Hmmm- came in to look for EPIPHANY's posts~

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#534294 May 15, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:

I think you may be drunk right now.
One wonders what lead you to such an erroneous assumption.
I trust my methodology for evaluating information, rational skepticism, and logic.
Well, your methodology for evaluating information, rational skepticism, and logic failed you in claiming that I may have been drunk.

For the scoreboard, I posted that around 5pm last night and was sipping iced tea.
No, I'd rather compete.
That's childish. Not very rational.
We don't need to agree about the nature of reality for there to be only one correct version of it. Some people may just have a more accurate understanding of the nature of reality.
There's "only one correct version of reality"?!

Huh... I remember reading this, gimme your insights on it (since you know what is and isn't normal)

"During sex, Jack's girlfriend, Ann, let her Irish setter share the bed. Since the dog took an interest in the proceedings, the arrangement made Jack uncomfortable. When Jack expressed misgivings, Ann attacked him as obsessive. Jack told Ann that he would be seeking my opinion. Good, she said. I was just the guy.

Was Jack neurotic? Was Ann perverse? I chose not to answer; with or without diagnoses, the two would break up (presently, they did) or enter the sort of stable relationship where the woman calls the man fussy and the man considers the woman irrational. But I did note that my role—fledgling psychiatrist—now qualified me to adjudicate: Who is normal?"
A free thinker is not inexorably bound by their opinions/thoughts/beliefs or by external authorities.
M'kay...
A rational skeptic is a free thinker who evaluates claims to determine if they are true. We rely on falsification and empirical research that is reproducible. We trust our conclusions only as far as the quality of our methods merit. We take into account human limitations in what we are and aren't able know and understand. We strive to remove as much subjectivity from our evaluations as we can, to more accurately map reality. We think understanding is a prerequisite to value judgment.
Thanks! I'll endeavor to stop comparing freethinkers and rational skeptics.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#534295 May 15, 2013
Posted by a friend- a topic close to the heart of Christ. For His purpose and His glory- we enter Christianity and we accept His help to clean us up.

"This past weekend was kind of a quiet one to me. My heart has been aching for all the family members that are not serving the Lord. I think to myself, how in the world do they get along without the Lord in their lives.

When you give your heart to the Lord and decide to follow him you must do it with your whole being. You cannot live for God half way. People think its ok to still party, drink, cuss... and do other things God looks down on.
I read a scripture yesterday in the bible that spoke to me and I thought this is the reason why we as Christians are not seeing healings anymore or other wonderful things God has for us. The scripture I read stated that if you have anything in your heart that is wrong like hate, envy, jealousy, strife etc God will not heal you. Your heart must be pure before the Lord before he can do anything for you. Is it time for you to fall in Love with Jesus? Ive been praying and working on things in my life too and I must say Im not perfect but Im going to do more praying and seeking God everyday... I want what God has in store for me."

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534296 May 15, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
I would advise all sceptics to read it, not once but many times. The first time I was so impressed by all the heroism, I did not notice how nonsensical it all was from an ethical point of view. You have to read it a few more times to see through it.
I once met a black man, he had passionately studied my "Mein Kampf"
I said what a strange thing to do
He said: Know thy enemy!
We should get past disgust, rejection, and study these guys seriously. To call them stupid and want to beat them in an intellectual discussion is simply your own vanity. Yes they are evil, but far from stupid. Stupid people do not rule the world. What makes them tick, what are there thought processes, how do they operate? Understand and even admire their cunning intelligence. Then start thinking about effective answers.
READ THAT BIBLE!
Understand its brilliance
You consider Christians your enemy??

Are you waging an atheist jihad?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534297 May 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Catcher don't do that interveinous stuff.
You'll haft'a teach 'em so's he'll know what yer talk'n 'bout.
Sure he do. He'll draw that line then use a rolled up page of the bible instead of a $100 bill...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534298 May 15, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
Is this a question?
I'm making fun of you, boulder.
Then don't claim that rolling a boulder uphill is normal. That's not very rational of you...
I call homosexuality natural because it occurs in nature.
So what. Rape also happens in nature.
I say it in response to those that call it unnatural. They either understand what these words mean, and are just incorrect, or are ignorantly using the wrong words to try to say something else.
Undoubtedly the latter.

Perhaps they use 'natural' when they should use 'normal'.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534299 May 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Zeus wasn't the cause of 250 million deaths.
I don't care and won't debate Zeus (ceppin the Liam Neeson one)

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#534300 May 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care and won't debate Zeus (ceppin the Liam Neeson one)
That would be the Greek version of your deity. Catholics use the Roman one 'Deus Pater'(AKA Jupiter). Only those speaking English call it God.

You Pagans are funny.
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#534301 May 15, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Say "wah-tuh" Helen. Wah-tuh. Wah-tuh.
< lightbulb illuminates above RRs head, then immediately flickers and goes dark >
wahtuh are you sayinga, that rr is a dimwit?

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#534302 May 15, 2013
Yet another school holiday today. Imagine that.

Who'd of thunk?

<<<<Rolls eyes.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#534303 May 15, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks
You pretend to have integrity in regards to christianity.
Babble would be appropriate!
I don't pretend to or claim to. What is it that you would like me to address?

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#534304 May 15, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you just whined and complained in that comment.
Lacez, yer an idjut..........

“"None shall pass"”

There

#534305 May 15, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
Yet another school holiday today. Imagine that.
Who'd of thunk?
<<<<Rolls eyes.
Poor old fart, still jealous of me.

God has blessed me very well.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#534306 May 15, 2013
I'm going to advertise this thread as a circus.. <3

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#534307 May 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor old fart, still jealous of me.
God has blessed me very well.
True <3

“"None shall pass"”

There

#534308 May 15, 2013
Ashelah wrote:
<quoted text>
True <3
Smoooch!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534309 May 15, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I thought, you subliterate Dimwit.
<quoted text>
.. sorry for the delay sir. I was slaughtering cow all last night so I could make you fresh roast beef manwiches the rest of this month. Then I took a 10-mile run. I know how you hate female fat. Sorry for the delay. Here you go ..
AIN: Quit belittling the Dimwit or I'll take you over my knee.
<< adding Drano to orange juice >>
.. here RR, have some fresh-squeezed orange juice ..
<< RR gulps down juice >>
.. would you like another glass ??..
Lol, yer such a dork ;)

You know I've built up an immunity to Drano, right?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#534310 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>
I haven't heard too many people called racist here, bit the rest is typical. But I hear it from Christians. I am called almost all of those things almost daily by the Christians on this thread. Weren't you doing just that when you substituted "black" for "Christian" in my post?
I guess it must be a Christian motto.
No, I didn't call you a bigot simply because I disagree with you. I call you a bigot because you are.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#534311 May 15, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. I first heard of the flying spaghetti monster a few years ago. Its means nothing to me and this is the first time I've ever posted about it to make the same point. Why do I care? I don't. Only one has any power bro. God's love.
Absolutely Bro, the only time that the flying spaghetti monster enters my mind is when someone here mentions him, and I have no interest in trying to disprove his existence, like you said, there is only one God with all power.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#534312 May 15, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
What won't you try? Is there no manipulative technique too transparent for you to wheel out?
Actually, as I have explained to both of you, I'm not really talking to the Christian even when I am addressing them in a post. My posts are all for unbelievers and the undecided.
That post of mine suggests a point of view that I advocate. We both know that the words would be pointless if only believers were reading them, don't we? I do.
Here I'm illustrating that what the Christians really want is for us to shut up again. I hope to embolden others to recognize this as the motivation for the various manipulative techniques that you people try, like your above, and to not feel any inhibitions about expressing themselves authoritatively to these people.
I want us all to recognize that what we say is appropriate and polite enough. We needn't care that you bristle at criticism. It's not like you have ever cared about anybody but yourselves, have you?(I include you with the Christians because you carry water for them. I don't really care which ghost you believe in or what you've named it.)
Your church has maltreated us from the first day it could. We owe none of you anything, certainly not deference.
What you deserve is to be treated like you treated us. But we'll do better than that. No burning at the stake for any of you! We promise. The worst we'll do is ridicule you into the closet.
I understand that you people can't really distinguish between insults of your church and of yourselves, and feel that people like me throw the first punch. That's probably the way that Here For Now feels. But I really don't care about that any more. It's pointless, it's unilateral, and I don't have to care.
This is all I care to address ...
She undoubtedly turned on me because she didn't like my disrespectful attitude toward her religion. Well, her religion deserves no respect, and those that want to fight about that are welcome to do so. She was one of those people.[QUOTE]It sounds to me that you feel like she had it coming ...she had it coming.
Misogyny 101.
If you want nice, stand down. Those are the terms.
Lol ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Riverside Rednek 59,316
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min kent 695,378
"You Might Be A Liberal If..." 29 min Libs R Dumbacrats 3
CNN: Bill Cosby past away today after long batt... (Dec '08) 1 hr How does it feel 93
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Robert F 994,029
topix is a joke and unfair to the people who s... (Jan '09) 7 hr Ricky F 27
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 hr verykinky 446,246
More from around the web