Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#534310 May 15, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't heard too many people called racist here, bit the rest is typical. But I hear it from Christians. I am called almost all of those things almost daily by the Christians on this thread. Weren't you doing just that when you substituted "black" for "Christian" in my post?
I guess it must be a Christian motto.
No, I didn't call you a bigot simply because I disagree with you. I call you a bigot because you are.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#534311 May 15, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. I first heard of the flying spaghetti monster a few years ago. Its means nothing to me and this is the first time I've ever posted about it to make the same point. Why do I care? I don't. Only one has any power bro. God's love.
Absolutely Bro, the only time that the flying spaghetti monster enters my mind is when someone here mentions him, and I have no interest in trying to disprove his existence, like you said, there is only one God with all power.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#534312 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
What won't you try? Is there no manipulative technique too transparent for you to wheel out?
Actually, as I have explained to both of you, I'm not really talking to the Christian even when I am addressing them in a post. My posts are all for unbelievers and the undecided.
That post of mine suggests a point of view that I advocate. We both know that the words would be pointless if only believers were reading them, don't we? I do.
Here I'm illustrating that what the Christians really want is for us to shut up again. I hope to embolden others to recognize this as the motivation for the various manipulative techniques that you people try, like your above, and to not feel any inhibitions about expressing themselves authoritatively to these people.
I want us all to recognize that what we say is appropriate and polite enough. We needn't care that you bristle at criticism. It's not like you have ever cared about anybody but yourselves, have you?(I include you with the Christians because you carry water for them. I don't really care which ghost you believe in or what you've named it.)
Your church has maltreated us from the first day it could. We owe none of you anything, certainly not deference.
What you deserve is to be treated like you treated us. But we'll do better than that. No burning at the stake for any of you! We promise. The worst we'll do is ridicule you into the closet.
I understand that you people can't really distinguish between insults of your church and of yourselves, and feel that people like me throw the first punch. That's probably the way that Here For Now feels. But I really don't care about that any more. It's pointless, it's unilateral, and I don't have to care.
This is all I care to address ...
She undoubtedly turned on me because she didn't like my disrespectful attitude toward her religion. Well, her religion deserves no respect, and those that want to fight about that are welcome to do so. She was one of those people.[QUOTE]It sounds to me that you feel like she had it coming ...she had it coming.
Misogyny 101.
If you want nice, stand down. Those are the terms.
Lol ...

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#534313 May 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Smoooch!
Right back atcha gorgeous!

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#534314 May 15, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I would never impose on that thing you try to scare people with, I'd rather watch you be foolish with it.
You wouldn't know foolish until you go back and examine your life and read your own posts, and even then it'll likely take God to open your mind so that you may see yourself manifested.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#534315 May 15, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks
Can you talk to dead people?
Anybody can talk to dead people Mike.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534316 May 15, 2013

Then who's doing the teaching when Christians say, "the bile teaches ..." or "Jesus' message is ..."
Your priests each have a different opinion, like the rest of you.
Tsk, tsk, tsk IANS. I've told you a thousand times that I don't have any priests... Can you at least try to understand that all Christians are not alike?
Jesus teaches nothing. It's the priests teaching according to the church's self-aggrandizing agenda.
What priests?

This is why you're a bigot. You generalize and stereotype ALL preachers and call them "priests". Do you not get that?? You sound like my bigoted grandpa, except he stereotyped all blacks, as if they're all the same....
But back to Jesus. What good ideas did Jesus teach?
Love your neighbor as you love yourself, for one.
What does he think that worth teaching? Any at all? The only worthwhile words I know attributed to him, such as love one another, were known long before his alleged birth.
If you listen to him further, you find out how perverted his version of love is. These are some of the things that "Jesus teaches" that might be original with him:
[1] Matt 5:28-32 - Jesus says marriage to a divorcee is adultery; and a man who ogles a woman has already committed adultery; and that you must cut off your hand or pluck out your eye if it offends.
[2] Matt 6:19-34 - Jesus says don't save any money and don't plan ahead.“Take therefore no thought for tomorrow: for tomorrow shall take thought of the things for itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.”- Matthew 6:34
[3] Matt 8:32 - Having no regard for private property, Jesus destroys a herd of someone else's pigs.
[4] Matt 10:34 - Jesus says he brings not peace on earth but "a sword."
[5] Matt 19:12 - Jesus says the best way for a man to be sure of getting into heaven is to have himself castrated.
[6] Mark 11:13 - Jesus destroys a fig tree for not bearing figs out of season.
[7] Mark 14:4-7 - Jesus says it is more important to anoint him with precious ointment than to give to the poor, who will always be here.
[8] Mark 16:18 - Jesus says anyone who believes in him can play with venomous snakes or drink poison without harm.(This act has been often tried, with rather unsatisfactory results.)
[9] Luke 12:47-48 - Jesus says it is permissible to whip slaves.
[10] Luke 14:26 - Jesus says no man can be his disciple unless he hates his parents, siblings, wife, children, and himself as well.[“If any one comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.”- Jesus (Luke 14:26)]
[11] Luke 19:27 - In telling a parable, Jesus insinuates that anyone who denies his rulership must be killed.
[12] John 15:6 - Jesus says anyone who doesn't believe in him must be thrown away and burned.
[13] 2 John 1:10-11 - A Christian is forbidden to offer hospitality to a non-Christian, not even to wish him "Godspeed" on parting.
[14] James 4:4 – Christians are not to be friendly with the world: "You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God."
This is what Jesus teaches. I don't see any love there. Surely we can come up with better ideas than these, and yes, we already have.
Your literal interpretations are amusing. It shows your biblical ignorance.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#534317 May 15, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. your god has every right to demand that, if Le Le is a true Christian, she reveals her beliefs, right? After all, her very soul is at risk ..
.. so sayeth god ..
The more sensible question would be if she is a true Christian, then why would she hide it, but given her history on this thread the answer to that is very much obvious enough.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534318 May 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

So you can't pinpoint any particular churches and you know that some churches get political so you just generalize and stereotype all of them.
<quoted text>
Say "wah-tuh" Helen. Wah-tuh. Wah-tuh.
< lightbulb illuminates above RRs head, then immediately flickers and goes dark >
Diversionary tactics not withstanding, you don't pinpoint any churches, you stereotype them all.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534319 May 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be the Greek version of your deity. Catholics use the Roman one 'Deus Pater'(AKA Jupiter). Only those speaking English call it God.
You Pagans are funny.
I DO tell some good jokes.

....cept when I do, I usually get called a racist or misogynist or sumpin.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#534320 May 15, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Absolutely Bro, the only time that the flying spaghetti monster enters my mind is when someone here mentions him, and I have no interest in trying to disprove his existence, like you said, there is only one God with all power.
Right. And you don't see Christians writing thousands of writings denying the existence of the Spaghetti Monster, because we know it does not exist.

So what is the then conclusion when atheists write thousands of writings on the internet denying the existence of the Christian God Yeshua? the only reason they would do that, is if they believed the Christian God exist.

Elementary really.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#534321 May 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I DO tell some good jokes.
....cept when I do, I usually get called a racist or misogynist or sumpin.
It is often difficult to tell when someone is joking or serious here.

Text is a poor medium for conveying intent and emotion.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#534322 May 15, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Right. And you don't see Christians writing thousands of writings denying the existence of the Spaghetti Monster, because we know it does not exist.....
So the thousands of Christian writings about the Greek, Roman, Norse, Teutonic, Celtic, Arabic and African deities is because those deities are real ?

ROFLMAO

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#534323 May 15, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Right. And you don't see Christians writing thousands of writings denying the existence of the Spaghetti Monster, because we know it does not exist.
So what is the then conclusion when atheists write thousands of writings on the internet denying the existence of the Christian God Yeshua? the only reason they would do that, is if they believed the Christian God exist.
Elementary really.
True, they are not contented or at peace with what they claim to disbelieve, they are struggling within themselves of the concept of God's existence and are not at peace.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#534324 May 15, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Anybody can talk to dead people Mike.
.. that reminds me of my four-month arsenic attempt. When RR was finally on his deathbed, I decided to bake his favorite snack - soft dough chocolate-chip raisin cookies ..

.. he was upstairs, in bed, taking his final breaths when he smelled the cookies and somehow managed to get down to the kitchen ..

RR: OH !! sweetheart, you baked my favorite snack!

HL: Don't you dare touch the cookies!

RR: Why not?

HL: They're for your funeral tomorrow.

RR: Why are you so mean?

HL: We'll discuss that in a few days.

.. RR doesn't remember anything. Dr. IANS said he was delirious ..

<< HU laughs >>

<< HL reaches for another can of Drano & squeezes more oranges >>

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#534325 May 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You are missing the point
Obviously since you are an atheist i don't think you actually expect a deity to intervene
But you guys have been making criticisms based on if God did exist
Correct, in response to your position the deity does exist. So we explore that scenario.

Location hidden

#534326 May 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
And if He did exist, you guys are claiming that Him not intervening makes him evil or proves He isn't a loving God
Based upon(in my instance, anyway) the assertion by Christians that the deity intercedes in positive ways at times for individuals or groups(prayers answered,*miracles* etc...) similar to: "The Lord kept my car from sliding off the road, that's the only thing it could be! I FELT HIM WITH ME!"

But then, an absolutely devastating event occurs, whether it be a storm, or deranged despot slaughtering thousands or millions, earthquakes, mass starvation and so forth, and then it'll be said the deity doesn't intervene then, it's all about free will.

But, he just so happened to prevent "Betty Jo" from running off a cliff.

Last Thursday at 2:15 PM.

And she knows it.

Location hidden

#534327 May 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Yet you wouldn't actually want Him to intervene unless he only intervened under the scenarios you would personally approve of. Otherwise you would be against Him intervening
According to the myth, your deity made a regular habit of interceding, mandating what will be done or must be done, and other similar interventions. Once upon a time... that is...

I wouldn't think the deity should intervene at all. Ever. Why? Because the story claims to be all about faith. Yet, the OT/NT stories regularly mention how the Yahweh!, and the Jesus! did things, or caused things to happen that compelled people to believe. So, in the myth, would they have believed if they hadn't seen those things? But now Christians maintain "The deity can't prove anything to people, it would remove free will". So, no, I don't think the deity in the myth should intervene in anything.

That extends to the Jesus! death.

What "sacrifice" was made there?

Tell me. If you were offered the deal of dying, and horribly so, but it meant every person on the planet would live for eternity and happy, and you only had to be dead for a couple days, would you do it?

I would. It's a no brainer.

And yet, according to the myth, the deity intervened(the alleged resurrection), which really turns that "sacrifice" into a inconveniencifice, since, you know, the deity is a dEIty, carrying his Union deITy card which plainly states:

Card #1 _ Issue Date:N/A - Eternal _ Expiration Date: N/A - Eternal.
Occupation or Trade: Omnipotent Being/Master Creator.
Restrictions: N/A - Indestructible/Omniscient.
State: Myth.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#534328 May 15, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Correct, in response to your position the deity does exist. So we explore that scenario.
Lol..

Location hidden

#534329 May 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You can't have it both ways
Right, to redirect your comment, that's right. You can't have it both ways. You can't be eternal, and die. Is free will by manipulation or sleight of hand still free will?
Lets stipulate for a moment that everything claimed about the Jesus! happened, and since the disciples witnessed essentially everything the Jesus! did, they believed because of that. Hold on, belief doesn't even enter into that scenario, but still...

Then later, one of the disciples told someone what they'd seen, that it was true as could be, and that the Jesus! even prophesied what that disciple would do one night... and the person listening said;

"Bull fuggin sh!t"

Is there still free will there? For who?
Skombolis wrote:
You wouldn't want God to intervene and force you to be what he wants you to be and strip you of choice and free-will.
Maybe you can ask Peter about that in the "heaven".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 184,629
News Judge allows Oregon resident to be genderless 2 hr The Judge 6
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr nanoanomaly 981,409
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Jedi Master 673,420
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 hr Barking Hillary 104,837
Obama Pays Muslim Brotherhood Yearly Membership... 5 hr Godly Godlike 2
CNN: Bill Cosby past away today after long batt... (Dec '08) 6 hr What Was That 85
More from around the web