradict those you posted"
You want to find posts that contradict the posts that you claim you are in agreement with?
My point is, if you are appealing to authority, I can do the same to contradict you. It is important to find out who or what the best authority is. I think IANS is a good authority concerning medicine. I know enough about science to evaluate authorities, even if I am not an authority myself.

I also said that I wouldn't need to, because the majority of the links you posted aligned with my understanding, apart from the semantic issues.
Skombolis wrote:
This is what I mean. You are so immature and think goofy tactics like side-tracking the conversation as to whether you personally think the word addiction is outdated, which has nothing to do with the conversation, are actually effective
This time, the semantic aspect is important.
Skombolis wrote:
You don't know what you are talking about. It is obvious. And it obvious why you jumped in a conversation over your head and outside your scope of knowledge. Like I have been saying for a year, just have sex with him and get it over with.
I'm not going to jump in the gutter with you.
Skombolis wrote:
But I am not going to waste any more time enabling you to resolve your daddy-issues. I get it, Ians is very important to you. You will argue any stupid point on his behalf. Just like your argued him saying Christians don't need to feel bad about who they hurt because they can ask the sky for forgiveness wasn't him making a moral judgement about Christians and the guy comes out later admitting he is condemning the morality of Christians
I am done trying to treat you like an adult capable of being his own man and capable of objective, rationale conversations.
LOL

You fizzled right out.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not capable of hurting my feelings Tide
I just think it is pathetic you will continue to sacrifice your ethics and make a fool out of yourself because of your puppy-dog infatuations with IANS
You just got done saying the links i posted do NOT contradict what you have been saying. So why would you want to do this?
"I can post just as many links as you did that contradict those you posted"
You want to find posts that contradict the posts that you claim you are in agreement with?
This is what I mean. You are so immature and think goofy tactics like side-tracking the conversation as to whether you personally think the word addiction is outdated, which has nothing to do with the conversation, are actually effective
You don't know what you are talking about. It is obvious. And it obvious why you jumped in a conversation over your head and outside your scope of knowledge. Like I have been saying for a year, just have sex with him and get it over with. But I am not going to waste any more time enabling you to resolve your daddy-issues. I get it, Ians is very important to you. You will argue any stupid point on his behalf. Just like your argued him saying Christians don't need to feel bad about who they hurt because they can ask the sky for forgiveness wasn't him making a moral judgement about Christians and the guy comes out later admitting he is condemning the morality of Christians
I am done trying to treat you like an adult capable of being his own man and capable of objective, rationale conversations.
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>

You don't know what you are talking about. It is obvious. And it obvious why you jumped in a conversation over your head and outside your scope of knowledge. Like I have been saying for a year, just have sex with him and get it over with. But I am not going to waste any more time enabling you to resolve your daddy-issues. I get it, Ians is very important to you. You will argue any stupid point on his behalf. Just like your argued him saying Christians don't need to feel bad about who they hurt because they can ask the sky for forgiveness wasn't him making a moral judgement about Christians and the guy comes out later admitting he is condemning the morality of Christians
That's not fair, Skom.

I've been posting with Tide for quite a while and, in my opinion, his thoughts are his own. I'm pretty sure that he doesn't want to have sex with IANS and I don't know anything about his Daddy. You can't really blame somebody for agreeing with like minded posters, can you? Not on this thread.

Debates are good. Tide is good at it. Sometimes he makes my brain itch.

Just sayin

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I still haven't eaten.
I must be addicted to Topix.
Nah

You are just addicted to swinging from Ians jock

You must have a very strong grip and very tiny fingers

~snicker

I would have actually considered addressing the rest of the post if it wasn't for the fact that once again your need to please Ians controls you. You literally couldn't even talk about a different subject without first making sure it began with your desperate need for his approval. Were you afraid Ians might perceive a different exchange with me as disloyal so you had to include a completely unrelated sarcastic remark to make sure he knows where you stand? What is wrong with you?

Be honest, what would you do if Ians stopped considering you one of his most fervent supporters?

Tell ya what, if that ever happens I don't want to be responsible for you doing harm to yourself. I will help you win him back. Get a boombox and play this song for him while kneeling outside his window

YOU ARE MY EVERYTHING
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

You can tell yourself whatever you want. You jumped into a conversation defending IAns for claiming opiate addiction isn't physical. Its a stupid and ignorant claim yet one you have been trying to argue on his behalf now for half the night. Just as stupid as arguing he making a judgment on Christian morals.

You were the one that interjected the insults and disrespect and since we had a good conversation yesterday, do you really think the reason isn't obvious? My post criticized IANS and you came running, guns a blazing.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
I openly admitted my drug history on a public site. You really think I would do so if I couldn't handle comments about it?
I don't know.

First I was inconsiderate, then I felt bad about it. I learned that I couldn't justify using something like drug addiction as an insult, so now I won't do that anymore.
Skombolis wrote:
You are projecting your own insecurities on to me.
Which time, when I was being inconsiderate at first, or later when I was more considerate?
Skombolis wrote:
I am big boy Tide. I don't need to look up to other men on the Internet and I don't need my feelings protected from anonymous strangers.
So do you want me to insult you more? How can I better serve your needs?

It wasn't about you, it was about me, but not my own insecurities. I learned that I can't insult a person for being an addict without feeling bad about it.
Skombolis wrote:
There is nothing I said that would even remotely suggest you hurt my feelings.
My intention was to convey that sometimes I am not as considerate to the possibility that I might hurt your feelings.
Skombolis wrote:
I simply pointed out your inability to have a reciprocal, respectful exchange because your ethics will always take a back-seat to your need for Ians approval
You've never pointed that out. You sure think you did.
Skombolis wrote:
I gave you quite a few chances to show you were capable of interacting as your own man.
Really?

This is called anti social behavior, Skom. You are not someone I care about impressing. I don't care if I live up to what you think a man is.
Skombolis wrote:
I have repeatedly shown me that you are not.
That's correct, you have shown YOU that I'm not my own man. You also believe you'll live forever in an afterlife retreat for good boys and girls who had the good fortune to stumble into the ONE TRUE RELIGION!
Skombolis wrote:
Setting rules for further interactions won't be necessary. I doubt we will be having many. And if you want to lower the bar I think you will find you will do as well as you did last time. But I don't plan on looking to converse with you so I doubt it will be an issue unless you come looking in my direction
Lower the bar?

You don't support your claims that come in the form of personal attacks. You try to use shame as a manipulative tool to coerce others to see your side of an argument. That doesn't fly with me.

I disagree with you when I think you are wrong. I agree with IANS when I think he is right. Of course two rational skeptics come to the same conclusions on most things. We're using the same methodology to evaluate information. That's the big WHY you've been attempting to make sense of.

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
Nah
You are just addicted to swinging from Ians jock
You must have a very strong grip and very tiny fingers
~snicker

I would have actually considered addressing the rest of the post if it wasn't for the fact that once again your need to please Ians controls you. You literally couldn't even talk about a different subject without first making sure it began with your desperate need for his approval. Were you afraid Ians might perceive a different exchange with me as disloyal so you had to include a completely unrelated sarcastic remark to make sure he knows where you stand? What is wrong with you?
Be honest, what would you do if Ians stopped considering you one of his most fervent supporters?
Tell ya what, if that ever happens I don't want to be responsible for you doing harm to yourself. I will help you win him back. Get a boombox and play this song for him while kneeling outside his window
YOU ARE MY EVERYTHING
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
You can tell yourself whatever you want. You jumped into a conversation defending IAns for claiming opiate addiction isn't physical. Its a stupid and ignorant claim yet one you have been trying to argue on his behalf now for half the night. Just as stupid as arguing he making a judgment on Christian morals.
You were the one that interjected the insults and disrespect and since we had a good conversation yesterday, do you really think the reason isn't obvious? My post criticized IANS and you came running, guns a blazing.
The only thing you were correct about in this post was that I insulted you.

This is exactly where you want this conversation. You want to dive into the gutter and stay there, but I do not.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
That's not fair, Skom.
I've been posting with Tide for quite a while and, in my opinion, his thoughts are his own. I'm pretty sure that he doesn't want to have sex with IANS and I don't know anything about his Daddy. You can't really blame somebody for agreeing with like minded posters, can you? Not on this thread.
Just sayin
I have to disagree my friend, at least when the subject involves IANs. Tide has consistently made absurbd arguments defying common sense because he is so vested in protecting Ians

Tide claimed it wouldn't be a bigoted comment if someone said "gay people don't need to care if they give each other aids during buttplay so long as they don't get caught legally" He literally tried to say someone can't know the intent of the person who said it and only someone prone to being offended might perceive it as bigoted but that interpretation is on them. Nobody with any shred of honesty could look at a comment like that and deny it is bigoted

But he made that argument so he could claim Ians saying "Christians don't need to feel bad about who they hurt because they can just ask the sky for forgiveness" was not Ians making a judgement about the morality of Christians. It was simply Ians showing someone technically isn't required to make amends to receive forgiveness under Christian doctrine. Anybody with any common sense can see the statement was not only an insult but was an implication that Christians do this and a negative judgement on their morality. In fact Ians even admitted at a later date he condemns Christian morality.

Is Tide in general someone capable of having his own thoughts and arguing his own positions based on what he believes and not taking a stupid argument just because the person he is trying to defend has taken a stupid argument? Sure. But when it comes to Ians he is not. Tide and i had a good exchange yesterday where I went out of my way to keep it respectful even as he put in less effort than I did. but regardless, it was left in a good place. Now today he comes running in to defend against my posts to Ians with insults about my drug use and other negative comments even while i was still being respectful and he wants to claim his participation wasn't motivated over Ians? Its obvious to me it is and he has repeated this pattern as long as I have known him.

I understand posters of like-minds will agree on things. No way Tide gets into a conversation though trying to oppose my view based on proven facts that opiate addiction caused physical addiction if it didn't involve Ians. Today was a case about like-minds. It was a case about wanting Ians approval as always

Just how i see it anyway. But I do admit this isn't aa universal thing and most of the time he can speak for himself for his own reasons. But no point in belaboring the obvious, you know what situations I think he can't do that in. But if you don't agree, i have no problem agreeing to disagree

(T) Peace

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing you were correct about in this post was that I insulted you.
This is exactly where you want this conversation. You want to dive into the gutter and stay there, but I do not.
Not true

I was respectful with you yesterday

I was civil and respectful with you today

You were unable to do the same because you were too emotionally invested because it involved Ians

This pattern has repeated itself ad ad nauseum

Dent it all you wish, I know others can see it

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

_-Alice-_ wrote:
That's not fair, Skom.
Just sayin
Didn't I tell you that I work with my dad sometimes? We've been working on a kitchen remodel for about the last two weeks.

The cabinets were made in China. They cost like $1 each. No, but they were very affordable.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>

It wasn't about you, it was about me, but not my own insecurities. I learned that I can't insult a person for being an addict without feeling bad about it.
You learned that between posts?

Wow, you are a quick learner

I think you simply realized how obvious it was that you went there for no reason (other than the blatantly obvious one) and attempted to do damage control

Ask yourself why it is you did go there when I hadn't disrespected you at all

You get very emotional, defensive, and insulting when you are rushing to Ians defense. Maybe you just can't see it. maybe you don't want to see it. Or maybe you just don't want others to see it.

Whatever the case may be, it is plain as day. You have done this over and over again. It is like dealing with two different posters. No matter how things were left prior, if it is someone going after Ians, you get mighty worked up. But tell yourself it is just a coincidence that for no reason you go on the attack any time the subject being discussed also includes someone going after Ians. Hey, that you believe it is what matters

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't I tell you that I work with my dad sometimes? We've been working on a kitchen remodel for about the last two weeks.
The cabinets were made in China. They cost like $1 each. No, but they were very affordable.
Hey !!!

A fake River Tam photobomb.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpk8u2wATQ1...

That's not right.

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
I have to disagree my friend, at least when the subject involves IANs. Tide has consistently made absurbd arguments defying common sense because he is so vested in protecting Ians
Tide claimed it wouldn't be a bigoted comment if someone said "gay people don't need to care if they give each other aids during buttplay so long as they don't get caught legally"
They don't need to care even if they do get caught. Not only is that not bigotry, it doesn't relate to what IANS said, so it couldn't support your case even if it was bigotry. Analogies must relate across the mechanisms that you are trying to relate. Homosexuality is not an ideology.
Skombolis wrote:
He literally tried to say someone can't know the intent of the person who said it and only someone prone to being offended might perceive it as bigoted but that interpretation is on them. Nobody with any shred of honesty could look at a comment like that and deny it is bigoted
I denied that it was bigoted, because ...da-da da-da... it wasn't bigoted.
Skombolis wrote:
But he made that argument so he could claim Ians saying "Christians don't need to feel bad about who they hurt because they can just ask the sky for forgiveness" was not Ians making a judgement about the morality of Christians.
No, that is incorrect. I acknowledge that IANS was making a judgement about the morality of Christians. He just wasn't judging the morality of all Christians. It would be more accurate to say, and would be my preference to say, that he was judging Christian morality, as set forth by the Bible, and attempting to demonstrate that indeed, many Christians follow the morality set forth by the Bible. None of that comes anywhere close to bigotry.
Skombolis wrote:
It was simply Ians showing someone technically isn't required to make amends to receive forgiveness under Christian doctrine. Anybody with any common sense can see the statement was not only an insult but was an implication that Christians do this and a negative judgement on their morality. In fact Ians even admitted at a later date he condemns Christian morality.
So what? None of that is bigotry. I agree that many many Christians do all sorts of unethical things without ever making amends specifically because they have the belief that it isn't all that important, since it won't jeopardize their trip to Heaven.

I also condemn much of Christian morality. I can't follow my ethics and not do that.
Skombolis wrote:
Is Tide in general someone capable of having his own thoughts and arguing his own positions based on what he believes and not taking a stupid argument just because the person he is trying to defend has taken a stupid argument? Sure. But when it comes to Ians he is not.
I understand why you think that. It's a fallacious conclusion though. Now I won't be able to agree with IANS without you believing what you want to believe about my motivations. That's a trap. You're also irrevocably convinced of it. There is no evidence or argument that I could present to dissuade you from this, I'm sorry to say, very delusional belief.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the people who do exist are to blame.
Logic fails you. Quick one. In 2005 after hurricane Katrina hit the gulf coast damage was done from New Orleans to Tallahassee. It was one of the biggest hurricanes the nation has ever seen. A church here was on the ground in New Orleans within a few days of the levees failing helping. But yea, blame the nearest Christian for it. Lol.

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good point Bro, that is the case with nearly all of them, why go to such lengths to try and disprove something that you don't believe in, anyone who is contented in their disbelief would not waste their time here, crazy.
Peace.
Indeed. I first heard of the flying spaghetti monster a few years ago. Its means nothing to me and this is the first time I've ever posted about it to make the same point. Why do I care? I don't. Only one has any power bro. God's love.

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
Tide and i had a good exchange yesterday where I went out of my way to keep it respectful even as he put in less effort than I did. but regardless, it was left in a good place. Now today he comes running in to defend against my posts to Ians with insults about my drug use and other negative comments even while i was still being respectful and he wants to claim his participation wasn't motivated over Ians?
You have no idea how much effort I put in. You can only evaluate the output. But regardless, I jumped into a conversation that I was interested in, and that I am knowledgeable about. I agreed with what IANS said because I agreed with what he said. The opinions I expressed tonight existed several years prior to me even joining topix.
Skombolis wrote:
Its obvious to me it is and he has repeated this pattern as long as I have known him.
Humans are prone to seeing patterns where there are none.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Pattern_recognit...
Skombolis wrote:
I understand posters of like-minds will agree on things. No way Tide gets into a conversation though trying to oppose my view based on proven facts that opiate addiction caused physical addiction if it didn't involve Ians. Today was a case about like-minds. It was a case about wanting Ians approval as always
It seems to me like I will only be allowed to agree with IANS if you do too. Is that how you see it?
Skombolis wrote:
Just how i see it anyway. But I do admit this isn't aa universal thing and most of the time he can speak for himself for his own reasons. But no point in belaboring the obvious, you know what situations I think he can't do that in. But if you don't agree, i have no problem agreeing to disagree
(T) Peace
I keep responding because I find your accusations extremely offensive. These accusations don't merit a response, but it isn't costing me much to put forth the effort to help you understand.

I don't sacrifice my ethics for acknowledgment. It's nice to be acknowledged by someone you respect, but that doesn't rate so high as a motivator that I would be dishonest about something.

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Chris. Generally it doesnt impress me when people do the right thing. Dont get me wrong, I respect it but I am not normalled wowed when people do what decent people should do.After all, it is what they are supposed to do. But these two older priests impress me to no end. The epitome of the effect turning our lives over to Christ can have when we let go and let God completely. Just two of the kindest, most selfless men I have ever met. The kind of guys whose example is so overpowering you cant help but to want to get involved yourself and help. When guys in their mid 80s can do it then anyone can. And they dont judge and are not condenscending. They just love people and love Jesus and want to spread a message of love through word and deed. Its inspiring.(T) PEACE
Yes. My pastor is about 74 years old. His health isn't so good but I know just what you speak of. At some point whatever a man believe will become who he is. Here in Fl. we have quite a few older folks, lol. Its not hard at all to see who lives the gospel of Christ. You can see it as the mask people hide behind don't mean much to the older folks. God's love.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't need to care even if they do get caught. Not only is that not bigotry, it doesn't relate to what IANS said, so it couldn't support your case even if it was bigotry. Analogies must relate across the mechanisms that you are trying to relate. Homosexuality is not an ideology.
<quoted text>
I denied that it was bigoted, because ...da-da da-da... it wasn't bigoted.
<quoted text>
No, that is incorrect. I acknowledge that IANS was making a judgement about the morality of Christians. He just wasn't judging the morality of all Christians. It would be more accurate to say, and would be my preference to say, that he was judging Christian morality, as set forth by the Bible, and attempting to demonstrate that indeed, many Christians follow the morality set forth by the Bible. None of that comes anywhere close to bigotry.
<quoted text>
So what? None of that is bigotry. I agree that many many Christians do all sorts of unethical things without ever making amends specifically because they have the belief that it isn't all that important, since it won't jeopardize their trip to Heaven.
I also condemn much of Christian morality. I can't follow my ethics and not do that.
<quoted text>
I understand why you think that. It's a fallacious conclusion though. Now I won't be able to agree with IANS without you believing what you want to believe about my motivations. That's a trap. You're also irrevocably convinced of it. There is no evidence or argument that I could present to dissuade you from this, I'm sorry to say, very delusional belief.
You couldn't possibly be in more denial

You continue to make absurd arguments on his behalf that he no longer even still pretends. And at the time you sure as heck didn't admit he was judging the morality of Christians. You literally claimed he was just pointing out amends aren't required under the forgiveness doctrine. Do you even believe your own b.s.?

You turn civil exchanges into confrontational, insulting ones when the poser involved was going after Ians prior

By your own posts you seem to understand prolonged opiate use leads to physical addiction. So what was your reason for even getting into this other than I was going after Ians and you wanted to try to throw in some made up definitions that could somehow explain Ians denying an absolute proven fact about addiction

I am not delusional when I remember you admitting you look up to Ians.

I am sure you just always coincidentally want to argue a position that would also serve as a defense for him based on the subject and start insulting people for no reason and not because they were going after Ians.

In defense of him you started throwing around the term "Christian" like it was an insult. Don't you remember me saying that was a strange thing to see from a guy who claims he is against labels being used negatively? yet now after Ians condemns the morality of Christians, suddenly that label thing isn't a problem for you again you want to be in his footsteps

Hey, like I said, whatever you have to tell yourself. I hope you two are very happy together for many years to come

I am going to bed. Or least I am done here. While making fun of Ians is amusing to me from time to time, Ians by proxy just doesn't have the same feel to it

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. My pastor is about 74 years old. His health isn't so good but I know just what you speak of. At some point whatever a man believe will become who he is. Here in Fl. we have quite a few older folks, lol. Its not hard at all to see who lives the gospel of Christ. You can see it as the mask people hide behind don't mean much to the older folks. God's love.
Heh, I hear ya. The older one gets the easier it probably becomes to say "hey, this is who i am, take it or leave it"! The days of game-playing are long over. good for them. Have a good one brother

(T) Peace

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Tide claimed it wouldn't be a bigoted comment if someone said "gay people don't need to care if they give each other aids during buttplay so long as they don't get caught legally" He literally tried to say someone can't know the intent of the person who said it and only someone prone to being offended might perceive it as bigoted but that interpretation is on them. Nobody with any shred of honesty could look at a comment like that and deny it is bigoted
But he made that argument so he could claim Ians saying "Christians don't need to feel bad about who they hurt because they can just ask the sky for forgiveness" was not Ians making a judgement about the morality of Christians. It was simply Ians showing someone technically isn't required to make amends to receive forgiveness under Christian doctrine. Anybody with any common sense can see the statement was not only an insult but was an implication that Christians do this and a negative judgement on their morality. In fact Ians even admitted at a later date he condemns Christian morality.
Is Tide in general someone capable of having his own thoughts and arguing his own positions based on what he believes and not taking a stupid argument just because the person he is trying to defend has taken a stupid argument? Sure. But when it comes to Ians he is not. Tide and i had a good exchange yesterday where I went out of my way to keep it respectful even as he put in less effort than I did. but regardless, it was left in a good place. Now today he comes running in to defend against my posts to Ians with insults about my drug use and other negative comments even while i was still being respectful and he wants to claim his participation wasn't motivated over Ians? Its obvious to me it is and he has repeated this pattern as long as I have known him.
(T) Peace
Like I said: Just sayin

That was my opinion. I didn't state it with thoughts of changing your opinion. I said nothing of the current debate and won't unless one of you says something that I agree with or disagree with enough to express my thoughts. I always agree to disagree :)

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
Not true
I was respectful with you yesterday
I was civil and respectful with you today
You were unable to do the same because you were too emotionally invested because it involved Ians
This pattern has repeated itself ad ad nauseum
Dent it all you wish, I know others can see it
I reacted to your arrogance and belittling of IANS.

I only regret the manner in which I insulted you.

I've done similar things when people arrogantly belittle Hindingfromyou when they're discussing evolution.

Maybe you actually think you know more about the subject matter than IANS does.

Even if my disrespectful behavior was due in part to my respect for IANS, my arguments still stand as my own, and any argument stands or falls based on it's merit and nothing more.

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
You learned that between posts?
Wow, you are a quick learner
Exactly.
Skombolis wrote:
I think you simply realized how obvious it was that you went there for no reason (other than the blatantly obvious one) and attempted to do damage control
Learning is damage control. That might be a foreign concept to you. Whenever I make a mistake, and feel the effects, I immediately look for a solution.
Skombolis wrote:
Ask yourself why it is you did go there when I hadn't disrespected you at all
You get very emotional, defensive, and insulting when you are rushing to Ians defense.
This time, you are actually correct. I felt that your behavior was out of line, more so than usual.
Skombolis wrote:
Maybe you just can't see it. maybe you don't want to see it. Or maybe you just don't want others to see it.
I don't mind seeing it, if it's true. It does have to be true first.
Skombolis wrote:
Whatever the case may be, it is plain as day. You have done this over and over again.
No, it's only the second time with IANS. I've done this for other people more often. I couldn't tell you how many times I jumped to River's defense. I don't know why I should feel bad about that sort of thing, unless I was being dishonest about something.
Skombolis wrote:
It is like dealing with two different posters. No matter how things were left prior, if it is someone going after Ians, you get mighty worked up. But tell yourself it is just a coincidence that for no reason you go on the attack any time the subject being discussed also includes someone going after Ians. Hey, that you believe it is what matters
I read this thread daily. Several posters "fight" with IANS daily. Unless a topic comes up that I want to join, I stay out of it. If you ignore all the evidence from when I could have, but didn't do what you accuse me of, then maybe you can justify this belief you have. That's called a confirmation bias.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

414 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min MUQ1 256,453
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min dirty white boy- 720,665
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min HasbhaRAT Trolls Bashers 115,030
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 7 min Karmarim 36,502
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Chess 532,628
cleaning black dollar \ cleaning black currency... (Sep '12) 16 min Awan 25
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 23 min Naveen kumar 4,629
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr bbbbbb 73
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr The Awakener 172,344
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••