“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#534264 May 15, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Do you have a point other than that you long for the days when only Christians had a voice? You don't like to hear from us, do you? And you are outraged that we are not enamored of your filthy little religion, and that we dare to say so.

Get used to it. It's only just begun. Can't you tell? Just look at the changes in this thread, which is an epitome of the same phenomenon unfolding on the societal level: first we were nowhere to be seen or heard. Then we began expressing opinions, meekly at first. We were unsure of our place. You people have behaved miserably, antagonizing unbelievers for having the gall to express skepticism. So now we are more aggressive. Now we are calling your church what it is - a blister on the "gentiles" (sic) of society.
It sounds to me like you still only want to "hear" your own Christian "voice." This atheist answered anyway. Get used to it.
hick-up wrote:
Big strong he-man knows exactly how to talk down a woman doesn't he. Put her in her place strong man and make sure she stays there.
What won't you try? Is there no manipulative technique too transparent for you to wheel out?

Actually, as I have explained to both of you, I'm not really talking to the Christian even when I am addressing them in a post. My posts are all for unbelievers and the undecided.

That post of mine suggests a point of view that I advocate. We both know that the words would be pointless if only believers were reading them, don't we? I do.

Here I'm illustrating that what the Christians really want is for us to shut up again. I hope to embolden others to recognize this as the motivation for the various manipulative techniques that you people try, like your above, and to not feel any inhibitions about expressing themselves authoritatively to these people.

I want us all to recognize that what we say is appropriate and polite enough. We needn't care that you bristle at criticism. It's not like you have ever cared about anybody but yourselves, have you?(I include you with the Christians because you carry water for them. I don't really care which ghost you believe in or what you've named it.)

Your church has maltreated us from the first day it could. We owe none of you anything, certainly not deference.

What you deserve is to be treated like you treated us. But we'll do better than that. No burning at the stake for any of you! We promise. The worst we'll do is ridicule you into the closet.

I understand that you people can't really distinguish between insults of your church and of yourselves, and feel that people like me throw the first punch. That's probably the way that Here For Now feels. But I really don't care about that any more. It's pointless, it's unilateral, and I don't have to care.

She undoubtedly turned on me because she didn't like my disrespectful attitude toward her religion. Well, her religion deserves no respect, and those that want to fight about that are welcome to do so. She was one of those people.

If you want nice, stand down. Those are the terms.
mike

AOL

#534265 May 15, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Humm curious but not curious to explore the unknown.
A wanna be of curiousity.
Suppose someone told you that you was going to have a car accident to wait around for awhile to avoid the timing.And you would not listen Bet you would not believe them until you had that accident.
Suppose someone knew you were lurking and they ask you to just come in and talk to them.Curiousity would get the best of you.
Suppose they could see that you are shaped somewhat like a pear,and you really are.Curiousity would get the best of you.
Suppose in a dream someone was talking to you and you knew who they were that had passed you just dismiss that lightly as a odd dream.You place no meaning to it at all way to fearful to explore.
Suppose mike that someone passes and then appears in a white vapor form and inside the form is the one who has passed.No dream wide awake and very intense awareness of the happens.
Suppose mike that someone going to get on a plane and you was to know that in three hours they were to die in a plane crash.Would you feel the need to warn them or what would you do dismiss it as foolishness.
Suppose mike you could look into the past and see some grand happening or suppose you could look into the future.What a gift that would all be.But you know mike people like theses that I am talking about are always and I mean always considered fruit cakes or off the rocker or just plain nuts.Sad as this may sound to you is they simply do not share what they know to be true.Just saying is all.No mike I will not post a reply to any of this post.
Thanks

Can you talk to dead people?
mike

AOL

#534266 May 15, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
I read it and have nothing to say about it. What is it you think I should say about it?
Thanks

You pretend to have integrity in regards to christianity.

Babble would be appropriate!

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#534267 May 15, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Who's playing a game?.........you maybe?!........this is nothing to play around with because we are dealing with individuals souls, and I speak only fro0m the Word of God, and if that translate into intimidation and coercion to you, then that is just sad.
.. your god has every right to demand that, if Le Le is a true Christian, she reveals her beliefs, right? After all, her very soul is at risk ..

.. so sayeth god ..
mike

AOL

#534268 May 15, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am of the opinion that if it brings comfort to someone to believe that they are receiving messages...visits...whatever from a loved one...then good...as long as they can keep perspective upon it.
However...
It is my understanding that it is not biblical. That in fact God warns against it.
It is to the best of my recollection that the Bible states...the dead are asleep and have no knowledge of the world. The story of Lazarus if I recall shows that there can be no contact with the spiritual world.
Necromancy is a term used to describe calling upon the dead...a form of black magic...which is definitely a no-no according to God.
I don't know Mike...in the end...we all at times (IMO) reach a point that we need that advice and wisdom of a person that was so valuable to us while they were alive. Does feeling as if you received a message from a past loved one harm anyone?
As far as why no one spoke up...you know the answer to that one...why even ask?
Hello Anniej

Serah didn't post it as imagination, it looks as though it was stated as fact.

When you believe in a GOD, why would something else be necessary?

Fennario

#534269 May 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
that's the freethink motto...
If you don't agree with them, you're a liar, a bigot, racist, intolerant and ignorant.
I haven't heard too many people called racist here, bit the rest is typical. But I hear it from Christians. I am called almost all of those things almost daily by the Christians on this thread. Weren't you doing just that when you substituted "black" for "Christian" in my post?

I guess it must be a Christian motto.
mike

AOL

#534271 May 15, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.......
Hello Epi

Why did you respond with "exactly" to that post?
That post stated, "The bible in and of itself is not enough", yet you post scriptures in and of themselves.

You missed a great opportunity to post "meaningful" scriptures in regards to "Serah" talking to dead people.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#534272 May 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually that's not true
"As an element of criminal responsibility, a guilty mind; a guilty or wrongful purpose; a criminal intent. Guilty knowledge and wilfulness.
A fundamental principle of Criminal Law is that a crime consists of both a mental and a physical element. Mens rea, a person's awareness of the fact that his or her conduct is criminal, is the mental element, and actus reus, the act itself, is the physical element.
The concept of mens rea developed in England during the latter part of the common-law era (about the year 1600) when judges began to hold that an act alone could not create criminal liability unless it was accompanied by a guilty state of mind. The degree of mens rea required for a particular common-law crime varied. Murder, for example, required a malicious state of mind, whereas Larceny required a felonious state of mind.
Today most crimes, including common-law crimes, are defined by statutes that usually contain a word or phrase indicating the mens rea requirement. A typical statute, for example, may require that a person act knowingly, purposely, or recklessly.
Sometimes a statute creates criminal liability for the commission or omission of a particular act without designating a mens rea. These are called Strict Liability statutes. If such a statute is construed to purposely omit criminal intent, a person who commits the crime may be guilty even though he or she had no knowledge that his or her act was criminal and had no thought of committing a crime. All that is required under such statutes is that the act itself is voluntary, since involuntary acts are not criminal.
Occasionally mens rea is used synonymously with the words general intent, although general intent is more commonly used to describe criminal liability when a defendant does not intend to bring about a particular result. Specific Intent, another term related to mens rea, describes a particular state of mind above and beyond what is generally required."
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...
Now in strict liability cases or certain other crimes, ignorance of the law is not an excuse and having guilty intent (mens rea) wouldn't matter
However, there still exists a crucial component to be guilty of a crime which is that it is voluntary
"All that is required under such statutes is that the act itself is voluntary, since involuntary acts are not criminal."
If we had no free-will then an act could not be voluntary
Thus, no guilt
This doesn't negate what I said.

"Free will" as given, or allowed, by a god, is not an element of a crime.

Ever.
mike

AOL

#534273 May 15, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
How can I explain what I have FOUND to people that have no knowledge of what I am talking about....It is like speaking a foreign language that some people can understand and others can't (and won't try to find the key for interpretation)
I'll stick with showing Jesus to the World by spreading Gods Love and Light
Wow, you really are lost if you think posting meaningless Epi-prayers is a way of showing the world a (GODs love and light)...whatever could that mean?

I don't think you understand what you, yourself is trying to do with praying incoherently in public.

Something to do on an entertainment site?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#534275 May 15, 2013
scaritual wrote:
There is no god or deity to intervene,
Don't you mean "There is no god or deity to intervene, IMO"?

Fennario

#534276 May 15, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
You putting some thought into the Christian philosophy writer, good for you. Maybe when it's all said and done you will realize is the individual Christian lifelong spiritual experience with Jesus Christ that is main thing. other than that the bible is there, only as a guide. If a Christian don't have a spiritual relationship with Jesus Christ, they might as well put down the bible.
I guess that I've put a little thought into it too, and I have a question for you: why do you keep referring to belief in spirits - gods, angels and demons - as being spiritual? You don't seem to have a clue what spirituality is.

The sine qua non of spirituality is a feeling of connection to the totality in is vastness and mystery. This elicits feelings of awe and gratitude.

You have diverted that away from your universe to a make believe world of ghosts. You call the chief ghost mysterious and awesome, and pretend to be connected to it and grateful to it.

But the fact is that you're as disconnected from reality as is possible. You despise the world. You despise the flesh. You consider matter base, and flesh fallen. The world is the worst it has ever been, man is useless, and the animals are just so many soulless meat bags put here for you to dominate.

That is a counterfeit spirituality. And there is nothing spiritual about you. You're just a deceived guy who doesn't know what is important and what is nonsense.

It's important to teach people what authentic spirituality is. Living life like you're at a bus stop waiting for the bus to heaven and thinking not about the time and place of your life, but a time you'll never see and a place that doesn't exist instead, filled with a deep pessimist about man and his world, is as bleak and unspiritual a philosophy as I can imagine.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534277 May 15, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Just going by what is posited in your mythic bible.
We've been over this before, and yet you'll ask this type question over and over, either actually believing I believe in your deity, or feigning the position for theatrics.
I vote it's theatrics, plain and simple, else you are similar to a stob in the ground.
Oh. It's your educated mind that makes you spend countless hours debating a god you don't believe in and a book you believe is myth?

Odd...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534278 May 15, 2013
scaritual wrote:
scaritual wrote: You said it right there:
"Many, many variables dictate our path and what options will be available"
Right, we have the illusion of free will. Within that illusion, we are limited in the choices we make.
<quoted text> I didn't say I don't think we have no free will, only that it is limited.
I have no belief there is a deity.
<quoted text> No.
Curious. What do you mean free will is limited?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534279 May 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You are wrong.
Tide with Beach wrote:

You are wrong.
I am Spartacus.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534280 May 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
So. Then you are saying that your bible is not a reliable source for facts.
Not at all.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534281 May 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It must really feel good not ta have ta climb out of that box yer in with that crank on the side of it!
hahahahah!
Oh ya, that's a side splitter...
mike

AOL

#534282 May 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You are all over the place and I am not understanding why as I posed a very simple and straight-forward hypothtical
There doesn't even need to be a religious component involved since my post simply stated if man had no free-will then people like stalin and Hitler would be innocent
Why they would have no free-will isn't even important to that point. The point is someone without free-will is not responsible for their actions. There is no "conjecture" about it.
If someone doesn't act voluntarily of their own mind then they aren't responsible for their actions
Whether man can sin or what my religious beliefs are have nothing to do with it
I will start again, please try to stay focused on what I am saying and presume it is based on all sorts of other components not included
If man doesn't have free-will...
(and i don't mean what degree of free-will do people think we have based on our choices being limited to our environment or any other factor)
...then he can't be considered responsible for his actions. If you believe otherwise, that someone with no free-will is still responsible for their crimes, explain to why you think that
What does responsibility have to do with it?
"man does what man is capable of doing"

Do you believe the story,"adam and Eve" were born perfect?

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#534283 May 15, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
I would advise all sceptics to read it, not once but many times. The first time I was so impressed by all the heroism, I did not notice how nonsensical it all was from an ethical point of view. You have to read it a few more times to see through it.
I once met a black man, he had passionately studied my "Mein Kampf"
I said what a strange thing to do
He said: Know thy enemy!
We should get past disgust, rejection, and study these guys seriously. To call them stupid and want to beat them in an intellectual discussion is simply your own vanity. Yes they are evil, but far from stupid. Stupid people do not rule the world. What makes them tick, what are there thought processes, how do they operate? Understand and even admire their cunning intelligence. Then start thinking about effective answers.
READ THAT BIBLE!
Understand its brilliance
Jesus said:
John 6 :37 All those the Father gives me

will come to me,

and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

41 At this the Jews there began to grumble about him because he said,
“I am the bread that came down from heaven.”
42 They said,“Is this not Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How can he now say,‘I came down from heaven’?”
43 “Stop grumbling among yourselves,” Jesus answered. 44 “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets:‘They will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me. 46 No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father. 47 Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life. 48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. 50 But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”

~*~
How can you be comfortable in thinking that God is NOT seeking you? Doesn't that make you feel left out? TRUST that YOU too are invited to admit the promptings you are feeling on your heart. Ask Him - "Are YOU for real ?"- then you will know what we know~ and He will forgive you your doubt ,when asked to.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#534284 May 15, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess that I've put a little thought into it too, and I have a question for you: why do you keep referring to belief in spirits - gods, angels and demons - as being spiritual? You don't seem to have a clue what spirituality is.
The sine qua non of spirituality is a feeling of connection to the totality in is vastness and mystery. This elicits feelings of awe and gratitude.
You have diverted that away from your universe to a make believe world of ghosts. You call the chief ghost mysterious and awesome, and pretend to be connected to it and grateful to it.
But the fact is that you're as disconnected from reality as is possible. You despise the world. You despise the flesh. You consider matter base, and flesh fallen. The world is the worst it has ever been, man is useless, and the animals are just so many soulless meat bags put here for you to dominate.
That is a counterfeit spirituality. And there is nothing spiritual about you. You're just a deceived guy who doesn't know what is important and what is nonsense.
It's important to teach people what authentic spirituality is. Living life like you're at a bus stop waiting for the bus to heaven and thinking not about the time and place of your life, but a time you'll never see and a place that doesn't exist instead, filled with a deep pessimist about man and his world, is as bleak and unspiritual a philosophy as I can imagine.
And are you going to write 50,000 more times in some different versions of what you just wrote here arguing that the Christian God does not exist? LOL.

How many more times will you write some version of "The Christian God does not exist" for you to realize that Christians here KNOW you believe the Christian God exist reason you argue against the Christian God so much?

~~grin~~

You going to deny? well show me another forum where you argue against Santa Claus as much as you argue against the Christian God.

I mean, Santa Claus is as popular in the U.S as Jesus Christ. So show me where you argue 50,000 times against against Santa Claus that you don't think exist. Unless you do believe Santa Claus exist lol!oy!lol.

Fennario

#534285 May 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You misunderstand the bible, scar. It ain't an "instruction book". It doesn't teach you how to be a good Christian all on its on. It's a starting point only.
Then who's doing the teaching when Christians say, "the bile teaches ..." or "Jesus' message is ..."

Your priests each have a different opinion, like the rest of you.

Jesus teaches nothing. It's the priests teaching according to the church's self-aggrandizing agenda.

==========

But back to Jesus. What good ideas did Jesus teach? What does he think that worth teaching? Any at all? The only worthwhile words I know attributed to him, such as love one another, were known long before his alleged birth.

If you listen to him further, you find out how perverted his version of love is. These are some of the things that "Jesus teaches" that might be original with him:

[1] Matt 5:28-32 - Jesus says marriage to a divorcee is adultery; and a man who ogles a woman has already committed adultery; and that you must cut off your hand or pluck out your eye if it offends.

[2] Matt 6:19-34 - Jesus says don't save any money and don't plan ahead.“Take therefore no thought for tomorrow: for tomorrow shall take thought of the things for itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.”- Matthew 6:34

[3] Matt 8:32 - Having no regard for private property, Jesus destroys a herd of someone else's pigs.

[4] Matt 10:34 - Jesus says he brings not peace on earth but "a sword."

[5] Matt 19:12 - Jesus says the best way for a man to be sure of getting into heaven is to have himself castrated.

[6] Mark 11:13 - Jesus destroys a fig tree for not bearing figs out of season.

[7] Mark 14:4-7 - Jesus says it is more important to anoint him with precious ointment than to give to the poor, who will always be here.

[8] Mark 16:18 - Jesus says anyone who believes in him can play with venomous snakes or drink poison without harm.(This act has been often tried, with rather unsatisfactory results.)

[9] Luke 12:47-48 - Jesus says it is permissible to whip slaves.

[10] Luke 14:26 - Jesus says no man can be his disciple unless he hates his parents, siblings, wife, children, and himself as well.[“If any one comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.”- Jesus (Luke 14:26)]

[11] Luke 19:27 - In telling a parable, Jesus insinuates that anyone who denies his rulership must be killed.

[12] John 15:6 - Jesus says anyone who doesn't believe in him must be thrown away and burned.

[13] 2 John 1:10-11 - A Christian is forbidden to offer hospitality to a non-Christian, not even to wish him "Godspeed" on parting.

[14] James 4:4 – Christians are not to be friendly with the world: "You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God."

This is what Jesus teaches. I don't see any love there. Surely we can come up with better ideas than these, and yes, we already have.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Lumajuice 797,318
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min RoSesz 568,700
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 34 min cheer the f up 120,796
Is colin powell a traitor??? (Oct '08) 51 min swedenforever 540
How can I talk my wife into a 3 way with anothe... (Apr '08) 51 min myveryownjulia 160
Young teenies 2 hr jose 2
Moses never existed 2 hr karl44 1,230
Scientific proof for God's existence 3 hr karl44 649
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr An NFL Fan 267,633
More from around the web