Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#534235 May 15, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing you were correct about in this post was that I insulted you.
This is exactly where you want this conversation. You want to dive into the gutter and stay there, but I do not.
Not true

I was respectful with you yesterday

I was civil and respectful with you today

You were unable to do the same because you were too emotionally invested because it involved Ians

This pattern has repeated itself ad ad nauseum

Dent it all you wish, I know others can see it

Since: Jan 11

United States

#534236 May 15, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
That's not fair, Skom.
I've been posting with Tide for quite a while and, in my opinion, his thoughts are his own. I'm pretty sure that he doesn't want to have sex with IANS and I don't know anything about his Daddy. You can't really blame somebody for agreeing with like minded posters, can you? Not on this thread.
Debates are good. Tide is good at it. Sometimes he makes my brain itch.
Just sayin
Didn't I tell you that I work with my dad sometimes? We've been working on a kitchen remodel for about the last two weeks.

The cabinets were made in China. They cost like $1 each. No, but they were very affordable.

Location hidden

#534237 May 15, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>

It wasn't about you, it was about me, but not my own insecurities. I learned that I can't insult a person for being an addict without feeling bad about it.
You learned that between posts?

Wow, you are a quick learner

I think you simply realized how obvious it was that you went there for no reason (other than the blatantly obvious one) and attempted to do damage control

Ask yourself why it is you did go there when I hadn't disrespected you at all

You get very emotional, defensive, and insulting when you are rushing to Ians defense. Maybe you just can't see it. maybe you don't want to see it. Or maybe you just don't want others to see it.

Whatever the case may be, it is plain as day. You have done this over and over again. It is like dealing with two different posters. No matter how things were left prior, if it is someone going after Ians, you get mighty worked up. But tell yourself it is just a coincidence that for no reason you go on the attack any time the subject being discussed also includes someone going after Ians. Hey, that you believe it is what matters

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#534238 May 15, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't I tell you that I work with my dad sometimes? We've been working on a kitchen remodel for about the last two weeks.
The cabinets were made in China. They cost like $1 each. No, but they were very affordable.
Hey !!!

A fake River Tam photobomb.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpk8u2wATQ1...

That's not right.

United States

#534239 May 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I have to disagree my friend, at least when the subject involves IANs. Tide has consistently made absurbd arguments defying common sense because he is so vested in protecting Ians
Tide claimed it wouldn't be a bigoted comment if someone said "gay people don't need to care if they give each other aids during buttplay so long as they don't get caught legally"
They don't need to care even if they do get caught. Not only is that not bigotry, it doesn't relate to what IANS said, so it couldn't support your case even if it was bigotry. Analogies must relate across the mechanisms that you are trying to relate. Homosexuality is not an ideology.
Skombolis wrote:
He literally tried to say someone can't know the intent of the person who said it and only someone prone to being offended might perceive it as bigoted but that interpretation is on them. Nobody with any shred of honesty could look at a comment like that and deny it is bigoted
I denied that it was bigoted, because ...da-da da-da... it wasn't bigoted.
Skombolis wrote:
But he made that argument so he could claim Ians saying "Christians don't need to feel bad about who they hurt because they can just ask the sky for forgiveness" was not Ians making a judgement about the morality of Christians.
No, that is incorrect. I acknowledge that IANS was making a judgement about the morality of Christians. He just wasn't judging the morality of all Christians. It would be more accurate to say, and would be my preference to say, that he was judging Christian morality, as set forth by the Bible, and attempting to demonstrate that indeed, many Christians follow the morality set forth by the Bible. None of that comes anywhere close to bigotry.
Skombolis wrote:
It was simply Ians showing someone technically isn't required to make amends to receive forgiveness under Christian doctrine. Anybody with any common sense can see the statement was not only an insult but was an implication that Christians do this and a negative judgement on their morality. In fact Ians even admitted at a later date he condemns Christian morality.
So what? None of that is bigotry. I agree that many many Christians do all sorts of unethical things without ever making amends specifically because they have the belief that it isn't all that important, since it won't jeopardize their trip to Heaven.

I also condemn much of Christian morality. I can't follow my ethics and not do that.
Skombolis wrote:
Is Tide in general someone capable of having his own thoughts and arguing his own positions based on what he believes and not taking a stupid argument just because the person he is trying to defend has taken a stupid argument? Sure. But when it comes to Ians he is not.
I understand why you think that. It's a fallacious conclusion though. Now I won't be able to agree with IANS without you believing what you want to believe about my motivations. That's a trap. You're also irrevocably convinced of it. There is no evidence or argument that I could present to dissuade you from this, I'm sorry to say, very delusional belief.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#534240 May 15, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the people who do exist are to blame.
Logic fails you. Quick one. In 2005 after hurricane Katrina hit the gulf coast damage was done from New Orleans to Tallahassee. It was one of the biggest hurricanes the nation has ever seen. A church here was on the ground in New Orleans within a few days of the levees failing helping. But yea, blame the nearest Christian for it. Lol.

Clearwater, FL

#534241 May 15, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good point Bro, that is the case with nearly all of them, why go to such lengths to try and disprove something that you don't believe in, anyone who is contented in their disbelief would not waste their time here, crazy.
Peace.
Indeed. I first heard of the flying spaghetti monster a few years ago. Its means nothing to me and this is the first time I've ever posted about it to make the same point. Why do I care? I don't. Only one has any power bro. God's love.

United States

#534242 May 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Tide and i had a good exchange yesterday where I went out of my way to keep it respectful even as he put in less effort than I did. but regardless, it was left in a good place. Now today he comes running in to defend against my posts to Ians with insults about my drug use and other negative comments even while i was still being respectful and he wants to claim his participation wasn't motivated over Ians?
You have no idea how much effort I put in. You can only evaluate the output. But regardless, I jumped into a conversation that I was interested in, and that I am knowledgeable about. I agreed with what IANS said because I agreed with what he said. The opinions I expressed tonight existed several years prior to me even joining topix.
Skombolis wrote:
Its obvious to me it is and he has repeated this pattern as long as I have known him.
Humans are prone to seeing patterns where there are none.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Pattern_recognit...
Skombolis wrote:
I understand posters of like-minds will agree on things. No way Tide gets into a conversation though trying to oppose my view based on proven facts that opiate addiction caused physical addiction if it didn't involve Ians. Today was a case about like-minds. It was a case about wanting Ians approval as always
It seems to me like I will only be allowed to agree with IANS if you do too. Is that how you see it?
Skombolis wrote:
Just how i see it anyway. But I do admit this isn't aa universal thing and most of the time he can speak for himself for his own reasons. But no point in belaboring the obvious, you know what situations I think he can't do that in. But if you don't agree, i have no problem agreeing to disagree
(T) Peace
I keep responding because I find your accusations extremely offensive. These accusations don't merit a response, but it isn't costing me much to put forth the effort to help you understand.

I don't sacrifice my ethics for acknowledgment. It's nice to be acknowledged by someone you respect, but that doesn't rate so high as a motivator that I would be dishonest about something.

Clearwater, FL

#534243 May 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Chris. Generally it doesnt impress me when people do the right thing. Dont get me wrong, I respect it but I am not normalled wowed when people do what decent people should do.After all, it is what they are supposed to do. But these two older priests impress me to no end. The epitome of the effect turning our lives over to Christ can have when we let go and let God completely. Just two of the kindest, most selfless men I have ever met. The kind of guys whose example is so overpowering you cant help but to want to get involved yourself and help. When guys in their mid 80s can do it then anyone can. And they dont judge and are not condenscending. They just love people and love Jesus and want to spread a message of love through word and deed. Its inspiring.(T) PEACE
Yes. My pastor is about 74 years old. His health isn't so good but I know just what you speak of. At some point whatever a man believe will become who he is. Here in Fl. we have quite a few older folks, lol. Its not hard at all to see who lives the gospel of Christ. You can see it as the mask people hide behind don't mean much to the older folks. God's love.

Location hidden

#534244 May 15, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't need to care even if they do get caught. Not only is that not bigotry, it doesn't relate to what IANS said, so it couldn't support your case even if it was bigotry. Analogies must relate across the mechanisms that you are trying to relate. Homosexuality is not an ideology.
<quoted text>
I denied that it was bigoted, because ...da-da da-da... it wasn't bigoted.
<quoted text>
No, that is incorrect. I acknowledge that IANS was making a judgement about the morality of Christians. He just wasn't judging the morality of all Christians. It would be more accurate to say, and would be my preference to say, that he was judging Christian morality, as set forth by the Bible, and attempting to demonstrate that indeed, many Christians follow the morality set forth by the Bible. None of that comes anywhere close to bigotry.
<quoted text>
So what? None of that is bigotry. I agree that many many Christians do all sorts of unethical things without ever making amends specifically because they have the belief that it isn't all that important, since it won't jeopardize their trip to Heaven.
I also condemn much of Christian morality. I can't follow my ethics and not do that.
<quoted text>
I understand why you think that. It's a fallacious conclusion though. Now I won't be able to agree with IANS without you believing what you want to believe about my motivations. That's a trap. You're also irrevocably convinced of it. There is no evidence or argument that I could present to dissuade you from this, I'm sorry to say, very delusional belief.
You couldn't possibly be in more denial

You continue to make absurd arguments on his behalf that he no longer even still pretends. And at the time you sure as heck didn't admit he was judging the morality of Christians. You literally claimed he was just pointing out amends aren't required under the forgiveness doctrine. Do you even believe your own b.s.?

You turn civil exchanges into confrontational, insulting ones when the poser involved was going after Ians prior

By your own posts you seem to understand prolonged opiate use leads to physical addiction. So what was your reason for even getting into this other than I was going after Ians and you wanted to try to throw in some made up definitions that could somehow explain Ians denying an absolute proven fact about addiction

I am not delusional when I remember you admitting you look up to Ians.

I am sure you just always coincidentally want to argue a position that would also serve as a defense for him based on the subject and start insulting people for no reason and not because they were going after Ians.

In defense of him you started throwing around the term "Christian" like it was an insult. Don't you remember me saying that was a strange thing to see from a guy who claims he is against labels being used negatively? yet now after Ians condemns the morality of Christians, suddenly that label thing isn't a problem for you again you want to be in his footsteps

Hey, like I said, whatever you have to tell yourself. I hope you two are very happy together for many years to come

I am going to bed. Or least I am done here. While making fun of Ians is amusing to me from time to time, Ians by proxy just doesn't have the same feel to it

Location hidden

#534245 May 15, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. My pastor is about 74 years old. His health isn't so good but I know just what you speak of. At some point whatever a man believe will become who he is. Here in Fl. we have quite a few older folks, lol. Its not hard at all to see who lives the gospel of Christ. You can see it as the mask people hide behind don't mean much to the older folks. God's love.
Heh, I hear ya. The older one gets the easier it probably becomes to say "hey, this is who i am, take it or leave it"! The days of game-playing are long over. good for them. Have a good one brother

(T) Peace

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#534246 May 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to disagree my friend, at least when the subject involves IANs. Tide has consistently made absurbd arguments defying common sense because he is so vested in protecting Ians
Tide claimed it wouldn't be a bigoted comment if someone said "gay people don't need to care if they give each other aids during buttplay so long as they don't get caught legally" He literally tried to say someone can't know the intent of the person who said it and only someone prone to being offended might perceive it as bigoted but that interpretation is on them. Nobody with any shred of honesty could look at a comment like that and deny it is bigoted
But he made that argument so he could claim Ians saying "Christians don't need to feel bad about who they hurt because they can just ask the sky for forgiveness" was not Ians making a judgement about the morality of Christians. It was simply Ians showing someone technically isn't required to make amends to receive forgiveness under Christian doctrine. Anybody with any common sense can see the statement was not only an insult but was an implication that Christians do this and a negative judgement on their morality. In fact Ians even admitted at a later date he condemns Christian morality.
Is Tide in general someone capable of having his own thoughts and arguing his own positions based on what he believes and not taking a stupid argument just because the person he is trying to defend has taken a stupid argument? Sure. But when it comes to Ians he is not. Tide and i had a good exchange yesterday where I went out of my way to keep it respectful even as he put in less effort than I did. but regardless, it was left in a good place. Now today he comes running in to defend against my posts to Ians with insults about my drug use and other negative comments even while i was still being respectful and he wants to claim his participation wasn't motivated over Ians? Its obvious to me it is and he has repeated this pattern as long as I have known him.
I understand posters of like-minds will agree on things. No way Tide gets into a conversation though trying to oppose my view based on proven facts that opiate addiction caused physical addiction if it didn't involve Ians. Today was a case about like-minds. It was a case about wanting Ians approval as always
Just how i see it anyway. But I do admit this isn't aa universal thing and most of the time he can speak for himself for his own reasons. But no point in belaboring the obvious, you know what situations I think he can't do that in. But if you don't agree, i have no problem agreeing to disagree
(T) Peace
Like I said: Just sayin

That was my opinion. I didn't state it with thoughts of changing your opinion. I said nothing of the current debate and won't unless one of you says something that I agree with or disagree with enough to express my thoughts. I always agree to disagree :)

United States

#534247 May 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Not true
I was respectful with you yesterday
I was civil and respectful with you today
You were unable to do the same because you were too emotionally invested because it involved Ians
This pattern has repeated itself ad ad nauseum
Dent it all you wish, I know others can see it
I reacted to your arrogance and belittling of IANS.

I only regret the manner in which I insulted you.

I've done similar things when people arrogantly belittle Hindingfromyou when they're discussing evolution.

Maybe you actually think you know more about the subject matter than IANS does.

Even if my disrespectful behavior was due in part to my respect for IANS, my arguments still stand as my own, and any argument stands or falls based on it's merit and nothing more.

United States

#534248 May 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You learned that between posts?
Wow, you are a quick learner
Exactly.
Skombolis wrote:
I think you simply realized how obvious it was that you went there for no reason (other than the blatantly obvious one) and attempted to do damage control
Learning is damage control. That might be a foreign concept to you. Whenever I make a mistake, and feel the effects, I immediately look for a solution.
Skombolis wrote:
Ask yourself why it is you did go there when I hadn't disrespected you at all
You get very emotional, defensive, and insulting when you are rushing to Ians defense.
This time, you are actually correct. I felt that your behavior was out of line, more so than usual.
Skombolis wrote:
Maybe you just can't see it. maybe you don't want to see it. Or maybe you just don't want others to see it.
I don't mind seeing it, if it's true. It does have to be true first.
Skombolis wrote:
Whatever the case may be, it is plain as day. You have done this over and over again.
No, it's only the second time with IANS. I've done this for other people more often. I couldn't tell you how many times I jumped to River's defense. I don't know why I should feel bad about that sort of thing, unless I was being dishonest about something.
Skombolis wrote:
It is like dealing with two different posters. No matter how things were left prior, if it is someone going after Ians, you get mighty worked up. But tell yourself it is just a coincidence that for no reason you go on the attack any time the subject being discussed also includes someone going after Ians. Hey, that you believe it is what matters
I read this thread daily. Several posters "fight" with IANS daily. Unless a topic comes up that I want to join, I stay out of it. If you ignore all the evidence from when I could have, but didn't do what you accuse me of, then maybe you can justify this belief you have. That's called a confirmation bias.

United States

#534249 May 15, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
Hey !!!
A fake River Tam photobomb.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpk8u2wATQ1...
That's not right.
Is that a safe place for lit candles?

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#534251 May 15, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that a safe place for lit candles?
They weren't lit until they got too close. Spontaneous combustion is REAL !!

United States

#534252 May 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You couldn't possibly be in more denial
You continue to make absurd arguments on his behalf that he no longer even still pretends. And at the time you sure as heck didn't admit he was judging the morality of Christians. You literally claimed he was just pointing out amends aren't required under the forgiveness doctrine. Do you even believe your own b.s.?
You were calling his statements bigoted. That's what I was arguing against.

I know he was judging the morality of Christians. I also know that he was not judging the morality of all Christians. Specifically, he was addressing the absence of an obligation for Christians to make amends to people in order to receive forgiveness from the God character, and attempting to demonstrate that it was a common Christian characteristic.
Skombolis wrote:
You turn civil exchanges into confrontational, insulting ones when the poser involved was going after Ians prior
By your own posts you seem to understand prolonged opiate use leads to physical addiction. So what was your reason for even getting into this other than I was going after Ians and you wanted to try to throw in some made up definitions that could somehow explain Ians denying an absolute proven fact about addiction
My reason is as I said. The subject interests me. I think I can contribute valuable insight.
Skombolis wrote:
I am not delusional when I remember you admitting you look up to Ians.
I am sure you just always coincidentally want to argue a position that would also serve as a defense for him based on the subject and start insulting people for no reason and not because they were going after Ians.
I don't mind conceding that I insulted you because of how you converse with IANS.

That has nothing to do with the rest of the conversation we were having.
Skombolis wrote:
In defense of him you started throwing around the term "Christian" like it was an insult. Don't you remember me saying that was a strange thing to see from a guy who claims he is against labels being used negatively?
I'm not against labels. I'm against unfair prejudices. I'm wary of labels, since they are so often used as a means of propagating unfair prejudices.

It's fair to draw attention to the fact that a person is a Christian when they start to employ skepticism or talk about things being far fetched or hard to believe.
Skombolis wrote:
yet now after Ians condemns the morality of Christians, suddenly that label thing isn't a problem for you again you want to be in his footsteps
I'm very consistent. Your understanding and memory is just all over the place.
Skombolis wrote:
Hey, like I said, whatever you have to tell yourself. I hope you two are very happy together for many years to come
I am going to bed. Or least I am done here. While making fun of Ians is amusing to me from time to time, Ians by proxy just doesn't have the same feel to it
Yeah man, whatever you have to believe to make sense of why I might agree with someone besides you...

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#534253 May 15, 2013

United States

#534254 May 15, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
They weren't lit until they got too close. Spontaneous combustion is REAL !!
What about spontaneous cumbustin'.

Why do they call it a prostate exam? Isn't it more like a prostate pop quiz?

I've been up too late. Sorry. I'll have some better jokes when I get some rest.

Goodnight.

:)

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#534255 May 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>One. Just one example of rolling a boulder uphill that'd be "natural"....
http://www.forteantimes.com/features/articles...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min VIKING 968,714
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 13 min truth 44,112
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 34 min Card Carrying Zio... 181,895
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 54 min truth 637,235
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 55 min MUQ2 28,361
ex wives of PTSD veterans (Mar '12) 59 min Divine mother 31
Oldest Language in India : Telugu or Sanskrit ?? (Feb '12) 1 hr Aravind 262
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 5 hr truth 37,988
More from around the web